Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Groove Adventure Rave: The Tenshi Quest ❯ Realisations: Haru's Dream ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Groove Adventure Rave: The Tenshi Quest
By Adam Carr

Groove Adventure Rave and all related names are copyright of Kodansha and Konami.
No infringement is intended

Well, chapter seven is up, and this one promises to be a real tear jerker. Haru's dream is explained, but he loses something dear...

For more info in Rave, try these sites:
chocofansubs.cjb.net
www.mangascreener.com
www.tbs.co.jp /rave2001
www.kodanclub.com
You can contact me at student_scum@hotmail.com


Back at the entrance of the metal city, Musica, Ethan, Angela and Griff waited with mixed senses of fear, and impatience. It was the loud sounds of battle within the walls that really got them worried now.
After several minutes, the noises had finished with a loud bang, which did nothing to ease their fears for their friends.
The guard walked up to them. Musica rounded on him.
"Well? What's going on in there?"
"No need to worry sir. The crisis is over." The guard replied flatly.
"Cool." Griff piped up. "So we can go through now?"
"No."
"WHAT!?" The blob screeched.
The guard continued in his monotone voice. "Unless you have the proper papers, legalised by the authorities, and the authorisation pass..."
Musica yanked his silver necklace off. He concentrated, and within seconds, the silver twisted and reformed into a jagged blade.
"Got your authorisation right here pal!"
He stormed up to the metal gate, and before the guard could react, slashed the blade, cutting through the steel like butter. He cut off more with rapid swipes, until he had created a large gap in the gate.
The guard was dumbfounded, then found his voice and yelled. "You bloody vandal! You're gonna have to pay for that! You..."
He was cut off by Ethan's fist striking his chin. He collapsed to the ground.
The mage rubbed his fist. Angela scowled at her boyfriend. "Ethan! You shouldn't have done that."
He watched her face turn into a smirk. "Save it for whoever got Haru and Elie in this mess."
She hopped into the driver seat of the camper. "Lets roll!"


