Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ He would bring Destruction ❯ Chapter 9 The Devil against the Coordinator ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9

The Devil against the Coordinator

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dawn was about minutes away. Many on the Archangel went through a tense night. Most of the crew has been on edge since Dr. Tatsumaki told them the Devil Gundam was coming. Murrue kept everyone ready and alert for the eventual attack by the Devil Gundam. Mwu spent the night in the hanger in his jump suit just in case while Kira did the same thing only he slept inside the Strike. Kira didn't sleep well because he was concerned how his battle against the Devil Gundam will go after all he has heard it to be the most powerful mobile suit in history.

 

Dr. Tatsumaki was confined to the brig with an armed guard near by watching him. While the guards went to get the next shift guards the professor had a visitor; it was Fllay. She stood in front of the professor's cell and asked "Professor Tatsumaki I want a word with you."

 

The Professor rolled one eye towards her. A second later he got up and he walked up to red haired woman. While noticing Fllay ratter serious expression she had on her face the professor asked "what do you want to talk with me about Miss?"

 

"I understand my father was involved with the decision to infect your son with DG cells correct." Fllay answered while her expression became even more serious.

 

"I see why you don't believe that your father would order such a thing. I can understand your doubts but be assured that the decision was in fact made by your father. Hence the reason your father should be thankful he is dead. It saves me the trouble of killing him myself. That bastard got what he deserved." Dr. Tatsumaki said as he grinned, but Fllay wiped that look off his face when she punched him right in the eye. Fllay was holding her hand afterwards because she hurt herself more than she hurt Tatsumaki.

 

"Don't talk about my father like that when I am present." Fllay warned as she gave the professor a life-threatening glare.

 

The professor picked himself up and he rubbed his jaw with his hand. "I suppose I deserved that one, but understand dear child. Can you image what my son was put through? The infusion process was very painful." The professor said as he dusted some dirt off of his clothes.

 

"Like I would care; your son is nothing more than a mutated coordinator freak!" Fllay spat back as she crossed her arms, but she found herself on the ground when Dr. Tatsumaki slapped her in the face so hard that she was knocked to the ground.

 

"How dare you say such a thing about my son? Do you think he wanted to be like that? My son was in tears after the operation, and do you want to know something else? The DG cells he was given was only originally intended to give him a better immune system and the link with the Devil Gundam. But as you may have guessed that the Alliance Scientists altered them, so if I were you I would actually used that thing you have called a brain before you start making rude comments about people, but consider this as well. How would you feel if you suffered the same faith as my son?" Dr. Tatsumaki said to the red head.

 

The professor's words stuck to Fllay's mind as she thought about the concept of someone doing what they did to Tatsumaki's son to her. It was a creepy and troubling thought, but Fllay was sure no one would ever do that to her. Still the thought of it troubled her a lot. Fllay remained silent.

 

"Well I see what have I told you has changed your tune." Dr. Tatsumaki said with a cruel smile on his face.

 

"The thought is scary, but that is something that will never happen." Fllay spat back. Fllay turned around and she began to walk away The Professor had a cruel smile on his face.

 

Inside the cockpit of the Strike Gundam Kira was still sleeping with a blanket wrapped around him, but Kira wasn't sleeping well at all. He was having a nightmare that he was at the battle where the Devil Gundam had destroyed all of the alliance's forces. After seeing enough of the destruction created by the Devil Gundam Kira woke up in a cold sweat. He sat up inside the cockpit of his mobile suit wide awake, but he had a bad feeling something was about to happen.

 

Suddenly something hit the ship. Kira didn't even need to guess who was behind the attack. He knew for a fact that the Devil Gundam was here. He tossed his blanket out of the cockpit; he knew there was no point trying to avoid it, so Kira thought it was time to face his fear for the shake of everyone on the Archangel. The Strike Gundam was loaded on to the catapult and before it was launched Kira equipped the Aile unit on the Strike.

 

Once the unit was equipped Kira activated the Phase-shift armor and then his mobile suit was launched. Once Kira was out he saw what was attacking the ship. It was a group of four Gundam Heads. The Gundam heads had surrounded the ship and were shooting at it with energy beams being fired from their eyes. Captain Murrue was on the bridge examining the situation. There was something strange about the Gundam Heads attack pattern. It appeared to Murrue that the Gundam heads weren't really trying to damage the ship.

