Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Blank Slate ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Rated T for minor cursing, a possible concussion and a few mentions of suicide. “A person is so much easier to control when they're a blank slate.” -Naraku from the English dub of Inuyasha.
 
As Sakano headed back downstairs to rejoin his band, he had to stop and cringe at the sound of very loud synthesizers coming from down the hall. He gritted his teeth and headed down the hall toward the noise. He yanked the door open and yelled inside, “Turn that crap off!”
Ryuichi, who was lying on the floor listening, moved only his eyes toward the door. When he saw who his visitor was, a huge grin split his face. “Sakano-san! Where's Shuichi-kun?” he said, walking around the younger man to look for his protégé. “He's working, and he can't concentrate with this crap blaring throughout the studio!” Sakano yelled with his hands over his ears. Grin still plastered on his face (though whether it was from practice, politeness or not having heard him Sakano didn't know), Ryuichi turned off the DVD of Nittle Grasper's last, rarest and highest rated concert, lifted his constant companion from the couch and said, “Kumagorou says that Sakano-san yells too much. He's going to have a heart attack if he keeps yelling.”
Sakano stared at Ryuichi for a long moment before saying incredulously, “What's with the damn rabbit? No one over thirteen should have one of those. Are you nuts or do you actually think that thing's alive?”
Ryuichi's mouth dropped in shock before his lip started to tremble. His eyebrows knitted furiously. People could talk about him, but insulting Kumagorou took it too far. So he thought of the worst way to punish that remark. Considering it was Sakano-san… He sucked in a huge breath before rocking the walls of the studio with an ear-splitting “TOOOOOOHMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”
Sakano laughed. “What's Seguchi going to do? Slap me with a purple glove?” Within a minute Tohma and Noriko ran through the door. Ryuichi was in tears at this point and could barely explain through his sobs Sakano's attack on “poor Kuma-chan.” Tohma's voice cut the air like a knife. “Sakano-san, your actions today have been…disturbing to say the least.” Sakano sighed. “Well, can I help it if your lead singer is that emotionally unstable? You should've stayed retired.”
Noriko, who normally would've applauded Sakano's new found sense of individuality, was enraged. “You, of all people, have a lot of nerve talking to your president like that,” she spat, her voice dripping with venom. Sakano was finally silent, his jaw apparently unhinged and dragging the floor. You've got to be kidding me… “President?” he slowly whispered. It hadn't been lost on Seguchi's ears. “Yes, Sakano-san. I am the president,” he said as he crossed his arms over his chest. “Remember?”
No… “Uh, excuse me Seguchi-san, but I need to check on Bad Luck.” With that, Sakano left the studio and set off down the hall at a pace somewhere between jogging and sprinting.
Ryuichi instantly perked up. “Wait for me Sakano-san; I want to see Shuichi-kun!” Tohma sighed and grabbed Ryuichi's wrist. “You're not going anywhere.” Ryuichi pulled. And pulled. And was starting to win.