Haru glared angrily at the swordsman who had dared to attack his friend. At right now, even glaring felt tiring. Using the swords as rapidly as that, as well as the Dragon Esper, it had taken a lot out of Rave.. and him. Through his connection with the stone, he could feel through the sword that the stone's power was dimming, and it needed rest and a chance to recharge. Haru felt the same. Rave's power was tied into him, and right now, he felt like just dropping off and going to sleep.
But he pushed the need back. He glanced at Elie, who now looked at Helix with eyes glazed in hate and fear.
He had to protect her.
Spoon just looked back and forth at the two. "Er look. I don't know what's going on here, but I don't see a need to fight." He gave a peace symbol with his hand. "Increase the peace, huh?"
The blond swordsman pointed his blade at him, and a bolt of red energy shot out. It struck the mechanic, and he was covered by a jolting red haze. His body stiffened, and he fell comically to the ground.
"Spoon!" Haru cried out.
Helix laughed. "Don't worry. It's just a stun magic. I'll spare him this time round." He sneered. "But back to us."
"What the hell do you want from me?" Elie snarled. She readied her guns.
"The secret you are searching for, of course," Helix chuckled. "But first..." He pointed at Haru. "He owes me a duel."
Haru then remembered what had happened the first time he had battled Helix. He fished in his pocket, and pulled out the card with the cross on it.
The contract from Shiro Gear.
He stared at him. "I don't understand. You were a hero. Why do this? Why hurt her?"
The swordsman laughed. "People change boy."
There was a flash of light behind Haru, and the giant form of Plue stepped up.
"You can say that again." The guardian growled. "But you still have a chance to leave here in one piece."
"Yeah!" Elie cocked her weapons. "You don't stand a chance against all three of us!"
Helix sighed and looked at Elie with some sort of longing. "Ah, you have the spirit of your mother."
The wind swiftly left her sails. "My mother...."
"Enough!" Haru roared. "Leave her alone!"
Helix pressed a button on the handle of his sword, and deftly flicked the blade. With smooth motions, the sword converted into a large halbard.
Plue leaped forward, hoping to get a telling hit from the man's swift moment of vulnerability. But Helix was too fast. He swung his weapon, knocking the beast back several feet. Haru rushed forward, slower than he would have liked, and slashed the sword down. It was countered by Helix, who was about to attack back, when Plue pounced on him. He swing his large, clawed paws and sent Helix flying.
He landed perfectly on his feet, and jumped again when Plue shot a bolt of white lighting from his horn. Haru dashed forward, hoping to stab Heliz. But as he came closer, Helix hopped into the air, flew over Haru's head, and kicked him in the back, sending the boy reeling.
"DODGE THIS!!"
The cry came from Elie, who now had a perfect aim on Helix. The swordsman turned to her. A second later, she fired.
Hot plasma erupted from the barrels, the fast motions causing the guns and her arms to shake. She gritted her teeth and stared at Helix with pure hate.
But something was wrong. The bullets weren't hitting him. She kept firing.
Haru looked on in astonishment. Helix had transformed his Rizion sword back to its sword form. He was now thrusting and waving the flat of the blade in front of his face.... In order to repel Elie's bullets. The repeated pinging of the bullets being deflected could be heard as Helix moved the sword at superhuman speed.
The guns ran out of bullets, and Elie pressed the buttons desperately. She looked at Helix in disbelief.
"That's not possible..."
Before she could move again, Helix shot out the red energy, and felled Elie, freezing her. Plue rushed to her defence, but was hit by the same magic. He collapsed, unable to move.
The three captives stared as Helix focused on Haru. The Rave Master held his sword ready, but looked seriously fatigued.
"There... there's no way he can fight him." Elie realised with horror.
But nether the less, Haru charged forward.
For several minutes, the tow foes ducked and darted, swinging their weapons and always pushing to get a direct hit. As one would thrust his weapon, the other would reflect it and force the opponent back. For several minutes, the only sounds were the clang of metal clashing, and the grunts and cries of two determined warriors.
Unable to move, Elie could only watch as Haru, despite his weakness, was fighting with all of his remaining strength. To save them. To protect her.
She knew only a few other people with dedication like that.
But only one with his spirit.
The fight continued, Helix showing no emotion in his face as he swiped and attacked. As if he knew he had nothing to worry about. Haru was really straining now. Sweat coursed down his face, and his movements were getting erratic. But still, he kept fighting.
Elie struggled against her bonds. Couldn't Helix see Haru was in no condition to fight? Shouldn't he just stop and grant him some mercy.
It didn't look like it.
Haru was purely on the defensive now, swinging his sword in order to block Helix's blows. For a while, it seemed Helix would not get through Haru's defence.
But then the teen's knees buckled and he fell to the floor. Before he could get up, Helix slashed upward, throwing him several feet away.
He landed on the soft grass, and lay still, blood seeping from his chest.
He ordered his body to get up. But he felt too weak... His mind screamed over and over. "Stop him! Save Elie!"
Helix walked up to him, a smirk on his face. "Huh. I thought the Rave Master would put up a better fight than that." He raised the sword.
Elie struggled even harder, as did Plue and Spoon. But they could not move.
"No, not like this!" She cried within. "I can't lose him like this!"
A warm sensation began to build within her, reaching up her body. She registered for a second that it was the Etherion Magic, but all her concentration was on helping the man she loved.
Sensing the growing magic, she focused harder, a green white haze appearing around her body. Plue and Spoon looked in amazement, as tendrils of white energy wisped around them like some living creature looking for something. It touched the red energy surrounding them, and it melted away like smoke.
Elie got up and walked toward the two fighters, the white glow still surrounding her body. Plue stared on, astonished. The power within Elie, he could sense it was getting stronger. And she seemed to be in more control of it.
Helix held the tip of the sword above Haru's chest.
"At least I'll give you an honourable death." He was about to stab...
"Leave him alone!"
The swordsman turned to her. "Or what?" He mocked. But then he noticed the haze around her body. His eyes widened.
"Leave! Him! ALONE!" She screamed.
A burst of white energy shot from her fingers and slammed into the man, He was thrown to the ground, only to be hit by another blast.
His smoking body pushed its self up, and readied his sword. "You little fool.."
Suddenly, there was a noise behind him. He spun round, and came face to face with an angry, exhausted Haru, who was holding the Explosion Sword. Before Helix could react, Haru struck the ground at his feet. For a second, nothing happened. Then a ball of fire erupted from the ground, burning Helix and throwing him about a hundred feet in the air. He sailed through the sky, before landing in a nearby ditch.
Haru smiled for a second, before he collapsed.
"Damn." Spoon commented. "Remind me never to piss you off."
Elie rushed to the stricken Rave Master, and supported his upper body. "Haru-maki... please, wake up. Please." She spoke softly.
"Is he gonna be okay?" The mechanic asked Plue.
Plue studied his master. "He should be alright. He's just exhausted, and we can heal these wounds." He then heard the sound of flying machines coming closer. "But we had better get him out of here. Put him on my back."
Elie and Spoon hoisted the unconscious Haru onto the guardian's back. Elie them climbed on, and held Haru protectively.
"DO you want to come with us?" Plue asked. "I understand your people will have questions to ask you..."
"Nah." Spoon waved his hand. "Someone's got to explain all this mess. I might as well face the music."
Elie reached over and kissed Spoon on the forehead. "Thank you. We owe you a lot."
"Su...sure." He said in a daze.
"If you like, we'll visit you someday." She smiled.
"We should go now." Plue said. "Goodbye Spoon. Good luck to you."
And with a flurry of wings, the guardian took off into the sky.


