Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Groove Adventure Rave: A Very Groovy Christmas ❯ Smells like Christmas Spirit ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Groove Adventure Rave: A Very Groovy Christmas
By Adam Carr

Groove Adventure Rave and all related names are copyright of Kodansha and Konami.
No infringement is intended

The final chapter! All that's left fot me to say, is Merry Christmas, and a hell of a good year!
Next month, you can expect the next chapter of my Rave novel, the Tenshi Quest!

www.kodanclub.com
mariasart.cjb.net
www.tokyopop.co m



Elie stomped into the kitchen, seething all the way. How dare Let do that to her friend. Couldn't he see she only wanted to be friendly with him?
Remi approached her. "What's wrong with Miss Seria? She's out there crying her eyes out."
"I know. Come on, can you help me calm her down?"
Remi nodded, and the two opened the door that led outside. They found Seria sitting on a step, her face buried in her knees. They silently sat next to her.
"Seria? Can we talk?" Elie asked tentatively. The mermaid nodded mutely.
"Look Seria, you shouldn't get so worked up over this. So you wanted to get a bit closer to Let…"
"A bit closer?" Seria wailed. She looked at her friend with teary eyes. "You don't understand. I love him. I want to be with him."
"You're wasting your time on that jackass if you ask me." Remi said. "I can't see why he would dump you like that."
"I know!" She cried. "I'm just not as beautiful or as nice as his old girlfriend."
"WHAT!!?"
"I know he's hurting inside. I just want to help him get better." Seria sobbed. "But he must know, I can't do for him what his Julia did to make him feel better."
"That's a load of crap!" Elie shouted to her face. "You can be just as good as Julia was, better even. And he needs to understand that."
She held her friend tight. "You are extremely beautiful. And if Let can't see that, then I don't know what's wrong with him to make him want to forget you."
Seria had stopped crying. "Maybe you're right. Maybe there is something wrong with him. Prehaps he's afraid to commit."
Elie facefaulted. "That's not quite what I meant. But you should talk to him. At least to see if he really is interested in you."
"I should. If only to know the truth."
Remi stared at her. "You really like this guy, don't you?"
"I do." Seria looked wistful. "I know he seems cold… but he's just really lonely."
She stared up at the sky, her friends staying by her side until she was ready.


Aniki stepped up to the Karaoke machine. He glanced over the crowd. The guy in the karate gi was talking to the cowboy, two other guys were arguing in the corner, the big tramp was still on the couch, and the babe in the red dress had followed the crying girl with red hair. Otherwise, everyone seemed occupied.
He looked over at Kobun A and B, who were poised ready at the staircase, ready to run up and pillage the place.
He looked over a few songs on the machine, then gasped as he found a particular one. He grinned. He was about to pull off a successful robbery, and his favourite song was here. It really was Christmas.
As the music started up, people turned to face him. He struck a pose, launched into a terrific riff…

"I like big butts and I can't lie!
You other brother's can't deny!
When a girl walks in…"

Nakajima looked in horror.
"Good God. It should be a war crime to sing this."
While he watched, he didn't notice two figures sneak upstairs.


