Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Charisma, Maybe ❯ Spliced and Diced ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Title: Spliced and Diced

Pairing: Shuichi/Suguru

Summary: Just some randomness involving Shuichi and Suguru at a club.

Sorry for the lack of updates. School and the holidays kind of ate up my time.

__________________________________________________________________ ___________________

Pulsing lights and music fill the air, and seem to be doing an excellent job keeping time with the pounding in my head. Yet, I continue to keep a smile on my face, even though I'm sweating like a pig in a roaster. Haven't these people ever heard of Air Conditioning? I'm complaining to the manager when I get a chance.

Unfortunately, Shindou interrupted my thoughts. "Fujisaki, aren't you going to have another drink?" He says this as he knocks back his third drink. One wouldn't think so, but when he wants to, Shindou can drink like a pro and knock them back one after another. As for me though, I can't even handle half a drink, let alone the whole glass I somehow finished off a few minutes ago.

"I'm good." Even as I say this, I feel myself burning up. The heat coming from the lack of air conditioning, the drink I had and a certain person's proximity to myself. I can hear Shindou saying something to the bartender and out of no where, another brain cell killing concoction is shoved in front of my face.

"Shindou-san, I don't need another-" I'm silenced by the all too friendly smack of his hand on my back.

"Come on Fujisaki, live a little! It won't hurt you to cut loose once and a while!" I'm about to tell him that I do relax on occasion, but that I don't need to resort to the stupidity of alcohol to do it. But, I made the mistake of making eye contact and saw the dare that lay there. Plus, lately it seemed to be getting harder and harder to say no to him.

"Fine, fine. Not that I see what the big deal is." I say this in as adult a tone as possible while slamming it back, just to show him I can take it like a man. And I instantly regret it as I struggle not to choke. My eyes are watering horribly, and my sinuses are strangely clear. "Shindou-san, what was that?" I manage to gasp, cursing him.

"Oh, they call that a head splicer or something. I forgot to ask what's in it, but they said it's a specialty here." He honestly looks clueless now and I'd be somewhere torn between blushing and trying to kill him if not for the fact that my head does indeed feel like it's been spliced. "Fujisaki, you okay?" I nod weakly, not wanting to look like a light weight.

"Just took me by surprise, that's all." I smile now, determined not to be treated like a child. Though, I'm not ready for when he stands up and grabs my hand.

"Hey, come on, let's dance!" I stare at him, more than a little shocked. Dance? As in together? The two of us? In public? He notices my hesitation and grins. "It's not like I'm asking you to marry me or anything."

I scoff, regaining my composure as I sit up. "Of course not. I knew that." As he leads me out onto the dance floor, amidst other club goers, I can't help but think the head splicing was messing with my sense of reality. I don't know why, maybe it's just the fact that I haven't run away by now. Maybe it's the fact that oh my god… Is he grinding against me?

Yes, I think he is. I look him in the eye and am surprised to see a rather saucy smirk, as if daring me to call him on it. Or maybe he's daring me to keep going. "What's the matter Fujisaki? Afraid to try the newest craze? Come on, it'll be fun." He grins ferally as he presses even harder against me. I gulp and I'm about to protest and say it's perverted when he pulls away from me still smiling. "I was just fooling. Stop being such a kid."

I twitch at the second insult to my intelligence, but say nothing as I stare back at him, feeling insulted. Then, I find myself moving through the crowds, trying to get out of there as fast as I can. I've almost made it to the door, when he grabs me by the wrist, having apparently run after me. "Let go of me now." I say it in a voice barely above a whisper, yet he refuses to do as I ask.

"What's with you lately? You're acting weird." I can see he's being serious now and also perhaps a little concerned, which only served to make my blood boil. How can he not know what he's doing?

I finally extract my hand from Shindou's grip and also manage to regain a bit of composure. "Don't play dumb with me Shindou-san, you know exactly what my problem is." Seeing his confused look, which isn't terribly different from his normal state by the way, I decided to leave and hurried out of the club. He didn't seem to be following me, but after a few seconds I heard him call my name.

Against my better judgment, I turned around and saw him still by the entrance of the club, waving. "Get some rest Fujisaki! I'm sure whatever it is I did it's nothing a little sleep can't cure. Bye-Bye!" I storm off, feeling aggravated by the stupid smile on his face. No, I don't love him! I don't! I hate him! That has to be it! At least I sure hope so. Either way, I know I'm going to have a splitting headache in the morning.

_______________________________________________________________ ______________________

To Be Continued…

Suguru finally admits his feelings for Shuichi, now what? And how to keep said feelings hidden from the pink haired baka?