As Plue flew off, a jet copter was moving closer to Spoon's location.
"We've located the driver sir!" The pilot shouted to Holly, who sat in the back with Suzuki. The businessman seemed to be sulking over the loss of his robot.
"How did this happen?" He muttered.
"I intend to find out." Holly replied. He then heard a crackling in his radio, and answered it.
"Sir! We managed to capture the pilot of the Soyokaze. He's in a bad way."
"What? Is he injured?"
"No, I mean he's not right in the head. When we found and apprehended him, he went crazy and said he didn't do it. He keeps saying that an alien did it."
"An ALIEN?!!" Holly screeched in disbelief.
"Yes. He keeps claiming that before he got to the mech, an alien grabbed him, possessed his body and took control of the mech."
Suzuki snorted. "Oh he is so fired."
Holly rubbed his head. "Alright, put him in detention, get him to calm down. I'll talk to him later." He hung off.
The craft landed, and holly and Suzuki stepped out. The chief's eye's rose in disbelief. Walking calmly up from where he was standing next to the head of the blue mech was....
"WENDERBENDER!!"
"Spoon, thank you very much." He grinned.
"How the hell did you get out?!"
Spoon shrugged and faced Suzuki. "Uh, sir. I'm sorry about trashing you machine and all..."
Suzuki grinned. "Ah relax. It was only the prototype. But you, my boy. You showed some impressive manoeuvres back there. DO you do this for a living?"
"Well, I play the mech simulator everyday, so I guess so."
Holly growled. "May I remind you that you are still under arrest..."
Suzuki ignored him. "I could use someone like you on my company. How would you like to be a part of my security team?"
"Really?"
"What!?"
"Full benefits, paid holiday, your own mech. Plus, we may call upon you to test our new machines."
Spoon nearly fainted. "Hell yeah!"
Holly nearly fainted. "Sir you can't be serious.." He blustered.
Suzuki placed an arm around Spoon and led him away. "Let's get the paperwork sorted. But one thing. Who was that flying man with the sword? That thing was amazing."
"Oh just a pal." Spoon glanced back at Holly. "I believe he called himself the Rave Master."
"What, he dances? Maybe he could loan me that sword. It would be great if I could reproduce that...."


