Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Living A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 6: Shiba's Birthday ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

RAVE

Disclaimer: I don't own Rave. Just borrowing its characters for a while.

________________________________________________________________ __

Chapter 6: Shiba's Birthday

The days passed by rapidly and things were getting a little bit too...typical. There haven't been any fights recently and everything seemed to be 'peaceful'. Although it's getting quite boring with doing the same routine each day, both teachers and students alike were excitedly waiting for the Principal's birthday party.

"Shiba-san, we can't let all the students stay here until morning. It's against the school's law of time!" Sieghart, the head teacher, pointed out.

"Oh don't be so overprotective, Sieg! It's only now that the students get to go to school for fun! Right, Mr. Principal?" Shiba's secretary broke in.

"Reina's right, Sieghart. We should make the students enjoy the night too!" Shiba agreed.

"But sir, we need to take full responsibility for anything that might happen to any student then..." The blue-haired man added. Reina then placed her hand on Sieghart's shoulder and cooed to his ear, "You worry too much. You should relax."

Sieghart suddenly sweated.

"Now, now. If their parents allow the kids then its shouldn't be much of a problem." The old man cited.

"By the way, Mr. Rareglove volunteered to take care of the catering services," the green-haired secretary informed. "He said it's his birthday gift to you, Shiba-san!"

"How nice of him! They're so generous to us!" Shiba remarked.

"You just don't know how naughty Lucia is..." Sieghart murmured but the other two missed it. And to end their small meeting, Shiba proceeded,

"Well then, it's all set. Announce to everyone that the party's gonna be held on Friday after classes."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Friday afternoon, 5.30 pm

Everyone was just so excited. Majority of the students had already worn their civilian clothes and was only waiting for the big event to start. The school was filled with Christmas lights and the amplifiers were ready on stage. There were the foods prepared on the long and enormous table, and the music was starting to sound. It's only a matter of minutes before the sun sets, and it would mean the start of the party!

"So how do I look?" Elie asked after going out of a washroom cubicle.

Melodia groped at her friend who was all dressed up--Elie was wearing a green fit spaghetti dress which extended upto the quarter of her legs. Her brown hair was tied up in a peasant-look style, with her bangs still on her forehead.

"You're ready to hit the dancefloor, Elie!" She joshed.

"So do you!" Elie answered back. Melodia donned in a white sleeveless top with yellow outlines on the edges, and a black fit leather skirt which lengthened upto her knees.

After some final touches, they went out to the school ground for the event.

= = = =

"Musica, why do you still wear that?"

"Why?"

"It's night! Wearing shades might bother your vision!"

"Haha! Haru, it's fashion!"

"Yeah right, whatever." Haru pouted as he looked away from Musica who was putting gel on his hair. Haru didn't wear anything 'spectacular' this night if compared to Musica who was dressed in brand new clothes--a dark red sleeved shirt, and a pair of black faded-style jeans, plus his half moon-shaped shades. Haru only had a fit orange t-shirt underneath a black sleeved vest and dark-colored pants. His hair was still the same, like he didn't care if there's a party or none. Well, he *kind of* didn't care. He's not really that good when it comes to dancing, but who cares. He's just gonna do what he wants.

"Stop daydreaming there, Haru! It's past 6 now, the party's gonna start in a few moments!" Musica said as he dragged Haru towards the school grounds.

"Alright! Alright!"

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Everyone, thank you for giving your time to share with me this special day," Shiba started as he held a microphone on the stage. "In return, I hope all of you will enjoy partying this night and also..."

Sieghart appeared behind the trees, pushing a cart with an enormous object on top of it hidden under a huge cloth. He stopped in the middle of the school ground and grabbed the cloth. Shiba nodded as a signal for him to unveil the surprise. He pulled the cloth away and revealed a colossal cake which stood for 8 feet! Everyone gawked.

"I hope you like it!" Shiba continued. "Anyway, let the party begin!!!"

The volume was turned to its maximum and the disco lights began to sparkle the area. Everyone seemed to be all enjoying. The space was full of students dancing to the groovy tunes the DJ was playing, while the others began to taste the delicious foods set on the table.

"Before any girl asks me to dance, I'm gonna hit on that one first." Musica whispered to Haru.

