Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Chapter 26 ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rating: T, just in case

Pairings: Ryuichi/Taki, the whole chapter!

Summary: Our two main characters (that’s right, this story was originally about Taki and Ryuichi, wasn’t it?) face a milestone of sorts as a couple.

Sorry for those fans who have been waiting on this fic. I’ve been distracted by life.
________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 26

“Hey, Taki… I was thinking that maybe…” Ryuichi sighed deeply to himself before continuing. “Is it alright if I introduce you to my parents?” There was silence and Ryuichi smiled jumping up and down. “You will!? I’m so happy!” The pop star twirled around so that his back was facing his partner. “This’ll be great! You’ll like Mom and Dad! Well, Mom can be a little smothering, but she’s really nice! Oh, and little brother and sister will be there too! Well, I guess not so little. My brother’s in high school and my sister’s on her second year of college, but they’re both really, really cool!”

His arms were waving about really animated now. “Everyone really wants to meet you too! But, they won’t bite! I promise they won’t! Though, you’ll have to try and be polite and not be grouchy, but I’m sure they’ll like you even if you are grouchy!” Suddenly Ryuichi gave a start. “And mom’s going to make her famous beef pot! Well, it’s not as famous as you or me, but it should be! Mom’s cooking is to die for!” He spun around once again so that he was facing his companion once again.

Picking up the stuffed rabbit, he sighed. “Now, if only the real Taki would say yes.” Ryuichi hugged Kumagoro tightly.
________________________________________________________________________

“Hey man, are serious are you? About Sakuma-san I mean?” Ma-kun gave Taki a side glance as he downed his can of beer. The two were in the guitarist’s apartment, Ken having gone home to his parent’s home for the week.

“Uh… I think so. Why?” He didn’t like the question at all. He didn’t like thinking of his current relationship in definite terms. It made him nervous putting it into words. Putting something into words made it real and solid, which meant it was breakable and not infinite.

His friend shrugged, having expected such an answer. “Well you better decide because he seems really serious.”

“What makes you say that? Did he tell you anything?” There had been days when Ryuichi ended up hanging around the whole band just to be around Taki. He had seemed to really hit it off with Ma-kun and Ken-chan in the process, then again, Ryuichi seemed to have that effect on almost everybody.

“Eh… Nothing really blunt, more like a feeling. I’ve kind of developed a sense for this sort of thing so I could avoid any babes looking for a ‘commitment.” Taki snorted, but let Ma-kun continue. “Sakuma’s like thirty, right? He’s at that age where if you aren’t settled down, well, the average person begins to panic. I mean, he likes kids, a lot. He spent ten minutes babbling about how cute Ukai’s kid was yesterday.”

“Kids?” Taki nearly choked. [He never mentioned anything about kids… Well, he does tend to get all mushy whenever he sees some brat being cute, but he gushes over anything cute!]

Ma-kun smirked at him, but shook his head. “He didn’t say anything about having any, but I can tell he wants them… Sure sign of danger man.”

Taki scoffed at that. “Well, so what if he does? Nothing I can do about it.”

“Well, there’s adoption or you can get a surrogate…” Taki groaned as he held his hands in his face.

“Why the hell do you even care?”

“Because what affects the vocalist affects the entire band. And you obviously haven’t thought about this.” Truth was, Ma-kun just enjoyed seeing Taki squirm. He knew very few people who could get as worked up as the vocalist. The guitarist also knew that Taki hadn’t thought that far ahead. Not with someone like Ryuichi anyways.

“I shouldn’t have to think about this stuff.” Taki muttered petulantly, resting his elbows on his knees, head in his hands. “I’m not that old yet. I still have my whole life before me.”

Ma-kun snickered, handing his friend a beer, knowing he was going to need it. “Well, that’s not the only thing you should worry about. What if he wants you to meet his parents? Or even worse, meet your parents?” At the mention of his own parents, Taki managed to spray the mouthful of beer all over the place.

“Fuck…” He gasped, trying to clear his lungs. “They’ll eat him alive. Hell, they’ll kill me first.”

“Well, you better start thinking about it. Because unless you plan on breaking it off with him, it’s going to happen. There’s no way it won’t eventually happen.” Taki wasn’t even through half a beer and he already felt as if he was hung over.
________________________________________________________________________

Later on, when he had gone over to Ryuichi’s, the conversation was still on Taki’s mind. So much so that he hadn’t been paying much attention to the fact that Ryuichi was acting unusually shy, not being nearly as clingy as he normally was. Granted, Ryuichi was up and about and not on the couch with Taki and the older man was still being his usually, energetic self, though it was a nervous energy. The younger man had bigger problems to worry about, namely, the sudden griping fear of commitment that refused to leave him alone.

