Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Living A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 5: Rainy Night ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

RAVE

Disclaimer: I don't own Rave. Just borrowing its characters for a while.

________________________________________________________________ __

Chapter 5: Rainy Night

"Where is this thing going?!" Elie pondered as she continued tailing the creature. It's been quite a while now, and she had to admit that it was a good runner. She groped at her surroundings...she was now entering the forest!

Things were getting a little worse now. The sky was being covered by thick gray clouds, and flashes of lightning were beginning glow in the night sky. And eventually, rain fell.

Elie stopped under the shade of a tree. She wasn't exactly prepared for this unexpected downfall, and her sweater wasn't really for rain, it's cotton. Feeling miserable, she sat down on top of the tree's large root which was surfaced on the ground.

"I give up! It's just my purse, there isn't much money in it anyway so I better go back home once this rain stops..." she uttered.

"Pun!" Plue called from the other shade of a tree.

"What is it? You can take my purse away now."

"Pun!" It was pointing something with its sharp nose(?).

Elie stood up and tried to find the thing Plue was trying to hint. But the rain was blocking her sight, so all she saw were a bunch of blurry silhouettes.

"Pun! Pun!" Plue then ran to the place it was talking about. Soon afterwards, Elie decided to follow it.

It led her in front of a small wooden house.

"What is this? I didn't know someone lives here!" Though a bit nervous, she collected herself and knocked. A few seconds later, the door opened.

"Hi! Uh--" Elie was startled upon seeing the person.

"Elie?" The silver-haried boy muttered.

Plue suddenly leaped off the ground and pushed Haru causing him to fall down.

*BLAG*

"Plue?! Where did you come from?!" He cried out as he took Plue off his face. He quickly got off and turned to the speechless girl.

"What are you doing? Come here inside or you'll get yourself a cold!" He said then grabbed Elie's hand and pulled her in.

Haru then closed the door.

"ACHOO!" Elie sneezed.

Haru then handed her a towel. "Hey, you're soaking wet. You might get sick if you stay that way."

"I-I'm okay." Elie shuttered as she began to blush.

"Do you want to drink something? I'll make you a hot chocolate drink." Haru said and went straight to the kitchen.

Elie sat down on the wooden chair beside the dining table and dried her hair with the towel.

"Oh my god...what the heck am I doing?!" She thought to herself.

Just then, Haru walked out of the kitchen to give her the drink. At the moment he turned to the next corner, he saw Elie taking off her sweater that he almost tripped and spilled the hot chocolate!

"Hey watch out!" Elie cried.

"Ah--sorry! I didn't mean to see you changing!" Haru reasoned with his eyes tightly closed.

"Changing? No, I'm not!"

Haru slowly opened his eyes to see Elie wearing a tank top. He was still red.

"Baka! What were you thinking?!"

"So-sorry! Well--I thought--you--I--"

"Okay fine!" She pouted but she too was blushing.

Haru then came to her and placed her drink on the table. "Here. Drink this now so you'd feel warm."

Elie complied and took the cup and sipped. "Hey, this is pretty good. Thanks..."

"That's nothing," Haru replied while sitting on the other chair next to her. He glanced at Plue and noticed some round thing it was biting. "Plue, what's that?" He asked while getting the thing off its mouth. He gazed at it--it somehow looked like the round lollipops Plue used to eat. "Plue, it's not a lollipop! It just looks like one."

"Puuuun!"

"That's actually my purse," Elie barged in.

"Eh?!" Haru then wiped it with his hanky. "Here, this should be cleaner..." He said handing it to her. Elie accepted it and placed it on top of her sweater.

"So you mean you were following Plue that's why you ended up here?"

She nodded.

"Okay...sorry about Plue. I bet he likes to go to places and stuff 'cause I haven't seen him in days!"

"That's alright. Um...were you looking for Plue the other day when you suddenly appeared infront of the girls'...washroom?"

"Ah--yes!" He blushed at the question. "But don't get me wrong! I didn't mean to look like a..." He then whispered. "...pervert."

"I'm sorry too. I beat you up into a pulp and all..."

Haru smiled at her. "At least I'm fine now!"

Elie's heart began to beat faster. This was the first time Haru smiled at her, and it felt so great. She felt that she was now talking to the real Haru; not the tough guy Haru she knew in school. She found solace in him at this moment.

"Do you live here all by yourself?"

"Yeah. I used to live with my sister in Garage Island, but she said that I need to go here to study and prepare for my future. And I can't afford to disobey her." Haru's face turned a bit gloomy after finishing his reply. Elie observed this and asked, "You miss her, don't you?"

He looked a little shocked at first but eventually he nodded his head. "It doesn't feel good when you're alone. It's sad."

"Puuuun..." Plue patted his hand like he was saying, "Don't worry, I'll be here from now on".

"Haru..."

"Anyway," Haru appeared to be feeling lighter now. "Are you going to the party this friday?"

"Huh? You mean for the Principal's birthday? Yes, I'm going. How 'bout you?"

"Yeah, probably, I don't know..."

"What? I don't get it..."

"I mean, yes! I'll attend."

"Really?!" Elie's eyes widened. She was waiting for a chance to dance with him! If ever he asks her...

Haru stood up and looked at the window. The rain hadn't stopped yet.

"Hey Elie, maybe you should go home now. It's getting pretty late."

"Okay." She got up the chair and took her clothes.

"I'll take you to your place."

Elie blushed. "Am I not disturbing you?"

"Come on, Elie! If I just let you go out there by yourself, I'll be more disturbed with thinking of you and your safety and--" Haru slightly blushed about what he was saying.

"Well, like I said, I'm taking you to your house, alright?"

"Alright."

Haru got an umbrella and stepped out. Elie followed him afterwards and stood beside him. Now she's really nervous.

They now started walking. The grass was obviously wet, and the soil was muddy. The temperature was really cold, especially for Elie whose clothes were still a bit wet. Haru noticed her slight quivering, but unfortunately he didn't bring any jacket with him. They've been strolling their way to the city for a few minutes now, and going back to the cabin would be a waste of time. So all he did was to take her shoulder, and draw her nearer to his body.

"Sorry I didn't bring any jacket."

Elie was surprised at his action that she didn't know what to say. She just remained silent and savored the moment, until they reached her house.

= = = = = = = =

"Thanks for accompanying me back home." Elie appreciated as she stood at the doorstep of her house.

Haru just smiled at her and left.

Elie followed him with her eyes until he was out of sight. She never thought all these would happen...all thanks to Plue and her purse!

Smiling, she opened the door and entered in.

END OF CHAPTER 5