Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Fleeting Inspiration ❯ Shuichi's Plans for the Weekend ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fleeting Inspiration
by Anna Sartin

. . .

Chapter Thirty-five: Shuichi's Plans for the Weekend

.

Tatsuha jumped up from his seat. "My honey's gonna be in a movie???"

"He was in one less than six months ago!" Shuichi pointed out, giving the monk a strange look.

"That was an American movie!"

"So...?"

"Foreign movies don't count!"

It was Eiri's turn to roll his eyes. "Whatever. I need a smoke."

"ANIKI!!!" Tatsuha screeched, latching onto his brother's arm to keep him from leaving. "You have to tell me what's going on!"

"Apparently Tohma's been planning this since Ryuichi got back from America four months ago. He reformed Nittle Grasper (again) specifically for the purpose of making the movie soundtrack."

"Why hasn't Seguchi said anything to you about this?" Shuichi asked.

"I don't know. Maybe he wanted it to be a "surprise" or something. I'll find out more on Tuesday."

"What happens on Tuesday?" Shuichi and Tatsuha both asked at the same time.

"There's going to be a meeting."

"Is Ryuichi going to be there???" Tatsuha asked, bouncing up and down in his seat.

"No! Go make coffee!"

"I'm telling you we don't HAVE any!"

"Then go BUY some!"

"Let me use your car, then."

"No!"

"Let him use the car, Yuki," Shuichi told him.

"Why the hell should I? He's liable to crash it into the N-G building."

"Bet!"

"I am NOT letting him u-"

"BET!" Shuichi said again, raising his voice.

Eiri gave him a look. "Fine, but if he wrecks it I'm holding you responsible!"

"But-"

"Um, guys?" Tatsuha asked, staring at a pile of clothes on the floor. "Does your building have a vermin problem?"

"Of course not!" Eiri snapped. "It costs a fortune to live here!"

"Then what is THAT?" Tatsuha asked, pointing to the pile of clothes where something was moving underneath it.

"RAT!!!" Shuichi shrieked, dropping his crutches and leaping into Yuki's arms.

Tatsuha ran into the kitchen and came back with the broom, ready to bash the lump until it stopped moving. "Don't worry, I'll kill it!"

Eiri just rolled his eyes and reached under the pile of shirts to rescue Mr. Fuzzy before his crazed brother beat the poor creature senseless. He set the kitten on his shoulder and walked out of the room (with Shuichi still firmly attached to his torso) muttering, "Idiots. I'm surrounded by idiots."

. . .

"I'm thirsty," Shuichi whined as he swung his legs back and forth under the kitchen table. Mr. Fuzzy was sitting in front of him lapping up milk from one of Eiri's saucers.

"Well, what do you expect me to do about it?" the author asked, not looking up from the newspaper he was reading.

"Can you get me something to drink?" Shuichi asked hopefully. He didn't want to hop to the fridge on one foot, but the only other alternative he saw was to try stealing the milk from the cat. He quickly dismissed that idea, deciding that the drink wasn't worth losing his fingers.

Eiri sighed and put the newspaper down. "If you hadn't left your crutches in the living room you could get it yourself."

"I'm sorry..." the pink-haired man apologized as the blond went to the refrigerator to get a couple cans of beer. An advertisement suddenly caught his eye and he pulled the newspaper closer to read it. "Hey Yuki, look at this! There's going to be a dojinshi convention this weekend!"

Yuki set a can of beer in front of the singer and snatched the paper back. "So?"

"I wanna go!"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because people will recognize us and cause a scene. I'm not in the mood to deal with that shit and you're in no condition to run."

"They won't recognize us if we're in disguise!"

"No."

"Well, I won the bet and I say we're going!"

"I only have to do what you want today. The convention starts tomorrow."

"Please?"

"No!"

Shuichi crossed his arms and sat still for a minute, looking thoughtful. "I've got it!" he yelled suddenly.

"Will you shut UP?"

"You have to do anything I want today, right?"

"That was the agreement."

"Well, I want you to agree to go to the convention with me tomorrow!"

Eiri opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"And no going back on your word tomorrow, either!" Shuichi added.

"That's cheating!" the older man said finally. "You're using a loophole to extend the agreement!"

"Please Yuki?" Shuichi asked again. "I want to go somewhere fun and you told me once that you always wanted to go to a dojinshi convention..."

Eiri sighed. "Fine, I'll go. Just shut up and let me read the paper."

"Yay! Don't worry Yuki, it'll be so much fun! I'll go work on our costumes!"

With that the singer hopped out of the room on one leg, happy as a lark. Eiri, meanwhile, sat frozen in his seat, wondering what he'd gotten himself into. "Costumes???"

.

~End chapter thirty-five~