Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Groove Adventure Rave: The Tenshi Quest ❯ Platiax City: Mecha Madness ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Groove Adventure Rave: The Tenshi Quest
By Adam Carr

Groove Adventure Rave and all related names are copyright of Kodansha and Konami.
No infringement is intended


The sixth chapter is up, and if you like giant robots, you're gonna love this. True giant robots were never in the anime, but I thought this might put a nice spin on things. Please, review and let me know what you think.

Next chapter: Haru makes a vital discovery about himself and Elie…
www.shounen.org/rave
www.mangascreener.com
www.tbs. co.jp/rave2001
www.kodanclub.com
You can contact me at student_scum@hotmail.com


The sun broke through the clouds, signalling the dawn of the new day. As the light began to brighten the mountains, an oddity could be seen among the high outcrops. A massive wall, made out of steel, which reached as high as the mountains themselves. The wall, which ran in a circle for several miles, was utterly impregnable, save for a few large doors guarded by small posts. Within the wall, was Platiax City, the secretive weapon manufacturing plant, which also doubled as a small town.

Kady peered through his binoculars at this. Never in all his days could he have imagined he'd come here. His work took him all over the place, but he'd figured that he'd never come here, because no bandits or targets would come here either. Platiax City was the most guarded place in all the world. You'd have more luck getting into heaven. Key cards, guards and guns positioned on the walls, no expense was spared in making sure nothing leaked out. If Haru Glory intended to go through here, he would either go around or through. And considering he had beaten all of Helix's men up, he wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to try. In all of his career, he'd never met a man as determined- or insane- as Haru Glory.

He felt a presence approach him, and noticed Heliz walking up.

"Morning Boss!"

Helix just grunted.

"Ah, don't be like that. Look at that view!" He pointed out with his arm. "Inspiring isn't it?"

"Yes." Helix smirked, eyeing the city. "All that firepower, just itching to be used. "

Kady looked at him oddly. Since meeting him, Helix had been one of the strangest clients he'd met. He viewed everything with utter detachment, only caring about his main objective. And the fellow was ruthless. This plan of waiting outside the city for Glory and his girlfriend proved that.

"You know, Helix…" He paused slightly, knowing full well just how dangerous Helix could be. "You've never told me exactly why you want this bloke so bad."

"I want the girl. She has something we need. As for Glory…" He clenched his fist. "He owes me something."

Elie rose from her sleep, rubbing her eyes in the bright light. She checked her watch, noting that it was just seven in the morning. She noticed that Plue had curled up next to her in the blanket. Being careful not to disturb the guardian, she crawled out of the tent and stretched out. She looked around her. Now that it was brighter, the clearing they had settled in looked a lot better. The sandy ground shone brilliant beige, which contrasted nicely with the grey colours of the mountains and the blue of the sky. This is why she loved travelling. Your locations were always changing, and on occasion, you found one that just looked perfect.

Of course, it was always better to see it with another person. Her eyes locked on to the handsome man who lay asleep under a dishevelled blanket. Her hero. She moved closer to him, and sat down, studying his face.

He seemed to be sleeping blissfully, though he murmured slightly. Elie giggled at the expression on his face. He liked to think and act he was tough, but in some ways, he was still very much a child.

She blinked as she noticed that his face was contorting into a grimace. Also, he was shifting around a lot more. She watched, not knowing what to do.

Then, he began thrashing around wildly, kicking the blanket off him. Elie looked at his bare chest for a second, before grabbing his shoulders. He was still asleep.

"No… stay away from her…" Escaped from his lips.

"Haru! Wake up! Please!"

The black figure, with the changing faces of his former enemies, slashes at his with the sword. With no weapon, all he can do is dodge back and wait for an opening. But he is afraid. Fear radiates from this being like a plague, and it is hard to concentrate.

He eyes the girl, looking on with hope in those amber eyes.

He jumps forward, hoping to get a kick at the figure's head. But he is too slow, the sword connects and he is hurled to the ground.

He gets up, noting the large cut on his chest. He blacks out the pain. He has to stop him.

He is moving toward the girl, who looks terror stricken and unable to move. The dark one raises the sword.

"No! Stay away from her!" He shouts. He tries to move, but the pain… all he can do is hobble.

The dark one turns to look at him. The face of Shuda has a pitiful expression. "Why do you care? She's not real. None of this is real."

"I know… but.." It hits him. It is just a dream. So why is he so eager to reach her?"

The dark one speaks again. "It you want to leave this dream, there are other ways. And yet you go to her. Do you see her as the exit, or someone important?"

"I…I.."

"Humph." It now has the face of King. "How sad to be confused about something so pathetic. Like your friend."

Like his friend. Like Elie?

What does she have to do with this?

He struggles to get closer, but he already knows he will be too late. He cries in desperation as the dark one brings the blade down on the girl's head….

"HARU!"

He bolted upright, arms outstretched. "NOOOOO!"

His eyes opened. He was back again. The tent, the cliff, Plue…. Elie.

He gasped for breath. The pain he had felt was gone now. But it had felt so real. The wild-eyed teen turned his gaze to Elie. She looked at him with utter concern. Fright showed in her bright eyes. Before he could stop her, she leaned over and held him in her arms. Too tired and shocked, he just leaned on her shoulder. She rocked him gently.

"Calm down Haru. You're safe, you're safe.." She whispered into his ear.

His senses took her in. Her clean smell of her hair, the warmth of her body close to him, her gentle voice. His breathing returned to normal, as he revelled being close to her. He was amazed, it was a simple gesture on her part, and let, it made him feel so comfortable. He felt the same way whenever she cheered him on.

Elie looked into his eyes. "Haru, what was wrong? You were going berserk."

Haru sighed. "It's nothing…"

"Don't lie to me Glory!" She shouted. "I want to help you. Please, let me."

Her voice sounded pleading. He hated doing this to her.

"I can explain." The voice of Plue sounded. "It was the dream again, right Master?

Haru nodded.

"Dream?"

Haru swallowed. He might as well tell her, if only to ease her fears. "Yes. I keep having this… vivid dream. I sleep, and then I think, that I'm actually there." He touched her hand, just wanting to feel contact with her. "It's scaring me."

"I'll say." Elie said dryly. She tightened her hold on him. "You can tell me what's its about… if you want."

Haru wanted to stay quiet, but the sincerity in those lush eyes…. He breathed deep.

Minutes later, Haru explained the whole dream. Elie was wide eyed. "Wow! That is intense."

Plue cocked his head. "It seems to me that the dream is coming to an end."

"I guess. But why does she have to die? Why can't I help her?"

"It's just a dream, Master."

"Then why do I keep having it!?" The frustrated warrior cried out. "Is my subconscious trying to tell me something or what?"

"Who's the girl?" Elie asked.

Haru looked at her. "Eh?"

"The girl in your dream. Do you know her?"

Her eyes showed hurt, for some reason Haru couldn't understand.

"I don't know who she is. I can't see her face."

"Oh." She sounded disappointed.

He forced a grin. "Try not to worry, Elie-chan. I'm sure I can sort this out. But lets not forget our objective. We have to get past Platiax City now."

She smiled slightly. He hoped she felt better than he did.

"Of course. If you feel up for it."

"We'll go now." He smirked. "Unless you want to tell me your dreams."

She laughed. "You don't wanna hear MY dreams."

Haru returned the smile, and walked off with Plue to get ready.

Elie stared at the Rave Master.

"Because you're in them all." She spoke softly.

As the sky grew brighter, Plue glided across the sky. He seemed to be getting more adept at controlling his new form, and so had been flying faster and longer. Haru still warned his pal to take it easy.