Cattleya led Musica into her room. He looked around, feeling a bit bemused. Cattleya still had that cunning smile.
"Okay.. so what did you get me?"
"Close your eyes." She giggled.
"Er… kay." He closed them, and could hear Cattleya moving about.
"Don't peek." She warned.
The sound of her feet quickly touching the carpet made Musica wonder if she'd gotten him something large, like a TV and was struggling to carry it.
"Okay. You can look."
Musica opened his eyes…. And they proceeded to leap out of his head.
Cattleya stood before him, wearing nothing but a very sheer, almost transparent black lacy bra and panties. A red ribbon was tied around her throat, and she still wore the cat ears. Her face bore an endearing blush.
"Surprise." She said softly. Her eyes looked hopeful, but began to sadden when Musica said nothing and stared in shock.
"What's wrong Hamlio? Don't you like it?"
Musica regained the power of speech. "Buh? Uh I mean, great! Yes you look great! Your boobs look… urrrrhhhh!" He clasped his hands on his head, obviously flustered.
Cattleya glided over and took his hands. He calmed down, and looked at her tenderly.
"Sorry I went mad back there."
"It's okay. At least I can say to the store this stuff really drives men wild."
He gave a gigantic grin. "This was the last thing I was expecting." He stroked her hair. "And you look totally beautiful."
"Oh Hamliooo!" She cooed, leaning her head on his chest. He put his arms around her.
They were like that for several minutes, before Musica said. "Well, that's enough sentiment. You wanna…"
"Oh yes, please."
She separated from him, and dimmed the light in the room. She had to strain her eyes slightly to see Musica struggling to get out of the hamster suit as fast as possible.
"Oh. Leave the ears on." She smiled. She glided over to him. He wrapped his arms around her, and in the dark, leaned in to kiss her.
The two pressed faces and lips for what felt like forever. Somewhere in the lusty haze she was experiencing, She felt herself being carried and lowered onto her bed. She could just see Musica's face smiling in the darkness.
"Your brother's really gonna hate me for this."
"Well, he can just go to Elie to remedy that."
As Musica laid himself on the bed, Cattleya climbed on top of him, and caressed his chest. A moan escaped her lips as his hands began to stroke her back.
As she felt his hair tickle her chest and his nose dive into her cleavage, she suddenly felt something else. A hand on her bottom.
And it wasn't Musica's.
"Kobun. You done in here?" A voice hissed. "I need your help in the next room."
Cattleya bolted up and looked behind her to see one on the carol singers. But his coat was gone, revealing his skinny features and buck teeth.
"Who the hell..?" She growled.
"Ahhhhh! You're not Kobun!" The man screeched. "Er…. I mean, sorry! I thought this was the toilet!"
He ran out, and Musica looked up to see a pair of jiggling buttocks. His brows furrowed
"Nah. I must be seeing things. Yeah, I'm so horny I'm hallucinating…" He said to himself.
His train of thought was interrupted as Cattleya locked lips with him.


Aniki looked around. No doubt the boys were busy looting the place. Now was the time to sneak up, bag the goods and make their escape.
He quickly nipped upstairs without anyone noticing.


With Griff, Plue and Ruby out for the count, the rest of the alcoholic punch was up for grabs before Elie could take it away. And the person who has grabbed the most was Matesu. He was making conversation (or bragging) to Ethan, who was also rather soused.
"Fifty tigers. Fi..fifty tigers had surrounded me `n Haru…" He swigged his drink. "And I had one ch…chance to do my Slash Oooooverdrive attack. So I…"
Kiriko, who was standing nearby, sighed. "Actually, there weren't fifty tigers ."
"Oh. I lie. There were twenny tigers surroundin' Harry and me.."
"There were two. Two old tigers."
Matesu glared at his friend. "Oh what do you know? Your best weapons lie in your bra."
Kiriko silently fumed. After that booze wore off, he'd get his…
"Wellllll…." Ethan slurred. "I once faced a giant robot controlled by Demon Card. It was fifty feet tall, no a hundred!"
"Sweetie." Angela grabbed his arm. "I think its time we left."
"Yeah. I think I need a rest. Let's leave this loser alone…"
"Heeey!" Matesu shouted. "I'm not a loser. You're a loser."
Ethan looked him in the eye. "Oh yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah!"
"Yeah?!
"YEAH!! I was a much better sidekick for Haru than you were."
"Huh! I beat up at least a hundred different monsters with him.
"I beat up 200!"
"I loaned him my sword.
"I made new ones for him.
"He got up to Level 20 with me.
"I got him, Elie and Musica up to Level 20 with me."
Kiriko and Angela looked at the two, then each other oddly. What were they talking about?"
Matesu squinted angrily. "Well… I bet Haru had to guard you most of the time, since you're probably a crap swordsman."
"You may make swords, but can you fight with them?" Sneered Ethan.
"Hell yeah!" Matesu stumbled over to the hall, and returned with his Terranova Sword and Ethan's Eliemental Blade. He tossed it to Ethan, who barely caught it.
The two readied into fighting positions, though you could hardly tell the way they kept stumbling and waving their blades around.
"Maybe we should stop this…" Angela began.
"Nah, let them." Kiriko smiled. "We can step in if it gets nasty, and it should teach them a lesson.
Angela watched carefully, still concerned over her man's well being.
Ethan grinned crookedly, the only one he could muster. "I believe I'm about to open a can of whoop-ass on you."
"Bring it on, bitch."


