Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ False Reality? ❯ Real World ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I would have updated sooner but the computer with all my fics got virus which prevented me from sending it to my beta-reader. So after I got that problem solved it was just a matter of time before I posted it.

Scuro: Wow, it wasn't your laziness this time…

Remember I'm only being nice to you because you really helped with the chapter.

Rai: If you needed help then you could've asked me!

I'm sure I could… though even with the help the chapter wasn't as long as I had wanted…

Responding to the Reviewers:

Darklore Wings: Thanks for the compliment! But, I can't give you a guide… it's all part of the mystery!

Mercury Dream: You reviewed too? I'm honoured! And don't worry… you're supposed to be in the dark! Just a little comment… you know I had to look up what reiterate meant in the dictionary… *blush*

Reiannah: Don't worry it will all become clear in the end *nods*… in the end. Thanks for reviewing!

clari chan: Thank you! As for your guess… well, I'm not saying your write and I'm not saying your wrong… Anyway, so you're confused too? Join 'Luce's Confused Reader Club!'

A/N:About the who's who problem, I think the hardest to figure out would have to be either Trust, Angst or Insanity because I took their characters and stuck them with whatever was left… anyway the mystery just adds to the fun (frustration)! Besides once you see the actual characters in motion it will all be clear. Also, about the songs they are the opening and ending songs for Houshin Engi or Soul Hunter. None of the songs that will come in this fic will belong to me only because I couldn't write a song to save my life much less one in Japanese. Most of the songs will be Op. of Ed. so maybe you'll recognize them. I might have like one character song… either way. I'm not the type of person who puts a song in chapters but it might occur, though I will always have the song(s) written (along with the translations) when I finish the chapter just in case you're curious and want to read them.

Disclaimer: I don't own Gravitation or the songs Will and Friends. They belong to Yonekura Chihiro.

False Reality?

Chapter Two: Real World

"Ryuichi? Ryuichi, are you listening to me?" A sigh. "Ryuichi… Ryuichi!" A groan. "Noriko a little bit of help here please?"

It was a foggy April morning and Sakuma Ryuichi was not cooperating. Not only had he refuse to come to work the day before, (claiming that it was some American holiday called… 'Easter Monday'?) He was now blatantly ignoring Tohma with the rest of his responsibilities, not that he had many. Instead he sat there, Kumagorou on his head, feet on the table, engrossed in some manga he had bought the previous day.

Noriko cocked her head to the side, "Ne, Ryuichi, what is it you're so interested in?"

Ryuichi's head snapped up as he turned to Noriko, a grin on his face, "Fushigi Yuugi!*"

"What's it about?" Noriko, asked moving closer to get a better look at the manga.

"It's about a girl who gets transported to another world where she had to find seven people, the Suzaku Seishi, and make a wish to save the world from her best friend, it's really cool!" Ryuichi answered, pointing at random pictures.

"Ooooh! Can I borrow it for a while? Please Ryuichi?" Noriko begged looking at Ryuichi with teary eyes.

"Not this one…" Ryuichi pouted, "You have to read the ones that come before this first… then you'll have a better idea to what's going on."

"Ryuichi…? Noriko…?"

"Who's the coolest character?"

"TASUKI**!!! But, I like Chichiri too, no da!"

Tohma sighed for what felt to be hundredth time, "Ryuichi you can talk to Noriko about the manga whenever you want, but right now it's time for work. We did your little project with Bad Luck, now it's time to do what I want us to do."

Ryuichi smiled remembering the last few weeks. They'd been working on a CD with Bad Luck, called Nittle Luck, though some people had decided to call it Little Luck, not that it mattered. It was a big hit! It was almost as big as Nittle Grasper's biggest hits. Oh, but was it hard to convince Tohma to do it, it took a lot of persuading from Noriko, K and himself to finally convince him. He didn't know why Tohma was against the idea; it had been a lot of fun working with Bad Luck…

"He said okay, na no da!" Ryuichi exclaimed to Bad Luck when he, Noriko and K came out of Tohma's office.

