Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Yuki & Shuichi ❯ Scene 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yuki & Shuichi
 
Summary: A story of two star-crossed lovers. The love of two enemies.
 
Scene 6
 
That night, Yuki slipped through the streets like a shadow and scaled the wall into the Shindou's garden. He hid and gazed at Shuichi's window.
 
Suddenly the balcony door opened above and Shuichi stepped out, without noticing him.
 
Yuki gasped, “But, soft! What light through yonder breaks? It is the east, and Shuichi is the sun. It is my lord; OO It is my love: See! How he learns his cheek upon his hand: O! That were l a glove upon that hand, that l might tough that cheek!”
 
“O Yuki,” He heard him say to the moon and the stars.
 
O Yuki, Yuki! Wherefore art thou Yuki? Deny thy father, and refuse thy name; or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Shindou. `Tis thy name that is my enemy.”
 
The Yuki stepped out of the shadow of the oleander bushes into the bright moonlight and called up to him. “I take thee at thy word. Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized; Henceforth l will never be Yuki.”
 
Long and tenderly they spoke and did not notice how time passed, until the nurse called for Shuichi. “I must go,” she said. “But Yuki, if you love me so much that you would marry me, then send a message to me tomorrow. I'll send my nurse to meet you, at nine o'clock. Good-night, good-night. Parting is such sweet sorrow that l shall say good-night till it be morrow.”
 
Yuki leaned against the tree and whispered, “Sleep dwell upon thine eyes, peace in thy breast! Would l were sleep and peace, so sweet to rest!”
 
When his room went dark, and the sky grew pale, Yuki turned to go.