"Let, you had no right to just brush off Seria like that." Haru said sternly. Let's eyes were narrowed down.
"Believe me Haru, I didn't wan to upset her. But this is better for her."
"Better for her?" Haru growled. "She obviously wanted to get together with you, or at least see if there could be something between you and her? Why didn't you let her?"
Let sighed. "I'd only hurt her later. I would fail her."
"Yeah right…" Realisation hit him. "Is this about Julia?"
"Yes it is!" The warrior snapped. "I failed to save Julia. I tried my hardest but I couldn't save her." His eyes looked sorrowful. "I do care for Seria. But I won't subject her to the same fate."
Haru rolled his eyes. "Come on Let. You can't let the past cloud your choices in the future. I mean, look at me. Not a day goes by I wish I could have saved my dad, or Musica wishes he could have saved Reina or Elie wishes she could have met her parents. But we can't change the past. All we can do is move on, and make choices that bring us forward, not back. Are you going to let one thing you did wrong haunt you the rest of your life? You think Julia would want that?"
Let blinked. "When the hell did you turn into an intellect?"
"College does that to you." Haru grinned slightly. His face turned serious again. "Look, I don't know if you want to go out with Seria or not. But if you don't at least explain why you did that to her,or don't tell her you care, that is the worst thing you can do."
His eyes looked determined. "I was afraid to tell Elie-chan my feelings. I thought it was unfair to her as I kept dragging her into my troubles. But we both realised, we needed each other." He held Let's shoulder "You need someone Let, and maybe Seria could be her."
Let nodded mutely. The Rave Master was right. Seria really did care for him. But the past made him afraid to be near her.
His eyes narrowed. His race didn't know fear.
"I'll talk to her after the party."
Haru smiled, then noticed the commotion in the corner. A crowd of guests had gathered around Ethan and Matesu, who were having some kind of mock sword fight. Either that, or they were too drunk to fight properly.
"What the heck?"
"It seems they're putting on a small exhibition." He watched as Ethan swung his sword and missed Matesu completely. "I think."
"Cool." Haru smirked at the two's antics. "Heh, I'll get the Eisonmeteor and show them how it's done.
He ran upstairs, leaving Let alone with his thoughts.
"Seria, I really care for you… Seria, you have been in my mind… no, Seria, I…." He huffed.


Solacido looked around. He couldn't see his sister anywhere. For that matter, he didn't see Musica either.
The two collided in his brain, and he did not like the image that appeared.
Gritting his teeth, he grabbed his weapon from the hall and stalked upstairs.


Kobun B entered the bedroom. Where Kobun A was waiting. "What happened? Did you get lost?"
"Well, yeah actually!" He responded. His mouth turned into a smirk. "Actually… I accidentally walked in on two people doing it."
"It what?" Kobun A scratched his head.
"You know… it?"
"It?"
"IT!!"
"Ohhhh, IT!" Kobun A grinned. "Hey, you wanna peep?"
"Please! It was dark, but I think it was the hamster guy and his girlfriend. That guy was really tall!"
"Fine. Let's just clear this room then." The fatter man grinned. "There's some sweet swag in here anyway. Like this…"
From behind him, he produced the Eisonmeteor. The blade glinted in the low light.
"Pretty sweet eh? I reckon we could get.." He noticed his partner's ashen face. "What's wrong?"
"Kobun…" He breathed. "Haven't we seen this sword somewhere before?"
Kobun A examined it more carefully. "No, I don't think so."
"I'm telling you, we've seen it somewhere before."
"I don't recall.." Suddenly, an arm shot out of nowhere, grabbed the sword and yanked it away. The two spun to face their foe.
Haru Glory, his hair now out of its ponytail, glared at them. Wordlessly, he took Rave from its place around his neck and placed it in the sword. The blade glowed, and transformed into Melforce, the sword of wind.
Kobun A snapped his fingers. "Ah! Now I remember it!" He then saw Haru's face, as the Rave Master lifted the sword up.
"I also remember this.." He gulped.
"BLADE TORNADO!!"