As such, the silence allowed him to think of other things, like the dream. This morning, it had been the most vivid ever, and this time, it had told him something.

When the dark person had berated him for being so concerned about the girl, he had mentioned Elie. It seemed that it had been comparing Elie to the mystery girl.

Why? He had to admit; he knew that reaching the dream girl was the answer to the dream. But yet, seeing her helpless like that… he couldn't help but care slightly.

But it was nothing like Elie was to him. In many ways, she was closer. Always sharing her ideas and dreams with him, playing some joke to cheer him up, hanging out, she stuck with him in thick and thin. And he enjoyed it, the way she stayed with him.

He felt a bit selfish, wanting her around just so he could be happy, but he figured, she was happy around him too.

"I guess I really care about her more than I thought." He thought, surprised by this revelation

He remembered that Elie was still holding onto his waist, and was now aware that she was leaning on his back. He heard a sigh on contentment. Haru smiled, feeling better by her presence.

Elie stared at the back of Haru's head, lost in thought herself. She was wondering, "Why can't I just tell him?"

It wasn't like He would laugh at her. He was better than that. "But how will he react, if I tell him he's the sexiest, kindest man I've ever met, and I want to be with him forever?" Would he tell her no and leave? She shuddered slightly from the thought.

"They make it so easy in the comics. " She grumbled inwardly. She should probably just blurt it out and hope for the best. Then again, telling someone you love them while hundreds of feet in the sky on the back of a flying dog didn't seem like the most romantic situation. This needed to e more intimate.

She leaned onto his back, her cheek on the blade of the sword. She could still feel the heat from his body. It felt soothing in the cold air.

"I'll tell you soon, I promise." She thought.

Suddenly, she heard a cry from somewhere. She looked around, and heard it again. A yell for help.

She looked down, trying to get a fix on the sound. Far down below them, she spotted a young man, hanging onto a small cliff. The wreckage of what looked like a motorbike was on the top. The man was clinging desperately.

"Haru! Down there!"

Haru and Plue glanced down. "I see him. Hold on." Plue said.

The beast swooped down towards the boy. Just as his hold came loose, Haru extended an arm and grabbed the boy's collar.

"WAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!"

Plue reared up, and sighted a flat section of mountain. He landed, and Haru set the boy down. Immediately, he began gasping for breath.

He wore khakis and a green jacket. His thin face was flanked by messy black hair, and he wore a set of peculiar glasses with four lenses. He panted and stared at his saviors in amazement.

"Oh man." He wheezed. "Thanks for saving me. Man, I thought I was a goner. "

"No problem." Haru just shrugged.

"No I mean, this was a miracle. I didn't expect any jet bike riders along here." The boy rattled on. "I didn't think anybody came here."

He then looked around. "Say, where's your bike?"

Haru looked confused. What was a jet bike? "Er, I don't have one. I was on him." He pointed towards Plue.

The boy's eyes widened. "What the hell kind of dog is that!!?"

Plue ignored the comment, used to surprising people. "How are you? I'm Plue."

"It talks too? Oh man, I've got a scientific breakthrough here!" He jumped up and examined the creature. Plue sat, a bit nonplussed.

Haru sweated. "Er, yeah. Anyhow, I'm Haru Glory, and this is…."

Elie was confused by his silence, until she realised he wasn't sure what name she was now. She had forgotten that now she knew her real name. She just hadn't pressed it on Haru because she liked `Elie-chan'… whatever the hell it meant.

"Elisha Valentine. But you can call he Elie." She beamed, extending a hand. The boy took it, his face going red and darting up and down to take in her face and bosom.

"Er…. I'm Spoon" He quivered. Then, his face flushed white, and he looked back at the cliff. "Aw man, my bike!"

"Bike?" Haru asked. "How do you get a bike up here? The roads are down there."

"It's a jet bike! It flies!" Spoon said in an uppity tone. "You're not from around here, are you? These things are common as muck in Platiax."

Elie gasped. "Platiax? You're from there?"

"Yeah, wish I wasn't though. I like my job and everything, but that place is totally tolitarian."

"Can you take us there?" Haru asked.

Spoon's eyes widened. "Sure, but you must be mad if you want to work there. The hours are ungodly…."

"No no, we just need to get past it. We have to go north from there to reach our destination."

"Oh right." Spoon then looked at Haru, then Elie. "You on your honeymoon or something?"

Haru's jaw dropped, while Elie blushed and suddenly went starry eyed.

"Er… No. We're just…. Close friends." Haru explained.

Spoon nodded, then looked at Plue. "Hey, we're not travelling on that, are we?"

"Yes we are." Plue replied gruffly. He stared Spoon in the eye. "And my name is Plue."

"S..sure thing, Plue."

Haru looked towards Elie as she moved toward Plue. She looked hurt.

"You okay, Elie-chan?"

She stared into his eyes. "Sure Haru… but…" She seemed to struggle with her words. "Do you ever see people as more than just friends?"

Then she turned away, leaving a very confused Haru.

Not too far away, the camper was racing down the roads at high speed. Angela flung it into the corners, the speed forcing Ethan and Musica to hold onto the seats, and small objects, such as Griff, flying around and crashing into walls.

Picking himself off the floor, the blob screamed. "Slow down woman! You'll get us killed!"

"You're the one who wanted to go faster!" The magenta haired woman shouted back.

"I'm concerned about Haru and Elie, but not THAT concerned!" He grabbed hold of the nearest counter. "I mean, Haru can look after himself and Elie. Hell, by the time we do find them, he'll have probably kicked all the ass there is to kick."

"Wish I had your optimism." Musica spoke. "But I have a bad feeling about all this."

"The only thing you'll be feeling is the road if you DON'T SLOW DOWN!!!"

Ethan turned to his girl. "He's got a point love. This gets pretty twisty later on."

Scowling, Angela eased off the accelerator.

"Thank You!" Griff cried.

Angela turned to Ethan, her face etched in sadness. "Sorry. I guess I'm more worried about Haru than I thought. Without him, we would have never gotten back together." She took her partners hand and smiled. "I owe him a lot."

Ethan smiled back. "I know. It's our turn to rescue him."

"So um, just what is Platiax City like?" Haru asked. His words were strained, because Spoon had a death grip on his waist. Sandwiched between Haru and Elie and Plue's back, he was trying not to look down. Elie looked at him in pity.. and jealously.

"For heaven's sake, you've rode that bike thingy of yours."

"This is different! I had a seatbelt!" He yelled.

"Calm down." Plue assured. "I won't let you fall."

Haru felt Spoon's breath lower. "Okay, about Platiax City."

"Well, it ain't really a city. Just a load of factories with housing for the workers. But man, what factories!" Spoon relaxed and went into some kind of commentary mode. "They produce some on the leading military and weapons hardware."

"Weapons?" Elie questioned.

"You name it. Swords, guns, cannons, tanks, planes you name it. And not just the regular stuff. They've got some real futuristic goods in there too!"

"Like what?"

"Well, I while ago, they had this special cannon. Could suck up any energy source and convert it into a giant laser. Didn't get to use it long though. There was a security breach and Demon Card swiped it. I wonder what happened to it?"

"I think I know…" Elie murmured quietly, remembering the battle at the mermaid Seria's village, where SHE had been used to power the cannon.

"And also, they make mechas"

"Mechas?" Haru recognised the term.

"Yeah you know, giant robots. Like those cartoons." Spoon spoke with a sense of pride. "In fact, I was mechanic in one of the factories."

Plue turned his head. "Don't you feel guilty about that?"

"About what?"

"That you make machines of death. I've seen the terrible weaponry of your people and what they can do. How do you live with that?"

Spoon looked indignant. "Hey, I just make the things, okay. What happens to them and who uses them isn't my concern."