"He did!?" Shuichi asked, running over to Ryuichi.

"Of course he did! To-chan may put up a front but he's just a big sap inside! …I think…" Ryuichi replied putting a finger to his lips in afterthought.

Hiro sighed, wondering if it was really a good idea, before looking up K, "So when do we start?"

"As soon as possible," K answered, putting on his glasses and smirking, "If we're lucky this will the biggest hit in music history."

"But, we can't start now! I'm still tired from arguing with Tohma!" Noriko whined as she rested against Ryuichi, slightly.

"But it's only 5 o'clock" K stated looking at everyone in the room blankly.

"What if I stay and Shu-chan's house tonight and we have two songs for tomorrow? Then can we go home early? Onegai~~!" Ryuichi pleaded tugging on K's shirt.

"Alright, but those songs had better get done! Or else…" K agreed, twitching ever so slightly.

"Yay, K-san's so cool!" Ryuichi replied while glomping said manger.

"Sakuma-san, are you really staying for the night? Even if we finish the song early?" Shuichi asked.

Ryuichi turned around (having let go of K) with a big grin, "Of course, na no da!"

"SUGOI!!!"

With everything said and done, and a couple of threats from K, Shuichi and Ryuichi were on their way to the latter's house. Upon reaching the apartment, the two vocalists rushed in grabbed some clothes, papers and crayons. With everything they needed in hand the duo ran back to the taxi and made their way to Shuichi and Yuki's apartment.

"Alright Sakuma-san, we're going to have to work really hard if we don't want to be shot down by Mr. K," Shuichi told Ryuichi as he opened the door.

Ryuichi nodded his head vigorously, "All work, no play!"

Shuichi nodded in response before facing forward, "YUKI, I'M HOME!"

After receiving no response Ryuichi turned to Shuichi, confused, "Is Yuki-san home?"

"He is, he's probably busy."

Busy indeed, Yuki Eiri sat in front of his computer typing up the first few pages of his latest novel, pausing every few minutes to wonder what to write next and deleting the last two sentences approximately fifteen minutes later. Needless to say he wasn't getting very much done. Considering he was severely lacking inspiration and interest in the subject he was quite amazed at what he managed to write so far.

Though, despite the fact that he wasn't enjoying himself as much as he should be, it didn't mean that he was entirely happy the Shuichi was home early. This made him wonder why, exactly, his lover was home so soon, well he wasn't that early but he knew that the blond with the guns wouldn't let him off a second early. That, of course, could mean that Shuichi was fired (could they do that?), and Eiri wasn't sure whether that was a good thing or not.

If the pink haired boy was indeed fired then he would be home all the time, if not then he would have to put up with more of the songs Shuichi sang. Either way things would end up horribly. But, if Shuichi was indeed fired, Eiri had no doubt that the singer would come crying to him, which he wasn't doing. All in all, Eiri just decided to get up and ask the boy himself.

Deciding he'd confront Shuichi on his way to the kitchen Eiri left the confines of his room. As he walked down the hall he noticed not one but two pairs of shoes by the door, which meant Shuichi had brought a friend over. Sighing, he put his mug in the sink and left the kitchen, he hoped that Shuichi hadn't brought home some nut.

Bent on finishing at least one (half of a) chapter before the day ended Eiri made his way back to his study. Just when he got to the door Eiri heard a thump and what sounded like an 'okay!' (exclamation mark included) coming from the guest room***. Raising an eyebrow Eiri walked over to the room and opened the door.

Ryuichi jumped a good ten feet into the air when he heard an irritated "Who are you?" come from behind him.

Whirling around to face the intruder he countered with, "Who are you, na no da?"

Eiri scowled, obviously not finding the older man amusing. Ryuichi blinked before mimicking and scowling too, well as much as he could scowl.

"Yuki, this is Sakuma Ryuichi, you know the one from Nittle Grasper, Seguchi-san's friend?" Shuichi said somewhat nervously, sighing in relief when the scowl was replaced by a frown and the writer nodded curtly.