Solacido crept upstairs. One room was to the left of him, and he could see Haru's name on the door. Of the other two on the right, one had the door open. And he could hear movement. Narrowing his eyes, he crept over and entered.
The room was almost pitch black, but Solacido could see well enough to see a jiggling mass moving in the corner. Gritting his teeth, he moved forward.
"Get the hell off my sister Musica!" He bellowed. He jabbed his throwing star into the moving shape.
"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" The scream sounded oddly male and female.
A bedside light was switched on, and Solacido was confronted by a skinny man with large eyebrows and the biggest ass he'd ever seen. The man, clad in a skin-tight black leotard, rubbed his behind.
"You fool! What did you do that for?" He then blinked and looked at Solacido. "Who the hell are you?"
"I could ask you the same thing." Solacido glared at the man.
Aniki trembled. "Er… Look! A three-headed monkey! Behind you!"
Solacido grabbed the thief's suit and yanked him up.
"Bugger! That never works!"
He was thrown into the hall. "Now you better start talking, or…"
"BLADE TORNADO!"
From Haru's room, a massive gust of wind erupted, blowing Solacido's hair wildly. Two other men with large buttocks flew out the room, and crashed on the floor near Aniki. Haru ran out, holding Melforce.
"Solacido, hold them! It's the Ketsipuri Gang!"
"Who?"
The door to Cattleya's room opened, and Cattleya appeared. "What the hell is going on here?"
Five pairs of eyes stared at her dumbly. Haru was shuddering in shock.
"Sis?" He whimpered. Cattleya then realised she was still in the tiny bra and panties.
"EEEEEEKKKK!" She wailed, and ranback into the room past Musica, who was clad in only his underwear.
His eyes shot open. "What the…"
"Musica…. Sister…. OH GOD!!" Haru screamed. "MY EYES!!!!"
"Musica." Solacido smiled. "Guess you really are committed to Cattleya. "
"See? I told you." Musica shrugged. He moved next to the green haired man, transforming his necklace into his familiar pike.
Solacido grinned wider. "Incidently, Cattleya is pretty hot…"
"Don't say that around Haru.." Musica breathed.
Haru, now recovered, pointed his sword toward the Ketsupuri, who were trying to get up. Musica and Solacido stood ready on the other side. The three thieves hopped upright, and took a dramatic pose.
"So, Haru Glory!" Aniki bellowed in his most confident voice. "We meet again, but this time, the advantage is ours!"
"Er, advantage? You have none." Haru puzzled.
"Oh I know." Aniki sniggered. "I've just always wanted to say that."
He and his partners took what looked like fighting stances. "But if you think you're taking us to the police, you can think again!"
The three backed against the wall and reached deep behind them, feeling around their lower backs. With a flourish, they each pulled out a long pole, quarterstaffs, from out of nowhere, and brandished them in a fighting stance.
Haru, Musica and Solacido stared in horror.
"Oh God, don't tell me you just pulled those out of your…"
"No no! They collapse and fold in our back pockets." Aniki assured. He demonstrated, then retracted the staff again. "Now, En Garde!"
Haru rolled his eyes, swung the Eisonmeteor forward…. And was blocked by Aniki. He gasped.
"Heh heh." Aniki sneered. "Didn't think we'd actually be good at this, did you?"
He whacked Haru in the chest, sending him backward. The Rave Master quickly recovered, and shot forward at Aniki.
Nearby, Musica and Solacido were pressed back to back, as they fended off attacks from the two Kobuns. Musica managed to keep Kobun A at bay using the length of his pike, but Solacido was having trouble getting through Kobun B' attacks with his shorter range weapon.
Kobun B leapt in the air with a war cry toward Solacido. At the same time, Kobun A rushed at Musica.
Seeing Kobun B in the corner of his eye, he swiftly turned around. Solacido also changed direction, and flung his weapon at Kobun A. It whacked him on the head. At the same time, Musica intercepted Kobun B in the air, hooking him with the staff and slamming him into the ground.
Musica glanced back at Solacido, who gave an approving smile.
"Haru?" Cattleya's voice called from her room. "Hamlio? Are you alright?"
"He's fine." Haru replied as he blocked another assault from Aniki. "At least until we finish these twerps off. Then I'm going to kill him."
"It was my idea."
Aniki gritted his teeth and charged toward Haru, who now stood near the top of the stairs. As Aniki was within hitting distance, he jumped up and over, dodging the swinging staff. As he flew in the air, the sword transformed in Explosion.
As he landed, he swung around and jabbed the tip of the sword in Aniki's buttocks.
A small explosion occurred, the blast sending Aniki rocketing down the stairs in flames.
"YEEEEAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!"