"You wouldn't be concerned if they got in the hands of someone evil?"

Spoon was silent. "Well, maybe. Sheesh. The first talking dog I meet, and it's some anti weapons hippy."

"I'm not opposed to your making weapons." Plue confirmed. "I just pray you use them responsibly. "

"Whatever man."

Haru spoke again. "So, you fly out here often on your bike?"

"Not really." The mechanic sighed. "I just needed to get out today. They're unveiling a new mecha today, and security's increased. They're making extra sure no one gets in or out. Always afraid of corporate spies and reporters you see."

"I know what that's like." Haru sighed. "Listen, is there any chance we could just go straight through? We don't want to stop."

Spoon laughed. "Didn't you hear me man? They won't let anyone in or out. I was lucky to get out myself. Unless you've got clearance, you can't get in, and if you do get in, they won't let you out until they've finished the unveiling. And they'll probably keep you in detention and make sure you don't leak anything out." He sweated slightly. "There's a rumour going round they got some kind of memory altering machine, which can erase the day's memories for you. And I do not like the sound of that."

"Try living with it for most of your life." Elie said."

"Eh?"

Elie tried to remain positive. They just had to get past here and then find the temple. Then she could get some semblance of a life. And then tell him…

"Nothing." She forced a grin. "So, how long would it take us to get past the rest of these mountains?"

Spoon rubbed his chin. "Well, the city sits in front of a valley that gives you a straight shot out of these mountains, it should only take half a day. Otherwise, to go around will take you two days."

"We can't wait that long." She gasped.

"You want to shoot over the city and into the valley?" Plue asked.

Haru patted the beast's head. "If you think you can do it, go for it."

Spoon just stared. "You two sure you're not on a honeymoon? You're in a awful hurry to get to where you're going."

"NO!" The two shouted.

"Okay." Spoon shrugged. But I have a pass into this place, so that might help."

Taking a deep breath, Plue rose as high as possible, then darted forward over the wall. He pushed as fast as he could, but the extra weight slowed him down.

Looking down, Platiax wasn't much to look at. Just several square buildings that were obviously factories and apartment blocks. Each square block was populated with tall, grimy blocks of brick and steel. Several cars passed down the roads, and occasion, a jet bike, which looked like a bike except for hover pods where the wheels would be, zoomed past. But with on other distractions, the group kept their sights on the other side of the city.

A hum of motors was heard, and a large helicopter like machine, only with hover pods on the side, rose up in front of them. Plue beat his wings in order to hover.

"This is restricted airspace!" A voice boomed from the helicopter. "Please descend now."

"Told you." Spoon mumbled.

"Get that pass out. Maybe they'll let us in as guests." Haru breathed back.

Spoon reached into his pocket and produced a pass. "It's alright, they're friends!" He held the pass out for the pilot to see. My number is 09983345."

There was silence for several minutes, then the voice spoke again. "Sydney `Spoon' Wenderbender? We've got some outstanding parking tickets here on you."

"Oh crap."

Haru shouted. "Punch it Plue!"

Plue then shot a bolt of lighting at the craft, which bucked it slightly.

"I meant run away!!" Haru shrieked.

"Sorry."

Plue darted away, but the craft, which was now stable again, gave chase.

"You asked for it. Sonic Cannon"

A loud sound like a combination of screeching metal, high pitched whining and screaming children erupted from the front of the machine. It hit the group full force, burning and tearing at their ears. Plue bucked wildly in pain, and while trying to stay aloft, crashed onto a tower roof. The three riders were sent sprawling.

The sound stopped, and Haru looked painfully up to see the craft land next to then, and the armed police exit.

Back outside the city, Helix sat inside the large helicopter, glad that he could work from here instead of that fleapit on wheels Kady called his home. He leaned forward and tapped the computer impatiently, waiting for the Internet connection to work. Gala stretched out on one of the long seats behind him.

At last, a window opened, and the white masked face of their leader appeared.

Gala peered closely at the face in fascination. Only a few of their number had seen his true face, and Helix was one of them.

"Status report." The face spoke

"We've caught up with the girl at Platiax City. We're not sure whether she's gotten here yet, so we're contemplating how to get people inside. This place is very well defended."

"Platiax, eh?" His leader rubbed his chin. "How would you like an extra curricular assignment?"

"I don't understand."

"Platiax city is the foremost weapons provider on the planet. Some of the most powerful weapons in the world are in there, including those new mechas." He clasped his hands. "That kind of firepower could be quite problematic."

"So, what do you want me to do about it?"

"Think Helix. There's only one place the girl can come out of these mountains, so you can pick up her trail there. In the meantime, this is a golden opportunity to cripple Platiax."

"Cripple?"

"Yes. Get in there, and do whatever damage you can in there. I'm sure if you acquire one of the war machines in there, you can at least destroy a few factories."

Helix frowned. "With all due respect, Lord Tyrant, the girl is more important. I feel we're getting closer to the temple."

"And you'll find it. This human fool you've hired is doing his job well. He'll find her. In the mean time…"

Gala then stood up. "I'll do it."

"You, Gala?"

"Yes. I can infiltrate the city on my own, and find a pilot of one of the machines. Then I can carry on from there."

Helix could swear Tyrant was smiling. "I can see I made a good choice in officer. Proceed as you see fit."

The screen blinked off. Helix stared at his colleague.

"I cannot believe you want to do this. This is just his whimsy."

"Look, he's got a point." She retorted. "Besides, once we find the temple, you'll get all the glory. At least let me accomplish something useful."

Helix shrugged. "Very well. But just remember the true mission here. If you see the girl or that fool protecting her, drop everything and stop her."

"Of course." She smiled. Then she frowned. "You'd better hold me. You know how feisty this one is."

"Sure." The man said nonchalantly. He got up, and moved behind Gala, holding her in a vice like hold.

"Alright. Disengage."

Kady studied his maps. A grin came to his face.

"Hah! Too easy!"

Willis walked up. "What's so funny?"

The hunter held up the map, and pointed to a place behind the city. "See here? No matter how you get past this place, either through or around, you always end up in this small valley. If we can get there fast enough, we'll catch the blighters."

"Good." Willis replied. "Maybe this will finally be over."

"Yep. Though you'll excuse me if I don't hang around after we find them. This Haru bloke scares me."

Suddenly, they heard a muffled noise. They turned to the helicopter.

"You hear that?"

Then it sounded again. A female cry. It was muffled, but Kady thought he heard someone cry, "Help let me go."

The two walked up the helicopter. Approaching the door, Kady heard another sound. It sounded like some creature scuttling away. He looked around, but saw nothing.

Helix opened the door. "What!?" He snapped.

"Well er… we figured out where we can catch them. We just need to figure out how to get past here."

"I'm working on it."

Kady looked at him quizzically. "Er, are you alright boss? "

"Yes." Then the swordsman slammed the door.

Willis just shrugged and walked off. But Kady stood in thought. Something was seriously off with this job…

A rather bleak building, with a sign saying `Platiax Security forces' on the front the only thing distinguishing it from the other building around it, was the landing point of the heli-craft. Haru, Elie and Spoon were strong armed from the craft, and behind them, Plue, restrained by a collar and leash, walked behind while being led by another officer.

They entered the building, descending down a stairwell into a cool corridor with several doors and linking halls. Haru watched as Plue was led away from them into another hall. The creature looked at him in concern.

"Where are you taking him?" Haru demanded.

"Relax, he'll be okay."

Haru wasn't convinced. The group reached a door which read `Mason Holly, Chief of Security. Sounds of arguing could be heard within.