 

"Captain! Mwu is ready to launch in the Skygrapser." Natarle announced.

 

"Don't sent him or anyone else out yet. There is something wrong here. Those Gundam Heads don't seem to be even trying to damage this ship only to starch it. I have a bad feeling about this, but keep Mwu on stand by." Murrue said while she was examining the battle situation with an observant glance.

 

Natarle didn't argue with the captain, she just remained quiet because she shared the same bad feeling Murrue was having. Something was differently wrong with the picture here. Meanwhile Kira stood on top of the Archangel's deck and he was examining the Gundam Heads very carefully. Meanwhile on the back of the Archangel's deck a man dressed in black was suddenly dropped onto the deck. Bruce turned on the Mirage Colloid and he vanished. Seconds later a door on the side of the ship opened up and it closed moments later.

 

Just as Kira was about to attack the Gundam Heads with his beam rifle the Heads suddenly retreated into the ocean and disappeared. Kira and Murrue were surprised by what had happened. "They ran away?" Kira thought, but suddenly Kira heard something flying pass him. Kira knew there was something else out here with them.

 

"Kira Yamato the infamous pilot of the Strike Gundam. We meet at last." A voice was heard over a communication channel that Kira and Murrue heard.

 

"Who are you?" Kira shouted out as his reply.

 

In front of the Archangel something was materializing or rather a mobile suit was turning off its Mirage Colloid and activating its Phase-Shirt Armor. The Devil Gundam was floating before everyone with its arms crossed across its chest. On the Bridge of the Archangel and inside the cockpit of the Strike Gundam an image of Nicholas Tatsumaki appeared on their view screens. The son of the good doctor was standing inside your standard issued Mobile Suit Trace System Cockpit. Nicholas was wearing a mobile trace suit of course. He stood inside of the cockpit with his arms crossed across his chest.

 

"I am Nicholas Tatsumaki the pilot of the Devil Gundam. I will ask you only once. Release my father to me now or suffer the consequences." Nicholas demanded.

 

"What makes you think we will hand your father to you?" Murrue asked while Nicholas only smiled.

 

"True I don't have anything that could force you to give my father to me since he is tucked away safely inside your ship. Hell I couldn't even attack the ship without destroying it and killing my father in the process, but we both know that if you executing my father would only screw everyone on the Archangel and get them killed by me. However your mobile suit pilot Kira here is not inside the ship so he isn't safe. Tell me captain how much do you value the boy's life?" Nicholas asked as he looked at a watch that was counting down from fifteen minutes to zero, so far only a minute has passed.

 

It was at that moment when it hit Murrue. Those Gundam heads were only shooting at the ship so Kira would get sent out. Murrue figured out that the Gundam Head's attacks were only a set up so the Devil Gundam could get his hands on Kira and use him as a bargaining chip. "I value Kira's life as equally as I value the life of any crew member on the ship." Murrue answered. "Kira return to the hanger now!" Murrue commanded. She knew if Kira could get back inside then he would be safe and Nicholas would have no way to force them to hand his father over to him.

 

"I don't think so." Nicholas said as the Devil Gundam moved towards Kira with its claws reaching out for the Strike Gundam.

 

Kira moved away from the Devil Gundam as fast he could, but his foe was already looming over him. The Devil Gundam's claws missed Kira as the Strike Gundam did a quick high speed boost maneuver to fly pass them and pass the Devil Gundam. Kira turned around and shot the Devil Gundam in the back. Kira's beam rifle damaged the Devil Gundam's armor, but it quickly regenerated. Kira knew the only way he was going to survive this battle was to get back inside the Archangel, but it was already clear that was not going to be easy.

 

Meanwhile a few miles away a ZAFT transport plane carrying Athrun, Nicol, Dearka, and Yzak. The group was planning to intercept the Archangel, but now they were busy watching the fight between the Devil Gundam and Kira. The Transport plane had sent out a small spy plane to do a little reconnaissance before Athrun and the others were going to engage the Archangel and the Strike.

 

"Did you see that?" Dearka said as he noticed the Devil Gundam's ability to self-recover.