"Now that I know who he is, you mind telling me why he's here?" the blond asked.

Sighing slightly, Shuichi took a breath and began explaining the morning's events, pausing occasionally so Ryuichi could add his input.

Eiri's expression didn't change in the least as he processed all the information given to him. He soon turned to Shuichi looking him in the eye. "I don't want him here."

"Yuuuuki! Onegai? Please, it's just for one night!" Shuichi begged clinging to Eiri's waist.

"If we don't have two songs done for tomorrow K-san's going to shoot us! So, we'll tell him that we were going to but the only thing that was standing between us and completion was…" Ryuichi whirled around and pointed an accusing finger at Eiri, "You!"

"Augh, fine just be quiet! I don't want to hear any giggling or singing. Am I understood?" Eiri asked looking at the two of them wondering if he was going to regret his decision later on.

"Hai~~~ Yuki(-san)!"

And with one last sigh Eiri left the room.

Eiri stood in his kitchen eight hours later, drying his ninth cup of coffee tiredly. He had given up on writing his novel, saving it for another day; he was now just waiting until the two idiots fell asleep, only then could he rest easy.

"You sure drink a lot of coffee."

Eiri resisted the urge to jump up and spin around; however he was completely unprepared so he dropped the mug in shock as his body jerked slightly in surprise. Turning around slowly, Eiri saw Ryuichi leaning against the wall looking at him with a content smirk on his face. Apparently he was getting back at him for scaring him earlier.

"You're gonna have to go to the bathroom a lot later," Ryuichi continued, moving away from the wall and towards the fridge.

"Shuichi…?"

"Is asleep in the guest room," Ryuichi finished taking out a carton of milk.

Eiri didn't want to ask but he did anyway, "And Kumagorou?"

Ryuichi almost spit out his freshly poured milk at the question but stopped himself, "He's sleeping with Shu-chan. Shu-chan was really tired after all the work we did so I guess its okay," Ryuichi before smiling mischievously, "If Shu-chan gets to sleep with Kumagorou then I get to sleep with you, ne?"

Eiri snorted at the idea, but soon smirked, "As long as you're not wearing any clothes, its okay with me."

Ryuichi's eyes widened as a blush crept its way onto his cheeks, "I was just kidding, na no da! I'll just sleep on the couch!"

Eiri shrugged, "If you say so but, the invitation is always open."

Ryuichi put away the carton and glass and walked out of the kitchen, but not before sticking his tongue out at Yuki.

Yuki raised an eyebrow at the gesture but did nothing. He couldn't even begin to understand what went through the heads of some of Shuichi's oddball friends. And of course Shuichi had to idolize the oddest of them all; it was just like the pink haired boy to do something like that.

But then again, Shuichi might not realize that carrying a pink rabbit toy around at the age of thirty-one was weird. Not that it mattered to him what Shuichi thought of the older man, he just wondered how someone could be so oblivious to the world. Of course one would have to appreciate certain things in life to write half-decent songs, and everyone seemed to adore the songs that the two singers wrote.

Perhaps there was more to Sakuma Ryuichi than he had first thought. He was pretty sure he knew how Shuichi worked and where he got his songs from, but Sakuma? He'd heard about how the Rock God had personality shifts but did that have anything to do with how he felt inside? Or maybe they weren't shifts; he believed that even the most childish of people were serious when they had to be.

Eiri shook his head to clear his thoughts. Damn, that man was more confusing than anyone Eiri had met, with the exception of Tohma. Possibly that's why the man was so different, because he could understand Tohma's inner workings. Eiri smirked; anyone who could handle Tohma like Sakuma did must be slightly off their rocker.

And with that Yuki Eiri retired to bed.

The next mourning Ryuichi woke up early and got bored, there was nothing on TV and he had no more paper to draw on. Luckily fifteen minutes after he was officially bored Shuichi walked into the living room. And began to babble on about how he was sorry that he made Ryuichi sleep on the couch.