They were shoved in. Their eyes were greeted by the sight of a fairly large office. A tall, hulky man with slicked back hair, a large chin and baby moustache, leaned back on his chair, the medal on his chest glinting in the sunlight. Another man, wearing an expensive three-piece suit, was ranting to him.

"Look!" He shouted. "This is one of the most ambitious projects we've ever created. And this unveiling is a prime target for any competitors to get a look in. We can't afford any mistakes." He mopped his brow and looked at the tall man, who just sighed.

" Mr Suzuki, in the three years I've been chief here, has there been any leaks or espionage?"

"No."

Then relax. Nothing will go wrong. Now I suggest you get there. You've got ten minutes."

Suzuki nodded, then made his exit. The tall man, who was obviously Chief Holly, turned his attention to the three teens.

"Well well, Mr Wenderbender. I hadn't expected to see you so soon after our last visit."

A vein popped on Spoon's head. "Look man, do with me what you want, but don't ever, EVER use the W name, okay!?"

"Whatever." Holly shrugged. "I deal with you in a minute. Right now, I'm more interested in your friends there." He directed his gaze toward Haru and Elie. "Care to explain why you were trying to cross the city on one of our unveilings and ran from my officers?"

Haru stepped forward. "I can explain sir, we meant no trouble. You see, I'm Haru Glory."

Holly stared at him, expecting more. Haru blinked.

"The Rave Master."

More staring by Holly.

"The guy who saved the world from Dark Bring!" Haru yelled, exasperated. "Haven't you ever heard of me!?

"Can't say I have."

"Good Grief!" Haru was about to go into another rant, when he caught sight of Elie's eyes. They looked pleading, wanting him to calm down and just try and get out of here. He smiled back, agreeing.

He shook his head. "Oh forget it. It's just that my friend and I are trying to get somewhere as fast as possible, and it would have taken too long to go around here. We don't intend to spy on your stuff or anything, we just want to go through."

"Sounds suspicious to me. May I ask the nature of this journey?"

Haru glanced back at Elie. She shook her head.

"Er sorry, but its… personal. But trust me, the fate of the world could depend on this!"

He looked at the chief, who did not look impressed.

"Seriously!" Haru gave a weak grin.

Holly leaned back into his seat. "Well I'm sorry. You seem quite sincere, but I'm afraid I have my orders. I'll have to keep you here until the morning."

Elie gasped. "WHAT? But we won't get there in time!"

"Yeah come on sir." Haru spoke. "Do we look like the kind of people who would want a giant robot or something?"

Spoon nervously raised his hand.

"Put them in the detention block. I'll talk with them later. But right now, I have an unveiling to attend."

He got up and walked past them out of the room. At the same time, The guards took hold of the three. Haru and Elie gave no resistance, knowing there would be no point to it, but Spoon went berserk.

"Hey wait man! Don't take me! I just told them where this place is! Come on man! Have a heart! My bike got busted!"

Meanwhile, down in the lower levels of the station, a gangly scientist was speeding toward a door that read, `Animal Control' He opened it, and was met by an animal handler in orange overalls. He shook the scientist's hand.

"I came as soon as I heard. What's so unusual about this animal you've detained."?

"I tell ya doc, I've caught some pretty strange looking creatures and dogs in my time, but this one is like nothing else." They walked down the corridor. "I mean, have you ever seen a dog the size of a lion with wings?"

"Can't say I have." The scientist grinned. "We may have a whole new species here."

"Yeah well, I get some credit too, okay?"

The two approached a door which read `surgery 1'

"I trust you have him restrained?"

"Yep, collars, muzzles, leashes, you name it. He ain't going nowhere.

He opened the door, and the tow stepped inside. Their eyes met the centre of the room, and the handler jumped in shock. A mess of leashes and ropes lay in a pile, but no dog.

"So, where is it?" The scientist asked, eyeing the man.

While the handler gasped for breath and the scientist sighed, Plue slipped out from behind the door and ran into the corridor.

"This is it! Game over man, game over!"

Haru sighed, getting annoyed with Spoon's ranting. He looked over the featureless cell they now inhabited. Nothing but blank grey walls, save for a small window in the door. He glanced out of it, concerned for Plue.

"I'm gonna lose my job! And then what'll I do? I'm a mechanic! I KNOW NOTHING ELSE!"

Haru looked around again. At least there was one thing that deviated from the boredom of the room. Elie.

She leaned against the wall, her hair still shining despite the dimness of the room. Her pale skin took on an odd hue, but it still illuminated her flawless body.

He'd been thinking about her like this ever since he'd seen her naked. Thinking about her and looking at her. Her beauty seemed all the more captivating to him now. Regardless of what she was doing, it was harder for him to tear his eyes off her.

He moved next to her. "You look worried." He said gently.

She smirked slightly. "Why shouldn't I be? We're in jail."

"Not for long." He assured. "They'll probably let us out after this unveiling thing." He touched Elie's shoulder. "We'll get there Elie-chan. Helix and his goons are probably having trouble getting past here too."

She flinched slightly at his touch, but then calmed down, enjoying the feel of his hand on her skin. It always felt nice, his touch. She began wondering how it would feel on her belly, her thigh, her…

"You okay Elie-chan?"

She was shaken out of her daydream. "What?"

"You zoned out for a second or so there."

"Oh! Sorry." She blushed madly, making Haru more confused.

Spoon was still ranting. "You could have showed him! I don't know what the hell a Rave Master is, but it sounded mean! You could have at least threatened him with the sword. Made him piss his pants…"

Haru wished he had the Eisonmeteor with him now, but it had been taken away along with Elie's guns. Still, he still had Rave. And a loud voice.

"WILL YOU SHUT UP ALREADY!!!" He bellowed into Spoon's face. "I'm sorry I got you into this, alright?"

Spoon froze, surprised by Haru's outburst. "Alright man, ease up. I'm just a bit hacked, that's all."

Haru smiled. "Just relax, okay. If I explain things to that chief, they might go easy on you."

Spoon grinned. "Thanks man."

Elie smiled at the scene before her. Haru always tried to talk things out before he felt he had to fight. He hardly ever got angry. In fact, he seemed to joke more with people that argue with them. She sighed. Just another reason why she loved him.

She then heard a faint knocking on the door. She crossed over to the small window. She peered out, and suddenly, a familiar face popped into view.

"PLUE!" She squealed happily.

Haru and Spoon joined her. Spoon's eyes widened. "Damn! What did they do to him?"

Haru spoke next. "Plue, do you think you can find a key or something?"

The creature nodded, and dropped out of sight. His feet could be heard skittering on the floor.

Elie turned to the Rave Master. "I thought we were going to wait it out."

"I don't want to take a chance. We should get out of here and out of these mountains tonight."

Elie frowned. "You really want to take that chance?"

"Anything for you, Elie-chan."

She blushed again.

The pilot, clad in red overalls and breathing apparatus, stomped confidently down the steel corridor. He had every reason to be pleased. Of all the mecha pilots in the corps, he had been chosen to command the new machine. This could only help to improve his career.

As he rounded the corridor, he suddenly heard a noise, and stopped. He was about to carry on down, when he heard it again. A sort of heavy breathing. He diverted his attention to an open door next to him, and the dark corridor beyond it. He peered into the doorway.

"Hello? Anyone there?" He could still hear the breathing, and it seemed to be getting closer.

He was getting on edge now. "Look, is someone there?" He stepped into the dim light. The corridor ahead of him was pitch black. But he was sure someone was there.

"Come out of there!"

And then… something did. His jaw dropped as a being unlike any he had ever seen stepped into the light. It appeared to be some kind of giant insect. But the pilot didn't stay to take in details. He turned tail and ran.

