Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Charisma, Maybe ❯ Paranoia and it’s Lack of Timing ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Title: Paranoia and it’s Lack of Timing

Pairing: ShuichixSuguru, one-sided.

_____________________________________________________________ ______________________

When I woke up that morning, I was subjected to a splitting headache along with a few annoying revelations. Denial wasn’t getting me any where, so it was time to accept a few facts.

One, I was obviously in love with Shuichi Shindou. Either that, or very, very attracted to him. Secondly, this was interfering with my work and would quite possibly do so in the future. So there was only one option: bury it as deeply as humanly possible.

That couldn’t be too hard, right? I mean, just look at Shuichi… Okay, maybe to put it gently, I’m screwed.

_______________________________________________________________ ______________________

I walk into work, feeling as if I’m about to start sweating bullets. I’m praying to every god I have ever known that nobody will notice. Because, I know that if I’m confronted, I might blurt out everything. And I mean EVERYTHING.

As I begin to work on my latest composition, I begin to realize, that things are too silent, and it’s not just because I’m being paranoid. Sakano’s not here after all, and that is always a sign that something is up. I slowly trudge towards the schedule pinned to the wall and look at it, noticing that it says we’re supposed to be having a day off today.

I resist the urge to stab something with my pen. How could I have forgotten? Wait, that’s right, I’ve been too busy angsting over a certain cotton-candy colored moron to remember something as trivial as a day off.

Wait. Maybe I should be glad that I don’t have to see him today. Suddenly, the day is seeming much brighter.

______________________________________________________________ _______________________

Okay, the day turned out to be a little over cast, but it’s still better than being stuck in the studio all day. And this vanilla ice cream cone tastes pretty good. I’ve been spending the last few hours window shopping and grabbing various snacks from different vendors. Like any normal kid who is not in a famous band, only I’m wearing a hat and a pair of glasses.

I stop at the window to a music store and look at the keyboard displayed there, but before I can start planning on how to add it to my collection, I hear a terrifyingly familiar giggle. I turn around and see Shuichi walking down the street with someone else. I duck into a nearby alley and press myself up against the wall.

As they walk by, I can see that the person accompanying him is a girl, about my age, who looks a lot like him. As they walk past, I catch her name. Maiko or something?

After they’re gone, I walk out of the alley, making a note of the name. Is that his sister or cousin? Damn, I sure hope so. It’s strange, because I’m irrationally scared now. What if it’s a girlfriend? I mean, it’s said that some people look like their pets, so couldn’t that work for lovers too?

I shudder, feeling more paranoid now. I hadn’t thought about the fact that he might actual start dating people again. Let alone girls. Damn, I need to get home and call Hiro and ask if Shuichi has a sister or something. Stupid, bad, rotten day off!

___________________________________________________________________ __________________

To Be Continued…

That went a little differently than I thought. I was expecting to torture Suggy by having him be around Shuichi all day. But, this just came out instead.

Oh, and as for those who would like me to be writing longer chapters, I’m sorry! It’s hard for me to do and while I’ll admit that it probably hurts my other fics to not write as much, it seems to work better doing it in shorter bits when it’s a first person fic.