Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 38

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kyo slowly made his way back downstairs and saw Akira waiting for him.   “Well I hope you’re happy. I got a call from Nakano while you were taking your sweet time in deciding to face me. It seems that you were lucky and didn’t break Shindo’s arm. But it is severally twisted. I can only imagine once his boyfriend hears this he’s going to pull Shindo from the band permanently. Though he indicated he wanted to stay till his new career got off the ground I think you just ruined that.”   “I tried to apologize but…”   “After you did who knows what to him and nearly broke his arm, gee I can’t imagine why he wouldn’t accept your apology.”   “I-I didn’t mean to hurt him. But I just got so pissed off when he continued to talk about that boyfriend and even then couldn’t really give me a decisive reason for why he loves him.”   “You really are stupid, aren’t you?”   “What the hell is that suppose to mean?”   “Just what I said it means. Haven’t you ever heard the old expression that love doesn’t have to make sense?”   “Um, maybe.”   Akira rolled his eyes, “Then what did you see in Shindo that was different from your last boyfriend?”   “Um, well Travis was a lot different from Shu, but…”   “But if you can’t judge the difference…”   “That still doesn’t mean I have to accept the fact that his little pansy ass boyfriend wants something other than sex from our little Shu and I’m going to find out what!”   “So in other words you’re going to go marching to your death.”   “We’ll see! I bet he’s just a coward deep down and will cower in fear in front of me!” Kyo said with a laugh, then started citing the reasons he believed Eiri to be a coward.   “So, I was wrong, he’s not trying to march to his death, he’s going to go commit suicide. This is just what I needed.” Akira said with a sigh as Kyo kept ranting. “I guess Maria and her band Aurora Melody, will be keeping this gig for a while. I swear, it was bad enough I was going to have to replace Shindo, now I’m going to have replace Kyo. After he and Shindo’s boyfriend have it out he’ll either be in the hospital, dead or just wishing he was dead.” Akira shook his head and left to call and inform his parents of what was happening, only telling them that Kyo was having a mental break down rather than the truth. After all he didn’t want to freak them out fearing he was in danger, which he wasn’t. He wasn’t about to get in the middle of Kyo and Eiri’s showdown. Then he’d have to tell Maria about her temporary, possibly permanent gig till when or if new replacements could be found.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   Hiro had tried to talk Shu out of telling Eiri so soon, suggesting that he should at least wait a day or two till the hickey was gone. But Shu felt so guilty about what he thought might be considered cheating on Eiri that he wanted to do it now. That way he wouldn’t have to worry about what lie he should tell or how to remember he had told it. He knew that he was a bad liar and worse still Hiro had said that when he was sleepy or half asleep or had just woken up that you could ask the same question and get the truth. Hiro had learned this when he wanted an answer from Shu, he had earlier refused to give; he’d tried asking when he’d fall asleep in class and received a truthful answer. Shu wasn’t sure if Eiri knew this about him or not; but since Eiri seemed to know a lot of things he shouldn’t, he didn’t want to take the risk.   Shu steadied himself for what was to come, hoping he could handle it. He knocked on the door and waited.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   Eiri meanwhile was working on a new story since the one in progress on the computer would never work. He’d been appalled at the story that had been in progress. He didn’t think he could write anything that horrible. The characters seemed so flat and lifeless, with no real connection to the story. To top it off there were random words of English thrown in, with no explanation to their meaning for those who, like Shuichi, didn’t know English.   ‘Why in the hell would I do something like that? And why in the hell would Mizuki approve it!’ He had wondered.   If the story had been written after a long trip to New York, he might have understood. But even then it didn’t explain why Mizuki wouldn’t say anything or would allow it to go through no matter what the Eiri of this world may or may not have threatened. He wondered if this was normal. What had appalled him most of all was that the story appeared to be a sequel to another story he’d apparently written. That confused him most of all. How could you have a sequel when the main characters were dead?   After all Eiri Yuki never -  well okay once or twice after meeting Shuichi -  but almost never wrote a story that wasn’t tragic. Occasionally he’d write one where his characters lived - okay again only in those couple of stories he’d written after meeting Shuichi - but not happily ever after!   One thing he would not do – Shuichi or no Shuichi - was to write a sequel to  anything he wrote! People would sometimes clamor for more, saying he should do a sequel based on the minor characters left behind. But he’d steadfastly refused. Apparently he didn’t have the same thought in this world. He just prayed he didn’t write sappy happy ending love stories all the time here; otherwise these people were in for a big surprise!   He decided that simply writing his own story was better than looking into the crap this… person wrote. Eiri didn’t like to think this stuff could ever have come from any version of himself. He had even seriously begun to wonder if the Eiri of this world didn’t just use a ghost writer, rather than do the writing himself. It would make sense, from the rumors he’d heard about what he was like in this world -  it didn’t sound like he took a lot of time over his writing. That had to be it - he either wasn’t trying hard and threw down whatever popped into his head -  good or bad - or he had a ghost writer and only did a little editing here and there. The more he thought on it, the more the random bouts of English being thrown in would make sense if the latter were the case.   Eiri growled when he heard the doorbell. He figured it to be Mika or possibly Ayaka again. He doubted it would  be Tohma, but then again anything was possible. He knew if it was Mika or Tohma that if he didn’t let them in they’d barge in. No matter how many times he changes the locks they always manage to get keys to the place.   He opened the door ready to snap at whoever dared disturb him when he saw it was Shuichi. That was strange. He tried to rack his brain into remembering when he gave the boy his address, but as his brain was on a bit of overload from the story he couldn’t remember. So he shrugged it off as nothing. It wasn’t as if it really mattered. Besides the look on the boy’s face told him that something was wrong and before he could question it, the boy threw himself into Eiri’s arms, crying.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   A/N: Special thanks to Moon71 for helping me a bit with the last couple of chapters. Especially this one.