Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Ryuichi, another name for immaturity ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Pairings: Ryu/Taki.

[]a character's thoughts
// // Flashback

Note: This is my longest chapter so far. I'm so proud.
________________________________________________________________________

Inspired

Chapter 5

Ryuichi believed in dreams. He also believed that dreams came true. If someone had to ask him what evidence he had, he could happily point to the current situation. He was now sitting across from the man of his dreams, in a fancy restaurant, on what could technically be considered a date, and he was drinking up every moment of it. Of course, they hadn't said anything in the course of an hour, but hey, it was all good. Well, it would be once he refilled his plate.

"I'll be right back!" He said cheerfully, running back to the buffet. Taki just shook his head. He still didn't know whether to be mortified, enraged, or deliriously happy. [I should be angry. I've practically been kidnapped.]

Should was the operative word. He had not only been kidnapped, but he had also been subjected to public humiliation and was now possibly about to be subjected to more. Plus, he had the sinking suspicion that the supposed lobster on his plate was actually a crab.

"Wow, I really love the shrimp salad, what about you?" Ryuichi was sounding awfully cheerful as he came back.

"It's okay, I guess." He muttered to himself as he tried to unsuccessfully take his eyes off the other. [What the hell do I do? What am I supposed to say?]

He had never felt so awkward in his entire life. On one hand, the Ryuichi Sakuma was eating with him, on the other hand, he got the impression that Ryuichi just might want something a little too difficult even think about at the moment. Then again, maybe he was just imagining Ryuichi making eyes at him. Had to be. That just had to be it.

"Is something on my face?" Ryuichi asked. He sure hoped Taki hadn't noticed he was blushing. [Then again, he has to find out eventually. But, I want it to be perfect. I wish I could talk to Kumagoro.] Unfortunately, Kumagoro was at the dry cleaners.

Taki was shaken out of his little world. "Eh, well... I..." [What the hell is wrong with me? I must look like an idiot. Now he's going to think... God I need a drink.]

"Or are you full? Sick? Thirsty? Tired? Angry? Sleepy?" Ryuichi was panicking, Sakano style. [No please don't let anything go wrong, please.]

Taki stared at him and was about to protest, except for... Ryuichi looked kind of cute like that... [Whoa... I didn't just think that.] He shook his head as if that would shoo away the aberrant thought.

"I'm fine. Let's go somewhere else." Taki was getting nervous as Ryuichi's little freak out was drawing unwelcome attention, again. If Taki was stuck "hanging" with him, it was going to be on his terms.

Ryuichi perked up. [Hooray! He's not mad at me. And he still wants to continue the date.] Sure, it was only technically a date, but in Ryuichi's mind, "technically" was all that was needed.
________________________________________________________________________

Somehow, it seemed that the situation had gotten worse. They had ended up at Taki's apartment. Taki didn't know how, just that they had. It was private and safer then going to Ryuichi's, in theory.

"Wow. This place could fit in my living room." Ryuichi said with a giggle as he hopped in through the door.

Taki frowned, even more displeased. [This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever done.] "Make yourself at home." Though, based on the way Ryuichi had flopped down on the couch, Taki had just wasted his breath. "Er, I'll go get some drinks. Soda fine?" He would've preferred a beer, or two, or three, but he didn't want to get so drunk he'd do something that he'd regret later on. And he doubted a drunken Ryuichi would be good either.

Ryuichi looked as Taki walked into the kitchen. He felt all fluttery. [I can't believe he invited me in. Just stay calm. Nothing's going to happen. He doesn't even know...]

That thought almost depressed him, but did it really matter? Did it really matter if Taki liked him back? Maybe it was just enough to be with him today. Suddenly he was interrupted by a can of Pepsi being held in front of his face.

"Thanks." Ryuichi said, as he popped open the can and drunk half of it down. Taki took a swallow from his as he sat down next to the older man, trying to ignore him. Ryuichi could already feel the sugar rushing through his veins and wasn‘t feeling as nervous now. He looked around for something to do and saw a remote laying next to him. Grabbing it, he turned the TV on.