"It's really okay Shu-chan, I didn't mind and besides the couch is really comfy anyway," Ryuichi told Shuichi.

Shuichi was about to apologize, again, when another voice interrupted him, "Shuichi shut up! The man obviously doesn't care and now you're just bothering him, along with me."

Shuichi pouted, "But Yuki…"

"Konnichiwa~ Eiri-chan~~!" Ryuichi greeted cutely while waving at Eiri, completely forgetting he was 'mad' at the blond.

Eiri twitched slightly at the use of his first name but nodded his greeting nonetheless.

Shuichi on the other hand looked from Ryuichi to Yuki in disbelief. He had wanted the two to get along but… he didn't like this!

"Eiri-chan…?"

"It's nothing Shuichi, and don't you start calling me that either. Now, I am going back into my room and when I come out I want you both gone," Eiri gave them one last look before leaving.

Shuichi wordlessly walked over to his idol and sat down, "Ne Sakuma-san, when did you and Yuki become friends?"

"Last night!" Ryuichi chirped.

Shuichi paled, "And what did you do?"

"We talked about how drinking so much coffee before going to sleep was bad!" was Ryuichi's confident reply.

Shuichi blinked, was that how Sakuma-san made friends? How did he know Yuki's first name anyway? He couldn't recall them ever 'meeting' before. Shuichi shrugged, he was pretty sure he had nothing to worry about. Seguchi-san probably told him Yuki's first name. But there was one question Shuichi just couldn't get out of his head, why did Yuki let Sakuma-san call him by his first and not him?

"Shu-chan I think Eiri-chan is going to come out soon so I'll just talk to Kumagorou while you change and then we can leave, okay?" Shuichi nodded handing Ryuichi Kumagorou, who he forgotten he was holding, and walked over to the guest room to change.

"These are fantastic!" Hiro praised as he read over the lyrics the two boys had brought in.

"It really shows how well you two can work together, it's the perfect combination!" K said patting Ryuichi and Shuichi on the back.

"Yume no kuni wo sagasu kimi no na wo…" Tohma murmured as he began to read the song that Noriko handed to him.

"If they can work so well together than so can we, right Suguru?" Noriko said draping an arm over the other pianist's shoulders.

Suguru blushed slightly before looking determined, "Of course we can! Nittle Grasper and Bad Luck are the best there are!"

"Together we're going to shine so brightly that all the stars in the night sky won't compare to us!" Ryuichi cried, sticking his hand out, "Nittle Luck!"

Soon his hand was joined by everyone else's, "NITTLE LUCK!"

"We only have one problem, two vocalists are okay but do we really need three pianists?" Tohma announced as they began to work on the music that would correspond with the words.

"Tohma…" Noriko began but she knew he was right.

"He's right, we don't need three pianists so Suguru and Noriko will play while Tohma helps me and Sakano, Kami-sama knows we'll need it," K said.

"Shu-chan if we want to write really good songs together then we're gonna have to be around each other right?" Ryuichi asked as he Shuichi looked over the words to their newest songs, 'Will' and 'Friends'.

"Right," Shuichi replied wondering what exactly the older of the two was getting at.

"Then I should come and stay at your house! For a really long time na no da!" Ryuichi exclaimed.

Shuichi's eyes lit up at the prospect of his idol living with him, "Yeah… that would be great."

Ryuichi nodded, "So when we get off we'll go to my house pick up some clothes and… Nero too!"

Shuichi cocked his head to the side, brows furrowing in confusion, "whose Nero Sakuma-san?"

"Nero is my pet mink!"

"What's a mink?"

"It's kind of like a small weasel."

"Oh."

"YUKI, I'M HOME!" Yuki came out of the kitchen with a cigarette in his mouth, looking more irritated than usual and Shuichi running to give him a hug wasn't helping any.

"Why is he here again?" was the only thing Eiri said.

