Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Groove Adventure Rave: The Tenshi Quest ❯ Meeting Elie: Grasping Hope ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Groove Adventure Rave: The Tenshi Quest
By Adam Carr

Groove Adventure Rave and all related names are copyright of Kodansha and Konami.
No infringement is intended


For more info in Rave, try these sites:
chocofansubs.cjb.net
mariasart.cjb.net
www.tbs.co.jp/rav e2001
www.kodanclub.com


"I can't believe it!" Elie cried out. "We're apart for a year, and how do we meet again? You feel me up like before."
"Yeah, funny huh?" Haru said in great embarrassment. Having got his breath back from her bear hug, he looked her over.
She hadn't changed a bit. The drop dead gorgeous body, the cute face with short hair and dark eyes, and best of all, that happy, naïve spirit that seemed to follow her everywhere. She still had the same style of clothing too. A blue, tight t-shirt, a mini skirt, and her belt with the words Love Believer emblazoned on, whish was used to hold her ton-fa stun guns.
Haru racked his head, taken aback from her still bright beauty. He hadn't seen her in a year. What was he supposed to say?
"Well, uh Elie, how have you been?" He cringed at his lame question. Then Plue jumped out of his jacket and into Elie's arms.
"Plue! You too!" She gave the creature a hug. "How are you, you little cutie?" She rubbed his stomach in a way that made him coo in delight.
Haru sighed. It was great to see that her zest hadn't faded over the year.
"Wow, you look great." He complimented, trying to start conversation. The girl turned her attention to him.
"Oh thanks! Oh Haru, I'm so glad to see you. I wanted to see you again, but I just got so caught up in trying to find all these artefacts. They're all over the place. And I wanted to write you, but these idiot postmen don't know where Garage Island is..."
He stepped forward and held her shoulders. "Elie, relax. I know Garage Island isn't on most delivery lists. And I've been busy myself." He laughed. "I don't know what's more taxing. Saving the world, or putting up with all the hero worship."
She pointed at him. "See! I told you you'd be rich and famous."
"Well, rich anyhow. I finally started a college course."
She beamed with pride for him. "Wow. You can learn to be a pilot in college?"
He recalled, one day; he had told her about wanting to be a pilot. "No Elie. I set my sights a bit higher. Now I want to be a writer."
He waited for her response to this, which was her usual grin. "Cool! With all the travels you've had, you'll be a natural."
Haru had heard that a lot. But coming from her, it seemed a lot more uplifting.
"Hey, why don't we grab lunch? Then we can tell what we've been up too." Elie suggested.
"Sounds good. Musica and Cattleya might be there too."
"Your sister?" Elie gasped, remembering the name. She scooped up Plue. "Let go!"
And She grabbed Haru's arm and dragged the hapless teen off with her.
As they left the massive room, a figure, dressed in a dark coat to conceal his features, stepped out into the light, his eyes fixed on where the two had gone.