But the being pounced on him, knocking him to the floor. Before he knew fully what was going on. It dragged him into the pitch darkness. As the two disappeared from view, the pilot screamed for help.

Then there was a sound like flowing liquid. A few seconds later, the pilot emerged, looking none the worst, except walking in slight discomfort.

"Dammit." He said, his voice a different, contempt tone. "I never get used to having these things between my legs. And Helix wonders why I prefer females."

Then he continued on his way, toward the hangar.

Hiedo Suzuki mopped his brow with a hankerchief. He peered out from behind the curtain concealing the front of the hangar. A crowd of journalists stood closer to the front, with people who had paid to see the unveiling crammed in behind them. Police monitored the gates and fences surrounding the area, and he could see some frisking people and removing cameras. A heli-jet could be heard flying overhead.

He glanced back at Chief Holly, who gave a smug smile. Yep, he had everything planned. Suzuki could feel his fear diminish. He'd worked more personally on this project than the other mechas, and as such, was fiercely protective of it. But he knew Holly wouldn't fail him.

He spotted the pilot approaching the machine, and entering through the doorway in the foot.

Breathing deeply, he, Holly and his Officers stepped out from behind the curtain. The crows cheered louder as he approached the podium set up for him. Clearing his throat, he spoke into the microphone.

"Hello, and thank you for coming." His voice boomed out of the speakers around the area. "You've come here to witness a new era in combat vehicles. Fir the past ten years, Suzuki Heavy Industries has prided itself on being on the forefront of mecha design. Now, we have reached the pinnacle of mecha evolution." He could hear the hangar doors opening behind the curtain.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you…The Soyokaze!"

The curtain opened, and gasps of awe escaped the crowd. Suzuki smiled. He'd wanted this mech to look outstanding, and it seemed he had succeeded.

The red robot was a standard issue, hundred foot tall, humanoid mecha, but had been covered in new super Kevlar armour which had been molded into the form of armour worn by ancient samurai. Gold, plates on the shoulders, arms, knees and the gold helmet on the blank, featureless head were decorated with patterns similar to computer chip circuits. A sword, as long as a city bus, was sheathed on the arm, where it could be quickly deployed.

The machine stepped forward, its footsteps pounding on the concrete floor.

Suzuki continued. "The Soyokaze was designed with speed and agility in mind. The armour is made of a lightweight, yet super strong alloy, which is concentrated of what are regarded as the weak points of a mech, the knees, and joints on the arms and legs. It may sound weaker that most of our other models, but they'll be hard pressed to get a hit in. Improved turbine inner motors, as well as small jets located in the heels, mean it can race around at over 40 mph, faster than all other models."

As he spoke, the Soyokaze's upper body shifted from left to right, as if looking around for something, or posing for the audience at its feet.

"And its not short of weaponry. The Soyokaze is equipped with a heat sword capable of cutting through almost any metal, several armaments on its wrists including machine guns, flamethrowers, harpoon guns and rocket launchers. There are also hidden multiple missile launchers on the shoulders. And to show your it's hundred percent accuracy, will the pilot please fire at the target."

He indicated a red target that had been placed on top of a building the night before. He grinned at Holly. The crowd was going to love this.

The Soyokaze raised an arm. Hatches opened on the wrist, and a set of guns and weapons emerged. The arm swivelled, took aim, and a rocket was released. It shot through the air.. and struck the roof of a nearby factory. The roof exploded in fiery shards, and the crowd cheered louder.

Holly stepped closer and patted Suzuki on the back. "Nice touch, you've got them hook line and sinker."

"But he wasn't meant to shoot there.." Suzuki said in confusion.

Then the robot fired again, striking more factories. As hot debris flew in all directions, the crowd began to realise that this was no show, and began running in panic. As other building exploded, Holly grabbed Suzuki's coat.

"What the hell is going on!?"

"I don't know! The pilot's gone berserk!" Suzuki looked on in horror.

Holly grabbed a radio from his coat." This is Chief Holly calling Mech Squads One and Two. Get down to the main square and stop this thing at all costs!"

As the helicopter began to lift from the ground, Kady crouched next to Helix, who was standing by the open side door of the craft.

"We going in? I told you mate, it's impossible."

Helix smiled. "Don't worry. I imagine the security forces will be too busy to worry about us."

As the craft approached the top of the wall, Kady wondered why no one was shooting at them. He could also hear explosions.

"The hell is going on?"

The craft reached the top of the wall, and the whole city could be seen, a field of blocky buildings. And in the centre, a large robot was laying waste to some factories.

"Bloody Hell!"

Helix smiled wider.

Kady looked at him astonishment. "What are you so happy about? That thing could come after us!"

"I doubt it." He replied. He addressed the pilot. Takes us around the perimeter. But go slow."

Kady watched as some more robots appeared to take on the red one. True, it did look thrilling, but this wasn't some TV show. This was real.

And yet, Helix didn't seem to care.

At another gate leading into the city, an irate blob stood on the bonnet of Angela's camper, screaming at the guards stationed in a small hut on the side of the wall.

"Look, we just want to go past! That's all! What are you so worried about!?"

Musica leaned against the vehicle and sighed. Griffon Kato was not what you would call a master negotiator. Angela and Ethan sat in the camper, looking bored.

The guard spoke to Griff. "Look, I have to check these things. You could be spies for all I know."

"Spies!?" Griff spat, pointing at the three humans. "You really think they'd let two beach bums and a girl who can't see her feet become spies?"

"Hey!" Angela snarled.

Musica glared at the blob. "Just keep it up, Kato. If they don't shoot you, she will."

He indicated Angela, who glared at Griff with constrained rage.

Griff whispered back. "Look, I'm just trying to make us look non threatening. Play along and look a bit dumber."

Suddenly, there was an explosion, followed by several others. The guard was joined by another one.

"What the hell…"

"In the town square. The mech's gone berserk!"

"But how?"

"I don't know! Look, you've got to help evacuate the people!"

"Right." The first guard pointed at the group. "Just stay there."

The two guards left, leaving a bemused Griff, and a worried Musica, Angela leaned back in the seat.

"Why do I have this feeling Haru's gotten himself into trouble again?"

"Something's going on in there." Ethen rubbed his temple. "I'm sensing a lot of panic."

Musica stared at the metal wall. He heard another explosion. "Man. He should just stick a sign on his back saying `Target for lunatics.' First this group, then Lance and now this." He sighed. "Hope they're all right."

Plue ran down the metal-floored corridor as fast as his small legs could carry him. Apart from feeling a bit weak from being apart from Rave, he figured his usual body would make it easier to get around undetected.

He peered around a corner, and spotted what he figured his master had been talking about. Two men in the security uniform were lounging on a desk, looking very bored. The sword and Elie's guns were laid out on the desk. On the wall behind them, several key cards were hung on small hooks.

The Rave guardian sat down and began thinking. He needed to get rid of the guards in order to find the right key card. But he felt too weak to transform. He'd either have to distract them and then swipe the key, or maybe he could jump and stab them in the head.

He frowned. It was times like this he wished Griffon were around. He may act like a fool half the time, but the blob was a fast thinker.

Suddenly, cries were heard. Plue looked around again, and was surprised. Even in his long life, he'd seen nothing like this.

The two guards were hanging in the air, as if suspended by an invisible figure, which now help them by their throats. Then the two were flung down the corridor.

Plue stepped out from behind the corner, wanting to get a better look at this. The air before him shimmered slightly, and a man appeared.

He was clad in black jeans and jacket with silver armour on the legs and shoulders. A sword was holstered on his waist. A black cloak covered the lower half of his face, but wizened gold eyes could be seen under black hair.

Plue frowned, partly because he had no idea how he could not have sensed this man, partly because he was not sure what his intentions were. The man grabbed a key from the wall, then looked down at the small creature.

