Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Sometimes Life Can ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Sometimes Life Can
Author: Water Sprite/Kimihiro (I'm too lazy to change it for each site =^-^=)
Disclaimer: ... Yeah, right... If I claimed this they'd be able to take the five dollars I found on the ground away from me!! We all know that the genius Murakami owns our lovely Gravi boys and no one can say otherwise!
Rating: PG-13 This is more of a "just to be safe" rating anyway... I suck at rating things! ^_^V

A/N: Just a quick note before we start. I've been getting a lot of comments on my self-censoring. You know: s**t, d**n, c**p, ect. Firstly, I want to apologize to anyone I've offended by not cursing. Secondly, I'd like to explain this. I do not cuss, but I feel that it would put the characters terribly out of character if they didn't. So, to remedy this-- I don't cuss, and they do. Got it? And with this explanation, I hope to stop the flames that I've been getting souly on this subject-- it's a little annoying. If you chose to flame, please make sure you do it about something that's worth my time to read. Thanks and I hope that you all understand!

~*~

Yuki shrugged further into the warmth. Since most of it was near his head he pressed his face closer to his heat source-- which oddly enough, smelled exactly like Tohma. Why the h**l did his pillow smell like Toh--

Oh, that's right. Great, now his head hurt. Pressing further into the coat Tohma had undoubtedly flung over Eiri as he slept. D**n endearing habits-- Shuichi had a few of those. Yuki groaned when the name popped into his head.

"Shhh, everything will be okay," Tohma's soothing voice calmed Yuki almost instantly. "I hope you're having a wonderful dream-- reality can be so harsh sometimes."

Yuki smiled into Tohma's lap, so endearing. "Idiot," Yuki husked out. "If I were asleep and I let out a moan like that, would I have been having a good dream? Really, think about it," Eiri propped himself up on his arms what were resting on Tohma's legs.

Smile. "True, you can't blame me for wishing you sweet dreams though," Tohma gave a small bubble of laughter and Yuki smiled back. Tohma leaned his head back onto the couch and began running his fingers through Eiri's blonde locks. Being as used to this as he was, Yuki merely leaned into the soft caresses and relaxed.

Sighing inwardly, Yuki wished for a little more from the man giving him such attention-- Tohma had always done this, he just didn't seem to be doing it often enough lately. After all these years Yuki was not going to start asking for things that he had been forever saying he didn't need.

Tohma began to run his fingers through a particular spot behind his ears-- which had Yuki practically purring. This put an odd thought into Yuki's head, Shuichi had left because of several things, one of them being Yuki's inability to express himself. Now, Yuki realized that Tohma would never leave him, but Tohma had been getting a little more distant-- perhaps it was time to attempt a little self-expression? Yet, the question was: how did one go about this self-expression thing? He knew it was most likely worth the try, this more distant attitude did not fit his Tohma one bit. And yes, Tohma was his, he always had been, it also went the other way-- he did what Tohma told him to, always.

Steeling his resolve, Yuki put out a tentative hand and laid it on the arm Tohma wasn't using, he began to run his thumb over the smooth skin. He enjoyed the feeling, it felt oddly nice returning such a favor. He allowed his eyes to drift shut.

Tohma's, however, were jolted open as soon as he felt Yuki's hand lay on his arm. He stared at it in utter fascination when he began to move his thumb back and forth. There was no doubt that it did, indeed feel very pleasant, the only thing was-- Yuki simply wasn't one to show any type of affection-- to anyone. It was then that it hit Tohma, he remembered why he was here and what had most likely caused Yuki's sudden show of fondness towards him. Shuichi was gone, and Tohma was now the temporary replacement.

Yuki had always had people chasing him for various reasons, his looks, his money, his fame. He had grown tired of it, Tohma had been the one he would go to, knowing that Tohma wished for none of that. The truth of the matter was, he didn't, he truly didn't want any of it. No, instead, he wanted the real Eiri Yuki, the one that existed then and the one that existed now. He had never vocalized these feelings because of the knowledge that Yuki saw him as the only one that he could get close to without the fear of him falling for him for any reason, not just the wrong ones. So, in truth, it didn't matter that Tohma loved Eiri for Eiri and that it was more than a fleeting feeling. All that mattered was that Yuki felt safe near him, that he felt loved the way he needed.

With that thought fully settled in his mind, Tohma permitted the wandering thumb to continue along it's path, uninterrupted as he lay his head back again, smiling slightly bitterly. Yet, everything was going to be okay.

~*~

They had both fallen into an half sleep, half wakeful state. Yuki was the first to be snapped from this when Tohma's hand began to move once again through his hair, Tohma took no notice of his own movements. Yuki couldn't quite grasp what he found so special about moments like these, they were nothing more than a few precious minutes that he could have been working and yet he had opted to slack off.

Being the genius romance novelist that he was, he figured out after a time, that it wasn't the actions that made these moments so comfortable-- it was the company. Tohma was always one to relax him, to make him feel a little more at ease than he would with anyone else, and no matter what he was doing or where he was, he would not hesitate to drop it all to come and see Yuki if he even so much as hinted that he needed someone to talk to, yell to, gripe at-- lean on.

It was obvious just how much Tohma cared for Yuki-- it had always been obvious-- but Yuki was just beginning to realize how much he truly needed that devotion from this person. He was well aware of the fact that Tohma did not love him in that manner-- he would just have to deal with that, he was relatively sure he could.

The clock chimed and Yuki shot up, "It's five o'clock?!"

Tohma calmly glanced at the clock, "I suppose it is."