"Hit?! What the heck do you think you're gonna do?!" Haru exclaimed with a little red on his cheeks.

"Idiot! That's not what I meant! I'm gonna dance with her, okay? And you?"

"I'll eat!"

"Already?! Why don't you dance with Elie first?"

"Elie?"

"Come on! Before that Lucia guy asks her!"

"No, I'll eat first. Besides, it's almost dinner time, I'm starving." He then walked away towards the food table.

"What a stubborn fellow..." Musica murmured then turned to leave.

= = = = = = = = = = =

"Wow, this cake is good!" Melodia complemented after tasting it.

"Yeah!" Elie then noticed a spiky-haired boy going near the both of them. "Hey Melodia, look at him. He's walking towards us!"

"What?"

Just then, the boy stopped infront of Melodia and took off his shades asking, "Wanna dance?"

"Uh, please excuse me." Elie bowed at them then left.

"Musica? Is that you?" Melodia started to blush.

"And you're Melodia right?" Musica was wearing his killer smile again.

She was so surprised that she even stammered with the word, "Sure."

He then held her hand and they ran to the crowd. Melodia wanted to scream for joy!

Elie headed to the food table and got some french fries. She was watching her friend dance with Musica as she nibbled her food.

"That's really good for you, Melodia. I know you've been waiting for this moment!" Elie thought to herself. "Hmm...I wonder if Haru's ever gonna ask me to dance..."

She looked at the crowd hoping to find Haru dancing there, but he wasn't. When she turned to her side, to her surprise, Haru was also eating at the other end of the table opposite to where she was! She wanted to go to him, but she was hesitating. As if she's the one who's gonna have to ask Haru for a dance!

"How's the food?"

"Huh?" She looked back and saw a familiar looking guy. With his blonde hair, no wonder its, "Lucia!"

The boy was donned in a black tight long sleeves polo and cream-colored pants.

"My father gave this feast to our principal as his gift, so I hope you liked it as well."

"Really? This so much food came from you?!" Elie asked in awe at how rich the Raregloves are. "It's great!"

On the other end of the table, Haru finally noticed Elie not very far from him. He paused eating for a while upon seeing her...she looked so sexy tonight...

"Haru, eat! Eat!" He repeated the phrase in his mind to stop glaring at her. But then he saw someone beside her. His eyes narrowed to focus more on the other person.

"It's Lucia!"

"By the way, Elie, would you mind if I dance with you now?"

"Eh--um...sure." Elie didn't want to hurt his feelings. But deep inside, she didn't want to. But she already agreed, so she followed him to the dance floor and well, danced with him.

"Stupid blondie! Why does she have to dance with someone like him!" Haru angrily thought as he chowed down his sandwich faster. "But hey, why should I mind him? If Elie wanted to dance with him then that's it!" He then slowed down, and looked at the brown-haired girl.

He frowned.

Then he shook his head with the words running through his mind, "What am I thinking?! I shouldn't feel like this! But I really can't help it if she's with that impudent guy..."

"Glory, why are you shaking your head? Do you have something on your hair?" Someone behind him asked.

"Ah--none!" He abruptly turned back and saw a man with a blue hair. He quickly recognized him as the head teacher. "It's you, Mr. Sieghart!"

"Yes. Why aren't you dancing with the other students?"

"Well...I just wanted to eat first..."

"Oh, I see. You really must like the food."

"Yeah! It's perfect for this kind of occasions!"

"Then you should say that to Rareglove instead."

"What? You mean that Lucia? What for?"

"It came from his father. That food you're eating was a gift from the Raregloves to Mr. Shiba."

Haru suddenly spitted the bite he just took.

"WHAT?!"

Sieghart then punched his head. "Glory! Where did you ever learn that?! Don't you know that it's brute to act that way infront of people!!"

"Sorry! Sorry! I was just too surprised!"

"Kids nowadays are so annoying..." Sieghart babbled under his breath.

"Uh...so, why aren't you partying too, sir?" Haru spoke, trying to change the topic.

"You know I'm not fond of these things," the teacher blankly answered.

"Then why are you here, sir? Were you hiding behind those trees? I didn't even noticed you coming from the crowd."

