Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ He would bring Destruction ❯ Chapter 3 sometime later ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

Sometime later

Many weeks have passed since the incident at Heliopolis and Devil Gundam went rouge. In the hot desert wastelands of the Libyan Desert a battle was being waged against the Strike Gundam and the forces at the command of Commander Andrew Waltfeld. The battle was difficult, but in the end Waltfeld's forces lost and they retreated, but Andrew himself stayed behind in his custom LaGOWE to finish his fight with Kira.

During the fight the remaining forces belonging to Waltfeld were retreating to their home base at Banadiya while Duel Gundam and Buster Gundam started making their way to a transport plane which was waiting for them several miles away to take them back to the ZAFT base at Gibraltar. However the remainder of Waltfeld's forces came across a nasty surprise when they approached their base at Banadiya. They discovered the whole city was in flames. "What the hell happened here?" One of the soldiers shouted as he started running down to the city to find out what is causing the fires.

When the soldiers entered the streets of the city they found every citizen was lying on the ground dead. The soldiers sitting inside of the land vehicles and the remaining land battleship were surprised that word of an attack like this hasn't gotten out. Suddenly something rose up from the ground right behind the land battleship. The Devil Gundam quickly destroyed the land battleship with its energy cannons.

Once the Devil Gundam was done with the land battleship it turned its attention to the remaining soldiers that were still alive. Many of them started shouting many different words and sentences at the Dark Gundam as they opened fire on it. Their attacks were futile. The Devil Gundam gunned them all down with its Vulcans. But one solider got into a near by jeep parked near the remains of the Land Battleship and he drove off into the desert. The Devil Gundam was too busy mowing down the other ZAFT soldiers to notice the fleeing soldier.

Once all of the ZAFT forces were dealt with; the Dark Gundam stuck its claws into the ground and a bunch of greenish mechanical tendrils were seen moving about the city attaching themselves to various objects such as people, vehicles, buildings and the remains of the land battleship.

Later that day Buster Gundam and Duel Gundam were moving through the desert with a small supply troop that they were accompanying to the rendezvous location. But it wasn't a walk in the park; the two mobile suits were still having a problem moving through the desert. Things were going smoothly until one of the soldiers was receiving a message from Gibraltar. Once he was done listening to it the solider switched the frequency so he could communicate with Yzak and Dearka who were inside their mobile suits.

"Dearka and Yzak we have just received new orders from Gibraltar. We have been ordered to head to Banadiya to investigate a strange occurrence." The solider informed them.

"What kind of occurrence!" Yzak snapped at the solider fiercely.

"We have lost all communication with Banadiya. We don't know what is happening there? We're the closest unit so we have to investigate." The solider answered while still a bit shaken from Yzak's early reply.

"Damn it. Alright let's turn around." Yzak said as he turned his Mobile suit around and he started moving towards Banadiya.

Dearka didn't say anything he just shrugged his shoulder and he turned his Gundam around to follow Yzak and the others. Meanwhile the Archangel was moving thorough the deserts wastelands towards the open ocean. The Strike Gundam was undergoing repairs while the rest of the crew was busy tending to their own business and duties they had to perform. Meanwhile Captain Murrue Ramius was on the bridge with Natarle. Things were normal until one of the crew members' working at a station was picking up a communication signal.

"Captain Ramius I am picking up a weak transmission." The Crewmember said to inform the captain.

"Put it through." Natarle commanded as the crewman put the radio transmission on the speakers so everyone on the bridge could hear it.

"Calling any ZAFT solider who can detect this transmission; I repeat any ZAFT solider who can hear my voice please respond. Our base and the city of Banadiya have been completely destroyed by an unidentified mobile suit. I repeat my whole unit and the city of Banadiya have been completely destroyed! Can anyone even heart this message?" the solider shouted.

"What should we do captain? Should we investigate Banadiya and see if there are any survivors?" Natarle asked.

"Of course; change our current course and head for Banadiya. But tell me is the STRIKE ready; we might need it just in case whatever destroyed Banadiya tries to attack us." The captain asked.

"Understood." Natarle answered as she left the bridge to locate Kira.

