Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 43

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dinner with Mika and Tohma hadn’t been as horrible as Tatsuha had imagined. Though he didn’t miss Mika’s shots of ‘This will kill our father, knowing both of his sons are gay!’ He thought it to be an extremely strange comment, as last account he had, his brother was still married to Ayaka. Sure he’d heard rumors and read in a couple of rag magazines that Eiri had been seen with either a girl who appeared his age and underdeveloped or a girly boy. The reports were all vague, so he could only assume it was due to either Eiri or possibly Tohma trying to keep it under raps for as long as possible. But surely those were just rumors. He didn’t really see his brother as the type to go after a boy. But then again after seeing what he was like after New York he’d been surprised that Eiri had agreed to marry Ayaka to begin with. If not for his fear that Mika would tell their father about him and Ryuichi he’d have asked. He knew his father would go threw the roof over this for a number of reasons. The fact that Ryuichi’s a guy would be the first and foremost reason, and their age difference would be a close second.   Afterward they went to NG and Tohma issued a pass to Tatsuha and he got to watch Ryuichi sing. He was thankful Tohma went to his office to work.   “Here Tats, you can hold Kumagorou.”   Tatsuha blushed, “Wow, um thanks Sakuma.”   “Tsk, I told you it’s Ryu!”   “Sorry, Ryu.”   “That’s better.” Ryuichi said giving Kumagorou to Tatsuha before disappearing into the recording studio.   When he finished he came running over to Tatsuha.   “Tats, Tats what did you think of my new song!” Ryuichi asked excitedly.   “It was great, what’s it called?”   “Full moon of my love.”   “It’ll be great! I can’t wait till it comes out.”   “I’ll make sure you get a copy!”   Tatsuha’s eyes lit up, “Really, thanks!”   Just then Noriko came in with some cookies. “Ryu, I got some cookies.”   “Yeah! Cookies, thanks Noriko.”   “No problem Ryuichi.”   “I’m Tatsuha Uesugi, it’s an honor to meet you.”   “Ah, yes, Tohma’s brother-in-law.”   “You’ve heard of me?”   “When we were first getting started Mika would go on tour with us and we’d talk.”   “I see. So do you bring cookies all the time?”   Norkio laughed, “No, I signed up at the start of the school year to volunteered to help out on some things at my daughter Saki’s school. This time I had to make cookies. So I made some yesterday and took them down to the school today. But I also made enough to bring as a treat to Ryuichi.”   “You’re the best Noriko!” Ryuichi said, with cookie in hand.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   Eiri got a text message from his lawyer saying they really need to meet. Knowing his next deadline wasn’t for months he had nothing pressing he had to do. He had told Mizuki that the story is as is. If something doesn’t work get one of her assistants to fix it, as he’s done with it. She must have seen something as she didn’t press the issue as she normally would have. In reality it was because he didn’t know anything about the story, so how could he correct it? Though he was seriously going to look to try to see what all this worlds version of himself did with the time he should have been writing. He knew he was a playboy and went clubbing a lot but surely that wasn’t all he did.   Ms. Natsumi, his lawyer, was in her office waiting for him. So he sat down waiting to hear the discussion.   “Well Mr. Uesugi I have almost all the paper work finished for Mr. Shindo. The only thing remaining is the salary. I haven’t been able to get in touch with Mr. Seguchi on this matter. But his secretary sent me a fax stating that this was to be the salary.” Ms. Natsumi said handing Eiri the fax.   Eiri looked at it then said, “This is a joke right?”   “That was my reaction. I’m not certain if that’s an introductory bid and he wants us to counter or if he’s serious about that till he sees how well the band is accepted. However, if you read the fax it’s practically saying that that’s the permanent salary.”   “I’ll handle this. Do you have an idea of what the starting numbers should be?”   “I’ve never personally worked with anyone in the music industry before but I know a few people and this is the number they recommend.” Ms. Natsumi said handing Eiri a piece of paper.   “Good right it up and another contract.”   “Another?”   “I’ll need one for a Hiroshi Nakano.”   “Shindo indicated when I talked to him on it and the salary issue that he wasn’t going to ask.”   “You asked Shu about the salary. What did he say?” Eiri asked curious.   “He said I should talk with you as anything he’d say would be too excessive or not excessive enough. Plus you would be upset that you weren’t consulted no matter what he said.”   “Those exact words?” Eiri asked not believing Shu would use big words like that.   “No not in so many words.”   “Well Shu still has yet to ask but I’m confident that he’ll agree. So write it up and fed-ex it over to Seguchi’s office.”   “And the salary?”   “Leave it off for now. This is simply Seguchi’s way of forcing me to visit. You said you haven’t talked to him, meaning he wants to discuss this and other things that are non of his business. It’s simply a tactic. Everything else was in perfect order except that correct?”   “Yes.”   “That’s all this is then. He’s exact with his business. When asked he will simply put this as an error of his secretary. I’ll deal with it.”   “Very well. Good Day Mr. Uesugi.”   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z A/N: I still don’t know where to have Eiri and Kyo’s showdown and only one person has offered any suggestions. So to make it easier on those who refuse to review or can’t decide, I figured out a way to solve the problem, hopefully. FF.net has a polling feature, so at the top of my profile is a poll click on it. It has a list of choices as to where the showdown could take place. So PLEASE vote as the sooner you vote the sooner I can figure out where and when the showdown happens.   I don’t know if there’s ever been a real record of Eiri’s lawyer’s name. The name I used is from a series I’ve seen only a few episodes of and its called You Are Under Arrest.