It was several minutes before the police and Spoon left the area. In the ditch, Helix had been unseen.
Now with the place alone, the swordsman lifted himself out. Every inch of his body ached. Fortunately, he had something to remove his interest from the pain. Haru Glory and that damned girl.
Glory had put up a good fight, but even he had weakened. But the girl... her powers were getting stronger. Soon she would be able to defeat them easily. But the temple was close. As soon as she led them there, he could finish this.
He heard footsteps, and turned to face Kady and Willis.
"Bloody hell mate! Did the robot get you?"
"No." Helix just grunted.
"Must have been one hell of a fight. What kind of sword has that Glory kid got? I want one!"
"SHUT UP!"
Kady's eyebrows rose. "Excuse me for being friendly. Anyhow, the helicopters just over here. You might want some first aid."
The three men walked in silence. Save of course, for Kady. "Listen, it's all meadows and flat land from here on, so I figure if we take the copter high, we'll spot them in now time."
"Very good. We start early tomorrow."
"Wahey! Night off!"
When they reached the helicopter, Helix sensed something hiding behind the craft.
"Excuse me." He walked off out of sight behind the helicopter, leaving the others thinking he needed to relieve himself.
In the encroaching darkness, Helix waited for a few minutes, as a form slithered out from under the helicopter.
It stood up, a massive insect unlike any on this planet. Anyone else would be terrified by now. But Helix just stood as if he wasn't interested.
"You escaped alright?"
The insect spoke in a hissing voice. "Easily. I watched those fools arrest the pilot. They think he's mad."
Helix snickered. "All the more better for us. You had better take her again. The others may be suspicious, especially Kady."
"So? It's not like we're going to keep him around."
"True, but all the same, I would like his total cooperation for this. We're getting closer. I would have beaten them, but that damn girl..." He wringed his fist.
"The girl beat you?" The insect said with amusement in its hollow voice.
"Yes. Her powers are getting stronger. No doubt we are near the temple. Once we find her, she'll lead us to the temple."
"I just hope that whatever our master needs is in there."
"Of course. This is the only one rumoured to have it. I have no doubt Gala."
He heard someone approaching.
"Go now!" He told the insect sternly. The creature opened a door on the side of the craft and slithered in.
Willis appeared. Helix crossed his arms, noting the gangster's expression. He was not happy.
"Problem?"
"Yes I do have one actually. It seems to me that this whole mission is falling apart." He slicked back his hair. "I mean, despite the fact that we had those twerps right where we could catch them, you still screw up. I'm beginning to winder if you can finish this."
"We will." A voice said behind them. Willis turned around to see the slim form of Gala approach them.
"And where the hell were you the whole time?"
"Just sorting some business." She took out her knife and began idly polishing it.
Willis returned his focus to Helix. "Look, I've invested a lot of resources toward this plan of yours. Guards, vehicles and all that. But if this thing isn't going to plan, then I'm pulling out. I don't intend to stay if I'm not getting anything gout of this master plan of yours."
Helix smiled. "Relax. By tomorrow, we'll have what we're looking for..." The smile turned nasty. "And you'll get what's coming to you."