While Taki may have been unaware of Ryuichi’s behavior, the older man was certainly aware of Taki’s. The younger man had this ‘Don’t bug me’ aura that wasn’t making Ryuichi’s predicament any easy. Worse was the fact that he had already promised his family that they’d get to meet Taki this weekend. [I have such a big mouth sometimes. If I don’t bring him with, I’ll look so lame.]

Even Kumagoro was stashed away, as Ryuichi felt that the rabbit would say something to stress Taki out, which help at all. [I have to handle this delicately… Darn it! I’m not good at being delicate!]

“Taki, are you doing anything this weekend?” If he just eased Taki into the idea, Ryuichi was sure it wouldn’t go too badly.

“Uh, What?” The younger man looked at him in confusion and Ryuichi repeated himself. “No, why?” Taki now looked a little suspicious, maybe? Sometimes it was hard to tell what the younger man was thinking, the droop to his eyes being quite deceptive at times.

“Well, would you like to go with me somewhere?” [Say yes!]

“Depends on where it is?” The older man resisted the urge to rip out his hair. [Why do you make things sooooo hard!?]

“To meet some friends.” [Well, families technically are friends, friends with the same blood running through their veins.]

“What kind of friends?” Ryuichi was now feeling pissed, an effect Taki sometimes had on him. Which Ryuichi had always found strange since he had always thought that the one you loved should be the person who made you the least angry.

“Just say yes, please?” Ryuichi clasped his hands together and smiled cutely, though it was easy to see an angry twitch on the corner of his right eye.

“Hmmm… Sure, alright.” Taki figured it would just be easier to go along with the older man rather than to piss him off further. Ryuichi just wasn’t as fun angry, in or out of bed.

“Alright! Make sure you’re on your best behavior! Try to be nice and not so uh, opinionated, alright? Some people find you to be a little harsh.” Ryuichi jumped once and spun around, arms out wide.

Realizing that he might have just fallen into a trap, Taki sighed. “Just where are we going?”

“To my Mom and Dad’s house!” Ryuichi gave him a quick hug. “I told them you were coming to dinner. They really want to meet you!”

“Your parents?” Taki stared at him for a moment. “That’s… nice.” Ryuichi grabbed both of Taki’s hands and pulled him off the couch so he was standing.

“You’re okay with this, right? I mean, I guess I could tell them you’re not coming if you really, really don’t want to go? Sure, they’ll be sad and Ryuichi will be sad as well, but if you don’t want to…” Ryuichi pouted and managed to make him self look shorter than he already was.

“Damn it, I’ll go! Stop the pitiful act!” Anything was better than having Ryuichi be all sulky and pouty. Taki found it so annoying because it always made him feel so guilty. He hated the fact that something so cute could make him feel that way.

“Hooray!!!” Now Ryuichi began dancing, pulling Taki along with him. “Kumagoro said you wouldn’t want to go, that you would get upset!” Taki just let himself be drug around the living room, realizing that he had just passed up a possible opportunity to get out of this situation. After a while, Ryuichi slowed down. “This really does mean a lot to me Taki. My family’s really important to me and so are you.”’

He nodded, a little dizzy now. “Don’t worry. You can count on me. I’ll be on my best behavior. Are you sure the whole gay thing won’t bother them?”

“Nope. They’ve known that I like both boys and girls for a very long time. So it doesn’t faze them much anymore. Though, it’s been a really long time since I introduced them to anyone. If you act normal, they’ll act normal around you.” Taki nodded along, still not quite believing he was agreeing to this. [Ma-kun you bastard, you were right.]
________________________________________________________________________

When the day had finally come, Ryuichi had been excited. But, by the end of the day, when the whole visit was all over, he was feelings seriously weirded out. He had never realized that Taki was such a good actor. The younger man, instead of being his slightly spastic self, had been the very definition of charm and poise.

Ryuichi’s mom had been surprised by what a proper young man Ryuichi had brought home and had recommended that Ryuichi could learn something from him. Dad, while remaining his usual aloof self, had not indicated that he disliked Taki, which was a good sign and probably as good as he was going to get. And the siblings had liked him a lot. Particularly his sister who actually listened to music from ASK and had ended up gushing over the dark-haired vocalist quite a bit.