Sieghart sweatdropped. "Actually..."

Just then, a sexy lady came out from the frenzy crowd and was calling Sieghart's name.

"Hey, it's the principal's hot babe! I mean, secretary!" Haru shuttered. He then faced Sieghart but the man was nowhere to found.

"Glory, have you seen Sieghart?" Reina inquired.

"He was just here a second ago."

"That idiot! Where the heck did he go?!" Reina muttered as she continued her search for him.

"Heh, he's hiding from her!" Haru joshed. Then he took notice of the sandwich he was eating, but now he lost his appetite.

"Pun!"

"Plue? What are you doing here?"

"Pun! Pun!" It leaped and landed on his head for the thousandth time.

"You know, I wanna spy on something..." A grin can be traced on his lips.

= = = = = = = = = = =

"You look really good tonight," Musica complimented as he stared at Melodia. Although he used a cliché line, it somehow flattered her.

"Thanks, Musica. By the way, your hair's cute!"

"You think it's better than the old one?"

"Sure I do!"

He only smiled in reply. Then, he marked out someone moving behind the bushes. With that grayish hair, no doubt it was Haru.

"What's it?" Melodia asked upon seeing him looking at the trees.

"Nothing. Probably just my imagination..."

He thought, "What are you upto again, Haru?!"

= = = = = = = = = = =

Haru peeped behind the dark shadows of the bushes surrounding the disco area. He peeked through the tangled branches of the shrubs. He was looking at Lucia and Elie.

But moments later, he gave up and just sat on the ground.

"Pun?" Plue checked on him from the top of his head. Haru wasn't looking so good.

"It's nothing Plue. I'm just doing a stupid thing! Well, honestly...oh bugger it! Lucia's the rich guy! Why wouldn't she dance with him?" Haru muttered.

"Pun!"

"I want to dance with Elie."

"Pun! Puuun!"

"But I don't know how to dance!"

In the middle of the song, Lucia paused from his dance and put his hand in his pocket.

"Um...Elie, I have something for you."

Elie tilted her head asking what it is. He then handed her a deep red rectangular shaped box. With the look of the case, it seems to be like a necklace.

"Lucia...you don't have to give this to me! It's not my birthday or anything." Elie said in a reluctant voice. But Lucia was just smiling. Elie knew it, he wanted something in return. Not a material thing, but just a word.

Just then, Plue jumped away from his head.

"Plue--!" He wanted to shout but he couldn't.

POW

Plue ended up throwing itself on the back of Lucia's head, which made the blonde boy dizzy…and off-balanced…

and accidentally glomped Elie!

BLAG

"BAKA!"

Elie once again used her powerful fist and with in a lightning-fast speed, she punched him knocked out on the ground!

The rest were gaping at the scene.

Elie then marched her way out with an angry look on her face.

"E-Elie…" Lucia managed to gain consciousness.

"Get this!" Elie threw the box directly on the boy's face, knocking him down once more.

"Elie…" Melodia murmured.

"Don't worry, Melodia. She'll be fine." Musica said in concern.

"Hey, hey! Everyone! The party must go on!" Shiba cried out. Good thing the crowd complied, and everything was back to normal.

"Yare, yare… How come our students get violent now? Where did we go wrong?" Shiba spoke. Reina suddenly came to him and replied, "It's just in their generation, sir. It's a world of difference between the time you went to school and this time!"

The old man laughed on her answer. "It's really not nice to get old. Hey, you look pretty tired now."

"Yeah. I can't find that blue hair!"

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Come on, Plue." Haru said softly as he called on the animal who was still staring on Lucia. It then abided by him.

Haru sighed. "You know, I kind of feel sorry for Lucia. I mean, that punch is deadly!"

"P-p-puuun…"

Then he smirked. "But it serves him right! He's really arrogant and annoying! Huh?"

He suddenly saw Elie sitting on a bench, drinking a can of softdrinks. She was alone.

Haru gulped. Will he go near her or what? She still looked mad, what if she pours her anger on him too?

"Heck! Be a man, Haru! Be a man!" He ordered to himself.

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

Elie was still flushing a bit in anger as he looked at her. He wasn't budging an inch, but he was only feet away from her. Finally, she noticed his presence and faced him.