Ogre looked around anxiously. Where the hell was Glory? He couldn't continue the plan if he wasn't here in the room with everyone else. He noticed that Elie was gone as well. Maybe the two were getting it on. Lucky man. For now.
His interest returned to the fight that was occurring in the middle of the room. The green-haired guy in the dress and the brown-haired man were swinging their swords at each other, missing more times than hitting. On the side, their girlfriends were cheering them on.
"Come on Matesu, hit him!" Kiriko called.
"Good grief! You can do better than that!" Yelled Angela.
"Show that idiot who's boss!"
Angela glared at the other woman. "Hey! My Ethan's more of a man than your guy."
Kiriko looked at Angela's Julius outfit. "Actually, I think you're more man than both of them."
"Why you little…" Angela leapt at Kiriko, and yanked at the hair. The two females fell between the tussle of their men.
Ogre laughed. All things considered, this was the best party ever. Maybe Christmas wasn't so bad after all….
No. He had to concentrate. He'd gone too far now. Onigami would be avenged…
Let hadn't noticed the fight. He was too wrapped up in his thoughts. He looked up, and saw Seria walk in with her head low, closely followed by Elie and Remi. Elie looked at him accusingly.
"I believe you have something to say Let?"
"Er… yes." He focused on Seria. The downcast look in her eyes almost broke his heart.
"I want to apologise. I had no right to do that to you."
She looked at him hopefully.
"But you see, I'm afraid I may not be the man for you. I care…
"OH MY GOOOOODDD!" Elie screamed. "What the hell are they doing?!!!"
For the first time, Let noticed the fight, and was in time to see Matesu fly backward and hit the tramp Oggy in the face by accident. Oggy didn't take kindly to it.
"You wanna fight you little twerp? I'll give you a fight!" He leapt into the fray.
Let cracked his knuckles. Seria looked at him concerned. "Let?"
"I'll see if I can stop those idiots." He looked at the women behind him. Elie now seemed to be breathing hard, but looked grateful. And Seria looked frightened.
"Please be careful."
Let smiled. Even though it was just a drunken fight, he felt he had to succeed. For her sake.
He moved toward the brawl, and shot a hand forward to knock out Ethan, but was blocked unexpectedly by the tramp. Gritting his teeth, he directed a punch toward the large man.
Elie wiped her sweaty brow and turned to the stairs. "I'm gonna… get my guns… put a stop to this." She said weakly.
She could hear sounds of a scuffle upstairs. This was followed by a small explosion, and a scream, which was then followed by a man in a black leotard flying down the stairs with his ass on fire. He landed in the brawl, and was closely tailed by two other black clad men flying though the air.
She blinked as Haru, Solacido and Musica, who wore only his underpants, raced down and began beating on the men, joining in the massive fight.
People stood cautiously at the edges of the room, watching and cheering on the brawl. It was hard to tell how was fighting who, though glimpses of Angela yanking Kiriko's hair, Musica attacking Ogre, or Aniki bitch-slapping Let came into focus.
Eventually, Elie lost her nerve.
"HARU!! If you don't stop this RIGHT NOW, you'll never see me naked EVER AGAIN!!!"
That was enough to get Haru to stop fighting and begin to restraint the others. He assisted Let and Musica in restraining Ethan and the Ketsupuri.
Ogre moved to the edge of the room. He had let his guard down and let rage overcome him when he'd been attacked. But now Glory was here. No more need to delay. He threw off the dirty jacket, revealing his usual clothes.. and a small bomb tied to is chest. He pulled a switch device and a handgun out of his pocket.
"NOBODY MOVE!!! I have a BOMB! YOU HEAR ME? BOMB!!
People began screaming and running from the room at the sight of the tall oni. The Rave warriors, now joined by Cattleya, looked in shock.
"Ogre!" Haru cried angrily.
"Oggy…?" Elie stammered.
"Ogre…." Growled Seria.
"Okay, I am sooooo out of the loop here… who the heck is Ogre?" Solacido asked.
"He was the leader of Onigami…"
"Correct. WAS the leader. You took that from me Glory, and now, its payback time!" Ogre yelled.
Elie stepped forward, looking more angry and fatigued than ever. Her breath came out in gasps.
"Ogre… you jerk…. How dare… you… ruin our… party….."
