Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rating: PG-13: Swearing and Adult Situations.

Pairings: Ryuichi/Taki, Tatsuha/Shuichi and slight Yuki/Suguru.


________________________________________________________________________

Inspired

Chapter 19

Monday morning was disappointing for Tatsuha. He hadn’t gotten any from Shuichi on Sunday because the pink-haired boy wanted to unpack. And for some reason unpacking was more time consuming then packing had been. Then this morning, when he had tried to get some, Shuichi had remembered that he had to work and rushed out the door, leaving Tatsuha with nothing but a peck on the cheek. Plus, the feeling that he was now being ‘kept.’

He tromped grudgingly towards the phone and stood there, glaring at it. A few months ago, Mika had offered him a job. It was a paid internship at an investment company she owned. Tatsuha had turned it down, as it had nothing to do with being near Ryuichi and he had all the money he needed.

Now it was different though. Not because he had what he hoped was a steady boyfriend and not because the old man would probably cut him off. But, because he now realized that he had very little to offer. Yuki was self-sufficient, fairly dependable and serious. Next to him, Tatsuha was just a spoiled child. He knew that if he didn’t change that, Shuichi and him might be through before they even started.

He gulped as he grabbed the phone. Dialing the number, he wished his days of freedom a fond farewell. When he heard Mika’s voice on the other end, it took Tatsuha a few minutes before he could speak. “Mika, it’s Tatsuha. You know that job you told me about? Well, is it still available?”
________________________________________________________________________

Suguru whimpered as he stood outside the door to Bad Luck’s recording studio. He would have ditched, but Tohma was home that morning and seemed to feel that Suguru should face his fears like a man. Easy for him to say. Tohma hadn’t just fucked over his vocalist’s love life out misguided spite.

He finally went in and was surprised to see Hiro and Shuichi in deep conversation. They looked up at Suguru, causing him to flinch. “Hey, Suguru! Ready to give it your all today?” Shuichi waved at him happily. [What the?]

“Uh, yeah.” He sat down at the table, surprised that Shuichi wasn’t mad at him.

“Suguru was there too! He can tell you all about it!” The keyboardist was even more confused then before. Hiro was also a little surprised, obviously not believing that two would voluntarily be in the same place outside of work.

“Fujisaki, did Shuichi really dump Yuki and run off with Tatsuha?”

“Uh, yeah.” Suguru nodded nervously, wondering when Shuichi was going to get mad. Hiro was shaking his head, not quite knowing what to say.

“I can believe the dumping part, but not the whole running off with the brother part. It sounds like something out of a bad soap opera.” The guitarist was used to Shuichi’s and Yuki’s problems, but wasn’t used to the idea of his friend being anything other than Yuki’s biggest fan.

“That’s because Shuichi Shindou’s life is one of epic proportions!” Shouted K as he strode through the door. “Only the greatness of daytime drama can be compared to him!” Hiro and Suguru sweat dropped, while Shuichi only became more fired up.

“Yes and the drama that is my life shall only get juicier!” The vocalist was now raving as he struck a dramatic pose, causing K to show his approval by clapping.

“That guy…” Groaned Hiro as Suguru nodded in agreement. “But, I’m thinking,” the guitarist bent down to whisper into Suguru’s ear, “That regardless of whether he’s destined to stay with Tatsuha or not, he’s going to come down off his high horse and realize that he hurt Yuki’s feelings. And then, it’s a long vacation for Bad Luck.” Suguru gulped as Hiro walked off to greet Sakano, who had just entered.

The keyboardist nervously approached Shuichi, deciding to get his apology out of the way. “Um, Shindou…” Suguru nervously tugged on Shuichi’s coat.

“Oh come on, it’s Shuichi now!” The vocalist said as he turned around, still smiling.

“Yeah.” Suguru was really worried about the fact that Shuichi hadn’t killed him yet. “Listen, Shuichi, I, I’m really sorry about what happened last night.”

“Eh, why would you be sorry?” Shuichi smiled at the confused Suguru, who didn’t know what was going on, yet again. “Suguru, that whole incident was a long time coming. If anything, it’s better that it happened that way. Otherwise I would have been having an affair on the side.”

“But, still… Yuki could have killed you. I feel really bad about it.”

“Why are you blaming yourself? It was a freaky coincidence that he came home when he did, that’s all.”

