Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ the commercial ❯ the party ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
“Poor Raina-san!” I took Yuki’s hand and led him to the stage to dance.
Yuki just dismissed the entire idea. You may think it weird that Yuki and I are dancing and yet no pink-haired freak is raving his/her pants off. Well guess what… we have an excellent bodyguard…

“Demo Yuki is in there! I have to get in!” I saw Shuichi outside the door trying to force the guard to let him in. I just had to laugh!
“I’m sorry but the hostess told me to allow those with invitation only…” Saitou gave him an evil grin.
“NANI?!!!” Shuichi jumped up and down trying to see what was going on inside. Unfortunately Saitou’s height didn’t agree with his and he couldn’t see a thing! I made a mental note to congratulate Saitou and probably treat him to some soba!
“Excuse me… but you’re really starting to annoy me…” I saw Saitou flash the cold steel of his sword at Shuichi. The poor kid’s eyes widened at the sight of it! “Now you either get out of here or I stick this in your ass and make it come out of your big, loud, mouth.”
The sound of the music was deafening but my keen kitsune senses didn’t allow that to block their conversation out!
“Who are you looking at?” Yuki stopped dancing and looked directly into my eyes.
“Oh, no one…” I decided to concentrate on my time alone with Eiri Yuki and leave Saitou to handle the little girl. Besides… I’d bet even Yutaro-kun was enough to keep Shuichi from the studio.
Later… it was about 1:00 pm and the party was over. Yeah… Duo and the guys had to get to their restaurant. I could have sworn I saw Heero scoff at Yuki just before they left. Ooh… poor baby, I better do something for him later… the others were also busy and had to leave and Hiro was already feeling sorry for Shuichi so we cut the festivities short.
“Saitou-san?” I called, poking my head out the door.
“He’s gone.” He said simply as I held the door open to let him in.
“I can’t believe you killed him!”
“Aho… I didn’t kill the poor thing. He’s not worth the effort.”
“I was kidding Hajime.” Geez! Doesn’t he know about acting? This guy doesn’t have a sense of humor… or at least not a normal one. Well… not as if I did.
“Shouldn’t you start shooting now? I’ll get your director.” He went in the direction of the dressing room where we left Raina-san.
“I’ll tell Yuki to get ready.” I scanned the set for Yuki, the cameramen were still trying to reload the film. People were cleaning up and Yuki… well, Yuki was smoking… again.
“Ne! you have to quit that!” I said going towards him.
“I know. But I can’t.” he said quite casually, throwing the half finished cigarette on the floor and stepping on it.
“Do you want me to make you?” I said drawing closer to him.
“Can you?”
“I believe so…” I was just about to kiss him when…
“CUT!!!”
“Raina-san?” the director came along. I gave a sigh and turned to go to them when Yuki grabbed my hand and walked beside me.
“How could you do that to me?!” I observed that Raina-san was red with anger as Yuki and I walked hand-in-hand towards her and Saitou.
“Well we were bored and you made the scene more boring.” I said casually.
“Nani?!”
“Come on Raina! We’re behind schedule!” I said pulling her towards the set.
“Now she tells me…” I saw her sweat dropping behind me as I dragged her on the floor.
“Now tell me what to do and I’ll do it. It won’t be too hard. It’s just a commercial anyway… we’ll be done by this afternoon. Or… do you want to have lunch first? Since you’ve been stuck in your dressing room for a few hours.”
“No thank you. That friend of yours was kind enough to HIT me with food.” She said angrily pointing at Maya.
“Hontou? Arigatou Maya-chan!” I said waving at her.
“No problem!” she said.
“Why is she here? She’s not aloud in here!” Raina asked by now extremely annoyed at the bouncing used to be Egg.
“Well… she was also bored and her boyfriend, my best bud had to go to school. We had a fight the other night and I thought bringing her to the studio would fix things and keep her occupied.”
“by occupied you mean busy TOINKING me?!”
“Hai!” I replied, smiling. “Eh? Ne? Raina-san? Why are you crying?” I asked innocently.
“It doesn’t matter… Wardrobe! Make-up! Take Serena to her dressing room and fix her up for the take!” and suddenly half a dozen people appeared practically carrying me to the room!
“What are you doing to my hair?!” I asked as one of them sat me on this rotating chair thing and one of them was pulling on my hair.
“The commercial has a blue theme so your make-up, clothes even the roots of you hair have to be blue.” The stylist said.
“Blue?! Why not red? Or black!? Silver!” I liked blue… but blue just seemed so… ordinary. Well I couldn’t argue with them. It was evident that Tohma decided on the theme. Or Raina would have asked me what color I liked.
Oh well… for the next few minutes or was it hours? Raina’s minions were busy buzzing around me and I, ever so bored and sleepy sat back and watched as drones put BLUE stuff on my face and hair.
I wonder if Yuki is getting mobbed like this? Or probably Tohma let him choose the theme. Baka… that infernal gay… I thought.
I shut my eyes like this weirdo told me to. He was of course applying the eye shadow. And next came the eyeliner! God! I usually go to parties but I have never put on this much stuff before!
