Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Paradise ❯ A Place to Stay ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Piccolo had no time to react as Nicky dashed him with the razor sharp ice sword outstretched in front of herself. The best Piccolo could do was turn himself to the side, receiving only a scrape to the waist, making the girl stumble off balance. Taking his chance, he quickly disappeared and reappeared behind her, grabbing her arms.

“Quit it kid, I’m not in the mood. I am not an android.” he paused, the girl kept trying to struggle and get free. “Did you not hear me!”

“Oh I heard you alright! But what makes you think I am going to believe you!” with that statement, she sent a wave of electricity, enough to make Piccolo briefly go faint.

Her attempt to body slam him was interrupted as he grabbed her face flinging her into the near by rock bed. She was out cold.

He nudged her with his foot to make sure she wouldn’t get up and fight again. He sighed in relief as he saw the ice sword melt off of her arm and into the sand, he took it as a good sign. Piccolo reached down and picked her up as he shot off into the sky to go to the only safe place he knew of.

The ground showed more signs of the destruction that had happened since he had been out. That’s when he remembered, how long had he been out? Were the others alive? He looked down to see the vegetation was changing into his familiar desert. He went into a steep fall, holding tightly to the girl as he speeded up. The side of a cliff appeared and he stopped in the middle as he saw an opening. He sat the girl down on a bed and looked around.

Everything was the same, didn’t surprise him much really, no one had been in here since the day that the saiyans arrived. Gohans bed was covered with dust and dirt and where he usually kept his fire wood was covered by sand completely, probably by a previous sand storm.

Remembering the girl, Nicky, he walked over to her still body. He decided that he better tie her up incase she tried to make another resistance. Flipping her onto her back, he tied her hands behind her back and her feet with energy beams.

There wasn’t really anything Piccolo could do for her, so he sat down and lit a fire with a beam. Gohan…he thought to himself. They had gone into battle together, but he was the first one to be taken out by the androids. He had know idea what happened, did they win or loose?

He looked at the girls face, “I’d rather die than save an android follower!” he remembered her saying hours earlier which sent a sickening feeling in his stomach.


Nicky didn’t wake up that night nor the next. Piccolo was starting to feel restless sitting around for her to wake up so he decided to go to Mt. Paou, in hopes of finding Gohan at his house. It wasn’t that far, so he found himself in front of the door. He knocked only once before it was opened by a complete stranger.

“Hi.” The little kid said looking up wide eyed.

Piccolo froze when he saw him, he looked exactly like Goku. “Is Gohan home or Chichi home?” he asked gruffly.

The kid didn’t totally understand but he opened the door and yelled, “Mommy!”

Chichi walked in wiping her hands on a towel wide eyed and sputtered, “P-Piccolo?” he nodded and she beckoned him in. ”Please sit down.”

They sat down at the kitchen table, “What happened?” Piccolo asked right away.

Chichi sat in her seat looking down on the surface of the table. “They’re all dead.” she said simply as if she had been used to there deaths. She looked up at Piccolo who’s face was now twisted with pain of his comrades. “Gohan survived the first fight.”

Piccolo looked at her in shock but she continued. “He disappeared just a few days after the birth of my second son, Goten. I haven’t seen him since.”

Groaning in frustration, Piccolo looked up at the woman. “I met someone, her name is Nicky Armarfi. She’s something I’ve never seen before.”

“You talk of her as if she is a monster.” Chichi pointed out.

“She might as well be. She has extraordinary powers, some I’ve never seen.” he paused and looked at Chichi sternly. “If you would, would you take her in. So she’d have a place to stay?” Piccolo saw her reluctant she looked and he added, “Her city has just been completely destroyed. And I will be staying with you to keep an eye out on you.”

“That’ll be fine.” Chichi decided.