"Well well, Plue. We meet again." He spoke in a deep voice.

Plue was even more confused now. Did he know this person?

"I guess you don't remember me. Reincarnation does that to you I guess."

That was true. Plue's memories of his past life with Shiba were rather fragmented. He resumed his concentration on the man.

"Come on. Lets free your friends."

He picked up the weapons, then strode down the corridor, Plue close behind. He was beginning to get the feeling… he did know this man from somewhere. But where?

They approached the door, and opened it. A second later, Spoon jumped out and grabbed the man's arms.

"I'm innocent! INNOCENT! I had no idea he was a master of Groove or whatever!"

"Master of Rave." Haru sighed as he and Elie stepped out. The two looked at the man. "Who are you?"

"Just a friend." He replied simply. He handed out the weapons.

Elie pointed a finger. "You're that guy whose been following us around, aren't you?"

"I have been watching over you, Elisha."

Elie gasped. "Do.. do you know what's going on? What this temple is?"

The man just stared. "It would be too risky to tell you now. But I promise, once you reach the temple, all will be explained. It's not far to go now."

"Finally." Haru sounded relived.

Elie continued looking at the man. The more he concentrated on him, the more she felt a great presence of power behind him. It felt almost like the power within Haru, only less so. Ane somehow it seemed.. familiar.

Then, she was shaken from her trance, and a loud explosion sounded.

"The hell was THAT?!" Spoon yelled.

"Follow me." The mystery man beckoned. He ran towards the exit, the others trying to keep up. They ran up several stairwells until they reached a door. Stepping through it, they found themselves outside on a balcony. Haru blinked as his eyes adjusted to the brighter light. Then he saw something he thought was only limited to his anime collection.

A hundred foot tall robot, designed to look like a samurai, was laying waste to buildings all around it with rockets and guns. Smoke from burning buildings covered the sky, blocking out the sun.

From the dark cloud, two bulkier mecha, grey coloured and with large knives, descended using jet packs, and as they landed, began advancing toward the red robot. But the samurai mech simply spun round, and a sword extended from the right arm. The arm swept across the air, and sliced the grey mech's legs off. The two machines collapsed to the ground, and the red mech continued with its mission of destruction.

Haru, Elie and Spoon stared in horror at the unfolding scene.

"You know, this would be really cool… if it wasn't MY HOME!!" Spoon cried out.

"Haru…" Elie said blankly. "It's him."

"Helix?"

"Or one of his cronies. I get the feeling it's him."

"We should go." The man beckoned.

The three began to move, but Haru stayed where he was, looking out at the robot.

"Haru-maki?" Elie questioned, a worried look on her face. He couldn't possibly be thinking…

"You guys go on ahead." He said. "I'm gonna try and stop that thing."

Spoon blinked. "Excuse me? Stop THAT!?"

"Well, yeah. Your police can't handle it. I think Rave can stop it."

The man stepped closer. "Listen, this isn't important. We must get to the temple."

Haru glared angrily. "You don't think it's important that people are being killed by that thing? Sorry if I disagree with you, but I can't let Helix get away with this."

The man gave a look of contempt. "And how do you intend to stop it? Even with your power, that sword won't cause much damage to it. And how will you get close?"

Haru looked again at the rampaging mech, trying to get an idea. Elie could picture the gears working in his head. Haru could be a scatterbrain most of the time, but when he got a plan… it was always out of the ordinary.

She still couldn't believe he'd want to sop the robot. Sure, he'd destroyed Dark Bring, but this was an entirely different enemy. And yet, he still wanted to stop it. How could one man be so noble?

Haru turned to Spoon. "Can you pilot one of those mechs yourself?"

Spoon's eyes became saucers. "Well, yeah I know how to…. But you can't seriously expect me to fight that thing?"

"Don't worry, I'll do most of the work. Can we get a mech?"

"Sure. I've done repair work for this place, so I can get into the hangars over there." He indicated a large grey hangar. "If they're not all taken already."

"Then lets go!" Haru ran off, Plue and Spoon close behind. Elie was about to join them, but the man grabbed her arm.

"For God's sake. You need to get out of here, and this is your one chance to do so without Helix noticing you." He said coldly.

"I'll risk it." Elie said flatly.

"Don't you care about finding your life?"

Elie pulled her arm free. "I can wait a bit longer to find my life. But right now I have to help. I have to make sure he's okay."

She ran off after them. The man just crossed his arms and sighed.

"Stubborn. Just like her mother."

The three people and one dog creature stepped onto a nearly empty room the size of a cathedral. Various workstations and metal gantries littered the floor. And next to one gantry, was the imposing figure of a mecha. A blue model, with square armour on the shoulders and large guns attached to the arms. Haru and Elie's mouths dropped.

"Wow."

"Ain't she a beaut" Spoon grinned. "The T-80 Midget. Fast around the battle field, but can pack a real punch with mounted guns and powerful fists and kicking legs."

"Wow. You pilot this thing a lot?" Haru asked. Spoon then looked sheepish.

"Well… to tell the truth, I've never sat in a mech."

"But you said you knew how to work these things."

"I do! This place has a simulator in a basement, with controls modelled on the real thing. I've practiced a lot." He gave an insecure grin.

Elie clapped a hand over her eyes. "Oh my God! We're relying on a guy who plays video games!"

"Spoon, you don't have to do this…" Haru consoled.

"Hey I wanna help. This town may stink, but its my town."

He ran to the ladder and began climbing to the head of the robot. He opened a small hatch on the side of the head, and climbed in, beckoning the others to follow.

Upon entering, Haru looked around. The small, dark space they were in was empty save for a console with a large screen and several dials and gauges. Positioned in front of the console was what looked like a harness. Spoon was hanging by this harness, with odd-looking gloves and boots on his body. He placed a helmet on his head, which was wired to the wall like the other bits.

"This thing is easy to operate in theory." He explained as he tapped a few buttons on the gloves. "Once the interface gets working, the mech responds to your body movements."

The screen flickered to life and the view from outside could be seen. Haru could hear engines humming down below. He watched as Spoon raised his arm. At the same time, the robot's arm appeared in the view screen. Spoon flexed his arm, and the mech followed suit.

"Cool. That looks so easy."

"Yeah, looks easy. But it takes a lot of concentration." Spoon gulped. "Well, lets get going."

He moved his feet in the air, and the robot suddenly lurched forward. Haru and Elie grabbed the nearest handholds, but Plue was sent flying.

"Easy!"

"Sorry. Man, this is so different from the simulator."

The robot took jaunty steps into the town square, rubble crunching under the massive feet. They saw the red robot still causing more destruction.

"Look at that!" Elie gasped. "How many building's has that thing trashed?"

"Too many." Haru said gruffly.

Spoon glanced back at the pair. "So, what's your plan man? Cause I've only gotten to level 5 on the combat training game, and there's no way I can fight that thing."

"Simple. I'm gonna distract it and try to take out those guns on it, then you dive in and strike it. This thing should do more damage to it than I can."

Elie and Spoon looked at him like he'd gone mad.

"Distract it. Riiiiiiiight. Like, how.

"With the help of this." Haru produced the Dragon Esper. He concentrated on it, and the glow engulfed his body like the day before.

"This is a disaster!" Suzuki screamed, his voice echoing around the security station's command room. "My plans for future mayorship are going down the drain!"

Holly stared him down. "Look at me and see if I give a damn!" He pointed toward the main monitor, where a camera showed the Soyokaze taking out more security mecha. "That thing's taken out my best robots, and I'm having trouble rallying others up."

He paused for breath and mopped his brow. Officers were running all over the place, which did nothing to calm him down.