Then her eyes closed and she collapsed. Haru dropped his sword and caught her.
"Elie-chan!"
Ogre blinked. "Is she okay?" He heard himself ask, oddly.
"She's been working too hard." He looked at the oni pleadingly. "Let everyone go. It's me you want. We can settle this outside, just let them go."
The Ketsupuri nodded. "Yeah! We love that idea! Go with it!"
"No deal! For the glory of Onigami, I'm taking you all with me!"
Seria glared. "What is with you? Can't you even find some Christmas spirit in that heart of yours?"
Ogre's eyes suddenly went berserk, as if a barrier within had been broken. He pointed his gun at the mermaid.
"SHUT UP ABOUT BLOODY CHRISTMAS!!!!"
Let jumped in front of Seria, as if knowing what was to happen. A second later, Ogre fired, the bullet hitting Let's shoulder. He fell to the ground.
"LET!!" Seria immediately came to his need.
Ogre swung his gun around. "I'm so sick of Christmas. The stupid parties, the stupid songs, the stupid everything! What the hell do you people like about it?!"
Haru stared. "I think we're more interested in why you hate it so much. Did all Onigami hate Christmas?"
Ogre stood still, focusing on the Rave Master. Images of the Onigami swam into his head…
"No… not all of them. Doryu did, but some others… liked this time of year…." He said distantly. "I kinda liked the parties…"
"Is that your problem Ogre? Your miss your friends?"
Ogre gasped. It sounded so stupid, and yet… Glory was right. He did miss them.
His eyes narrowed again. "Yeah, you're right. And it's thanks to you that they're gone!" He fingered the switch. "Kiss your ass good…"
"You fool…" A voice croaked weakly.
Let pulled himself upright in Seria's arms. Blood spilled from the gash in his shoulder. Ogre glared at him.
"Got some last words, lizard boy?"
Let stared at him in comtempt. "Look at you. Willing to throw your life away. And for what? Just so you can honour your old allies and that bastard Doryu. I know you never liked him. And now you want to do this, just to remember him?"
"Oh screw Doryu! I'm doing this for the Onigami. The friends he took from me!" He pointed at Haru.
"And I once devoted my life to killing the man who took someone dear from me. And even then, I was not able to get over her passing."
He tilted his head up to look at Seria. Even in the current situation, he felt she looked beautiful.
"But I've learned now, I don't need to bury myself in the past. It's gone now. The only way I can ever feel better is to move into the future. Let go of the past and turn my life around. You could do the same."
Ogre gritted his teeth. "You can't help me."
"And blowing us all up is going to help?" Look, you can't continue living for Onigami like this. If you want to honour their memory fine, but not like this. Do something positive."
"Like what?!!"
"Well.. whatever you want."
The Ketsupuri jumped. "Don't encourage him!!"
"But don't feel pressured to just follow your old life, your old obligations, unless you feel it will count for something." Let wheezed. Seria held him tighter.
Haru stared softly at the now shaking oni. "Ogre, I've seen you enjoy this party. Somehow, I know you would rather do that than waste your life. And everyone else's. Please…. Don't do this. We could be friends?"
Ogre blinked. "You… want to be friends?"
"Well yeah. Everyone deserves a second chance."
Ogre slapped his forehead in shock. "Well… man… no ones ever done that…"
He grinned. "What the hell! It's worth a shot!"
At that, everyone gave a relieved cheer.
"Alright!" Musica walked up to Ogre and tapped the bomb. "Now take that thing off…."
The he saw he'd tapped a button. A clicking noise could be heard.
"You idiot!" Ogre yelled. "You started the secondary timer!!"
People began screaming again.
Musica could only say "Oh dear."
Ogre ripped the bomb of his chest. Haru ran up, holding the sword. He yanked it from Ogre's grip, and ran outside with it.
In the cold air, Haru threw the bomb in the air, then released a mini- tornado from Melforce. The bomb was hurled high into the sky, until it disappeared into the night.
Ogre and the others gathered around the Rave Master and looked up at the sky. Suddenly, the sky was lit with a massive ball of flame, illuminating the house.
The crowd gasped in awe. Ogre blinked.
"Damn. In retrospect, this whole plan seemed kinda stupid.
Ruby, who had been laying on the floor unconscious the whole time, jerked his head up.
"DING!! Pies are up!!" Then he collapsed again.


