Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Charisma, Maybe ❯ Clarity, Sort of ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter: Clarity, of sorts

Pairings: Shuichi/Suguru

_________________________________________________________ _______________

Chapter 7

 

Turns out that Shuichi does have a sister named Maiko and they were indeed supposed to be hanging out yesterday. I sigh in relief and hang up on Hiro just as he is asking me why I wanted to know about that. I then choose not to think about it for the rest of the day, which is easy since I’m so relieved. So stupidly relieved.

I whistle to myself, no longer upset over the realization that I have this little crush. Yes, I have it bad, so very bad. But, a crush is a crush is a crush, right? Why deny it or try to call it what it isn‘t? I just have to wait until it passes, which shouldn’t be long.

I shiver as I wrap my arms around myself. The apartment is drafty at night, even if it is well-maintained. I retrieve a sweater from the dresser and start to put it on, when I hear knocking. I stumble towards the door, tangled up in the sweater. “I’m coming,” I shout as I finally reach the door, getting even more tangled up then before.

I manage to open the door knob with one hand, only I somehow end up falling backwards on my rear end. “Greetings. I’m sorry if I seem a mess…” I looked up as I finally got the sweater over my head and nearly chocked. Shuichi Shindou, right in front of me, with a really weird look on his face.

“Are you a man or a turtle, Fujisaki-kun?” Shuichi looked down on him, left side of his face twitching ever so slightly. I scoot away from the door still staring at him, as he entered.

“H-hello Shindou-san.” I’m blushing and still sitting on the floor, not focused enough to guard my expressions any better. “Why are you here?”

He’s still looking down on me, now a little annoyed it seems. “I want to know why you were asking about my sister.”

I stare at him gaping, trying to figure out how to explain this. It’s not like I can say that I saw you with her yesterday and got incredibly jealous. The only solution seems to be to just stare at him like I’m completely clueless. Which I do, while blinking my eyes, which I’m hoping look as huge and innocent as I’ve been told they do.

“Listen, I know my sister is cute, in fact, I’d wager to say she’s almost as cute as me.” At that arrogant remark, he smiled to himself. “But!” And at this he jabbed a finger in front of my face, now serious again. “She is not interested in some little squirt like you. She already has a boyfriend, and even if she didn’t, she doesn’t have time for some annoying, little dork in a band. Got it?”

Now I’m blinking even more, trying to get this straight. He thinks I’m after his sister, who he claims he’s cuter then. And he thinks I’m not good enough for her. I sit there, now simmering, trying to decide which fact aggravates me more. I finally decide it’s the fact that he’s still hasn’t realized that I’m crushing on him.

He’s now looking down at me, obviously miffed that I haven’t responded to his little tirade. “Fujisaki-kun? Have you been listening to me? Why are you being such a freak lately?” Me? A freak? That’s what he thinks? Guess it’s time to cure him of his delusions. Well, a few of them at least.

“Oh, have I really been acting that weird, Shindou-san?” I grinned coyly as I stood up. He nods, wordless. I decide to press the advantage and drap my arms around his shoulders. “Do I have to spell out the reason for you?” He looks at where my arms are and how close my face is and nods some more.

Stupid, stupid Shuichi. I kiss him, chastely, because I’m afraid that if I do anything more adventurous, my inexperience will show. I pull away and look him in the eye. He stares back at me, now a little flushed. “So, you’re not after my sister?”

_________________________________________________________ _______________

To be continued…

Yes, a cliffy! Bwahahahaha!