"So, what was my father like?" Catt asked over the lunch table. She and Musica sat at the museum café. "All my memories of him are when I was four."
"He was pretty nice guy. I mean sure, he hated me on sight and thought my fighting skills needed improving, but still, nice guy." Musica laughed.
"Yeah, Haru said he was pretty gruff. A lot different than when he was with us." She gave a sigh of sadness." I guess fighting Demon Card all that time got to him."
"I think he just missed you and Haru a lot."
She sighed again. Musica was about to comfort her, when he was deafened by a loud squeal of joy, then knocked over by a slim woman who barrelled into him. Catt watched as he pulled himself up, the woman clinging to him in a death grip.
"Elie?" Musica looked down at his assailant. Elie looked up and smiled
"Miss me?"
Haru then appeared, panting for breath. "Elie, get off him." The girl released her grip, allowing Musica to gasp for breath. She then looked at Catt. Her eyes widened.
"Oh my God! You... you're Cattleya!" She thrust out her hand. "It's so great to meet you at last."
Catt took it gingerly, terrified by the girl's hyper attitude. "You too. Haru has told me a lot about you."
"Yeah, he talked a lot about you too. He wouldn't shut up about you. Sister says this, sister says that..."
Catt shot a look at Haru, who cringed in embarrassment. Elie sat down between Musica and Catt.
"Wow. The whole gang, together again." She was feeling very emotional. "It's great to see you all again."
"You too Elie." Haru said. He felt a bit uncomfortable about his next question. "So, uh have you found anymore clues about your past?"
Her grin faded a bit. "Well, not much. But I do have this great theory of who I am." She reached for her purse. "But do you all mind if I buy something to eat? I'm famished."
"Go ahead. We'll wait." Haru replied. Elie immediately bounded off to the canteen."
Musica chuckled. "Well, its good to see she's still as insane as ever."
"Yes, she's a bit... hyper." Catt said. She'd heard a lot about Elie from Haru. He'd described how good looking she was, and the rather electic mannerisisms. So far, she'd exhibited the part of her that was easily excited.
"Oh I know she's a bit eccentric, but..." Haru defended, before Elie returned, holding a plate laden with chocolate brownies.
Catt looked startled. "Good grief! You're not going to eat all those, are you?"
"Well, you can have some if you want." Elie then chugged a whole brownie down her mouth, while Musica and Catt looked on in astonishment, and Haru just sighed. Obviously, Elie hadn't gotten over her addiction for chocolate.
Cattleya stared. There was the greedy side Haru mentioned. She seemed worse that Plue.
She wiped her mouth, then spoke "So anyhow, my theory on who I am."
They all leaned closer to hear her. Catt in particular, had been very engrossed about the mystery of Elie when Haru had told her about it in his letters. She sympathised with the confusion of now knowing about yourself. She had felt the same thing when her father had vanished.
"Haru and Musica know that during our travels, people kept saying I was similar to a person named Resha." Elie related in a tone akin to a history lecturer. "I looked up her name, and found out that fifty years ago, there was a warrior named Resha. Her name was famous for leading the defences against attackers of the east countries. And of course, for creating Rave"
"But when I heard all that stuff about me looking like her, I wondered: Maybe I'm her descendent."
She waited for everyone to take it in. She had to admit to herself, her idea did sound a bit loopy. What were the chances of her being related to a warrior from fifty years ago? Still, stranger stuff had happened on her journey with Haru. And she had to believe in something
"So, I read up on all I could about her, but turned up little about whether she had any kids or not. But then, I found she had been mentioned on one of those tablets with the ancient writing. It was about a battle she had fought with a dragon that lived in the area."
"Dragon?" Cattleya asked incredulously.
"Oh they exist all right." Haru confirmed. "I've seen them. They're very rare nowadays."
Elie continued. "I decided that Resha had to had been alive at the time that language was around. If I am related to her, It would explain why I'm able to read it. So I searched around for any mystery text.. and well, that brings us up to here."
Catt asked the question that had been dogging her. "Elie, no offence, but wouldn't it have been easier to log yourself in under missing persons and hope that somebody would recognise you?"
"You think I didn't try that first!!?" Elie snapped violently, banging her fist down.
Cattleya jumped. There was the easily annoyed side of her.
She saw her friends looking warily at her. Tears came to her eyes.
"I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean... It's all just so frustrating."
Haru placed his hand on top of hers. "Don't cry Elie. I understand what you're going through."
Elie smiled and dried her eyes, strengthened by Haru's touch. He always knew how to make her feel better.
"Why don't you tell us what those stones back there said? Were they about Resha as well?"
"Sorta." She replied, feeling able to continue. "They actually tell a story."
"A story? Like ficton?"
"Yeah. More like an old folk tale. There's pictures and stuff in order to tell a story. I guess whoever carved it wanted something everyone could read while outside. Like those statues in that city we visited."
"Oh yeah. So, what IS the story?" He inquired.
"Well.." Elie gestured. "It says that long ago, two meteorites struck the earth. One was light coloured, and contained people from the stars. The other released demons, which plagued the earth. The people from the stars helped the humans and drove the demons back, then they protected the earth ever since."
Haru blinked, picturing the tale in his mind. He smirked slightly. It sounded like some thing out of his mangas.
Elie saw his face. "Yeah, I know it sounds a bit odd, but I think it has a nice feel to it. That there's always someone around to fight evil."
She gave Haru a quick nudge. He understood that she was complimenting him.
Musica sipped his drink. "So, you gonna look for more clues concerning Resha?"
"Yep. But seeing you guys here, I wanna stay and catch up on everything before I go again."
Haru blinked. She was going to go soon. Fear gripped his heart. He'd only seen her today, and now she was going to disappear again. He'd been utterly depressed when she left, and even now still felt lonely without her company. Today was the best he'd felt in a long time. He had to do something.
"Elie-chan, would you like to have dinner with me?"
Everyone looked at him in surprise. He mentally kicked himself. It was the only thing he could think of saying in order to talk to her privately, but it sounded incredibly lame. Plus, he'd used his pet name for her. He looked in her amber eyes, furrowed in confusion. At last, she spoke.
"Su..sure Haru." She sounded surprised. "Where do you want to eat?"
"Umm..."
"I know a great place near the river. Le Hateu. Nice steak dinners there." Musica interjected smoothly. Haru noticed the cunning grin on his face.
"Okay then! I'd better get a decent change of clothes. I'll meet you at eight, kay?" She jumped up, blew them a kiss, then ran off.
As he watched her disappear, Haru sighed as Musica cried "You dog! Trying to get some action after a year apart."
"Excuse me?" Haru asked, confused by the comment.
Musica read his face, and facefaulted in shock. "Are you telling me, that all that time you two worked together, you never made any moves on her when we weren't looking?"
"Well no."
"No kissing, no heavy petting, no dates, no nothing!!?"
"We went out a few times but... look, she's my friend, nothing more. I just want to talk to her in private." He asserted "Why are you making it look more than it is?"
Cattleya responded. "But you do feel something for her, don't you?"
Haru stood up. "For heaven's sake guys! Its just dinner. Now if you don't mind, I'm going home to get ready. You coming sis?"
"I'll think I'll stay here for a bit longer. Musica can give me a lift back."
"Okay then. Lets go Plue."
Haru walked out of the exit, fuming. Him and Elie, together? It sounded so dumb. He had never looked on her more than a close friend.
And yet, why exactly was he so eager to make sure she didn't leave?