Ryuichi was actually feeling annoyed. [Why isn’t he that nice around me? Well, I mean he’s nice to me sometimes, but he’s so snippy usually, towards everyone. And so conceited normally! He seemed so fake!]

He knew he should be happy that things had gone so well, but for some reason he was just irritated. The only good thing was that Taki had allowed him to drive. In fact they were in the car right now on the way home.

Of course, even though Taki was letting him drive, the younger man still felt the need to point out whatever it was that Ryuichi was doing wrong. “Hey, you need to slow down, you got a curve coming.” Ryuichi not only ignored him, but slightly sped up for the curve in question. He just barely made it too and Taki was clinging tightly to his seat. “Jesus, slow down! You’re going to get us killed one day!”

“What the hell was that back there?” Seeing Taki’s clueless stare, Ryuichi decided to elaborate. “Why did you put up that act in front of my parents? Like you were some nice, polite, good little boy?”

“I thought you wanted me to be nice!” Taki was still clinging to the seat, though not as tightly. “You said to be nice. Be nice. Your exact words.”

Ryuichi’s grip tightened on the steering wheel. “When I say nice, I mean, don’t be as mean as you normally are! You were acting all freaky like some sort of pod person. You seemed like a big faker! My family hates fakers!”

Taki let go of his seat and misadjusted his seat belt before he leaned back and crossed his arms. “Well excuse me. Some us were raised to act a certain way, alright? Some of us aren’t taught that it’s okay to be ourselves and express our own actual opinions in front of others. Besides, not like anyone other than you noticed I was acting ‘weird.”

The older man’s shoulders slackened a bit, but only slightly. “I wanted them to get to know the you I know…” His knuckles weren’t so white against the steering wheel now.

“Sorry… You mentioned parents and I guessed I freaked a little and figured I had to put on an act.”

A chuckle came from the driver’s side. “Why would you freak out over something like that?”

“Well, meeting someone’s parents, that’s a big step. Kind of an important one. You don’t do that unless well, the relationship is getting somewhere.” Taki was blushing now and looking away.

Now the older man giggled. “You’re so cute!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just keep your eyes on the road.” Ryuichi had nearly hit a rather large and Taki really didn’t want to think about the terrible insurance settlement that could have resulted out of that.

They were silent for a while, both much more relaxed now. “Say, Taki… When do I get to meet your parents?”
________________________________________________________________________

Ryuichi wasn’t exactly satisfied with the answer Taki had given about his own set of parents. The younger man had been evasive the whole trip and when they got home, Ryuichi had been jumped before he had a chance to try and question him further. And now Taki was asleep, looking to sweet to wake up. Besides, the younger man was always hard to rouse after sex anyways.

He slipped into some boxers and walked into the kitchen to fish a snack out of the fridge. Just as he had finally settled on a left over piece of cake, the phone rang. He leaning over the counter, he quickly grabbed it, so that Taki wouldn’t wake up. “Hello? Mom?”

“Just checking to see if you got home alright dear. You know how bad your driving can be.”

“Mom…” Ryuichi whined, annoyed that he was being nagged yet a second time today.

“You know I just worry about you dear. Plus, you had a passenger. You can’t go endangering him now, can you?” He could hear the smile in her voice and it made him blush.

“Well, I’m fine and he’s fine too.” He was silent for a little bit. “Say, mom… About today…” He creased his forehead, trying to figure out how to say this. “Taki, he’s not normally like that.”

“Like what dear?” She sounded puzzled.

“Well, I mean, he’s not normally so pleasant, well he’s not unpleasant, it’s just that he’s well, you know, not so sweet all the time.” She started laughing suddenly, which caught Ryuichi off guard.

“Honey, anyone could tell that. Why, it’s to be expected.”

“It is?” Ryuichi was in a state of disbelief now.

“Sweetie, no one acts like themselves when they meet their future in laws for this first time. Why your father, he…” Ryuichi wasn’t quite hearing her now though, one thought going through his head… [So I was mad at him for no good reason?] Ryuichi suddenly had the feeling that he owed Taki an apology. A big one…
________________________________________________________________________

To Be Continued…

A few points:

1. They aren’t adopting/getting their hands on any kids for a long time. They both need to do a lot more growing up and need to be with each other a lot longer. Not that Ryuichi won’t be pushy about it.

2. I didn’t do a whole scene with Ryu’s family because I didn’t feel that I needed to introduce four OC’s to the plot.