Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Living A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 1: Unlikely Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1: Unlikely Encounter

"Darn you!!! Stop bullying my friends!!!" A boy's angry cry accompanied his fist that was ready to unleash its blow to the enemy. However, the lad's opponent effortlessly evaded the attack and answered back with a strong kick to the boy's stomach. The defeated one lost consciousness and fell to the ground--joining his knocked-out comrades.

The orange sun revealed itself behind the amber clouds, giving chance to its rays to spread on the afternoon land. School was over a few hours ago and most of the students have left. Except for a group of boys and another boy, who decided to settle things in a petty fight. The single lad may seem disadvantageous at first, but in the end, he was the only one left standing.

The boy shoved his silver hair off his face and breathed out a sigh. Then he turned around and walked away from the scene.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The next day...

"I'LL BE GOING NOW!!!!" A brown haired girl suddenly came down the stairs and hurriedly gushed towards the door.

"Elie!!! Your breakfast!!!!" The girl's mother cried out. But only a slam of the door was heard. "Mattaku, she's woke up late again...," her mom uttered softly.

Meanwhile, Elie was catching her breath as she ran as fast as she could just so to reach school on time. It was around 7 in the morning, but the streets of Symphonia were already busy. People were everywhere, but someone caught Elie's attention...

There was this little kid who was crying, muttering about his ball that rolled in the middle of the street where many people use to walk. Elie felt pity on the child and decided to go to him and offer help. But before she even took a step, she was surprised.

"Here it is," said the silver-haired guy coming from the pavement towards the toddler. He gave him a small basketball, which made the kid break his tears into a smile. "Thank you, sir!" With that, the small boy ran to the adjacent street probably to go back to his house.

Elie, who was still in a state of shock, stood motionlessly on the other side of the road still looking at the guy.

"What the? It's Haru...," she thought to herself as her face suddenly turned red. It was Haru! She's been having a crush on this guy ever since the first day of classes! However, this Haru was known as a tough guy in their campus. He rarely talks to people, especially with girls.

Just then, Haru noticed someone looking at him from afar. He turned around and saw a girl on the other street standing there and doing nothing.

"What the heck is she upto...is that Elie?" He sweatdropped as he wondered. But he didn't care much and just left.

Finally, Elie gained back her senses and realized that Haru has left.

"EEEEEEH???? I'M GONNA BE LATE!!!!!!!!!!"

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

That day all the beaten boys were absent and the news of their defeat spread like fire in the whole campus.

"Really? Then that guy must be so strong!" A student commented after hearing the story.

"That's right! Imagine, those guys studied martial arts before and yet they were just trashed by a freshman!" Another one said.

"Ohayo!" Elie greeted as she entered her classroom. The other girls smiled back at her. "I thought I was gonna be late for today!" She uttered as she put her things on her table.

"Hey, have you heard the news? Haru defeated some group of seniors yesterday!" A friend of hers informed her. Another girl came and added, "Yup! Haru's really getting mean...I'm actually feeling a bit scared of him now!"

Elie suddenly reacted, "He's not that mean! I saw him a while ago helping a child! He even made that kid smile!"

"Elie," Melodia tapped her shoulder. "We know you have a big crush on him but he's acting quite dangerously recently. How do you expect other people to react after hearing what happened?"

"How were you able to develop a liking on that guy anyway?" her friend asked.

"Well," Elie bowed down as if trying to cover her reddening cheeks. "I don't exactly know but when I saw him sleeping on the rooftop before, he looked so calm and..."

"And?" The girls' eyes turned round in wonder.

"...and...cute."

Silence.

A few moments later, all of them burst out in laughter of what they've just heard leaving the poor Elie confused if she had said anything wrong.

"WILL YOU QUIT IT!!!" Demanded the embarrassed girl.

"Okay, okay!" Soon afterwards, their laugh turned into giggles until they totally halted.

"Elie-chan you're sooo cute!" Melodia happily remarked when she saw Elie blushing and pouting.

"Sorry about that, Elie-chan. Well, I have to admit he does got the looks but what about his attitude? Don't you care about that?"

Elie intermitted.

Then she replied, "Yes, I do. But I don't think he's really the person he's showing everyone."

After their talk, the bell rang and signaled the start of classes for the day.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Finally! Classes are over!!!

"Jaa ne, Elie-chan! We'll be leaving now!" Melodia said waving her hand at her together with their other friends.

Elie paused erasing the blackboard to bid goodbye to her friends. After they have gone, she continued cleaning the room with the other students.

"Elie, could you throw the garbage downstairs? I need to mop this thing first," her classmate requested.

Elie nodded her head in approval and took the small garbage bag.

Downstairs, as she headed to the main trash bin, she was looking at the sky and pondering about what Melodia said.

"I don't think Haru's a mean person," she thought to herself. "Maybe something's just pushing him to act like that...besides, he doesn't look like a creep..." A weird looking goon suddenly popped in her imagination. She then shook her head. "At least not that way...," she then started to blush(again!). "He looks too good to be bad."

All of a sudden she saw Haru walking towards the faucet which was just a few feet away from her. Okay, there goes the adrenaline rush...

Haru halted in front of the sink and opened the faucet as if not minding Elie's presence. However, Elie was so nervous that she began to tremble! She was too pre-occupied of her thoughts of him to notice a banana-peeling fall off the loosely tied trash bag.

After the silver-haired boy have finished, he took out his hanky and left. Elie then remembered that she was already taking too long standing there and doing nothing. She abruptly took a step forward but because of the fallen banana peeling...

"AAAAAH!!!!"

she slipped.

She lost grip of the garbage bag which flew in up in the air 'til it started falling...

falling...

falling on top of Haru's head.

She dropped on the ground and felt a slight pain on her foot.

"Aw...huh?" Looking up, she saw a static body in front of her, with a black plastic bag of garbage on his head with some trashes dropping to the grassy floor.

She felt like a bolt of lightning struck her. Why of all people who can 'experience' her clumsiness...why does it have to be HARU?!?!?!

"Uh...well," Elie tried to sit up but was still tensed of what she has done.

"Oh my God...this is the worst day ever!!!!" she berated herself seeing Haru's shoulder shuddering in anger...

Haru broke the tension and silence in the scene saying, "You--"

Elie looked at those angered amber orbs. Haru then took the plastic off his head and threw it forcefully on the ground. He started patting his uniform to remove some dirt.

The confused girl quickly stood up and bowed in apology.

"I'm really sorry about that! I didn't mean to do that...it's just because of my clumsiness!"

Haru paused and looked at her. She stared back cautiously.

"Buy me a new uniform, then I'll forgive you," he turned his back and moved forward.

"H-Hey! Wait up! I don't have much money to buy you a new uniform! And why should I???"

But he continued as if he didn't hear anything.

"Chotto!" Irritated, she grabbed a large tupperware cup from the scattered trashes and threw it straight to Haru's head.

"Ouch! WHY THE HECK--?!"

"You just can't order me to do things for you so buy your own uniform yourself!!"

"But you dirtied it!"

"Then wash it!!!"

"Tch!" He abruptly turned away. "Okay, I give up!" He raised his hand and took a few steps forward. "By the way," he smirked at her. "You look really cute when you're angry!"

"Wh--what..." Elie steamed at his comment. She then slackened herself and tried to focus on the one thing she's supposed to do: throw the garbage.

END of CHAPTER 1