Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Bundle of Dreams ❯ Hello, Sister Dear ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TITLE: Bundle of Dreams
AUTHOR: WolfPuck
FEEDBACK: Feel free to leave a review or send feedback to ba88_osapup@hotmail.com. You don't have to, I suppose…though I may be forced to hire K to snipe you if you don't… Just a thought.
DISCLAIMER: I own nothing remotely related to the Gravitation manga, anime series, or creator Maki Murakami. I own the storyline and the character of Arina, both of which were summoned from the darkest pits of my imagination. Though Eiri Yuki has recently gone missing, and may have been stuffed into the even darker pits of my closet. Ryuichi says I `stole' Yuki, but that's just his story.
RATING: PG-13 for language, as well as some sensual imagery.
 
This fiction is based off the anime series, not the manga. The events take place at an undisclosed time after Yuki's return from New York at the end of the series.
 
Time to introduce Arina! *squeals* Yays!
 
 
****
 
 
 
 
Chapter 2
 
“Arina!” The girl ignored the yell, choosing instead to continue cleaning her firearm. Like the American Mr. K, Arina Seguchi was extremely fond of the weapons—something of which her brother, Touma, was less than fond.
 
“Arina Seguchi!” Realizing that the yelling wasn't going to stop unless she made the token obligatory appearance her brother usually demanded at these affairs, she decided to give in sooner rather than argue later.
 
“Coming, Touma!” Arina called, louder than was necessary. Sighing, she replaced the gun in its leather shoulder holster, slipping both back into the top drawer of her dresser. Arina stopped by the full-length mirror before exiting the room, checking her dress one last time before she made the trip downstairs.
 
“Well, here goes nothing,” Arina said to herself. She turned and strode out the bedroom door, wishing she could bring her sidearm with her as well.
 
****
 
“Ah, there you are, Arina!” Touma exclaimed, plastering a huge grin across his face. Her brother's face-splitting smiles and liquid green eyes had a tendency to piss Arina off.
 
“Yes, here I am,” Arina replied, desperately fighting a losing battle to roll her eyes and bolt.
 
“Much to your displeasure, I see?” Touma hit the nail directly on the head.
 
“And here I thought I was being subtle,” Arina shot back, already well on her way across the room in search of her sister-in-law, Mika—the lesser of the two evils.
 
****
 
“Mister K, I hardly see the need for you to carry that thing around,” Sakano pointed out, indicating the firearm currently encased in K's shoulder holster. “Especially at Mister Seguchi's party,” he added, eyeing the gun cautiously lest it magically appear at his temple.
 
“Oh, you never know when you might need one,” K answered, pulling out the weapon in question and sighting down the barrel for kicks.
 
“Walther PPK,” Arina observed, looking at the American's gun with interest. “You didn't strike me as the James Bond type, Mister K. I suppose I was wrong to assume so quickly.” K laughed, a hearty sound Arina rather liked. He was glad at least someone had noticed the difference between it and the Smith & Wesson he usually carried.
 
“You must be the mysterious sister Touma has told us so much about,” K greeted warmly, extending his hand. Arina took the offered hand, shaking it firmly.
 
“Arina,” she returned, smiling.
 
“Pleased to meet you, Arina!” Ryuichi cried, bouncing over and grabbing Arina into a bear hug, Kumagorou coming along for the ride. Arina froze at the contact, sudden as it had been. K noticed the change, stilling for a moment as he pondered how to extricate the girl from Ryuichi's grip. Sakano still hadn't noticed, and K didn't want to make things worse by causing the producer to make a scene.
 
“Ryuichi!” Touma expelled rather more forcefully than was his custom, quickly stepping forward and breaking Ryuichi's death grip. “So glad you could make it, my friend!” he continued in a more normal tone. Touma took his former band mate into a hug, perfectly diverting the young man's attention from the girl. Arina breathed a quiet sigh of relief, a sigh echoed by K. Thankfully, Ryuichi ignored the uncharacteristic exertion of emotion on the part of his friend, focusing instead on yelling “Touma!!” loudly enough for Noriko to hear it from across the room where she was talking to Mika. The two women came over to join the quickly growing group of friends.
 