He flipped through the channels until he found an anime show. It was one of those shows where a group of high school girls battled against evil by magically changing into skimpy, albeit cute outfits. Taki felt like he was going to gag on the cuteness. Yet, Ryuichi was glued to the TV set, as if he was watching a riveting drama.

"It's my favorite episode! The one where Yuriko finally confesses her love to Saki!" Ryuichi was squirming in his spot excitedly. A few minutes into the show though and Taki had to ask a rather nagging question.

"You're thirty, right?"

"Yep." Ryuichi said as he focused on the show. Taki sighed, trying to find a better way to get his point across.

"You do realize that this is a show for teenage girls?" He couldn't believe he was putting up with this girly crap.

"Who says I can't watch it? What are you, the TV police?" Ryuichi said defensively. He would not allow anyone to tell him what to watch, even Taki. At that moment, the younger man gave up on being tactful.

"I want to watch something else." He grabbed the remote and flipped the channel over until he reached an action movie. Ryuichi got a crabby look on his face.

"Change it back!" [What's his problem?]

"No." [Why should I when it's my apartment?] Ryuichi grabbed the remote and changed it back to the previous station. Taki pulled it out of his hands and changed it back.

"Hey, what was that for?" Ryuichi was getting just a little crabby. He wasn't used to be being refused. He wasn't used to getting this angry either.

"Nothing." Taki said. He was beginning to regret this. When Ryuichi lunged at him in an attempt to get the remote, he suddenly regretted it even more.

The sudden move resulted in both of them being drenched and Ryuichi laying on top of him in rather compromising position. It was also rather amazing how the soda had managed to splatter them both so thoroughly. They both lay there a moment, and then Ryuichi started laughing. Taki suddenly found himself laughing as well, so much so that he couldn't stop.

The situation was just… absurd. Maybe it lay in the fact that this was all over cheesy anime. Maybe it lay in the fact that it was so unexpected. Maybe it was the sudden closeness of the two, the warmth. Maybe in Taki's mind was the fact that it wasn't so bad, not as bad as it should have been.

Ryuichi allowed himself to savor the warmth beneath him. To enjoy the way Taki felt under him. The smell of his breath and the smell of soda soaking their clothes and hair. Just a little longer...

"Er, maybe we should get changed." Taki was now feeling ashamed of feeling something he probably shouldn't have, not that he was sure what he was feeling or why.

"You're right." Ryuichi replied, cursing in his mind that reality was already crashing his party.
________________________________________________________________________

Ryuichi leaned against the wall feeling rather cozy in the shirt and blue jeans Taki had lent him after he had taken his shower. He wished he had taken advantage of the whole soda situation, but this was good too. There was just something about your crush taking a shower that was, well definitely hot.

Which was why he had to figure out an excuse to stay even longer. It was already getting to be evening. He had to make this last as long as possible. He could have cooked, but he doubted food would work twice. There was always honesty, well maybe.

His thoughts were interrupted by Taki exiting the bathroom. Like Ryuichi he was wearing a T-shirt and blue jeans. The older man blushed to himself, barely able to contain his delight. [He's so cute.]

Taki frowned, annoyed at the obvious staring. Also, he was now aware that he had to do something with this... guest. He was tempted to just throw out Ryuichi and avoid the whole issue, but then there was the question of just how much he loved his job.

"How about we try watching TV again?" Said Taki, hesitantly.

"All right! Magical Warrior Pichu is going to be on!" Said Ryuichi, jumping up and down.

"It's going to be a long night." Taki muttered.

"Eh? What was that?" Said Ryuichi as he ran over to the couch.

"Nothing, nothing..." [Yes. A really long night.]
________________________________________________________________________

To Be Continued...

What happens when people get the wrong idea? Is it such a wrong idea?

The two different animes mentioned by Ryuichi are made up. I just figured that Ryuichi's tastes might run towards cutesy anime.