"Why the hell is the pilot doing this?"

"I'll bet he defected to one of our competitors. Get him on the radio. What ever they're offering him, I'll double it!"

"No. We can't reach him, he's not answering. Besides, he can't have defected. We screened him ourselves. He's one of the most loyal pilots we have." He stared out at the destruction. "I don't get it. It's like he's a different person."

He then noticed a blue robot walking toward the Soyokaze.

"Who the hell authorised that robot out there?"

No one answered. Holly watched as the mech moved closer, with stumbling steps. Who the hell was piloting that thing? This was suicide.

The helicopter had landed on a nearby roof, with a large sign that read `Honest Jake's used Sky Bikes!" Helix, Willis and Kady stood and watched the robot continue its carnage.

"Shouldn't we try and get out of here?" Willis asked.

Helix smirked. "It would be unwise to go across while that thing is still running. We're safe enough here. We'll wait for the authorities to take it down."

"What bloody authorities?" Kady cried out. "It's knocked out everything that's tried to take it out!"

A helicopter was swatted out of the sky by the Soyokaze, and sent spinning to the ground. Kady glanced at Helix. He looked as if he was having the time of his life. What the hell was with him?

Another thing. Where was that girl, Gala?

He got up and walked back to the helicopter. Peering inside, he spotted her lying in the back of the craft. She looked supremely weary.

"How can she sleep with this ruckus going on?" He thought. Shrugging. he returned to the other two.

He then saw the blue robot moving toward the Soyokaze.

"Well, at least one's standing." He said.

As the Soyokaze turned to face the blue robot, a small shape suddenly flew out of the head and hovered in between the two machines.

Kady grabbed his binoculars and took a closer look at this flying object.

"Bugger me! It's him!"

"Holy crap!" Spoon yelled, as the dragon armour appeared on Haru. "Where did that come from?!""

"Long story." Haru pulled out the Eisonmeteor. "Now I'm gonna go out there, and cause it some trouble. Then you move in and attack. Can you handle that?"

"Everything except that suit."

"Okay then. Good luck to you man."

He patted Spoon on the shoulder, then moved toward the exit. Then Elie grabbed his arm.

"Haru-maki."

He looked at her tenderly. He could see she was concerned for him.

"Please Haru. Be careful." She held tighter. Haru gently pulled his arm free.

"I will. I promise."

Then he opened the hatch, and flew out.

Elie turned to the view screen; hands clasped on her chest, and saw Haru hover between them and the red mecha.

"Damn!" Spoon exclaimed. "How the hell does he do that?"

Elie just looked on in silence.

"Please. Don't go… before I tell you."

"How the hell does he do that?" Kady asked aloud.

"He's got skill beyond what I expected." Helix responded. "But I can't see how it will help him now. One must admire his bravery."

"Hey, if he gets flattened, I still get paid, right?"

Oh, how she was enjoying this. Stomping around and watching the buildings crumble around the huge mechanical body she inhabited. She was unsure which was the best part though. Taking out the opposing robots and sending them flying., or seeing the people below panic and flee.

Either way. This was the most entertaining thing she'd done since coming here. Lord Tyrant would be pleased.

Then she saw the robot approach. "More meat." She thought. But then she saw the figure flying out in front of her. She blinked in confusion. Wasn't that… the boy they were after.

The flying thing was unexpected, but it seemed he wanted to fight her on his own. The fool, what could he do?

She readied the mech, planning to take out the blue robot forst. Gunning the boot jets, she darted toward this new robot.

Haru hovered slightly unsteadily between the two robots. He could read a name on the side of the deadly red one `Soyokaze'.

"Soyokaze? Gentle breeze, my ass."

He felt his control of the powers of the Dragon Esper improve. He hadn't had a lot of practice with it, but like Rave, the powers seemed to come naturally.

The Soyokaze turned to the Midget, then raced forward, blowing Haru away. Readjusting himself, He saw the red mech slam into the Midget, knocking it back.

Inside, Elie and Plue were flung against a wall, while Spoon trued to regain control. In the view screen, metallic fists rained onto the body. The room shook from the repeated impacts.

"Block you moron!" Elie yelled.

Spoon raised the mech's arms, and the blows were lessened. He then jumped back, flying several feet in the air, before landing with a resounding thump.

"Man, this thing is way more nimble than in the game."

"Would you stop jumping around!!?"

"Excuse me! Normally, there's only meant to be one person in here."

Elie was about to shout back, but then she saw the Soyokaze jetting toward them and screamed. Spoon readied himself, but he knew this hit was gonna be bad.

Suddenly, a blur flashed past the red mech's leg, and the machine stumbled to the ground.

Wondering what had happened, Spoon jumped when Haru hovered onto the viewscreen.

"Can you hear me Spoon? Now's your chance!"

Spoon nodded, and responded by giving the Soyokaze a resounding kick in the chest. The red robot was sent flying, and crashed to the ground.

"Yeah!" Elie cried. "Wooooaaah!" She fell as the Midget ran forward.

The Soyokaze raised an arm and fired a salvo to machine gun fire at the blue robot. It shuddered from the impacts, but kept moving forward, it's dash ending with a punch to the Soyokaze's torso. It was forced back, but quickly recovered and pounced forward, hitting the Midget with a blow of its own.

The gun arm was about to fire again, but Haru spotted it in time. He raced forward and swung his sword at the gun mounted on the arm. It flew off easily from his strike.

Darting back, he saw the red robot turn to track him and aim another weapon. But before it could fire, Spoon kicked it, and sent it sprawling.

The Soyokaze got up again, and using the boot jets, streaked across the ground. Before Haru or Spoon could react, the Midget was hit with several rapid fire punches. The body shook and rattled, plates falling from the armour.

Spoon looked up, in a daze. His eyes widened as he saw the red robot standing before him, preparing to stab the head with the large sword.

One the roof of the bike shop Kady's mouth gaped open. "They're kebabs now." He breathed, as the robot raised the sword.

Helix gave a small smile.

From the command centre, Holly watched in horror. Whoever that pilot was, he was extremely brave to try and stop this thing on his own.

But now he was about to be skewered, and there was no chance of getting to him in time. This would need a miracle.

Haru growled angrily. He should have been acting faster than this. He shouldn't have let Elie get on the mech. He should have been acting better to protect her.

He flew as fast as possible toward the Soyokaze. In the back of his mind, he calculated how to destroy the blade and commanded Rave to transform the sword into the Explosion Blade. But one thought consumed his mind.

He had to save Elie-chan.

The Eisonmeteor glowed with a bright light, and within that light, morphed into a thinner, orange coloured blade with black stripes running along it. He poured on the speed.

In the cockpit of the Midget, Spoon was waving his arms frantically in the air. "Arrgh! The controls are busted!"

Elie just stared in horror at the massive blade. The arm swung down…

Then a blur struck it just seconds before it hit the cockpit. At the same time, a ball of fire erupted in front of them, so intense was it, the heat could be felt through the think walls.

As the fire cleared, they saw the Soyokaze standing motionless, the sword cut in half. Elie beamed a smile as she saw Haru, holding the explosion blade.

He looked at them, and gave his most assuring smile. She almost swooned at that point

"Are you all okay?" His voice sounded through hidden speakers.

Spoon responded. "Yeah, but the controls are messed up. If I give them a few minutes, they might start working again."

"I'll buy you some time." Then he flew up out of sight.

He got some distance from the two mechs, then shouted out. "THAT ALL YOU GOT?"

The red mech turned to face him. Then the shoulder pads opened up.

She could hardly believe it. How could one kid have destroyed that blade, which she'd heard was one of the strongest in existence? He, and whoever was controlling that blue robot…

She located him on the view screen. He was taunting her, waggling his hand. Rage burned within her.