[Coincidence. That means he doesn’t know that I called Yuki.] “Uh, yeah. I guess you’re right.” [Yes! He doesn’t know. I’m saved!]
________________________________________________________________________

“Wee! Free at last, free at last!” Ryuichi giggled as he got out of his car that morning. The idol had parked right outside his boyfriend’s apartment, wanting Taki to have his present a little early. He was still a little tired from the trip, but he really wanted to see Taki, even if he was cranky about getting woken up. And Ryuichi was a little horny too. He really needed a little morning pick-me-up.

Running through the door which was not locked, Ryuichi ran through the rooms till he found the bedroom. He stopped and made sure he was quiet before peeking into the room. Taki was curled up under a bunch of blankets and pillows, looking too cute for his own good.

Ryuichi grinned to himself. [Gosh, he’s so irresponsible. Doesn’t lock the door and now he’s sleeping so soundly. Anyone could just sneak up on him and…] He walked over to the bed and gently sat down on the mattress. The slight creaking caused Taki to stir a bit, without waking up. He rolled over so that he was now laying on his back, in a position that was doing wonders for Ryuichi‘s imagination.

It took every ounce of self control Ryuichi had to not jump the younger man right then and there. Instead, he decided to use his mother’s favorite wake up method. Lifting the blankets up, Ryuichi slid under them and scooted over towards Taki’s sleeping form. He laid his head on Taki’s chest and closed his eyes, waiting for him to wake up.
________________________________________________________________________

Taki didn’t know why, but he could feel a sudden weight on top of him. In his sleep fogged mind, he could register the weight as familiar, but he didn’t know why it was. He blinked, trying to get his eyes to open. Taki’s hand trailed down towards the weight, meeting soft hair. His eyes glanced down, seeing that it was Ryuichi lying there.

[Oh, it’s just him…] It was a few minutes before he realized what was wrong with this picture. The younger man jumped out of the bed as fast as he could, nearly crashing to the floor. Ryuichi slowly rose up, looking very alert and very amused. “Good morning, sleepy head.”

“What are you doing here?” Taki hissed through, clenched teeth, heart racing a mile a minute. Ryuichi sat up, so that he was on his hands and knees, hoping he looked seductive.

“I got home and wanted to see you. Is that so bad?” The younger man looked like he was about to pop a blood vessel.

“Most people knock or call ahead.” At that, Ryuichi sat up, a hand on his hips and a stern look on his face.

“Well, guess what? The door wasn’t locked. Anyone could have come in and had their way with you.” Taki turned beat red and couldn’t come up with a sufficient retort. It was a bad habit of his to never lock up. It took him a few minutes to find his voice.

“That doesn’t give you any right to come in here whenever you want!” He was still feeling troubled over what had happened after the concert. He really wanted to sort out these issues and he couldn’t do that if Ryuichi was here. Plus, Ryuichi was really working his last nerve.

“What are you talking about? I’m your boyfriend! If I can’t enter your home whenever I want, then something’s not right!” And suddenly, the last nerve broke.

“What the hell makes you think we’re that close? I never said we were. You decided all this on your own. What about me? Don’t I get a say in this?” He was shaking all over from rage, fear and even hurt.

“Taki, what’s wrong?” Ryuichi was very worried. It wasn’t like Taki to break down this easily. Sure, he got angry sometimes, but the younger man was adverse to showing any other sign of weakness.

“What’s wrong?” [How dare he even think to ask me that?] “Some crazed American comes and basically tells me I’m not even good enough to lick your boots. It also suddenly occurs to me that I‘m not in a position to choose anyone else. Which is crazy, as I don’t even know what’s going on between us.”

Ryuichi looked at Taki, even more confusion setting in. The older man didn’t understand the messed up jumble of sentences that were being strung together, but it was obvious that Taki was worked up over something. Or maybe he had just gotten up on the wrong side of bed. “Taki, what do you mean you don’t know what’s going on between us?”

Taki just shook his head, taking in a breath. “I need sometime away from you. To sort out some things for myself.”

“But, we just had two days…”

“Well, I need more then two days.” Taki had his back turned towards Ryuichi as he said this, arms crossed. Ryuichi began to sniffle, feeling tears well up in his eyes.

“Why? Why now?” He felt hurt and angry, having heard this story a few too many times before, from too many people.

“I don’t want to throw my life or yours away for something that’s, that’s not a sure thing.” The younger man knew it sounded weak, but it was all he could come up with.

“Taki, what are you really afraid of?” Ryuichi’s tone was demanding, forcing Taki to turn around and face him. The younger man’s expression was somewhere between grief and anger.

