Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Melody of an Angel ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pairings: Yuki and Shuichi

Warnings: AU! Some sap, overall weirdness...OOC

Disclaimer: Gravitation and characters do not belong to me. Damn it all anyways...

FYI: Well...I'm not really sure what this is. ^^; I made Yuki vulnerable and innocent. But this is AU, so that's allowed. ^__^ Sooooo, I hope you enjoy this, at least.

Melody of an Angel

Wind was rustling in the grass, making it appear as if it were a green sea; waves of tall grass swaying back and forth. Tree leaves flew in the wind and landed nestled on the bed of grass. Yellow sunbeams fell from the sky, dancing upon the ground.


A lone figure stood amongst the grass and trees, letting the wind fly through his sun kissed hair. White robes, trimmed in gold, surrounded his skin; fluttering gracefully with the autumn breeze.

Gossamer wings of the purest white, sprouted from his back, each white feather swaying to its own beat. One of those wings shot open and flapped with an unnatural grace, causing the grass below it to swish violently together.

Yellow hair framed golden eyes that looked passionately upon the meadow. Beams of warmth enveloped his body, as the liquid sunlight chased the shadows away. Hands, the color of ivory, reached out innocently, to grasp a part of that light.

It escaped his fingertips, giggling away into the passing wind. He dropped his hand sadly back to his side.

A blue feather whizzed past his face, causing the gold eyes to narrow with question. A soft sound filtered into his ears. He identified it as a song.

Curious, the other wing that was tucked safely to his side quickly opened and flapped to life, as he turned on his heel.

There was nothing but the expanse of his sanctuary. His home. His world. This land of never-ending breezes, sunlight, grass and trees. Sometimes his sensitive ears would pick up the song of a bird passing by, or the sound of a child's laughter. Soft and innocent.

He was all alone here, sentenced to a life of entrapment in his eternal prison of beauty. The silence was suffocating, as he strained himself to hear that melodic sound again.

A soft melody filled his ears with a song like nothing he'd ever heard before. His wings flapped excitedly behind him, a few white feathers dislodging themselves to fly free in the cool wind. The sunbeams pounded into his back, making his skin overheat. If he weren't incapable of doing so, he would have begun to sweat.

The voice became a smidgen louder, more notes taking up the space where silence reigned. Golden brows furrowed, as he tried to make out what exactly it was that was making the beautiful music. Stray strands of his blond hair played in the breeze, whilst pale hands clenched at his sides.

"Speak to me," he uttered; the first words his lips had formed in ages. His voice was deep and mysterious, a tone of hidden danger lurking beneath.

The wind stopped suddenly, causing the meadow to halt, all life seemingly dead. The green grass no longer swayed, the leaves no longer played. His golden hair no longer rustled about, nor did the shining wings that adorned his back.

The voice...The louder it became, the more beautiful and soothing it sounded. It was singing, notes of all kinds flowing about in the air, forming a harmony and song within the mingling atmosphere. The wind may have stopped, but the song seemed to have created another breeze, one that washed over his body, cut through his silken white robes and pierced his skin. It wormed into his heart, ate away at his mind, and sheltered his soul.

"Speak. Speak to me." his whispered once more, taking one step closer to the sound. His gold eyes, shadowed by the sun, could see nothing ahead of him that had not already been seen.

Twin wings flapped together in unison, seemingly to have a mind of their own. They were excited, spreading themselves out to their full length; twice the size of any six foot man. They danced with glee behind him, as the voice steadily became closer.

Another blue feather caught his eye. Instantly, his slender fingers caught it. He studied it with curious golden eyes, running the soft midnight blue feather over his cheek, sighing at the softness. It was so much alike to his feathers, yet so different. It didn't speak of loneliness, or never-ending questions. It spoke of tenderness, nurturing and laughter.

He tucked it safely into his robe, so it was peeking out under the snow-white fabric, tickling his chest. It was laid over his heart, making its painful cries a little easier to bear.

In his prison of beauty, the wind started again, life returning. The melodic voice stopped, no more notes of love seeping into his strained ears. He frowned, shoulders slumping.

His excited white wings also stopped their flapping, only to fall down, dragging on the grass as he walked away. They hung low on his back, making him slump as he walked. His golden hair covered his saddened gold eyes, his body feeling numb once more.

The shining white wings dragged carelessly behind him, yet not a speck of dirt dared to lay itself upon them; for to taint such a thing would be certain demise.

His wings folded themselves around his pale, wiry body, as he sat against the trunk of a tree. Yellow, red, brown and green leaves floated down beside him.

His white robes danced against his skin in the newly awakened breeze. Downy wings kept him warm, providing shelter and comfort for his tired skin. Gently, with the memory of those notes still singing inside of his mind, he closed his gold eyes, dark lashes framing delicate cheekbones.