“Wait, Arina!” Mika called, detecting the younger girl's escape attempt and thwarting it in one fell swoop. Arina groaned, but turned her steps back toward her sister-in-law nonetheless.
 
“Hello, Mika,” Arina greeted, inclining her head in some semblance of a bow. Much as she would rather deal with her sister-in-law than her brother, Mika was by no means a person the girl usually sought out by choice. And dealing with both at once…torture.
 
“I see you have all met my younger sister, Arina,” Touma said, gesturing grandly in the direction of the girl to whom he referred. Mika placed a friendly hand on Arina's shoulder, bringing her firmly to rest in the exact center of the group.
 
It's going to be a long night, Arina groaned inwardly.
 
****
 
“Wasn't that fun, Arina?” Touma asked, his broad smile a bit more forced than usual now that the early hours of the morning were nearing.
 
“More fun than I can stand to have ever again, brother dear,” Arina replied, stifling a yawn. Her saccharine sweetness was reaching fever-pitch now that she had been forced to listen to Touma, Mika, and their friends regale her with stories about `such and such' and `this and that' for the entirety of the evening.
 
“Anyone else I have yet to have the displeasure of meeting?” Arina questioned, her back already turned to her brother as she made to ascend the stairs.
 
“Yes, actually,” Touma informed her. “You'll be meeting them at NG tomorrow.”
 
“Fantastic,” Arina muttered to herself, placing one foot resolutely in front of the other as she ascended the staircase to get back to the safety and comfort of a room where she could close and lock the door.
 
****
 
“I'm sorry.” Shuichi nearly fell from his precarious position on the corner of the sofa at hearing the odd pronouncement on the part of his lover. Shuichi saw the look on Yuki's face, and crossed the room to go to the blonde's side.
 
“I know,” Shuichi said, putting his hand on Yuki's forearm. “And I didn't mean to upset you last night. I just…” Shuichi sighed. “I just wanted to see your reaction when Missus Mika and Mister Seguchi weren't here. I didn't mean for it to make you mad.” Yuki grunted, and Shuichi felt like jumping out the big glass window his lover had leaned his forehead against the night before.
 
Instead, Shuichi settled for rising from his crouched position next to Yuki's chair and padding into the kitchen. The pink-haired singer randomly opened a few cupboards and jostled the contents of several drawers before finally deciding to venture back out into the living room. Much to his surprise, Yuki was no longer there.
 
Shuichi sighed. It was time he headed over to the recording studio anyway. Shuichi shuffled in the direction of the front door to get his shoes, only to find his way blocked by one very tall, golden-haired, award-nominated author.
 
Before Shuichi could protest, Yuki had pulled the young man to his chest and firmly covered the singer's mouth with his own. Shuichi's eyes widened as the kiss deepened, still surprised by his lover's quick emotional turnaround.
 
“I know,” Yuki informed him, breaking off the kiss but not shifting his body away from Shuichi's. “I know you didn't mean to piss me off. But when I heard you asking about marriage and children, I…I overreacted. I thought you were…unsatisfied with our current arrangement.” Yuki paused. Shuichi still didn't know what to make of his lover's uncharacteristic emotional displays, but wisely remained silent. Yuki still didn't speak, so Shuichi finally decided to take matters into his own hands.
 
“You are such an idiot,” Shuichi informed Yuki, possibly an unwise move considering the older man had his arms wrapped rather tightly around the singer's midsection. Yuki's mouth dropped into a perfect `oh' of surprise, but he said nothing. “I love you,” Shuichi continued, completely unabashed. “And nothing anyone says—not even you—can change that.”
 
Yuki kissed him again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Multiple and sincere apologies for the lack of updates. Pre-vacation, vacation, and post-vacation insanity temporarily took over my life—not to mention work stress etc. *rolls eyes* Anyway, updates should be coming much more regularly/frequently now that life is settling down. I'm working on Chapter 5 right now, so I'll post Ch. 3 relatively soon, k? Thanks to everyone reading this! Hope you're enjoying yourselves!