Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ He would bring Destruction ❯ Chapter 5 Explanation ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

Explanation

An hour later at the ZAFT base of Gibraltar Athrun and Nicol had descended to earth with their mobile suits. They were now waiting for Yzak and Deakka to return. Meanwhile at the same time Captain Murrue, Mwu, Kira, Natarle and Davis were all gathered at the bridge. The others including Fllay, Miriallia, Tolle, Kazui, and Sai were also there. Murrue looked at the commander and asked firmly "So Commander would please begin your explanation of the Mobile suit you are looking for."

"Of course." Davis replied as he put in a computer disk into a control console and on the main screen overhead a picture of the old black box device was show. "This device was found about a year ago some time during the early stages of the war. We weren't sure what this device was, but after a team examined it we determined that device was built by an alien civilization because the technology it was made of was unlike anything ever discovered. What amazed the Earth Alliance even more was what the black box contained."

The screen changed to show the basic designs of the Devil Gundam. "Inside the box was a compete set of plans for a mobile suit that was called the Ultimate Gundam, but it was also known as the Devil Gundam for an odd reason. Alliance brought together the best scientific minds of the alliance to build the Ultimate Gundam to be used for the sole purpose of defeating ZAFT." Davis informed the crew.

Tolle suddenly raised her hand and asked "I don't understand how a signal mobile suit can defeat ZAFT?"

"That is a good question. You see what makes this mobile suit so special is that this Mobile suit processes three powerful abilities that no mobile suit anywhere else has. The Ultimate Gundam has the powers of Self-recovery, Self-multiply and Self-evolve. The power of self-recovery allows the Ultimate Gundam or the Devil Gundam we now call it to repair itself from almost every kind of damage inflected on it, or to put it simply it can heal itself. Its ability to Self-multiply allowed it to create more of the Nanomachines the Devil Gundam is composed of. The Devil Gundam can use these Nanomachines to help with its ability to regenerate and it can even infect other machines and living organisms to alter and to use for the Devil Gundam's own purposes. Here watch this video clip and you will see what I mean." Davis said as a video clip showed a normal rat being injected with Devil Gundam cells.

Everyone watched on the bridge as the time frames of the time the rat was injected with DG cells passed and the rat became more machine and it turned from a normal rat into a ferrous killing machine. The rat lunged forward and it started to rip apart one of the other rats.

"My god what was the alliance thinking!" Miriallia said as she turned away from the gruesome sight of the other rats being killed by the DG cell injected rat.

"Well the Dg cells were originally meant to be used like that, because the true purpose of the DG cells was that so the Alliance could use the Devil Gundam to construct an army of mobile suits that could function without the need for human pilots. I believe those mobile suits your young pilot helped destroyed were products of Devil Gundam's cells." Davis replied to the question.

"So what dose the ability of Self-Evolve do for the Mobile suit?" Sai asked the commander with a slightly worried look on his face. Sai thought if the last two powers of Devil Gundam were that powerful then the last one must be best ability of the machine.

"The Self-Evolve ability allows the Devil Gundam to evolve as the name implies. As you know scientists everywhere are developing new technologies and new weapons thus leaving the weapons and other forms of technology we make become obsolete? The Devil Gundam has the power to upgrade its capabilities. To put it simply the Devil Gundam is capable of making itself more powerful by altering itself." Davis replied.

The whole room went silent. The sound of a few people gasping was heard, but on one could tell who had gasped. Kira was scarred of the thought that there was a Mobile suit out there with those kinds of abilities. Murrue was the first one to speak saying "How could anyone in the alliance even agree to the making of such a machine."

"Many of the high-ups in the alliance secretly approved of the Devil Gundam's construction. They wanted the war brought to a quick end. They thought the Devil Gundam was their answer." Davis answered.

"Was my father involved because I think I recall seeing you with him a long while ago?" Fllay said suddenly stepping into the conversation.

"Is your father George Allster?" Davis asked promptly.

"That is right I am Fllay Allster his daughter." Fllay answered firmly.

"Ah I remember seeing your face now. Your father was showing me a picture of you while he was visiting the research facility. He was a good guy, by the way how is he?" Davis asked.

Fllay turned her face away from Davis's glance as she quietly said "He's dead."

"Oh I am sorry to hear that. Your father was one of the Ultimate Gundam project biggest supporters." Davis said while a small expression of sadness on his face.

"So what happened to the Devil Gundam?" Mwu asked the commander.

"Well on the day it was supposed to be unveiled something went wrong at the lab. I don't know what happened, but the underground laboratory caved in and buried the Devil Gundam. Ironically enough this happened on the same day of the Heliopolis incident. Anyway while the crew was trying to dig up the Devil Gundam this happened." Davis said with a sad expression as the main viewer played the surveillance video that one of the soldiers had died tapping. It showed the whole battle between them and the Devil Gundam.