“I’m afraid of you. I’m afraid of the way you make me feel, because I don’t know how to handle those feelings. And I just, I just need to puzzle this through alright?” Taki felt guilty for yelling at him, but damn it, he needed this.

“Fine. I understand.” Ryuichi muttered, his eyes darkening. He walked up to Taki and pressed something into his hand. “When you figure it all out, open this up. I’ll be waiting.” He then stood on his tiptoes and gave Taki a kiss on the cheek before hurrying out of the apartment.

[This isn’t how I wanted it to go, not at all.]
________________________________________________________________________

Yuki growled to himself as he stared at his laptop. He needed to finish the chapter and he had it planned out already. The ending was supposed to lead into the sex scene in the next chapter. But, he couldn’t seem to find the right words. Maybe it was because it was too damn quiet.

Normally, quiet at this time of the day wasn’t a big deal to him. Shuichi was often gone from the house and the novelist had always considered it the perfect time to work. But, something was nagging him, something that usually didn’t nag him.

[He’s not coming back this time, is he?]

He didn’t like the fact that he was feeling so messed up over this. It was so freaking stupid. The little brat had left him for Tatsuha. That fact alone proved how worthless Shuichi was. Anyone who would choose that disease ridden man-whore over him was beneath Yuki’s notice. [He’s not worth angsting over.]

He got up after a few more minutes and went to the living room. A quick nap on the couch sounded like a good idea. As he laid down though, it occurred to him that this was the couch the brat slept on sometimes. And he had no idea why it should matter, but for some sick reason, it really did.
________________________________________________________________________

Ryuichi had spent the rest of the morning at home, sobbing into his pillow. He felt like such an idiot. “I knew I shouldn’t have left, I just knew it! Or at least,” He reached down and pulled Kumagoro out from the coat pocket where he’d been hiding, “You should have stayed. But, no. I had to take you to see Buckingham Palace, yet again. You‘ve already been to London. You‘ve already seen the damn palace!” Ryuichi tossed the bunny towards a nearby chair, and closed his eyes, crying some more.

“And what does he mean, he doesn’t know what’s going on between us? And he says I’m fickle. He is such a pain sometimes. Stupid separation. I really wanted to see the look on his face when he opened my present.” He sat there a few minutes, his sniffles dying down. Then his eyes went wide as he remembered that he had other presents to hand out.

“Yes, that’s right. I have more errands to run today.” Being busy was the best thing he could do right now. He was relieved as he didn’t want to spend the day waiting for Taki to come to his senses.
________________________________________________________________________

The day ended for Suguru without incident, thank god. But, the whole time, he was worried that somehow, someway Shuichi would find out the whole truth and then…
Well, needless to say, the green-haired boy didn’t want to think about that.

He also didn’t want to think about the fact that he had a sudden need to get another Eiri Yuki novel. But, he had read all the ones that Mika and Tohma owned. And according to Mika, there were more of those books out there. That meant a trip to the book store, but for some reason, Suguru had a more outrageous idea.

[Why not get it from the source? I mean after all, I do know him, a little. Why can’t I go see him again? It’s just to talk about his books, right? Besides, maybe he’s lonely.]

It really scared the boy that he was even thinking that, but still, was it so wrong? He was just a young fan who wanted some answers. So what if the man who could answer his question’s was the ex-boyfriend of the band’s vocalist? That wasn’t wrong, was it?
________________________________________________________________________

Shuichi walked into his new, temporary home, waiting for the horny teenager to attack him. He was disappointed and worried when those busy hands didn’t go after him.

“Tatsuha, are you here?” He shouted, afraid that he was in one of those horror movies.

“I’m home!” Shouted a voice behind the pink-haired boy. He turned around to see Tatsuha wearing of all things, a suit.

“What’s with the-” Before Shuichi could finish the sentence, he found his mouth being ravaged by the teenager’s.

“Talk later. Need sex, now.” Tatsuha hissed, renewing his attack before the older teen could reply.
________________________________________________________________________

Ryuichi was feeling a little better by the end of the day. He had went home to visit his parents and younger siblings, bearing gifts. It was always nice to have a helping of Mom’s oden while catching up on his little brother’s latest exploits and his little sister’s latest crises. All the while Dad would be holding the newspaper, lowering it to nod in assent or offer some bit of wisdom. It may have been ordinary, but it was home.