He dreamt of freedom. Of change. Of life. Of being able to meet people, feel their thoughts. He dreamt of leaving his suffocating sanctuary, leaving all he knew behind him, in search of something more.

He'd give anything to have it. His pure soul, untainted heart and mind. He'd become bitter and angry...just to experience life.

"Angel, wake up."

A soft touch to his sleeping face brought him from his liquid dreams, into his solid reality.

He was met with blue, almost purple eyes, shining into his own hazy golden ones. He blinked, not quite understanding.

Again, a hand with light bronze skin caressed his cheek lovingly, pale rose lips forming a delicate smile. Pink hair blew in the breeze, glinting from the sunbeams that dripped from the sky.

Robes of the lightest blue clung to the tanned body, swishing about with the wind. The same soft hand that caressed the blond's cheek, found its way to his chest, fingertips touching the blue feather that resided there. The feather became warm, like the sun, and it made him gasp. He placed his ivory hand on top of the tanned one, eyes questioning.

"Hush," was the soft reply. So gentle it was, that it almost was not heard. The feather was removed from its safety within the white robes, and it was placed within the hands of the other, who gave a warm smile.

Deep blue and powder blue wings erupted from the back of the pink haired one, causing the other to gasp in astonishment, his white wings splaying themselves out.

He realized with a start, that the one blue feather belonged to this boy, with the blue robes, trimmed in silver.

"Are you an angel?" the yellow haired angel asked softly, reaching out his cold hands to touch the blue feathers. His lips curved into a smile when the boy didn't shy away. Instead, he and his wings leaned into the touch, an almost purr echoing into the meadow.

The sun chased away the shadows once more, leaving both young men to sit in untamed light, warming them.

His gold eyes looked up abruptly, to find those violet and blue ones staring right back at him.

Moving his silken blue robes aside, he came to sit on the lap of the other, giggling lightly at the shocked expression the blond wore.

This was the first contact the blond had ever made with another being. His lonesome soul stopped its crying, and leapt with joy. His skin tingled with delight. He gave a grateful smile to the pink haired boy on his lap.

"I'm an angel. Just like you." he spoke with his melodic voice, the same one that belonged to those notes that drifted softly within the breeze.

"Why did you come to me?" His voice trembled softly. Blue wings slowly flapped behind the angel with pink hair, causing his own white ones to flap in time.

He got no reply. Only soft eyes that spoke volumes of what words could not.

He came because he was lonely. He came because he needed to be with him. He came...because...because...

He just did.

A chance meeting.

So familiar...

"Don't be sad..." he gave a gentle smile, brushing away stray locks of blond hair. "You're with me now. I'm with you..." his head tilted to the side, eyes closed in a blissful smile.

The blond angel fell into the arms of the pink haired one. For the first time in his life, he was not dreading the rise of the moon, for he would not be alone to witness it. Again, soft notes began to fill his silence. A song was being sung, one he'd never heard before, yet it was so familiar.

"Stay with me," he begged softly, burying his face into the others shoulder, closing golden orbs. Warm arms and wings surrounded him with love and comfort.

"Stay with me..." the pink haired boy repeated, giving a slight squeeze. The blond angel nodded, not moving his body away from the warm embrace he was locked in.

Soft chords floated into his mind, into his heart. The angel was singing to him again. He felt safe, warm, and happy. Content even. The maddening strain of his silence was shattered, this voice replacing it. No longer was he alone, no longer was he sad. No longer would crystal tears be shed.

As time passed, it felt like mere seconds to the young men as they embraced. One singing softly to the wind, while the other cocooned himself inside the embrace. The sun and her light eventually faded into the orange and red sunset, letting last rays fly over the grasses, each waxy blade sucking up all the warmth it could.

The sky turned to dark blue and back, sparkles of stars peppering it. A silver crescent moon hung proudly, casting bright white beams to mimic the suns. They danced over the two boys, chasing away the shadows once more. Only, the moonlight offered no warmth, only light.

They didn't need warmth from the glittering moon that hung innocently in the sky. They gathered their warmth from one another.

A soft lullaby was being sung now, slowly letting the angel in white rest. His eyes felt heavy; his body felt light. Droopy golden pools locked their sights on the moon, and how beautiful it made his pink haired angel look.

Like a marble statue. Silver highlights, dancing over his skin, in his eyes, over his soft hair. He found his lips to burn and ache. His skin to tingle and long for the touch of the other. Their embrace was not broken, but it was not close enough.

Closer...

Lightly, he felt the warm lips descend on his own, causing a sharp shiver to rack through his body. He met the kiss and responded gratefully.

His wings fluttered beside his body, each feather rustling as their kiss deepened. The blue wings, that now looked silver bathed in the beams of the moon, flapped softly around them, giving a gentle breeze; the scent of love and loneliness tainting the air around them.