"What a monster." Kira said to himself quietly after the video ended. Everyone was simply stunned and a few were horrified by the devastation caused by the Devil Gundam.

"So did the Devil Gundam like turn itself on or did someone steal it?" Tolle asked with a rather questioning glaze.

"Well there is only one person who could have activated the Devil Gundam." Davis said as the overhead view started showing a picture of Nicholas Tatsumaki. "That young man is Nicholas Tatsumaki the pilot of the Devil Gundam and the son of the man who led the project which built the mobile suit as well." Davis said finishing his statement.

"What is so special about him?" Fllay asked because she suspected that the pilot of the Devil Gundam was a coordinator. "He is a Coordinator or something?" Fllay said to finish asking her question.

"No believe it or not he is a Natural. However during the project Dr. Tatsumaki's son contracted a rare but fatal disease which we didn't have a cure for. So while the professor was away the other scientists injected him with a special variety of Devil Gundam cells in an attempt to save him. Unlike your average DG cells which convert flesh into metal and machinery these DG cells merge with the damaged tissue and they also begin altering him as an unexpected side affect. Those cells turned him into some kind of bionic cyborg. The DG cells had merged with all of his organs and the cells saved his life, but with it he gained some type of control over the Devil Gundam." Davis said as the image on the view screen went blank. Disk had no more new information to show.

"What kind of control?" Kira asked with hint of curiosity on his face.

"First allow me to explain how the Devil Gundam is operated. Unlike the other Mobile suits the Earth Alliance scientists who worked on the project developed a new type of command operating system based on the plans found within the black box. The pilot of the Devil Gundam for explain would only have to wear a specially designed suit and while the pilot is inside the Devil Gundam all of his movements and actions are copied by the Devil Gundam. With an added system to help the Devil Gundam's pilot; the pilot can link his mind to the Mobile suit itself allowing the pilot to operate it at a level that would put any Natural pilot on par with a Coordinator mobile suit pilot. It's hard to explain, but the simplest way to put it would be that the pilot and the Mobile suit become one mind and body when the pilot is using the mobile suit thus eliminating the need for the use of your standard cockpit." Davis replied. Kira and everyone else were of course very surprised by Davis's last statement.

"So you mean the pilot doesn't need any complex controls to control that mobile suit; the pilot only needs to only think about his movements is that what you are saying?" Cagalli said as she was seen leaning against a doorway near by.

"But what was this new control you mentioned?" Mwu asked because he wanted to know what else could the Devil Gundam could do since chances are that they would probably end up fighting it soon or later.

"After Nicholas was injected with the advance DG cells he gained the ability to control the Devil Gundam without actually being inside the mobile suit itself. He can be miles away and he could still control the Devil Gundam thought some kind of telepathic link.

"Ok…I only have one thing to say about the alliance's idea to make a mobile suit that." Cagalli said as she walked a few feet forward and then shouted "You guys are total idiots for making something like that!"

"Hey I am only a solider. I just follow orders." Davis replied with a smirk.

"I agree with Cagalli. Making a mobile suit like that was the biggest mistake in the long and sad history of big mistakes." Miriallia stated to the commander.

While Miriallia and Cagalli started to argue with Commander Davis Kira was thinking about how foolish the idea of building a mobile suit of that kind of destructive power was. Mwu made an attempt to break the argument up, but Fllay started leaning against a wall. She was disappointed that Ultimate Gundam wasn't being used to defeat ZAFT because she was sure a mobile suit like that would have wiped out a lot of coordinators.

Meanwhile a ZAFT submarine was on its way to attack the Archangel. With it was a few Zonos and one Zno was preparing to launch their attack. Then suddenly out of nowhere a pair of large mechanical tentacles with a grasping claw at the end appeared and it seized one of the Zono's. Then two more came and they grabbed the last two mobile suits. The long tentacles squeezed their prey until the mobile suits exploded. Then a total of five tentacles wrapped themselves around the sub before it could do anything. Within moments the sub imploded after the tentacles squeezed it so hard that the sub couldn't handle the pressure.

Once the sub was gone a large mobile suit with a total of ten tentacle arms for legs was seen swimming towards the Archangel while behind it was a group of six manta-ray looking mobile suits. You couldn't really see them because it was so dark in the ocean depths. But it was for sure that trouble was lurking in the deep blue sea, and it was heading for the Archangel.

A/N: well I hoped I had did a good job explaining that the piloting system for the Devil Gundam is a mix of not only the Mobile trace system, but it is mixed with the Zero System as well. Next chapter Kira is going to meet one of the new four heavenly kings of the Devil Gundam. Also if I did make any mistakes in my fic please inform me and tell me specifically where I made the mistake so I can find and correct the errors quicker. Thank to those who have informed me of my errors so far. Also I have gone back and fixed some of my chapters.