He had almost forgotten about Taki until his Mom had queried him on his love life. Apparently that “Nice” Mr. K had talked to them and mentioned a little something about Taki. Mom had been wondering why her special guy (aka Ryuichi) hadn’t brought this boy with. Before Ryuichi could magically changed the subject, the siblings had joined in, wanting to know more about this Taki as well. Dad, lowering the newspaper cinched it.

Before he knew it, Ryuichi had ended up making some crappy excuse about bringing Taki along next time. As if there would be a next time. As if Taki would be absolutely thrilled to death to meet them. [Yeah, he’ll be thrilled to death. Thrilled enough to kill me.] And suddenly, Ryuichi had ended up laughing his ass off, causing his family to worry about his sanity. More then usual anyways.

The thought of Taki spazzing on him like that had brought a smile to his face that he couldn’t get rid of for the rest of the day. So much so that he was now feeling pretty confidant that he wasn’t being dumped. [I’ve known him just long enough. I know how pissy he gets. It’s just another fit. Another silly little fit of his. Once he gets over his need for space, it’s happy times again!]

He marked off his list that evening, noting that he was down to the people at N-G Studios and, Tatsuha. Ryuichi grimaced as he sat down at the table, thinking about how he was going to do this. [This is just too weird. I mean, he has a crush on me that I can’t return. But, still…]

Tatsuha was another good friend of Ryuichi’s. Maybe a little weird, but still a good friend. And the pop idol was determined to keep his friends. He didn’t want to regret losing anyone.
________________________________________________________________________

Yuki knew he had to be going crazy. He had just hallucinated a Bad Luck song. Or maybe it was sleep deprivation. He knew it had to be a hallucination because he didn’t have the radio on, and the few times he did, it definitely wasn’t playing anything by Bad Luck. [I can’t be, lonely, can I?]

It was stupid, but he suddenly wanted someone there, anyone. But, who did he have? If he called the brat, he’d look like an idiot. And he was too pissed off at his brother. Mika would just piss him off as well and he didn’t like the idea of relying on Tohma. Who did he have?

There was a knocking on the door at that moment that punctured the silence. Yuki shook his head in disbelief, not lonely enough to see a fan girl. Or was it Shuichi, begging Yuki to take him back? If it was, he’d slam the door in the brat’s face. The novelist walked towards the door, hoping for the chance to terrify some poor civilian.

Needless to say, he was quite disappointed and confused when he saw Suguru Fujisaki there. “What do you want?” The boy looked down as if to pick up a little courage.

“I read some of your books while I was at my cousin’s. And well, I had some questions…”

“Go find some magazines. I’m sure you’ll find some interviews in there.” Yuki moved to close the door, but was stopped by a hand on his arm.

“Please, can’t you spare a minute? It’s just, that since I know you, it seems rather silly to not take advantage of that.” Yuki looked at Suguru, disbelief in his eyes. [He’s just like them. Just like the brat and just like Tohma. So damn cocky.]

“Sure, why not?” Seeing the boy’s shock, the novelist smirked. “I’m just feeling generous today.” Well, if he would just admit it, deep down, the novelist felt relieved that he wasn’t going to be alone for the night.
________________________________________________________________________

Shuichi sighed as he laid back on the bed, enjoying the after effects of the fun he had just had with Tatsuha. He propped himself up on his shoulder to look at the younger teen. “So let me get this straight: you got a job. A job in an office.” Tatsuha nodded, grabbing another cigarette.

“It was horrible. My boss, is this total loser. I swear he had it in for me. He made me file all these reports and then told me I did it wrong. I had to spend three hours redoing everything. I think he’s just pissed that his secretary has the hots for me.” The teenager snickered to himself, obviously amused.

Shuichi frowned to himself, not liking the idea of Tatsuha flirting with strange girls. “Tatsuha, why would you want a job anyways?” Tatsuha turned away, trying to hide his embarrassment.

“Well, you know, I need the spending money. Dad’s probably going to cut me off any day now. Besides, I thought it would be a good experience.”

The corner of Shuichi’s eye twitched at what he could tell was a lie. [What are you hiding from me?]
________________________________________________________________________

To Be Continued…

Next time, Taki’s thinking things over, not quite sure if he accepts the truth about him and Ryuichi. Ryuichi and Tatsuha meet up and have a heart to heart, making their boyfriends very, very jealous. Yuki and Suguru bond, neither one knowing why.

Waah, Taki wasn’t very nice to Ryuichi, was he? The guy has some issues yet, but hopefully he’ll resolve most of them next chapter.