She tapped some buttons on the control glove. On the screen, the words `Homing Missiles' appeared, and a target appeared on the boy.

She grinned, and fired.

Elie jumped as the sound of rushing air nearly burst her eardrums. She saw what looked like hundreds of rockets shoot from the red mech's shoulders. They danced across the sky, each leaving wavy trails of smoke in the air, but all were heading toward one target: Haru.

She gasped in horror, then started begging, preying, he would be alright. She closed her eyes. Plue barked frantically at Spoon, who was trying to get the Midget moving again.

Haru froze at the sight of the missiles streaking toward him. He hung in the air, mind racing for a solution to this problem. But it seemed impossible. Who had ever survived a multiple missile attack?

Then it hit him. "Oh yeah. I have." He thought, remembering how the Demon Card had once shot rockets like this at him before. And he remembered how to deal with it.

He concentrated, and the sword began to transform again. It seemed to go forever as the missiles got closer, but the blade became the Gravity Core sword, a large grey sword that could command gravity.

He held the sword in front of him, and commanded a shield in front of him. Seconds later, the first missile hit.

Elie held her breath as a cloud of smoke engulfed her love, and the sound of several exploding rockets resonated in her ears.

Seconds later, all the rockets were gone, the smoke still lingering in the air. She looked up hopefully. He had to… needed to have survived.

The smoke began to waft away, revealing a panting Rave Master, holding his weapon. He looked exhausted, but stayed resolute.

She gave a silent cry of relief. The sword and Rave had saved him again.

"He's not human." Kady gasped. "HE'S NOT HUMAN!!!"

Helix's eyes were raised for once. What ever power the boy commanded, whatever this Rave was, it was beyond anything he'd ever seen.

He saw the Soyokaze moving. He noticed Glory looked tired. Maybe there was a chance to finish this.

Although he was exhausted, Haru wasn't about to give up now. He could feel his power ebbing, but he could see the red mech was standing still. The pilot was probably wondering how he had survived the rockets. This would be his one chance to finish this. He glanced over to the blue mech. It was still moving, but was getting up shakily. He hoped Elie, Plue and Spoon were all right.

He faced the Soyokaxe, which was moving closer to him, albeit in small steps. He narrowed his eyes on the torso.

Calling on all his strength, he flew towards the robot at high speed. Before the arms could react and stop him, Haru swung the Gravity Core… and hit the chest of the mech dead on.

The resulting force of the powerful sword tore a massive chunk of metal armour off, with a horrid screeching noise. It flew away, and the red machine stumbled backwards. Haru darted back and saw the midget on its feet. The body seemed to be shaking for some reason.

"SPOON!" He yelled. "FINISH IT!"

Inside the head of the Midget, shuddering metal could be heard, resonating on the walls.

"What's wrong?" Elie asked Spoon.

The mechanic struggled with the controls. "The engines are overheating. And all the coolant's leaked out. This thing ain't gonna last much longer!"

He then heard Haru's shout, and saw the red mech reeling from the blow. He zeroed on the gaping wound in the chest.

"But I'm ending this, no matter what!"

He steadied the robot and raised one of the arms straight out.

"Better hold on. This is going to be epic."

Elie grabbed the nearest handhold and crouched down. Plue hopped into her other arm, and she held the small creature tight.

Spoon activated the jets on the feet of the Midget, and the robot streaked across the ground. It shot straight toward the stricken red mech. Spoon narrowed his eyes, and braced himself for impact.

The fist hammered into the open chest of the Soyokaze, with such force, the sound could be heard for miles around. Time seemed to freeze, and the blue mech stood with its fist still stuck in the red mech's chest. There was no sound… then explosions erupted from the chest of the Soyokaze, fire bursting from its armour.

Haru watched, a smile on his face. Then his face turned white as he realised the Midget wasn't moving away from the exploding wreck.

Spoon, Plue… Elie-chan! He had to get them free.

"I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!" Spoon yelled in victory. He then realised the robot was not moving. And the other one was starting to catch fire.

"I mean.. WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!" He waved the controls frantically.

Elie, slightly dazed from the impact, got up shakily, and didn't register Spoon's words at first. Then she heard the hatch open.

Haru fell through the doorway and hit the floor. Elie rushed to his aid, noting the Dragon Esper armour was gone.

He raised his head and smiled, delighted to see that she was all right. "They make it look so easy in the manga."

Elie helped him up, and leaned him on her shoulder. He was surprised slightly when she put her arms around him tight. But he relaxed in her embrace. It felt… nice.

"Oh for the love of…" He heard Spoon exclaim. "I forgot about the eject button."

"THE WHAT!!?"

Helix, Kady and Willis watched as the head of the blue mech shot of from the main body, and rocketed away into the horizon. At the same time, the head from the Soyokaze flew off, and fell at an arch toward some of the higher buildings, before parachutes sprung free, slowing its desent.

A few seconds later, the Soyokaze exploded, the ball of fire taking out the Midget as well. It lasted for only a second, but the explosion seemed to last forever for all that watched it.

The fire faded away, the smoke dissipated, and there was nothing left of the two war machines.

Kady wiped his brow. "Well, great way to spend your afternoon, eh?"

Helix wasn't listening. His concentration was on the spot on the horizon where the blue mech's head had disappeared.

He spun round and hopped on one of the jet bikes on the roof. Kady watched with wide eyes as he fiddled with the controls, hotwired it, then took the craft into the sky. Before Kady could stop him, Helix rocketed off into the sky.

"Bloody Hell. Why do I always get saddled with the weird ones…?"

Haru opened his eyes. The last thing he remembered before blacking out was being hurled through the air with tremendous force, and Elie's screams..

Then he realised his arms were wrapped around Elie's lithe form. Her eyes were closed.

He breathed deeply, relieved that she was all right. He felt foolish for letting her get involved in this. He didn't want her to get hurt. He wanted to protect her…

He realised his thoughts were rambling. He shook his head in confusion.

Elie's eyes opened, and she lifted her head to look at him. Bright amber met steel blue, and the two smiled.

"You're alright." She breathed.

"You too." He answered shyly, feeling a bit odd at the way she lay on top of him.

Then, Plue's face obscured Haru's view. The small creature hugged his master's head, and as Haru pulled him off, he was met with a wide-eyed Spoon.

"THAT ROCKED!!" He screamed. "That was the best experience of my life! That beat the crap out of the game! Oh man, I see it now! This is my destiny! To be a mech pilot!"

Haru and Elie rolled their eyes.

"Yeah, that's great Spoon. But do you think you could let us out of here?"

The mechanic calmed down slightly. "Oh yeah! Sure thing. Take it easy though. The place is upside down, and you might feel a bit shaky."

He walked carefully across the floor, which was the roof of the head, and opened the hatch. Then he helped Haru up, and together with Elie, guided him outside.

Haru looked around, and was glad to see a green forest. It was comforting to see green spaces after so long over the mountains. The sun was beginning to set over the trees.

"Guess we got past the city." Elie smiled.

Haru managed to get on his own feet, though he still felt weak at the knees. Spoon got excited again.

"You kicked ass out there man! Ass! I don't know how you did it…"

"Hey, you did good yourself Spoon. You should get a medal for this."

"Damn straight!"

Elie then felt a twinge in her senses. Something was approaching. And it felt evil.

"Uh.. guys?"

Suddenly, there was a rush of air above them, and they looked up to see a jet-bike shoot over their heads. As it flew off, the driver jumped off and landed gracefully on his feet. He turned to the three.

Haru glared angrily. "Helix."

"Glory." The swordsman replied. "I believe you've got something of mine."