Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Fleeting Inspiration ❯ The Great Indoors ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fleeting Inspiration
by Anna Sartin

. . .

Chapter Six: The Great Indoors

.

Shuichi was released from the hospital the next day under doctor's orders to get at least a full day's rest and then take it easy for the rest of the week. Eiri took the doctor's instructions both seriously and literally, refusing to let Shuichi get out of bed. "Yuki, I'm fine," Shuichi insisted in the morning, but Eiri was resolute. He ordered room service at the beginning of the day to deliver all three of their meals.

"We'll go out tomorrow," the writer promised. "But only if you stop complaining."

Shuichi tried to make the best of his enforced confinement and began working on the two remaining songs he needed to finish. Eiri left to go buy the morning paper, and when he came back he found Shuichi sulking in bed with a blank tablet of paper.

"You can't write?" he asked, after Shuichi had told him his dilemma.

"No! Every time I try to work on my lyrics I just keep hearing that awful girl's voice butchering our song!"

The writer could definitely relate. "Have you tried listening to a different song?" he asked. "Maybe that will get it out of your head."

Shuichi shook his head. "I can't find my radio."

Eiri cursed inwardly. He'd never retrieved it after Shuichi dropped it by the side of the pool yesterday. "We'll get you another one when we get back," he promised. With everything that had happened he'd never given the device a second thought.

Shuichi buried his face in his pillow. "I don't know what to do, I have to have these songs finished by the end of the month or K will shoot me! I promised him that I'd get them done on time if he'd let me go on vacation, but I can't think of anything. Nothing helps, not even cuddling Tatsuha!"

Eiri twitched. Cuddling TATSUHA? He glared at his lover suspiciously. "Since when do you get inspired by cuddling with my brother?"

"Not THAT Tatsuha," Shuichi said, holding up the pillow he'd been squeezing against his chest. "THIS Tatsuha!"

"You named your pillow after my brother?" Eiri asked, his eyes narrowing dangerously.

"No, Sakuma-san did. He carried it around the apartment for over an hour yesterday and then cried when I wouldn't let him take it home."

"You should have," Eiri grumbled. He hated to admit to being jealous over something so moronic, but he did NOT want his lover having a pillow named after his brother.

"But it's my favorite pillow, Yuki! I can't sleep without it," Shuichi responded, hugging it tightly to his chest. "I've had it ever since I was a little kid..."

"It's old, flat, and you spend most the night sleeping on me, not the pillow."

"Not when you make me sleep on the couch..."

The singer's eyes held just a hint of sadness, causing Eiri's heart to ache as he remembered the terror that seized him yesterday after pulling his unconscious mate from the water. The thought of those violet eyes never opening again had shaken him to the core.

"If I promise to never make you sleep on the couch again, will you buy a new pillow?"

Shuichi's eyes widened. "Really?"

The blonde nodded.

The singer's face lit up, and he latched onto Eiri happily. "Deal!!!"

Eiri stared blankly into space, letting himself be hugged. He'd never expected to be in a monogamous relationship, ever, in his lifetime; so how had he gone from needing nothing and no one to needing this hyper, overly cute idiot of a popstar... and to the point of being jealous of a pillow, no less?! He just couldn't figure it out. Finally he gave up contemplating and wrapped his arms around his lover, returning his embrace.

"Shuichi?"

Shuichi's ears perked up, taking notice of the rare use of his name. "Hm?"

The writer took a deep breath and rested his chin on the top of the singer's pink head. "I'm never going to be able to get rid of you, am I?"

"Never!" Shuichi declared fiercely, tightening his grip on his grumpy blonde boyfriend. "Like it or not, I'm here to stay!"

Eiri smiled slightly and closed his eyes. "Good."

Shuichi felt his heart melt at his love's indirect way of telling him that he was wanted, loved. God, how he loved this man... "Yuki?"

"What?"

"Do I really have to stay in bed ALL day?"

"Yes."

"With you?" Shuichi asked, sliding his hands inside his lover's shirt and feeling the soft, smooth skin underneath.

"Unless there's someone ELSE you'd rather spend the day in bed with," the blonde answered with a feral grin, pushing the younger man back onto the pillows. Shuichi pulled Eiri down with him and began unbuttoning his shirt as the writer's lips captured his own.

Suddenly spending the whole day in bed didn't sound so bad after all.

. . .

In return for always getting to top in bed, Eiri rewarded his submissive lover with mind-blowing blow jobs. No one could make Shuichi moan, beg, and scream the way he did, and he took great pleasure in trying to coax every sound imaginable from the vocalist's diaphragm. This time was no different, the singer's cries had echoed off the walls as Eiri's hands and mouth brought him to climax. Unfortunately by the time Eiri had released the boy's manhood and crawled on top of him to satisfy his own aching need, he found that his boyfriend had passed out, completely dead to the world.

Which left a certain author feeling frustrated and crabby. He sat smoking on the edge of the bed, frustrated beyond belief. He just couldn't believe the damn brat had fallen asleep! He knew it probably wasn't the kid's fault; with everything that had happened yesterday his body was probably still too weak to handle too much at once.

I wonder if sex was included in the "strenuous activity" the doctor told him to avoid...

He glanced back at his naked lover, who was slumbering peacefully under the sheets.

Nah.

There was no way in hell he was going to leave Shuichi alone. Both his mind and his body wanted to take him over and over again; to lose himself inside his lover and assure himself that the person he loved was here, safe, alive.

I'll just be more gentle when he wakes up. He likes it when I'm gentle, anyway.

In the meantime, he needed someone or something to take his anger and frustration out on. He decided to call Tohma and find out what was going on with this new music group "rearranging" Shining Collection. Forget waiting until he got home, the more he thought about it the more he wanted answers. He grabbed his cell phone off the nightstand and dialed his brother-in-law's number.

"Seguchi speaking."

"Who the hell gave Whispering Phantom permission to sing Shining Collection?"

"Eiri-san, I believe it's customary to announce yourself before yelling at someone over the phone," Tohma's voice answered reproachfully on the other end. "You should begin a telephone conversation more politely."

"Just answer the damn question!"

"I gave them permission to create their own version of Shining Collection for their debut album. They just signed on with N-G and-"

"Have you heard them sing?!!" Eiri shouted into the receiver.

"No, I don't produce their band, but I figured you would approve since Whispering Phantom's lead singer is the granddaughter of that author you're so fond of. She's also a huge fan of your..."

Eiri never heard the end of Tohma's sentence. In a state of rage he threw the cell phone out the window, where it plummeted twenty-seven floors below and hit a passing monk on his bald head. The said monk looked up, wondering if this strange occurrence was some sort of divine message. Didn't objects falling from the sky usually mean something to that affect? That's right, it must be a sign! Pocketing the phone he hurried on, filled with a renewed sense of purpose.

Meanwhile twenty-seven stories above, Eiri was cursing his lack of restraint. Damn it, now he was going to have to buy another cell phone!

"Yuki?" a sleepy Shuichi called out to him from the bed, awakened by the sound of his shouting.

Eiri sighed. He really needed to learn to control his temper. He threw his cigarette out the window and returned to the singer's side, determined to finish what they'd started before he passed out again. Then maybe he'd give him a hand with those lyrics, just this once... He did NOT want that crazy American shooting holes in his walls again.

.

~End chapter six~