"He's staying here until we have all the lyrics for the CD done!" Shuichi chirped enthusiastically, though inside he was worried.

"No."

"Yuki, you have to let him stay! It's not like we're going to bother you! In fact… Sakuma-san will keep me occupied so I won't bother you…" Shuichi said saying the last part more quietly.

Eiri's eyes softened at the last part of the sentence as he sighed in defeat, "Alright, but if he gets too irritating he's gone."

"Sankyuu~!"

"Eiri-chan you smoke? Did you get that habit from To-chan?" Ryuichi asked oblivious to the conversation that had just taken place.

"No… I didn't," Eiri hadn't even known Tohma smoked. Damn bastard is always telling me to stop.

Before he knew it Ryuichi was standing in front of him inches away from his face, determination shining in his eyes. Eiri stood very still, curious as to what the other man was doing.

Cautiously Ryuichi lifted a hand and removed the cigarette from between Eiri's lips before moving a safe distance away.

"It's bad to smoke na no do! Very bad for your health!" Ryuichi said holding the cigarette carefully.

Shuichi blinked, looking at Yuki for his reaction but Ryuichi let out a little yelp first. Shuichi turned around at breakneck speed to make sure his idol wasn't in any kind of pain. Apparently the cigarette had fallen through Ryuichi slender fingers and burnt his hand.

"Sakuma-san daijoubu?" Shuichi asked, looking at Ryuichi's hand.

"Ah, hai, I'm fine," Ryuichi said sheepishly. "Come on, lets get some cold water onto that," Shuichi said as the two walked to the kitchen.

Eiri, still standing where he had first watched the two leave, looked at the mink before cursing, taking out another cigarette and lighting it.

* Fushigi Yuugi excellent manga it belongs to Yuu Watase.

** This of course is only my opinion; it's not like its official or anything…

*** I have no idea how many rooms Eiri's apartment has or if Shuichi has is own room.

Songs:

Will

By Yonekura Chihiro

Yume no kuni wo sagasu kimi no na wo,

(Your name is searching for the land of your dreams,)

Dare mo ga kokoro ni kizamu made,

(Until someone engraves it in their heart,)

Kanashimi norikoeta hohoemi ni.

(For sadness won't surpass the smile I'll have.)

Kimi wo shinjite ii desu ka?

(Can I believe in you?)

Owari ga nakute mitsukerarenakutte,

(No end could be found,)

Mayottari shita keredo,

(Though I'm still wandering inside,)

Kizutsuita koto ushinatta mono.

(Wounded, and lost.)

Itsuka wa kagayaki ni kaete...

(Someday I'll change into something shining...)

Koukai ni kesshite makenai tsubasa ga kitto aru kara.

(Because I'm sure the wings that do not yield to is here.)

Kimi to nara doko demo ikeru ki ga suru.

(I feel like I'm going everywhere with you.)

Yume no kuni wo sagasu kimi no na wo,

(Your name is searching for the land of your dreams,)

Dare mo ga kokoro ni kizamu made,

(Until someone engraves it in their heart,)

Kanashimi norikoeta hohoemi ni.

(For sadness won't surpass the smile I'll have.)

Kimi wo shinjite ii desu ka?

(Can I believe in you?)

Hitoribocchi ja ikite yukenai tte,

(You told me back then,)

Ano toki oshiete kureta.

(I can't survive alone.)

Chikaku ni atte mo kikazu ni ita,

(The most important thing are,)

Hontou ni taisetsu na koto.

(The things right beside us.)

Kono sora no hate ni nani ga matte ite mo kitto daijoubu,

(Whatever we wait for in the sky's limit, I'm sure it's all right,)

Sono hitomi ni utsuru mirai kanjiteru kara.

(Because I feel the future is reflected in your eyes.)

Yume no kuni wo sagasu kimi no na wo,

(Your name is searching for the land of your dreams,)

Dare mo ga kokoro ni kizamu made,

(Until someone engraves it in their heart,)

Guuzen ja nai unmei no naka de.