Haru opened his eyes. As soon as his senses returned to him, he felt a dull pain all over his body. He craned his head to look down at his body. His shirt had been removed, and he could see several cuts from Helix's sword all across his chest. They seemed to be healing, he figured Plue had used his magic on him. The night felt warm, yet a blanket had been partially placed on him.
He tried to sit up, but was immediately hit with stabs of pain all over his body. He slumped down again.
He was aware that someone was close by. Twisting his head right, he saw Plue, in his normal body, standing with a mug of water. He extended the mug on his small hands. Haru took it and eagerly drunk it, realising how thirsty he was. He put the mug down and smiled at Plue in gratitude.
The creature then pointed across from him. Haru turned his head and looked up. Sitting on a log was Elie. Her drooping head and closed eyes indicated she was asleep. Haru sniggered softly at the scene. Yet at the same time, he couldn't deny that she looked extremely cute.
"What's with me? I keep calling her cute and beautiful." He wondered. Yet it was the truth. Not just in body, but also in spirit.
She was so unlike any other woman he had met. So kind. So funny. Brave too. She had stepped in to save him from Helix, and saved him countless other times.
She had always been there for him.
He wanted to do the same.
Her eyes opened, slowly at first, then they snapped open at the sight of Haru grinning at her. She stifled a cry.
"You're okay."
"Can't get rid of me that easy." He glanced down at his chest. "Uh... where's my shirt?"
"Shirt wasn't the correct descriptive term anymore. I threw it away."
"Oh." He felt a bit uncomfortable with Elie looking at his naked torso.
"Thank you for saving me back there." He crossed his eyes. "But next time, I'm really gonna do a number on Helix..."
He broke off when he saw tears appear in her eyes.
"Elie-chan? What's wrong?"
She said nothing, looking out into space as if to avoid him. Haru wondered if he'd said something wrong. He gave a smile.
"Cheer up Elie-chan! By tomorrow, we'll have found the temple and your memories."
She looked at him with the saddest eyes he'd ever seen. They seemed full of guilt.
"Haru, why do you put up with me?"
His expression turned to confused. "I don't know what you mean."
Her face turned anguished. "All I ever do is get in trouble. Back then, I was always getting captured or kidnapped. And you and the others always had to come and bail me out!" Tears were running down her pale face. "I just put you all in danger. Musica almost got killed trying to save me once, and now you too. I'm sick of you always putting your life on the line for me! I'm not worth it!"
She slumped down, head in her hands. She didn't dare look at him, not wanting to see what she had done to him.
She felt a hand touch her arm. Through some kind of impulse, she raised her head, and looked at Haru. A small smile adorned his lips.
"Don't say that Elie-chan. You are more than worth it."
She felt warmer and more comforted by his touch.
"You've brought more happiness into my life than I ever needed. You've been the person who's always been there for me." He frowned. "Well, next to my sister."
Elie giggled. It was amazing how Haru could just distract her from her worries like that. He always made her feel better.
"I like being with you Elie-chan." He sighed. "I couldn't imagine life without you."
Elie's heart did a backflip. Did this mean... what she thought it meant?
"You're my best friend, and I'll follow you anywhere."
Then her emotions went haywire.
What the hell was he saying? Did he love her or what? Couldn't he notice that she adored him?
And on top of all that... that question that had been nagging her... annoyance bubbled within her.
"What does that mean?" She growled, louder than she intended.
Haru crossed his brows. "What Elie-chan?"
"THAT!!!" She yelled, her frustration at a high point. "Ever since we met, you keep sticking that Chan thing to my name! Its never Elie or Elisha, its always Elie-chan! I can't figure out what it means. It's driving me insane!"
She suddenly got to her knees and straddled Haru's waist, drawing her face straight into his. "WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MEAN!!?"
"E..easy Elie-chan!" Haru stammered. "It's nothing mean."
His body felt uncomfortably hot, and his face turned red. No woman had been on him like this before. Elie's stare bored into him, and Haru found himself staring into the golden eyes.
"It's something from my manga comics. 'Chan' is something you call a girl you like."
Elie's eyes went from angry to surprised.
"That's it?"
"Er.. yeah."
She looked into his blue eyes, marvelling at the colours. Forgetting that she was leaning over him.
Plue figured that the two might need their privacy, and walked off.
Haru looked nervous, and tried to keep his eyes from looking down her top. Her face, and those eyes thankfully made it easier.
"If you don't want me to call you that anymore..."
"No. It's alright... Haru-Maki." She smiled. "It was just confusing me."
Haru wondered why Elie hadn't gotten off him, and then realised, that he liked the feeling of her being close. The warmth of her body. He was confused as to why he'd never felt like this before. Then again, Elie had never gotten as close as this.
"So you give 'chan' to a girl you like?" Elie asked softly.
"Yes." He moved his arms and clasped them behind her back, pulling her closer to him. She rested her elbows on his chest.
Elie's heart was now pounding. She was so close... her head moved closer to his. Amber eyes locked onto blue ones.
"Girls you.... care about?"
"Only the ones you really care about."
Suddenly it seemed deathly quiet, the only sound in the meadow being the two's breathing. They looked at each other for several minutes, taking in the features of each other's faces, as if for the first time.
Elie almost swooned. Haru had such a well defined face... it could bring any girl to her knees.
Haru came to a conclusion. Elie wasn't just beautiful, she was positively angelic. The pale skin, the gentle curves, the bright eyes...
Her face moved closer to his. And as it did, a thought popped into his head.
He wanted this.
Her arms moved upward his chest as her hands saught his face. Then...
"AHHHHHHHH!!" Haru yelped in pain.
Elie shot upright. "Omigod! What did I do?!!"
Haru felt the pain subside. "It's alright. You just brushed a sore spot, that's all." He rubbed the side of his body.
He saw tears well up in her eyes again.
"I'm sorry..." She sobbed, before running off to the tent.
"Elie-chan! Wait!" He cried out. But she was already gone.
Haru slumped back. He'd never seen Elie so upset before. Her sad expression... it had wrenched at all of his heartstrings.
He hated to see her like that. He wanted her to be happy always.
He cared about her immensely. And he knew, she returned that care back.
He shook his head. His thoughts were getting jumbled. He decided to go to sleep, hoping he could apologise in the morning.
He laid his head down, and as sleep claimed him, all he could think of.... was Elie.


