Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Surprises ❯ K's Proposal ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He had the radio up as loud as he could. Why at that particular moment, he didn't know and he really didn't care. K just knew that he wanted the music up loud.
 
As the music played and he tapped his pencils like they were drumsticks, slender arms wrapped around his waist. A warm kiss landed on his neck.
 
“You're in a good mood,” came the quiet comment.
 
“Shouldn't I be?” he smirked, twisting slightly so that their noses touched. “I'm dating the most beautiful and most talented woman in the world.”
 
“You say that now,” Judy pouted. “But what will you say six months from now?”
 
“Hmmm,” K paused thoughtfully, twisting even more so he could wrap his arms around her. “I think I'd say how the hell did I get so lucky to be dating the most beautiful and most talent woman in the world?”
 
“And a year from now?”
 
Again, he paused then kissed her lightly before replying, “I don't deserve to be with the most beautiful and most talented woman in the world.”
 
“I think . . . I rather like the sound of that,” she purred, nuzzling his neck. “But only coming from you, Claude.”
 
“Good,” he replied, pulling her close. “`Cuz I'd hate to think that there's someone out there, trying to win my girl over.”
 
It had only been a few months since Judy had made her confession to him, but they'd been the best months of K's life. Of course, because they were getting involved with each other, they'd had to seek out another manager for Judy. And K wasn't going to settle for just "anybody" for Judy. A few well-placed phone calls and he'd found her the best manager possible. Next to him, of course. Then, once the calls had been and they'd found a suitable manager/agent, the fun had started and refused to let up. Nice dinners together (not necessarily romantic all the time but on the occasion that they needed to be), curling up on the couch and snuggling . . . chasing Judy around the bedroom then house . . .
 
'There's only one thing left to do to make everything perfect,' he grinned to himself, kissing his girlfriend on the lips. 'She isn't even going to see it coming.'
 
His hands sliding from her waist to her buttocks, K let out a happy sigh.
 
“I'd ask what that sigh was for,” Judy teased, “but I know you're not going to tell me.”
 
“Oh? What makes you sure about that?”
 
“Because you haven't told me yet,” she winked then rolled to the side. “Come on, darling. We're going to be late for our reservation!”
 
K growled slightly in frustration as he watched her dance away.
 
“You're going to make me chase you again, aren't you?” he raised an eyebrow at her.
 
“Maybe,” she chuckled. With that, Judy dashed out of the room. Feeling rather unsatisfied with only a few kisses, K bolted after her. The reservation at Tokyo Wako could wait . . . for a little while.
 
* * *
 
Dinner had been a rather quiet affair. Since Judy had chosen Japanese instead of the Olive Garden, K had settled on an alternate plan for his surprise. Being in the military had taught him that it was best to be prepared for the unexpected.
 
'And Judy has that knack for being unpredictable,' he smiled, relishing the feel of her hand in his as they walked along the California shoreline. Above them a full moon hung. K gazed up then shook his head. It couldn't have gotten any more romantic than that. He stopped, drawing her close as he did so. There was no turning back.
 
“Baby, what is it?”
 
'Here goes nothing.'
 
“There's something I'd like to ask you,” he murmured then dropped to one knee. Judy inhaled sharply, her eyes going wide.
 
“Judy Winchester . . . will you marry me?”