This is getting annoying. I couldn’t even breathe with all those people around me! I felt like I was going to faint!
I shut my eyes tight and tried to imagine a wide-open field! I didn’t know I was claustrophobic! I felt like a swarm of giant ants were poking at me! I wanted to scream! Then… they stopped. I opened my eyes and I stared into pleased faces. Pleased by their masterpiece no doubt. If they were anything like Raina I’d say I look like a freak from a strip bar!
“Don’t you want to see yourself in the mirror?” one of them asked.
“M—maybe later…” I said, unsure whether I wanted to see how they ruined my hair! Make-up I can easily remove! But if they dare mess the hair up…
“Why not right now?” they turned the chair to the right and I thought I saw someone staring at me funny like and she wasn’t half bad for someone who had… oh, stupid me! no duh! It was my reflection! Brilliant Serena! You can’t even recognize yourself in a mirror! Talk about faulty brains!
“Whoa! This is better than my last undercover disguise! Who are you guys? I need your phone numbers!” I exclaimed. They curled the ends of my hair and yes, as they said they would be the roots were blue. The eye shadow was also blue, however it was of a lighter shade with silver and my lips were pink and glossy.
I wonder why they had to put so much stuff just to get this simple effect? Oh who cares! Just so long as I don’t look like a prostitute I’ll be happy!
“Next of course are the clothes…” said this freaky guy with a synthetic leopard skin barrette and a face painted white.
“Okay? Where are they?” I asked, waiting to see some dumpy outfit.
“Here it is…” he said revealing a short backless dress. Blue of course. It was almost see through but the scene would hopefully be dark. It was beautiful!
“Mr. Tohma picked it out himself.” One of them said and handed me a silver necklace, the pendant had a blue jewel in the middle and I was extremely flattered.
“He said you could keep it after this was all over.” He added.
“Oh my god…” I said as he put it on me, the jewel gleaming in the light.
“What is taking them so long?!”
“I’m here!” I called. I walked out the dressing room and looked at Yuki who dropped the cigarette in his mouth the minute I stepped out. I blushed red! Which was clear since I was wearing blue! No duh?
“Wow!” Raina led me to where Yuki was.
The set looked like an entire room ripped from a palace and relocated here in the studio. There was a luxurious bed all covered in blue silk and the marble was of high quality. There was a glass table with a bucket of ice and some sort of blue drink next to it. The curtains were flowing… obviously they had some sort of fan behind the set to make it look like wind was blowing through…
I saw Yuki was sitting on the bed… staring.
“Yuki! You’re going to give yourself eye strain!” I said blowing him a kiss.
I would have been staring too! His shirt was unbuttoned and it didn’t look like they fixed him up to me… but of course he never looked hotter! Especially since the lights and atmosphere were just right…
He coughed a few times and stood up, shoving his hands into his pockets. “When do we start?” he asked acting all impatient.
“Now.” Raina replied. “Serena, we’ll just prompt you with the script.”
“Hai.” I said
“So, the scene is… Yuki is sitting on the bed and you come in like a ‘smoldering seductress’—“
“Smoldering?” I interrupted. “In blue?”
“Don’t interrupt! Okay so… you draw closer to him and then you kiss passionately! What you do after that is up to you!” she said obviously visualizing some malicious scenes, and though I could read her mind… I didn’t want to see the evil mental pictures Raina-san had of Yuki and me!
“OOH!!! B-LUE!!! You’re wearing blue!” Maya said toinking Yuki.
“Dame! Maya-chan!” I shielded Yuki from the harmful fan.
“Serena-san! You’re wearing B-LUE too!!!” She said and continued toinking everyone else! “The lights are BLUE!!! That’s BLUE!!! Blue… blue… blue…” she continued, singing…err…chanting to herself and toinking Raina incessantly.
“Someone stop this… this… this… whatever it is!” Raina said turning red again.
“Ne? Maya-chan? I brought you something…” I said, taking out an album, marker and a huge lollipop from who knows where! [I do but I won’t tell! Heheheh!]
“Yay!!! Lollipop!!!” Maya jumped and I let her have what she wanted.
“Arigatou!!! Serena-san!”
“I have a surprise for you…” I said opening the album and showing her all of Eiji’s baby pictures. I handed her the marker as well.
“AH!!! Are you sure I could?” her voice sweet and innocent.
“Oh sure! Go ahead! Knock yourself out!” I said encouragingly, winking at her.
“Yey!!!” she took the marker cap off slowly as if she were about to perform surgery! Then to our surprise she started to doodle rapidly on Eiji’s baby photos! I noticed that the lollipop was still in her mouth. We were all sweat dropping…
“Oka….y?” Raina was relieved that Maya wasn’t toinking her anyway… and so we continued to shoot the commercial. Raina-san’s so-called masterpiece!
“Lights! Cameras!”
“EGGS!!!” Maya interrupted.
“YURUSE!!!” Raina screamed at her.
I was alarmed! I looked at Maya and saw her all teary-eyed. “Wah!!!” oh no… she started crying!
“Maya! Daijoubu! She was only kidding! Raina-san! You made Maya-chan cry!!!” I said rushing to Maya and giving her hug.