Kira was inside the hanger running a check on the Strike's systems making sure everything was set up for the next battle. Fllay was near by watching Kira from a catwalk that was just across from the mobile suit. Mwu la Fraga was sitting on a carte down below reading one of his magazines. Natarle was seen a moment later on the catwalk that led to the cockpit of the Strike Gundam. She had walked up and then stopped in front of the mobile suit. She turned to face Kira and asked "Kira how is the mobile suit functioning?"

"I just finished checking it and everything is reading out ok why?" Kira asked with a clueless expression on his face.

"We have just received word that an unidentified mobile suit has just annihilated the last of the ZAFT forces that were with Waltfeld and with them this Mobile suit destroyed Banadiya." Natarle answered.

"What! How did that happen?" Kira said with a bit of a surprised expression on his face.

"We don't know, but we are going to head back there to investigate, and to see if we can find any survivors. However if that mobile suit is still in the area we may need you to defend the Archangel if it attacks us." Natarle informed Kira. Kira got out of the cockpit and he left to change into his flight suit for a possible battle.

Meanwhile near the site where the city of Banadiya once stood was a hovering carrier of some kind. The ship had a squad of attack planes and helicopters following it. The carrier itself was armed with a fine armament of weapons such as Vulcan cannons, missile launchers, and laser cannons. The ship was called the Hell Bringer, and on the ship's bridge was the captain of the ship who was eyeing a radar screen in front of him.

"Are you sure you detected the Devil Gundam in this area?" the commanded demanded from a cadet sitting in front of a command console.

"We are sure of it sir. We detected the Devil Gundam's energy signature about several minutes ago. I doubt it could have gone far." The cadet answered.

"Excellent." The commander said as he pushed a button on the arm rest of his chair to make an announcement to the rest of the crew. "Men at this moment we are on yellow alert. The minute we have confirmed conformation of the Devil Gundam we are to attack it on sight. Show that machine no mercy!"

"Yes sir commander Davis" another solider said as he and the rest of the crew on the bridge saluted their commander.

Suddenly a beeping sound was heard and a cadet who was observing a monitor screen in front of him shouted "Sir I have visual confirmation of a troop of Mobile suits."

"Are they with ZAFT?" the commander asked with a slightly worried expression.

"No sir I don't recall seeing mobile suits like those before." The cadet said as he displayed the image of the mobile suits he was seeing on the main viewer.

There was a total of ten mobile suit flying towards the ship. The mobile suits approaching resembled the Death Beasts that was used in the Devil Army by the original Devil Gundam, but these mobile suits weren't armed with phase shift armor, but their armor was a desert color which allowed these mobile suits to camouflage themselves in the desert. Aside from the colors the new Death Beasts were armed with medium-powered energy rifles, but one of them was armed with a missile launcher cannon.

"Those things aren't ZAFT or Earth Alliance mobile suits. Men target them and fire." Commander Davis shouted as the weapons on his ship turned towards the enemy units and fired.

The ten mobile suits broke formation and they flew off to the sides to avoid their foe's fire. Two of the Death Beast Mobile suits aimed for the ship's weapons and fired. The mobile suits hit their targets with excellent accuracy. The ship lost two of its Vulcan cannons and one of their energy cannons. The attack planes and the helicopters were coming around to attack the mobile suits, but the Death Beast armed with the missile launcher fired a rather large missile at the helicopters and the attack planes.

The single missile was flying towards the squadron of aircrafts, but to the surprise of the pilots the missile broke apart and what was one missile had now become twenty small missiles. Each missile quickly collided with a either a helicopter or an attack plane. Well over half of the aircrafts with the carrier were easily destroyed.

On the bridge Davis was angry with the death of his men. He rose from his command chair and shouted "Prepare my Assault craft for battle." The commander started running down the hall towards the hanger. Meanwhile one of the Death Beast had a clear shot at the bridge since the attack planes and the assault helicopters had their hands full with the other Mobile suits. The carrier did succeed at taking down one of the Mobile suits with its weapons, but there was no one available to stop the Mobile suit who was about to take his shot.