Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ War Of The Heart ❯ IV ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Disclaimer: I do not own anything relating to Gravitation and I do not claim ownership to any of the characters in this story. I am simply a tremendous fan of the show and I wanted to write a fanfic. Please don't hold that against me. The only character that belongs to me in this story is Kakeru Kaze.

A/N: Well, here's chapter four. I hope you all like it.




War Of The Heart: Chapter IV


When Shuichi's lunch break ended and Shuichi didn't return to the studio, I decided to go check on my genki lover. If he was on his way, I figured I'd see him as I headed for the apartment. Unfortunately, I arrived at our apartment building and still had not spotted Shuichi. 'He's probably still chatting away with that obnoxious little friend of his.' I thought spitefully to myself as I stepped into the elevator.

Upon reaching the apartment door, I leaned my ear against is and listened for Shuichi's voice. When I heard nothing, I decided it was safe to go in, after all, I wouldn't want to interrupt Shuichi telling his odd friend every good thing about me. Seeing no sign of Shuichi or Kakeru in the living-room, I put away my coat and made my way down the hall.

As silently as possible (sneeking up on people is immensely entertaining at times), I made my way down the hall, peeking into every room as I passed. Finally, after looking in every other room, I found myself standing in front of our bedroom door. I slowly turned the doorknob and pushed the door open, the sight that greeted my eyes; however, made me wish I had never come opened it.

Had it been later in the day, I probably could have missed the sight that lie before my eyes, but the light that flooded through the bedroom window revealed everything with disturbing clarity. My Shuichi lay on the bed, the bedsheets pooling around his waist and his bare torso exposed to the light of the late-afternoon sun. Had circumstances been different, I would have said Shuichi was breathtaking; however, seeing my lover wrapped contently in the arms of one Kakeru Kaze clouded my vision.

It is said that when a person gets extreamly angry, they see red. Well, the moment I laid eyes on that scene, all I could see was black. Every negative emotion I could possibly fathom was bombarding my senses. Pain, hate, greed, jealousy, betrayl, doubt, sadness, lonliness, and emptiness, they were all present and they weighed down my heart terribly. For the first time in my life, I ran away. If you know anything about my relationship with Shuichi you probably think I'm lying, after all, I did leave him a couple times, but that was because I knew I'd cause him more pain if I stayed. I ran to protect Shuichi from myself, this time though, I ran away to protect myself.

My heart was so heavy as I ran out of that apartment that I didn't even think to grab my coat. I needed the cold, I needed it to freeze my heart and numb the pain. When I finally stopped running, I found myself in the park, our park. Whenever Shuichi was upset about anything, he always ended up here. 'Even when he breaks my heart, I can't stay angry with him.' I thought degectedly as I sat on a nearby bench. I was so lost in my pain that I don't even know when the tears began to fall.

************************************************************ ***************************************

~Back at the Apartment...~ (Kakeru's POV)

I heard the bedroom door open and quickly tightened my hold on Shuichi. Slowly, I managed to open one of my eyes just enough to see the figure that stood in the doorway. Yuki Eiri looked as if someone had ripped his icy heart out and promptly flushed it down the toilet (stepping on it wouldn't have produced such a hurt look). Deep down, I suppose I felt sorry for the captivating writer, but the pity was buried beneath my joy at winning the war. The author thought himself to be so smart, yet he doubted his "love" so easily.

I had achieved my goal, I had rescued Shuichi from that heartless bastard. Eiri only assured my victory by running away like a coward. Beside me, Shuichi stirred. I watched silently as two violet eyes opened and looked around in confusion. Soon his sleepy eyes settled on me and I saw the moment that his mind registered what was going on.

Faster than I could blink Shuichi was out of bed and glaring at me, "Kaze, what did you do?" he asked me angrily.

"I rescued you." I answered simply.

The anger was suddenly replaced with confusion, "Saved me from what?"

"From the abusive jerk you've been living with of course."

"Eiri? You let Eiri see us like that?"

"What's wrong with that? We weren't doing anything, if his perverted mind jumped to conclusions it's not my fault. Besides, he was awful quick to doubt you."

Shuichi stared at me in silence for a few minutes before narrowing his eyes at me, "Kaze, you drugged me then made it look like I'd slept with you so that Eiri would go away, didn't you?"

I simply nodded in reply and he sighed, "Kaze, you can't do this stuff. I'm happy with Eiri, he may act cold sometimes but he had a rough past, just like you. I know why you're doing this but Eiri doesn't. I think you need to go and explain."

"Are you sure about this Shuichi, I really think you'd be happier without that jerk."

"Yes, I'm sure. Now go find Eiri and explain!" and with that Shuichi pushed me out the door. If Yuki Eiri could make Shuichi happy, I'll do everything in my power to find him.

~Tsudzuku minna-chan!~





Well everyone, what do ya think? I know Eiri's OOC...sorta...but hey, everyone's gotta break down sometimes right? As for Kakeru, he's not so bad ne? I think in the next chapter I'll let you in on why he's the way he is. Till then, ja ne.

~Frozen Midnight~