Ow! Let winced as Seria dabbed his wound with iodine. "Easy, please."
"Sorry. The mermaid dabbed around the area again, all the while looking at Let. She felt so relived that this wound was nothing serious.
"Let… why on Earth did you just throw yourself in front of the bullet like that? I mean… you could have gotten killed."
"I've had worse." He gave a crooked smile. "And besides… What if I hadn't? I've lost woman in my life already. I wasn't about to lose another."
Seria blushed. Somewhere, a new confidence filled. She stared into his eyes. "Well, I'm very glad you did."
"I know."
"No you don't." She leaned in closer. "If you hadn't saved me… I wouldn't have been able to do this…"
She touched her lips to his. Let's eyes shot opened. The sensation of her lips…. He'd never thought to feel like this again. His hands curled to her back, stroking the skin.
She smiled. "Sorry, but I had to let you know…"
He leant her head onto his chest. "It's alright." He smiled contentedly. "One of us had to get this relationship started."
She looked at him, eyes shining. "You mean…"
"I'm willing to be with you Seria. If you want me…"
"Yes, yes!!" Seria hugged him tight.
"OW!!"
"Sorry!"
Let just smiled wider.
"Care to dance?"


"Elie-chan…. Elie…."
Elie opened her eyes, to find herself laying on a bed. She turned to see Haru and Cattleya, looking concerned and relieved she was alright. Some other figures were behind them, but her vision was blurry.
"How do you feel?" Haru asked.
"Tired. What happened?" She asked quietly.
"You fainted." Cattleya replied thinly. "You overworked yourself. I told you to take it easy, but hey, since when have you listened to me?"
"Oh man." She pulled her knees to her chest. "Some host I am. The first big party I hold, and there's a drunken fight and a bomb threat by Ogre." She beamed a smile at Haru. "But you took care of him, right Haru-maki?"
"Er…" Haru pointed to the people behind him. Elie gasped when she realised that Ogre and the Ketsupuri Gang were in the room, looking rather uncomfortable. Matesu, Ethan, Kiriko and Angela were also there, with looks of shame.
"What the…?"
"Er….. Look Elie…" Ogre said. "I er… just wanted to say sorry for the old bomb threat back there." He grinned weakly. "I was just off my head, boiling with rage about Christmas. A guy can lose it right?"
Elie goggled at the oni.
"But listen, I'm a changed man. I embrace Christmas with my whole self!" He thought for a second. "Well, I still hate the songs. But hey, being in this party is the best thing that's ever happened to me. You're a great host!" He looked at Haru. "Can I go now?"
"Yeah sure."
Woohoo! It's party time!" Ogre ran out the door. The Ketsupuri stepped forward.
"We also want to apologise. We were gonna rob you blind, and er…." Aniki stuttered. "Well your pal was very persuasive, and we promised to give the stuff back and behave if he didn't rat us in."
"Good deal I thought!" Kobun A piped up.
"Yeah, I like it too" Kobun B said.
Aniki glanced at Haru nervously. "So, uh… Merry Christmas! There I said it! Can we go now? We want booze!"