(It's no coincidence in destiny.)

Kimi no kiseki wo shinjiteru.

(I believe in your miracles.)

Yume no rakuen wo sagashinagara,

(I want to stare at you as you run,)

Hashiru kimi wo mitsumeteitai,

(Looking for the paradise of your dreams.)

Hokoritakaku kegare wo shiranai.

(Dishonour is not known with pride.)

Kimi wo shinjite ii desu ka?

(Can I believe in you?)

Yume no kuni wo sagasu kimi no na wo,

(Your name is searching for the land of your dreams,)

Dare mo ga kokoro ni kizamu made,

(Until someone engraves it in their heart,)

Kanashimi norikoeta hohoemi ni.

(For sadness won't surpass the smile I'll have.)

Kimi wo shinjite ii desu ka?

(Can I believe in you?)

Yume no rakuen wo sagashinagara,

(I want to stare at you as you run,)

Hashiru kimi wo mitsumeteitai.

(Looking for the paradise of your dreams.)

Hokoritakaku kegare wo shiranai.

(Dishonour is not known with pride.)

Kimi wo shinjite ii desu ka?

(Can I believe in you?)

Friends

By Yonekura Chihiro

Zutto sagashiteita onaji hitomi,

(I've been looking for the same glance,)

Onaji yume wo daiiteiru my friends.

(Embracing the same dream - my friends.)

Kinou made no namida kyou kara no egao,

(The tears up to yesterday, the smile beginning from today,)

Sonosubete wo uketometai

(I want to accept it all.)

Asa no ame mo yoru no nagai yami mo mou.

(No matter if it's rain in the morning or a long night.)

Nanimo kowagaranaide.

(Do not be afraid anymore.)

Boku wa kono sora no youni,

(I will be like this sky,)

Kimo wo tsuyoku mamoru tsubasa ni natte,

(Become the strong wings that protect you,)

Harukana jikan wo tobikoe ima hajimaru,

(Fly pass time in the distance,)

Mirai kimi ni ageruyo,

(To give you the future that begins today,)

Kaze ni nukai daichi wo fumishimete,

(Tracing the ground walking toward the wind,)

Kimi to itsumademo ikiyou.

(I will live with you no matter when.)

Sono te no nurumori de fureru sekai,

(With the warmth of that hand, touch the world,)

Yasashii hikarini michiteyuku.

(A gentle light emanates.)

Kimi ga sobaniiruto soredakede,

(If you are beside me,)

Boku wa dare yori tsuyokunarerunda

(With just that I can become stronger than anyone.)

Meguri aeta kono chiisana kiseki,

(With the miracle of this encounter,)

Itsu no hi ga rekishi ni kaete.

(Someday it will change history.)

Boku wa kono umi no youni,

(I will be like this ocean,)

Kimi no itami kanashimi iyaseruyouni,

(To heal your pain and sadness,)

Harukana namima wo tadayou tooi miwari,

(I will become a bright light,)

Terasu akari ni naruyo,

(To illuminate the far future that is floating amidst,)

Nagai tabi ga owari wo tsugerumade,

(The waves until the end of this long journey,)

Kimi to eien wo ikiyou

(I will be with you forever.)

Boku wa kono sora no youni,

(I will be like this sky,)

Kimo wo tsuyoku mamoru tsubasa ni natte,

(Become the strong wings that protect you,)

Harukana jikan wo tobikoe ima hajimaru,

(Fly pass time in the distance,)

Mirai kimi ni ageruyo,

(To give you the future that begins today,)

Kaze ni nukai daichi wo fumishimete,

(Tracing the ground walking toward the wind,)

Kimi to itsumademo ikiyou.

(I will live with you no matter when.)

Kimi to eien wo ikiyou

(I will be with you forever.)

Lyric provided by Animelyrics.com and Houshin No Mikos' Houshin Engi. You better appreciate these! I worked my tail off to get it into the proper format then get rid of all the mistakes and missing things! It took me like an hour to get it right!