"It's you, Haru."

"You okay?"

"No I'm not! I feel so mad at him!" But her face turned gloomy. "But I know he didn't mean it. It's just that-I'm just mad."

Haru sat down beside her. This is definitely not the time to ask her for a dance.

"Why are you here?" She asked. "Weren't you dancing there?"

"Well, I was…eating a while ago."

He looked up at the sky. The night was very dark, and the stars were like scattered crystals with the moon shining in its crescent form. It was a beautiful and relaxing view.

He was staring at it for quite a while now, deep in thought of the ideas coming in his head. How's neechan? What could she be doing now in Garage Island? Is she having fun there?

But the notions disappeared, when he felt something lean on his shoulder. It was Elie.

"Would you mind?" She asked softly.

"No." He also slanted his head and his cheek touched her brown hair. He could smell the fragrance of her hair and the intoxicating scent of her perfume. Though he didn't know why, he wanted to stay like this for a long while.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Musica and Melodia decided to rest for a while since they were already on the dance floor for quite a long time. The spiky-haired got themselves some drinks as they walked together away from the frenzy.

They were looking for seats when something caught their eye…

"Hey, that's Haru and Elie right?" Musica asked.

"Why yes…" Melodia confirmed but it seemed like she couldn't believe it.

"I didn't know that they're coming into an `understanding' now…and Haru won't even want to dance with her a while ago!" He laughed. "Wanna go to their place?"

"Aren't we going to disturb them…?" She said shyly.

"Of course not! We're just gonna go to them quietly."

"But-" But Musica pulled her with him.

Elie drew her head from his shoulder. Haru looked at her.

"So, you okay now?"

She smiled enthusiastically and said, "Yeah. Thanks."

Her mind was clear now, and all those negative thoughts had faded away. It was then when she got conscious of thinking why she ever leaned her head on Haru's shoulder…Well, she knew it was already a late fruition, but if she was feeling alright she wouldn't have done that in a million years!

Though Elie didn't notice it, Haru felt the silence around the two of them. Aside from all the noise coming from the disco, there was nothing that sounded here. Haru can hear their breathing, and it felt so awkward just to stay quiet. So he collected himself, and made up his mind to ask her for just one dance…

"Um…Elie?"

She was a bit surprised when he spoke because she was deep in thought, but Haru didn't seem to take note of it.

"What is it?"

"May I… ask you for a…OUCH!" Somebody patted his back REAL hard.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to disturb you!" A familiar voice coming from behind the bench said.

"Hey! Haru, you alright?" Elie assisted him as he began to cough.

"Musica, you said we'll go here quietly…" Melodia whispered but Elie heard it. She looked back and saw the two: Melodia, who looked in an apologetic face, and Musica who was giggling at Haru's state.

Elie blushed as she cried, "What are you guys doing here?!"

"Sorry, Elie! It was Musica who suggested that we go over here…"

Musica then barged, "Well, I was just surprised to see you two finally getting together now-"

"NO WE'RE NOT!" Haru and Elie suddenly cried at the same time…they were red as a tomato…

"What? You're kidding me!"

Haru glared at Musica.

"Uh…I mean, is that so!"

Melodia then came to Haru and whispered something.

"Sorry but I'm not in the mood now to-" The ash-haired boy spoke but Melodia butted in.

"Hey, Elie! Haru said that he wanted to dance with you! Why don't you guys go over there now before this party ends?"

"Eh?" Elie blushed a bit. Haru noticed this and began to get nervous.

"That's right, Elie! Did you know that Haru was the best dancer in Garage Island?" Musica joshed out as Haru pouted upon hearing his joke.

Elie stood up and smiled. "Sure."

Haru's eyes widened. There's no way he could escape this anymore!

Melodia then pulled Musica away as they obviously tried to leave the two alone. Haru was startled at first, but eventually he got a hold of himself, while Elie was so happy. It's just gonna be once, and she never want to miss this.

Haru cleared his throat. "Let's go…?"

Elie then smiled and grabbed his hand ran. Haru tried to catch up with her but almost looked like he was going to trip.

The night was still young, and the music was heating the party.

END OF CHAPTER 6