“Ooh… someone’s in trouble now!” I heard Yuki say.
I took out one of my white rose and threw it in the air and instantly it turned into a rose whip. “Not only is Tohma gonna hear about this… but I think we should take 5 and… you,” I turned to her and flashed an evil grin. “Start running…” I said, rather coolly.
“You ruined my Edge vandalization time!!! Thus you must pay!!!” Maya said getting up and revealing the Holy Paper Fan of Doom!!!
After the 2-hour long chase, Raina-san is now walking around in a cast and Maya is back to her lollipop and Dood-duh-Ling. And I? I was drinking a margarita waiting for everyone to settle down and get that commercial shoot going.
“Okay people! Places!” Raina-san called. I took my place behind the door, or the prop that was supposed to be a door anyway.
“Lights! Cameras!”
“EDDY!!!” Maya screamed again.
“Sh---“ I glared at her with my ice cold, blue demonic eyes. “I mean—err—Take one!” Raina continued and all was silent… all except for Maya that is…
“Coloring, coloring! Color… B-LUE… B-LACK! B-B-B-LUH… oh I don’t know! Oh, well!” the little girl used to be Egg sang to herself and continued to doodle on the album. “Eddy’s so cute! Ooh! Eddy’s nakey!!! Eddy’s all nakey! Dood-duh-Ling! Dood-duh-Ling! Look at Eddy’s butt!”
I chuckled and yelled… “CUT!” I approached Maya-chan who for some sort of reason got hold of ‘abnormally large crayons’… “Ne? Maya-chan? Where did you get those?” I asked pointing at them.
“My friend Crayon gave them to me! Aren’t they Puh-ritty?” she asked showing me the box of ‘abnormally large crayons’.
“Oh… that’s nice!” I said. “Maya-chan we need a little time to shoot some scenes. Would you be quiet until we’re done?” I asked nicely.
“Otei… but you have to give me another lolly!!!”
“Alright…” I said, opening a portal and grabbing a box of lollies from my room. “There! Will you watch quietly now?”
“HAI!!! Oops! I meant… hai!” She said in a soft whisper.
“Good!”
Yuki was getting impatient but he couldn’t do anything for fear of upsetting THE EGG.
And after about 333 more takes…
“Lights! Cameras!” she paused… “ACTION!”
I made my entrance and walked gracefully passed the pedestal where the stupid bottle of the Master Facial Cleanser was.
The set was dark and I could barely see Yuki. As I was supposed to do I whirled around and took two steps backward and right on cue, Yuki caught me and I felt his arms clutching my shoulders. He started kissing my neck and I felt like I was going to explode! I reached for his neck… I needed support… badly! I was loosing my balance, I shut my eyes and felt him turn me towards him and we sank onto the bed his arms moved from my shoulders down to my back sliding slowly…
“OOH!!! I’m going to tell Konzen!!!” my head snapped up. I saw Maya pointing at me all giddy and bouncing around.
“CUT!!!” Raina yelled. Oh god… I was partly upset and partly thankful she did that. I felt as if the excitement of the whole thing was going to consume me in flames! Not that I haven’t gone further… but with Yuki… something was just… I don’t know… different.
“Ba-ka…” I said under my breath. I tried to get up, but Yuki was still holding me tight. “Yuki? You plan on letting go?” I asked looking at him under me. He was grinning… and those eyes, focused into mine… AAH!!! I felt like that nutty woman who was praising him and when he held her hands blasted off like a rocket! I felt like doing the same thing if only he didn’t have me in his arms. If only I could hide in a portal or something!
“You’re shaking,” he said.
“Oh… am I?” he grinned and loosened his grip and we both got up from that ‘awkward’ position.
Later on I convinced Maya that we were just make believing and that none of what was going on was actually real. Yes… I actually did! After a long debate and two more boxes of lollipops, that is… she was content. And we were all tired. But hey! At least I get to do the scene over, right? One more shot. No more being nervous and hopefully, no more interruptions… wait a minute! I was struck by the most splendid idea!
I made my way to Maya again after apologizing to Raina and asked her to come with me to the dressing room.
“Hai? Why’d you call me?” she asked, probably hoping for more lollies!
“I need your help…” I said sitting on the table.
“What is it?” she asked as she ripped at a lolly wrapper.
“Well you know when I said you should be quiet and stop ruining the takes?”
“Hai, hai!”
“Okay, so after we finish this days shoot… I want you to destroy everything on the set, do you understand?” I said smiling devilishly.
“EVE-RYTHING?” she asked jumping up excitedly.
“Yes! Everything! Especially the cameras and the film okay?”
“Okay!!!” She said excitedly waving her fan around. “But how do I know when?” she asked stopping abruptly from her celebrating.
“Uhm… when Yuki and I leave the set. I’ll help you set it on fire if you’d like.” I suggested.
“Iie! I can handle it! Like what I did to your computer!” oh damn… how can she smile so innocently?!
“H-hai… like my computer…” I felt like crying but… no matter as long as I can repeat the scene with Yuki over and over I don’t really care!