"S**t! I had a deadline to make last night, I don't really know what happened, but I didn't make it," Yuki stood and began to make his way towards the little office, grumbling. And he was gone.

Tohma stared at the door he had disappeared behind and whispered, "I'll be here if you want anything, Eiri."

~*~

Hours passed and Yuki was still locked in his office, and Tohma was seated on the couch, in his pajamas, hair still mussed, staring out the window-- attempting to sort things out.

"Shindo-san left Eiri-kun because-- things were becoming too stressful? No, perhaps it was more because he was genuinely worried about those around him," Tohma paused and finally decided that this did indeed sound more like the light-hearted singer he knew. He wouldn't be able to forgive Shuichi so easily, but he could try to understand why Eiri was now "alone" so-to-speak.

Tohma wished that he could find a way to comfort Yuki in his time of need but the author had managed to slip away and lock himself up again-- expertly evading Tohma's attempts to help. "Well d**n him anyway," Tohma chuckled, a little spitefully.

He glanced at the clock on the wall, the one that had given Yuki the out he needed to shell himself up-- it was now seven-thirty. The president of N-G looked down at himself-- he was still in his pajamas. "Well this is a little awkward."

Standing, Tohma went to grab the phone off of the table and walked into a back room to dial a number-- so he wouldn't bother Yuki while he was working. "Yes, Koske-san, I would like to do me a quick favor. Yes, I would like you to gather some of my clothes and have them sent to Eiri Yuki's household as promptly as possible. Yes, that would be fine. Oh, I'd say about three days worth, that should be more than enough. Um-hm, thank you, good-bye."

"Three days worth of what, exactly, Seguchi?"

Tohma whirled around to see Yuki standing at the end of the hallway, hands on his hips and eyebrow cocked. "W-well, I figured you might need a little help around the house for a few days until you were sure everything was okay; so as you may have suspected, that was an order for clothing." Tohma stood there, waiting for Yuki to tell him that he didn't need any help around the house, that he didn't want any help-- all he did though, was grunt and walk passed him into the bedroom behind Tohma and walk back out with his glasses.

Yuki stopped at the end of the hallway again, only this time, his back was to Tohma. "You can entertain yourself for a while, can't you? I promise won't take too long," he said sincerely.

"Uh, y-yes, of course I can." A nod and Yuki was back in the office, typing away.

Tohma, on the other hand was left standing in the middle of the hallway, stunned and completely unable to move. Had Yuki, his Yuki, just... done that? What happened to the resistance? Where did the worry come from? Why didn't Yuki yell at him?!

Tohma found his way back to the couch and sat down heavily, just waiting, thinking, and wondering.

~*~

Yuki sat down at the chair in front of his desk and sighed. It was true that he didn't have too much more to go-- it was just that he couldn't figure out how to end it. Sure he knew exactly what he was going to do yesterday, but thinking back on it now, it didn't seem that great. "There has to be something that I can do to fix it," he muttered to himself.

Rereading the previous three pages, Yuki groaned, that ending definitely wouldn't work. He decided to completely change the ending. There would be no room for spin-offs of what he had been thinking-- it was just too far off the mark.

He had been planning on actually ending the story happily, letting the characters have their way and just put them together-- he knew that would never work. They simply had not interacted well together, not only that but there seemed to be some definite character flaws that were completely unchangeable at this point. Character flaws are needed, yes, but when they conflict so harshly with the supposedly "complimenting" character it was near impossible to plausibly put them together.

What Yuki had in mind was letting an unexpected character in at the very end. The best friend had seemed to fit better in Yuki's mind anyway, but he had, for some unexplainable reason, been unable to change the couple he had already arranged-- which was extremely unlike him. Normally he was able to tear any two people apart, except for in the last few books. Now, it seemed he would have no trouble at all with it-- and if that wasn't disturbingly telling, he didn't know what was.

"Fine, I won't argue," Yuki sighed to himself as he began to re-write his ending.

~*~

First things first! My lovely reviewers!

MediaMiner:

Renchio: Thanks for the review!! I love to hear constructive criticism... It always helps and not nearly enough people give it! I'm so glad to hear that you liked the story as well! I really hope that in this chapter Tohma's not so OOC-- I have trouble writing his character-- I tried! I hope you keep reading and keep on likin' the fic anyway! Thanks lots! Oh, and just to let you know, the A/N at the beginning wasn't in anyway directed toward you... There were quite a few others who decided to comment on my little self-censoring butt, yet the decided to do so quite nastily. Once again, thank you for readin'! ^_^

Gurabiteshiyon:

JadeHeart: Woo-hoo!! Dialogue comment!! I worry a lot about how the dialogue is between characters (especially these two, they’re so hard to write!!!! T~T), so thank you for the happy-happy review!!!

purple_rain: YAY!!! I’m so happy you liked it! And you shall definitely find out… that is, if you’re still readin’ my little ficcy here!

SNIKERS: Ummm, yeah... So thanks for the review even though it had absolutely nothing to do with the story. It was good to know that someone read it... even if they didn't like it because of my slightly annoying habits... I hope that you could understand what I meant even with all those hard to read stars in there! Much luuuuve to you too, na no da... XP


A/N: Well, that took one heck of a long time to write! Okay, so it actually only took two days to write... you wanna know what took so long? ::whisper:: I forgot about the story! ::end whisper::

Yeah, I'm a sad excuse for a writer and I know it! w::0::0::t! So, wanna tell me what you thought of it? You should... 'cause I'm kinda at a loss, and reviews always help. So even if you didn't like it-- review so that I can finish it anyway. Thankies!!!