The dream begins again.
He sighs as the rocks rise up from the white ground, but a determination fills him. This time... he will save the girl.
He hops over the rocks.
He runs over the lava.
And he reaches the dark warrior. Approaching the coloured girl. Her hair hides her face.
"Leave he r alone!!" He bellows. The dark one looks at him.
Then his body shifts and bends, like black smoke, until it has transformed into a double of him. Down to the clothes he wears, except that his body is surrounded by a dark aura.
It laughs. "Pathetic. Fawning over something that is not important to you."
He glares on, his anger rising.
"She's not real." It points toward the girl. "None of this is real. Yet you seem utterly determined to get to her."
"So?"
"So. You're wasting your time on a girl who means nothing to your life. Rather like Elie."
His anger rises. "What about Elie?"
The dark one laughs. "Please! She's just some dizzy trouble maker. An idiot who has to rely on people like you just to cross the road. She only stays with you because you can keep her safe."
It sneers. "And even if she did care about you, she'd never stay with you. Your track record with women isn't exactly a success, is it?"
He thinks, his mind filled with images of her. He admires her beauty. Everyone does.
But he sees her deeper. Her bright spirit. Her ability to never give up. The happiness that exudes from her soul.
Yes she needs help from him sometimes. But he knows, she puts all her trust into him. She fills him with strength whenever he needs it.
And not just her trust, he realises.
Her total devotion.
Confidence and rage well up within him, all directed at his dark double. And from nowhere, The Eisonmeteor appears in his hand.
"You lie." He says coldly. He moves forward, the sword raised. The double begins backing up in fear.
"You say she needs me. Well, I need her too!"
There is nowhere for the double to go. It stands still, shaking.
"I realise now, I can't imagine life without her."
It snarls in rage, and moves toward him.
"And I'll protect her with all my heart!"
He slashes the sword, and the dark one shatters into pieces, which are blown away in the wind.
Seeing that it is truly gone, he drops the sword, still shaken by the revelations he has just revealed to himself.
He looks at the girl. The one he has been trying to get to for so long now.
He knows she can help him.
As he walks closer to her, he wonders who she is. The brightness of her skin and hair is almost blinding in contrast to the white background.
He stands mere inches from her, and the hair is blown away from her face. He jumps in surprise as her face is revealed.
"Elie?"
She smiles that special smile of hers, her amber eyes twinkling.
She takes his hand, and suddenly, in an instant, the world around him explodes in colour. He looks around, taking in the reformed sight with happiness. The blue sea. The green grass. The sunset, with mixed colours of red and yellow.
And he too, now has colour back on his skin and clothes. He looks at his hand, still holding hers.
He feels normal. The void in his life lifted.
And all because of her.
He puts his arms around her, pulling her closer to him. His face moves closer to hers, and the words come out....


"I love you."
As Haru woke up, he heard the words come out of his mouth.
He jolted up, gasping for breath. He looked around, wondering if he was still in the dream. No, the world was coloured, bathed in the afternoon sun.
He calmed down, and as the words settled into his brain,, he realised that they were true.
He loved Elie. He truly loved her.
His gaze turned to the tent. Elie had always been a great friend to him, but now...she was a part of his life, a loving, caring part he couldn't be without.
He had to tell her. He didn't care if he had to wake her up. She had to know, even if her still saw him as a friend.
Fear stopped him for a second. What if she didn't feel the same?
No, he had to get this out.
He stepped over Plue, who was just waking, and stooped down to look into the tent.
No one was there.
"Elie-chan?"
Haru got up and called to Plue. "Have you seen Elie?"
The creature shook his head. Haru grew concerned. He began walking around, calling to her.
"Elie-chan! ELIE! Where are you!"
He went back to the tent, now extremely worried. He then saw the note attached to the side of the tent. He grasped it, and read it, his hands trembling as he did so.


Haru-Maki
If you're reading this, then I'm already gone. I'm going to find the temple myself.
Don't think this is your fault. It's mine. I dragged you into all this, and got you hurt in the process
So now I'll go there on my own. I'll feel better knowing you and Plue are alright.
I care for you very much. Please don't follow me.
Soon, I'll see you again.
Love, Elie-chan.


Haru collapsed to his knees, shock and despair filling his body.
He looked around, expecting her to pop up somewhere. But the truth hit him.
She was gone.
"No....." He croaked.
Plue's eyes widened. Elie had disappeared, and Master was taking it bad. He hadn't seen his master this upset since his father died.
He stood still, knowing he could not comfort him. What could he say?
Suddenly, he sensed someone. He turned round, and spotted several people running toward their campsite. He recognised them as Musica, Ethan and Angela.
He ran toward them, knowing they could help his master.
He glanced back at Haru. The boy was now quietly sobbing.


