Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Living A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 7: Lucia's Game ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

RAVE

Disclaimer: I don't own Rave. Just borrowing its characters for a while.

________________________________________________________________ __

Chapter 7: Lucia's Game

Just as the two teenagers stepped on the dancefloor, the music stopped.

The crowd abruptly reacted at the sudden halt, but a few seconds later, a new genre of music was played--romantic and sentimental music!

Everyone then got their own partners for a sweet dance, and well, lucky Haru he already got someone to pair up with. But something was wrong. He wasn't moving an inch.

"Are you alright, Haru?" Elie asked as she looked at his eyes that were like staring at something from afar.

"Haru, what are you doing?! You're supposed to dance with her!!!" Haru was scolding himself in his mind but his body won't cooperate.

He seemed not to have heard Elie's question, so she had no choice but to act first herself.

She placed her arms gently on his shoulders and looked at his eyes once again. Finally, the boy snapped out from his thoughts and slackened himself.

"Let's dance," she whispered.

Haru then put his hands on her waist and drew her nearer to him. He felt a little nervous, but he's happy to have her as a dancepartner. They swayed with the rhythm of the song, and now both were wearing gratified smiles on their faces.

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

Musica, who was sitting on a bench away from the rest, was watching his friend dance with the brown-haired girl. He seemed to be glad at how those two come closer in getting to know each other better.

Melodia then went to him handing him a cold can of cola.

"This is really great! Elie's been waiting for this moment!" Melodia started.

"Yeah. They do look good together, don't they?" He answered.

She just smiled and nodded her head as she looked at them. But Elie's not the only one who's enjoying this, she also felt really glad for Musica stayed with her this night.

"They're so cute..." Melodia murmured to herself in compliment for Haru and Elie.

"And how about..." Musica slowly said. "...us?"

Her heart suddenly began to beat faster. "What?"

"Us. Do we look good together?" The spiky-haired boy stared at her shocked face as his cheeks began to blush.

She broke their eyecontact when she looked down and said, "I...don't know."

Musica then giggled shortly. "Sorry, I know that was a stupid question. For the meantime, why don't we dance again?"

"Alright."

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Aw! Haru, that's the second time already!" Elie complained shortly after the boy accidentally stepped on her foot once again.

"Sorry, sorry! I'm not really good at this stuff you know..."

"Okay, I understand. Please just be careful now, alright?"

"O--kay." He replied with a sweatdrop.

A few seconds later...

"AAAAAW!!!!!!!" came out a loud scream from Haru whose head almost ended up bumping on Elie's...

"BAKA!!!" came out another bloody scream from an angered girl with a matching death blow on the poor fellow.

The worn-out lad was quickly knocked down on the ground and caused a minor commotion on the people near them.

"Who the heck hit my head?!" The amber-haired boy recovered.

"It's me! And I'm proud to say it!!!" A blond person with a bandage tied around his head marched to his rival.

"Lucia?! How were you able to recover so quickly?!"

"It's none of your business!" Lucia suddenly kicked Haru's head. "And how dare step on Elie's foot twice!!! I'll never forgive you for that!!!"

"Oh come on! Stop over-acting with that overused line!" Haru replied while scratching his head. Lucia then grabbed his collar and leered at him.

"Hey, hey, stop fighting over such a petty thing okay?" Elie said to make them quit quarelling.

Lucia then placed his hands on his waist.

"Alright then, Glory," he exclaimed in a mocking tone. "Why don't we just settle this in a simple game?"

"What game?" Haru wondered.

"Lucia-san!" The blond boy's companion suddenly gushed to them and handed him a small rectangular box. He quickly grabbed it from Julius and cried, "I've told you, don't call me `Lucia-san'!!!"

He averted his eyes to his rival who on the verge of giggling. "What's with that face, Glory?! Do you want to back out from our fight right away?!"

"Back out? Stop joking! You haven't even said what kind of game you're talking about!"

"Oh man…" Elie threw her head on her hand feeling a little vexed with the interruption. Just then, Melodia came to her asking what's going on. Elie explained to her friend what had happened.

"Where's Musica?" she asked.

"He's just dancing somewhere in the crowd with some girls."

"You're really lucky, Melodia. You've been with him for almost the whole time!"

Melodia blushed at her compliment.

"Anyway," she barged trying to change the subject. "How about you? Aren't you a bit pressured with the presence of the two of them?"

"I can't really say I am…" the brown-haired girl replied after a few seconds' pause. "I know Haru doesn't think of me the way that I do for him…"

"Do you really think that's the case? If you ask me, I bet he's beginning to look at you differently now."

Elie's eyebrows met. "What do you mean?"

Melodia was about to answer but was provoked when Lucia finally declared what kind of game he and Haru will play.

Lucia then got the playing cards out of the box and placed it firmly on the table.

"Cards?" Haru uttered as Julius began to distribute them to the two players.

"We'll be playing a card game called Bluff," he started while waiting for Julius to give them their equal share of the cards. "Choose two of the cards you have and place it facing down on the center of the table. Then you'll have to say the value of those cards and I will have to decide if you're bluffing or not. If I'm wrong, then I'll take all the cards put down; but if I'm correct, then the cards will be given back to you. We'll do that by taking turns. We got an hour and whoever has the least number of cards wins. Got it?"

Haru displayed his usual grin. "Sure I do. So what's the consequence for the loser?"

Lucia got something from his bag and placed then on the table. There stood a bottle of vodka and two small shot-glasses.

Haru's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Are you planning to have a drinking game?"

The other smirked back. "Exactly. For every wrong answer, he will have to drink a shot. And of course, if one gets drunk before the game's end, then he's also considered as the loser.

"Hey, don't you think your conditions are too much, Lucia?" Elie complained.

"Don't worry about it, Elie. This is a men's fight." He then leered at Haru. "Whoever loses doesn't have the right for your hand, Elie."

"But Lucia that's-"

"It's alright, Elie," the amber-haired boy assured her. "This win's for you."

She blushed.

Lucia took note of this and caused him to resent more on Haru!

"Don't be too confident, Glory! A Rareglove never loses!"

"Lucia-san wa kakkoii!!!!" Julius cheered.

"Don't you think you're being too confident yourself…?" Haru murmured.

To start the game, they agreed to use the heads-or-tails coin method to determine who goes first.

"Tails," Haru said.

Julius tossed the coin.

As they anxiously watched the coin flip in the air, they heard a familiar sound...

"pppuUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!"

A white creature appeared behind the tree tops and landed with its pointed nose stuck in the middle of the table.

"It's the darn creature...," Lucia uttered while recalling what had happened a few hours ago.

"Okay, Glory's turn," Julius said after consulting the coin with its phase showing the tails.

Both the players stared at each other seriously.

"Ready, begin!"

END OF CHAPTER 7