Musica smirked at Cattleya. "Think he has got a crush on her?"
"I'm sure of it." She smiled. "Did you notice he called her 'Elie-chan?"
"Yeah, what's that about?"
"Its something he picked up from his old manga books. In those stories, the males always call the girls they like with 'chan'. It's a term of endearment."
She then flashed an evil grin. "Wanna sneak into that place now and see if I'm right?"
"Spy on them?"
"Sure. I just want to make sure Haru gets on fine anyhow. He hasn't had many dates before, and certainly with no one like her."
Something occurred to Musica. "Are you asking me out on a date, Miss Glory?"
Cattleya blushed. "No! Well not exactly... er, shall I see you there at eight?
"Fine."
Cattleya got up and headed of to the toilets, her face still crimson.
Musica grinned. "Still got it." He thought.


The man in the dark coat watched as the tall, spike headed man left his table. He then spoke into a small radio on his wrist.
"Helix, she'll be at the Le Hateu restaurant at eight."
"Good. I'll have the men ready." The rasping voice on the other end replied.
"Word of warning though. She's having dinner with some kid with silver hair."
"I don't see why I should be concerned by her dinner date."
"Well, he's got a hella big sword with him, and I'll assume he knows how to use it."
There was silence, before "Well, I haven't found a decent opponent in a while. We'd better take him with us, just to see what he knows about her."