Griff woke up in a bad mood. Not surprising, considering he'd spent the night tossing and turning on an uncomfortable car seat. How could Angela and Ethan live in this thing?
He walked to the back of the camper, where beds had been set up. Angela spelt wrapped in Ethan's arms, while Musica sprawled out on his bunk.
Griff hopped up to the counter, and turned the kettle on. He noted that the time was eleven o'clock. He tapped his fingers waiting for the kettle to boil. When it was ready, he poured himself some coffee, then went outside with his mug.
The blob swigged his drink, sighing as he looked at the green, hilly land around them. According to the maps he'd brought, it was like this for several miles around. How on earth where they supposed to find Haru and Elie?
Maybe some odd occurrence would lead them to the pair. Hell, every time something had happened during the quest for Rave, some weird thing had saved their butts.
He saw a large hill in front of him, and on a whim, walked to the top. Being careful not to spill his coffee, he scaled the slope, and reached the top.
He could now see the sprawling land for miles around. He took a satisfied sip of coffee...
Then spit it out when he saw the figure crouched on the ground, several feet away. He peered closer. There was no mistake on who it was. But something was wrong.
He scuttled at full pace back to the camper, and screamed at the top of his voice. "GUYS! WAKE UUUUUUUUPPPPPP!"
Ethan jolted up, almost throwing Angela off the bed. Musica rubbed his eyes, and focused on the manic blob who was now jumping on him.
"This had better be good." He growled.
"I've seen Haru!"
Now the silversmith was fully awake. "Haru?"
"Yes Haru! He's not far from here! I've just seen him!"
Ethan and Angela stood up. "Really?" The purple-headed girl asked.
"Yes really! You can't miss that haircut!" Griff cried out. "Come on! We've got to help him!"
"Is he hurt?"
"I don't know." The blob frowned. "I didn't see Elie there, and..... I think he was crying."
The three adventurers looked at each other with confusion and fear.


The four bolted out the camper and ran straight towards where Haru was. He didn't notice them, but they saw Plue run up to them.
Griff was the first to meet the creature.
"Plue. You utter git!" He shouted. "Why didn't you tell that idiot to stay and wait for us?"
Plue motioned toward Haru, but the blob didn't notice.
"Oh no, you had to drag me all the way out here, spend horrible night sleeping with these three, almost get me killed by a dragon..."
Having enough, Plue transformed to his super form. He towered over Griff.
"Griffon Kato, SHUT UP!!!""
Griff froze at the sight of the tranformation. His eyes went glassy. If he had any digestive system, he would have probably peed himself.
Musica's mouth dropped. "Plue? You can talk?"
"Yes." Plue said. "But I'll explain later. Master needs help."
"Where's Elie?" Ethan asked.
"I don't know. She was gone this morning. She said in a note, she didn't want us involved him her troubles."
Musica was stunned. "What the hell would cause her to think that?"
Plue gave a sad look. "I think she did it, because she loves him."
Everyone became silent at that.
They all walked softly toward the Rave Master. Except Griff, who was rooted to the spot, gibbering in shock.
As they approached Haru, he raised his head to look at them. Anglea gasped. She'd never seen anyone this distraught before.
"Musica." He spoke. "Guys, what are you doing here?"
"Looking for you." Musica said. "Your sister's worried sick about you, so I went after you."
"Cattleya..." Haru sighed.
Musica knelt down to look his friend in the eye.
"Do you know where Elie went?"
Haru seemed lost in grief. "She left... because she didn't want me to get hurt...." He stared at Musica. "I have to find her."
"Yeah, we will." Musica assured. Suddenly, Haru grabbed his shoulders.
"No dammit! We have to look for her NOW! I have to find her...." His voice cracked. "I... I can't lose her."
Musica looked into his friend's eyes.... And understood fully why Haru was so determined to find her.
"We will." He said more confidently. "But lets just take it easy first. You need some proper food. And you can tell us all that's happened."
Haru nodded. As Musica helped him to his feet, he looked into the horizon.
"I'll find you Elie-chan. I promise."