Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ War Of The Heart ❯ V ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Disclaimer: I do not own anything relating to Gravitation and I do not claim ownership to any of the characters in this story. I am simply a tremendous fan of the show and I wanted to write a fanfic. Please don't hold that against me. The only character that belongs to me in this story is Kakeru Kaze.

A/N: Here's chapter five. Eiri may be a little OOC and I'm really sorry if he is. This chapter is told from Eiri's POV.




War Of The Heart: Chapter V


I don't know how long I sat on that bench, I was completely oblivious to time. I'd been lost in my own thoughts since the moment I'd sat down and had barely noticed anyone that happened to walk by my so when I heard approaching footsteps I ignored them. What I couldn't ignore; however, was the weight of someone sitting beside me.

I knew who it was without even looking. Kakeru Kaze had finally come to rub salt in my wounds. Reluctantly, I looked up at him, giving him my most loating glare, "You won, you got what you came for, so why make your happiness my misery? Why not just take Shuichi and go?"

The man beside me sighed, "I honestly don't know why Shuichi sent me after you. You have absolutely no faith in him at all."

"Why should I have faith in him? I saw the two of you together, I'm not stupid!"

"Ah, but you are stupid, incredibly stupid. Anyone who knows Shuichi would know that he'd never hurt anyone like that, especially you. It's my fault you saw us like that. I slipped sleeping pills into Shuichi's lunch and then arranged us on the bed. When Shuichi woke up he demanded I find you and explain." Kaze stated.

I stared at him in utter shock. I wanted to kill myself for not knowing Shuichi better. Through my shock I managed to ask Kaze one question, "Why?"

"Why'd I do all this you mean?"

I nodded and waited patiently for an answer. Kaze sighed and looked at the city skyline, a nostalgic look on his face, "When we were younger, Shuichi and I lived next door to each other, he was my first and only friend. At school, the other kids made fun of me because I looked different, I was small, and I was smart, but Shuichi protected me. I know he doesn't seem like the type that could protect anyone, but back then things were different. Shuichi was probably the most feared kid in our school, simply because he knew how to pick fights he could win.

"Things were like that from the day we met, but it didn't last. Shuichi probably never told you why he lets people put him down all the time, but it's my fault he changed. You see, my father died before I was born, but my mother felt I needed a father in my life so she remarried. One day, Shuichi and I were doing our homework in my living room when my step-father came home. We knew he was drunk the moment he entered the room. We thought he looked funny, staggering about and knocking things down, but when he picked me up and threw me into the wall things stopped being funny.

"Once I was down, he rounded on Shuichi, throwing him into a wall as well and knocking him out. Realizing Shuichi was out cold, he turned back to me. The look in his eyes reminded me of the look the school bullies often had before beating me up, a look that begged to see pain and blood. By the time Shuichi came to my step-father had managed to rip off most of my clothes. I was in such severe shock by that time that I couldn't even move. Shuichi, on the other hand, managed to get him away from me.

"That night Shuichi was literally beaten to within and inch of his life, all to save me. My step-father told the cops that he had come home to find Shuichi trying to rape me. I tried to tell them he was lying, but not even my mother believed me. They thought I was too traumitized to think clearly. Needless to say, after that I wasn't allowed near Shuichi. They even dragged me off to the United States in order to keep me away from him.

"My parents forbade me to even try to contact Shuichi, but I told myself that once I was on my own I'd find him and I did. The day I arrived here was the day after my 18th birthday. If you had seen a twelve year old Shuichi lying in that hospital bed all bruised and broken, I garuntee you you'd do anything to prevent it from happening again. It wasn't until he yelled at me that I realized by hurting you I was hurting him. You protected him by hurting that Aizawa jerk. Keeping Shuichi away from you would've been a horrible mistake."

All I could do was stare at him, his story shook me to the core. I suddenly realized that Kaze was more than an obsessive creep, he was like me and Shuichi and Tohma. He was cold like me, overprotective like Tohma, and surprising like Shuichi. Sighing I stood up, "C'mon, we better get back, Shuichi probably has a lot of pent up yelling waiting for us."

Kaze nodded and stood up as well, "We deserve everything we have waiting too." I nodded back and we began walking in silence. Suddenly, Kaze spoke again, "Hey, Yuki-san?"

I glanced at him, "Nani?"

"I'd like to be friends with you, if you can forgive what I did that is."

"I suppose I could, for Shuichi's sake. Besides, I need at least one of his friends to like me, Hiro still hates my guts I think. You're not such a bad guy Kaze, you're just a little messed up."

At that he looked at me and grinned, "I can say the same about you Eiri-san."

~Tsudzuku minna-chan!~





Well, what'd everyone think? Do you all still hate Kaze? I told you he had his reasons. Anyways, thanks to everyone who's reviewed so far, hopefully the next chapter will be the last. You shouldn't have to wait too long for it, I've been on a writing roll lately. Well, ja ne.

~Frozen Midnight~