Their lips meshed together, as if they were trying to merge their lips into a single unit. A gentle moan escaped into the night air, mingling with the night breeze.

Arms wrapped tightly around one another. Lips locked together sweetly. Wings flapping softly with joy, as if they had a mind of their very own. The two angels stayed like that, until their breath had run out.

His golden eyes were locked completely on the shining silver lined eyes above his. Blues and purples swirling around in those windows of the soul. "Let me free you angel." he whispered, kissing the tender ear lobe of the angel in white.

The angel shuddered, his entire body breaking out into goose bumps. His shining white wings fluttered shakily behind him, brushing against the tree trunk. The blue wings that were enveloped around him, slowly lifted themselves to spread high above the angel that owned them. The tips pointed up to the sky, shadowing the boy on his lap.


"Let me. Free you. Angel." With grace, the boy lifted himself up from the lap of the blond, reaching his hand out. His wings stayed splayed out, the silver moonlight dancing over the blue feathers. They flapped, shuddered, swayed, folded and unfolded themselves. His pink hair twirled around in the breeze, strands flying into his eyes. Blue robes swished about over his smooth skin, as if they were in a never-ending motion. His eyes pierced into the golden ones that were below his.

As his hand moved to grasp that of the angel's above him, chains were suddenly wrapped around him, chaining him to the tree. His golden eyes were shocked, scared and pleading.

This had happened before. Whenever he tried to escape his prison, chains from the God above him would trap him here. Never had he left. Never had he fought back. He only sat idle until the chains dissolved on his skin and let him wander with a lonely heart...

He shook his head at the angel above him, with terrified eyes. "Go." he whispered. "There is no escape." He let his body go lax within the cold grip of the chains, sagging against the tree trunk.

He heard, rather then saw, the blue wings fall. The swooshing sound they made as they fell from their spread position, high above the angel who owned them.

They folded themselves, and lay still against the back of the pink haired boy. His periwinkle eyes were sad, and confused as he looked upon his golden angel in white.

Eyes closed, lips in a deep frown. Arms spread out, fingers curled over; black chains roped over the pale skin, cutting into the flesh. More chains crisscrossed over the chest, wrinkling the pristine white robes. His beautiful wings were in a half-spread out position, flat against the brown trunk of the tree.

Where the arch of the wing began, it was folded over, white feathers cascading down to splay out on the ground. More chains wrapped around the wings, trapping them against the tree. They tried to flutter, tried to move, but they could not. They only succeeded in trapping themselves more.

"Angel," he sighed, dropping to his knees to brush away some golden hair. "I will not go," he stated, his voice leaving no room for reason, or argue. "I will free you." He placed a gentle kiss on the forehead of the blond angel, smiling at him.

He pulled at the chains with all his might, yet never did they loosen, or break. They rattled, and became tighter with each pull. The angel in white opened his golden eyes and pleaded.

"Please," His voice trembled "Go. Please go." The endless tugging stopped, and silence began to creep its way back into the mind and heart of the blond angel. His eyes closed once more, for fear of seeing his angel in blue walk away.

He had thought for sure that his angel with pink hair had left, taking his sweet voice and song with him. He opened weary gold eyes and found his angel to be on his knees, looking as if in prayer. He could not hear anything, and so strained his ears again.

Small chanting began to seep its way into his tired mind. He was confused, but said nothing, only sat slumped against the rough bark of the tree; eyes closed. His wings still tried to free themselves, flapping and rustling. A few lucky feathers managed to escape into the night. They shone like bright beacons, disappearing into the black abyss of the sky.

He watched them go, and became envious. He wanted to escape and drift away as well...His eyes closed again, not wanting to stare at the open sky and wish for something he could never have.

Suddenly, the chains were gone, his wings shot open hastily, sending a fit of feathers into the air. "What happen--" his eyes widened, his heart raced, and his hands reached out.

There, before his eyes, was his angel in blue. Pink hair sparkling, robes still swaying...and twin blue wings lying bloodied in the dirt.

Pools of red blood seeped out from the wings, staining the glorious blues that colored the soft feathers. As they lay there, dead on the ground, blood seeping from the tops, bugs of all kinds began to ravage them. Dirt began to cover them, until they no longer shone. They were just dull brown, bits of blue peeking out.

It was as if the earth itself were eating those wings, bringing them back into the ground from where they came.

He wanted to cry. His own wings seemed to shy away, as if they could see the horrible massacre of the bright blue wings.

The angel, with pink hair, smiled up at him, tanned hands taking hold of his. Those hands were no longer warm; instead they had become cold. The eyes were still sparkling though, shining through the pain.

"I said I would free you angel. You are free." He gestured to the wide-open land, as if to say he could wander wherever he chose to. Gold eyes widened again, hands desperately clutching those cold ones that lay in his.

