Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Wings ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Nope, of course they aren't mine.
A.N. This is my first attempt at a fantasy, so sorry if it sucks.
Shuichi Shindo ran, his boots slapping the concrete, sloshing through puddles from last nights rain. It was raining now, and the mist had slightly dampened his pink hair. His legs burned, and his breath hurt, his throat, but still he ran, fearing what would happen if he stopped.
They were after his soul. The empty creatures known as Soul Stealers. They wanted to make him one of theirs. He swallowed, fear their tiny bodies on his skin. He kept running, not sure where he was going. He was sure he'd passed the last spot for a portal ages ago, and had no clue where the next one was.
`If I was stronger... I could sense it...' He thought `If I was stronger... I could fly. I wouldn't be stuck here... running like some coward. Hell, who am I kidding? I am a coward.'
He turned back, trying to see how far the creatures were behind him, he stumbled, falling to the ground.
“Great. I...”
But he stopped, upon seeing the almost wall like pile of Soul Stealers in front of him, their yellow eyes and almost bug-like bodies wiggling in front of him.
“Oh... God...”
“SON OF A-- GET UP!”
Shuichi looked up, trying to see who had called to him, as we all to head the mysterious voice's command. A body dropped from a nearby roof, falling to the ground and landing on it's feet in front of Shuichi. Shuichi stumbled back, still on his hands and knees. A pair of white wings came into view, and golden hair that shone in the moonlight. There was some type of light from the Soul Stealers.
“Shield!” The man yelled, holding up his hand and as if made from air, an invisable shield formed in front of him, deflecting their attack. He turned his head, his face nearly blocked by the size of his large wings. But Shuichi could make out a pair of amber eyes.
`Like... pure gold...' He thought softly `He must be an angel... I thought they were nearly extinct...'
“GET UP!” He yelled again, and this time Shuichi obeyed, only to nearly collaspe again. His savior had turned back to the Soul Stealers. “Stop!”
Suddenly, time stood still, and the creatures froze as if in ice. He lowered his hands, clapping them once together, and slamming them into the ground.
“Banish!”
Underneath the wall of Soul Stealers, a portal opened, swallowing them just as they began to awaken from their sleep. The golden haired angel turned to Shuichi.
`Like pure... gold.' Shuichi thought, slipping into unconsciousness
REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!
A.N. Like I said, this is my first attempt at writing a fantasy story, but I really wanted to do it, so I decided to give it a shot. I actually wrote this a while ago, and had it in my head for even longer than that before I finally sat down and typed it up. But for a long time, it took me ages to decide on a title for the story. I was going to go with so many different titles, like “Half and Half” (which'll make sense later), and things like One Night, and Angel. But I eventually settled on Broken Wings.