Plue watched as his master fidgeted at his table on the outside terrace of the restaurant, where he waited for Elie. Despite changing his outfit, he still kept checking for any defects, and looked at his watch nervously.
It was times like this Plue wished he had the ability to talk. Acting in a dog-like manner to comfort him was all and good, but Plue was smarter that that. He knew this was a situation where some bolstering words were needed.
But he contented himself with allowing his master to scratch his head.
"You're right buddy." Haru said. "It'll be okay."
Plue then noticed Haru had propped the Eisonmeteor on the table. Indicating it, Haru jumped in shock.
"Ahhh! Plue, hide this somewhere will you? Put it at Musica's place. Then you and Griff can play the Gamecube."
With surprising strength, the small creature picked up the sword, and ran off into the bushes. Haru waved goodbye. But Plue wasn't going just yet. He wanted to be on hand in case his master needed him. He settled comfortably, getting a good view of the table.
Haru wiped his brow. Why the hell had he brought the sword with him? He couldn't have just forgotten to leave it at home, it was that big.
He felt the Rave stone around his neck. That feeling of apprehension was still there. Like something was going to happen.
"Relax man. Nothing is wrong. I'm just going to dine with Elie, persuade her not to leave so soon and.... Oh my God!"
Elie had just entered, wearing a very unique dress. It looked like a large, yellow t-shirt which reached down to her calves, exposing a lot of leg. It was also very low cut to show off her cleavage. She completed it with her tall boots, belt with ton-fas and long arm warmers.
Haru collapsed from lack of blood to the brain.
From their table several yards away, Musica and Cattleya chuckled. The boy had it bad.
With some effort, Elie helped Haru back onto his seat.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
Haru shook his head. "Err.. Fine, Elie-chan. I'm just a bit tired."
She sat down a bit confused. Haru tried to turn his attention away from her chest and at her face. Which wasn't too hard. Her lovely features were great to look at. He tried to get to the point at hand.
"Well, it's nice we've gotten some time alone."
"True. Not that I don't enjoy Musica or Cattleya's company... but speaking with you, I get a chance to slow down and get a coherent response."
"Yeah, Musica does kinda get off track. It doesn't take him long to get his mind on girls."
Musica fumed. "I do not."
Cattleya didn't hear him, her eyes locked onto the pair.
Elie studied her friend's face. "Haru, I get the feeling something's bothering you. Is that why you asked me out here?"
She always was smart at figuring things out. Haru took a deep breath. "Well, yeah I guess."
There was silence as Haru prepared his words. "You're going soon, aren't you?"
Elie replied "Well, yeah. I want to stay and hang with you guys for a bit, but after that, I'll be on my way."
"But Elie, we've only just met after a year. Why are you leaving in a hurry?"
Elie was perplexed. Why was Haru acting like this? He knew better than anyone else how important finding her past was to her.
"Because.. I get the feeling that I'm closer to the truth than ever before. If I stay, I might not get another chance. You know how important this is to me"
Haru grasped her hand. "I do. And that's why I want to go with you."
Elie's mouth dropped. Nearby, so did Cattleya and Musica's.
"Bubuu..But Haru, you have your college course. You can't just drop that."
"I know Elie-chan, but I figured that if you could stay with us until the term finishes, then we could go together to look for more clues."
Cattleya couldn't believe her ears. Musica chuckled at the depths Haru was going to in order to keep close to Elie. And Elie just looked at him oddly.
"I don't get it Haru. Why are you trying so hard to make me stay?"
Haru swallowed. Truth was, he wasn't really sure why himself. All he knew was, he couldn't bear to see her leave again. But how could he explain that? He looked up to the heavens and silently prayed for some kind of distraction, anything to get out of this situation.
At that point, a man dressed in black ninja garb jumped out of nowhere and clobbered him on the head.


At first, Cattleya wasn't sure if what she was seeing was real. Two men, dressed in black clothing jumped out of the bushes. On whacked Haru out cold with a truncheon, while the other threw a sack over Elie's head, and grabbed her by the arms. She cried out as the man hefted her over his shoulder. "Haru, no!!"
Then it registered to Cattleya. They were kidnapping her brother.
"HARU!!"
Musica leapt up and grabbed his large necklace. With a quick twirl, the metal temporarily turned into a liquid state, before reforming as a large metal halbard with a vicious blade on the end.
He ran after the two men, who carried Haru and Elie out with rapid speed. They ran toward a waiting van, and threw the two inside. The vehicle sped off, leaving the two ninjas to deal with Musica.
One charged toward him, only to have his feet swept away form under him by the Staff. The second tired a flying kick, but Musica simply swung the Staff to deflect him.
Satisfied both were out, he looked in the direction the van had gone. Cursing, he decided to phone the police.
Suddenly, a white blur ran past his feet, and Musica turned just in time to see a glimpse of Plue, holding the Eisonmeteor, before he disappeared into the crowd.
Musica put a hand to his head. What the hell was going on?


Hiding in the bushes, Plue had sensed a source of danger, of someone with evil intent. But before he could tell Haru, the men had jumped him and Elie.
Now he ran through the streets, desperate to catch up to his master. He knew he couldn't face this new enemy alone. And without the sword he now held in his mouth.
Fortunately, he had a distinct advantage. He could sense the Rave. All he had to do was follow the scent.
He sensed the stone on his right, and turned sharply into an alleyway. Reaching the end, Plue looked down the road, and saw the van approaching him.
Using all his strength, Plue launched himself at the van... and hit the side, embedding his nose into the vehicle.
Holding onto the sword for dear life, Plue relaxed slightly. Now all he had to do was wait for the van to reach its destination...