"Why?" He asked simply. It was a gross understatement to all the questions he had lurking in his mind, but only one could force itself to break free.

"My wings...are no longer important to me angel. You are." he smiled simply, despite the blinding pain he was in. Purple and blue eyes looked longingly towards his broken dead wings, lying eaten on the ground. The angel in white began to cry.

His tears rolled down pale cheeks, falling to the grass below them. They looked like crystal drops as they took the trek from his skin to the meadow floor.

"Don't cry...don't cry." he was saddened. "For sure you must be happy. You're free now!" as if to make his point, he tugged forcefully on the angels hand and began to walk him away from his tree...from his life, his home.

He would not miss it.

They walked together, slowly towards a place he had never seen. His angel in blue had large gaping holes where his wings once were. They had stopped bleeding, but the dried blood was crusted to his soft skin. It made him angry, to see that his beautiful elfin creature had done such a thing for him.

Was he even worth it?

"Angel...look!" he turned his golden eyes towards his boy in blue, and followed his line of sight.

Ahead of him, was a whole new world he'd never seen. The sun was rising over a new place, with different trees and flowers. New and old souls alike wandered about. Some mortal, some angels, some even demons, born-again.

He smiled.

Grasping the hand of his angel, without his blue wings to make him so, he began to walk towards the new life ahead of him.

He stopped when he felt a gentle tug on his hand. "I cannot go where you are..." he sadly gestured to his back, where he was wingless. "Be free...I'll stay here and watch over you angel." Another sad smile graced his rose lips; his own crystal drops of tears falling.

"No."

The angel in white embraced the boy with the flowing blue robes, tightly. He would not let go, for he would not live any sort of life without this boy beside him.

"Angel..." the pink haired boy broke the embrace and put the blond at arms length. "Go. You'll never have to live a life alone anymore. You can be free like you've always wished to be!" he gave a gentle push to his angel in white. His angel walked forward again, and would not let go.

"I'm NOT going anywhere without you." he hissed, blond hair glinting as the sun rose higher.

"You freed me...how can I go on without the one who cared enough to free me?" His lips found those of the boy in front of him, and they shared a tender kiss in the new dawn.

"I need you." the angel in white whispered, golden eyes locked steadily on the purple and blue ones in front of him. Then, he broke away, taking a few steps back. He too began to chant, on his knees; hands pressed together, fingers pointing upwards.

The boy in the swishing blue robes, gasped. "No... No angel. Don't! Don't do it!" he yelled, dropping to his knees. "Don't..." Fresh tears were making new tracks down his silken skin, splashing onto his robed knees, as he kneeled in the dirt.

When he looked up next, he saw his angel sitting there, twin wings still attached to his back. They fluttered gently and calmly. Golden eyes looked confused. "I don't understand," he sighed, "They were supposed to be gone..." he plucked a feather from his right wing and stroked it lovingly.

The boy with pink hair crawled over to him, wrapping his arms around his shoulders. "Angel...your wings are still needed..." He inhaled a deep breath of the blond scent, memorizing it.

"I still need you." was the reply he got.

"And you'll still have me. Always and forever." And with that, the boy in blue stood, brushing off his robes. He smiled and gave his angel in white a last kiss.

It was searing. Mind numbing. It turned their knees to water, set their skin on fire. It soothed their hearts and calmed their turbulent souls. "Go now angel. I love you." Again, he pushed the blond away from him, holding back his tears.

"No...I don't want to--" he was cut off, when he was shoved again. He tried to walk forward, but the pink haired boy was pushing him back.


"You'll be happier there. I will always be with you..." And with that, his boy in blue vanished. It was as if the wind had come and carried him away.

He felt tears sting his eyes. He said nothing, but stared at the sky. His golden orbs were transfixed on the bright blue morning sky, and its white clouds that drifted slowly by. He was alone again. His beautiful angel with the blue wings, expressive eyes and supple skin had left him. Left him...He could never hear that sweet voice again, never feel safe within the confinements of those notes.

As he stared at the sky, something caught his eye. It was floating down towards him, slowly. He blinked and held out his hand. The object fell gracefully into the palm of his hand.

It was a deep blue feather, small specks of light blue spotting themselves over the edges. His light hazel eyes widened. Gently, almost with hesitance, he brushed the feather against his cheek. He ran it under his nose. And he smiled.

Tucking the feather gently inside his white robes, the tip just peeking out, he heaved a sigh. The feather was very warm, where it was placed over his heart. It was as if his pink haired angel were holding him this very second.

'I love you' the wind whispered to him softly, surrounding him in those words.

He smiled gently, glancing upwards towards the sky. "I love you..."

He turned on his heel, and walked away into his new world.

~*Owari*~

...*blinks* I have NO idea what that was. I really don't. It just...wrote itself. *blinks again* Stupid muses...

I hope you liked it at least! As weird as that was...*runs away*