Haru nodded, and the three ran out, buttocks jiggling.
"We want to say sorry too." Ethan spoke. "We had no right to act as we did and ruin your party."
"We were out of control." Angela sighed.
"Though I must say, you make a damn fine punch." Matesu grinned.
Kiriko whacked him on the head. "That stuff got us into this mess in the first place."
Elie rubbed her head wearily. "No guys, you're forgiven. It was my fault anyhow."
"Don't put it on yourself." Kiriko smiled. "Come on, yell at us if you want."
"I would, but I feel rather hoarse." Elie moaned. "Just go and relax."
"You do the same…. And thank you." Ethan and the others walked out. Elie stared at Haru and Cattleya.
"Has the world gone mad? Did Ogre just APOLOGISE to me?!!"
"'Tis the time for miracles." Haru grinned. " I didn't believe it myself, but I think Ogre's being sincere about this."
Elie rubbed her eyes. "I think I need a stiff drink."
"I'd give you one, but Griff got to it all first."
The brunette girl sighed. "My first party. My first proper Christmas. And I screw it up."
"Hey don't say that." Haru looked into her eyes. "Okay, so people got drunk and Ogre tried to kill us. Maybe things didn't go to plan, but a lot of good came out of it."
"Like what?"
Haru smiled. "Old friends and rivals got reacquainted. Some guys found something good in their lives and decided to change it for the better. Some guys found love… but most importantly, your party managed to bring us all together."
Elie gasped slightly. "Really?"
"Really. Come on, I'll show you."
He reached under her, and lifted her into his arms. He carried her down the stairs, Cattleya close behind. She could hear `Jingle Bell Rock' playing. They entered the living room, and she gasped in shock.
Ogre, the Ketsupuri, Matesu, Ethan, Ruby, Remi and Nakajima were singing the song loudly and very tunelessly, arms across each other's shoulders. Kiriko and Angela watched in amusement. Solacido and Musica, now dressed in his normal clothes, were talking and laughing with each other.
"Man, you kicked ass out there man!" Solacido cheered.
"Nah, you did better!"
"No you."
"No, you."
"No, you."
Musica frowned. "You were better." He growled.
"Too right. I wasn't naked." Solacido grinned.
"You little…."
"STOP TALKING!!!" Griff yelled at their feet. "My head hurts from all that punch!"
"You do the crime, you do the time Kato."
In the middle of the room, Elie saw the guest dancing to the song, and gasped when she saw Let and Seria, holding each other tightly and slowly dancing. A dreamy look was on Seria's face, and Let looked extremely content.
"Ohhhh, that is so cute!" She squealed. "This is the best Christmas ever!"
Haru grinned. "And it's not even Christmas day yet. You'll flip when you see what I got you."
Elie looked at him adoringly. "You are the only present I need."
She kissed him, then grinned wickedly. "But you did get me the most expensive Love Believer dress ever made, right?"
"I'm not telling you!"
"Haru-Makiiiii!" She whined.
Musica snuck behind Haru and whispered to Cattleya. "You still haven't given me my present yet…."
Cattleya smiled. Joy to the world.


The End