 

"That mobile suit healed itself. What kind of mobile suit is that thing?" Nicol asked as he continued to observe the battle between Kira and the Devil Gundam. The pilots watched as the Devil Gundam upper torso turned around and one of its arms knocked Kira's beam rifle out of the Strike's hand.

 

"Hey do any of know where that mobile suit came from?" Athrun asked thinking one of his friends might know.

 

"No I don't think I heard mobile suit like that on our side." Dearka answered.

 

"Hey Dearka remember that solider we found in the desert who claimed to have seen a crab-spider looking mobile suit that destroyed Banadiya. Now tell me what does that Mobile suit look like to you?" Yzak asked Dearka.

 

"The lower half of its body is almost crab-spider like which means that Mobile suit could be the same one that wiped out Banadiya." Dearka answered as he figured out what Yzak was saying.

 

"Wait; are you two saying that mobile suit can wipe out a whole city and our forces stationed there." Athrun asked with a surprised expression on his face.

 

"Well there is only one way to find out if that is the same mobile suit. Lets send a picture of that mobile suit to Gibraltar and lets have that guy who survived identify it." Nicol suggested.

 

"Good idea. Let's send a picture with a message attached to it." Athrun said as he prepared to send the message with the photograph of the Devil Gundam to Gibraltar.

 

Meanwhile Kira tried to retrieve his rifle, but the Devil Gundam grabbed it with one of its claws and threw it into the hanger of the ship. The Devil Gundam started shooting at Kira with its energy beam cannons that were mounted all over its back and its shoulders. Beams of energy were going in almost every direction. Kira was using his shield to block some of the beams, but he had to maneuver his way pass some of the other beams to prevent the beams from hitting the parts of his body that weren't protected by his shield.

 

Kira deiced to go on the offensive so he charged the Devil Gundam after he drew out one of his beam sabers. The Devil Gundam stopped firing its multiple energy beam weapons. Devil Gundam turned it body to face Kira. The two vents on the Devil Gundam's shoulders were starting to glow. Kira knew those had to be a pair of energy cannons. Kira assumption was correct when the two vents fired two Impulse beams at him. Kira turned off his boosters to allow himself drop down to evade the two beams. Then the Strike Gundam flew in to attack the Devil Gundam. As powerful as the Devil Gundam was; Kira could out maneuver it due to the size of his foe's mobile suit.

 

Nicholas was impressed with Kira's reflexes, but he didn't have enough time to turn his dual Impulse cannon attack on Kira. A second later Kira cut off one of the Devil Gundam's arms with a saber. Kira was about to stab the cockpit when a powerful beam of energy shot out from the green orb on the chest of the Devil Gundam. Kira was barely able to raise his shield in time to block the blast.

 

The energy blast melted the front of Kira's shield, but the force of the blast pushed him away from the Devil Gundam. The blast of energy died away and the shield Kira had was partially melted, Kira was surprised that Devil Gundam countered attacked like that. If the beam was stronger then Kira might have been killed. While Kira was planning his next offensive he saw the arm of the Devil Gundam he had cut off regenerate. The Devil Gundam had its arms crossed across its chest again, but this time one of the Devil Gundam hands had its index finger extended outward. The Gundam waved its extended finger left and right giving Kira the `I don't think so' gesture.

 

"Not bad Kira. You should feel proud of yourself. No one has ever hurt me like that, but it's going take more that outdated Gundam to beat me." Nicholas mocked.

 

Kira was planning his next move. He guessed the only other way to stop the Devil Gundam was to vaporize it completely or if he can't get close to the Cockpit without getting blasted. Kira simply didn't have anything he could use against the Devil Gundam so his only chance was to get back to the ship, but the only way he can do that is if he can get by the Devil Gundam. However even with all that was going on; no one was aware of the fact that Bruce was still sneaking around the ship searching for Dr. Tatsumaki, but he had only ten minutes left to search.

 

A/N: well technically Kira would have been killed, but since Nicholas needs him to try and bargain for his father's freedom he can't kill him. Besides...if I did kill Kira, and destroy the Archangel then the story would be too damn short. Hey I will be coming onto parings soon so here are the parings I will most likely do. Cagalli/Athrun (Kira/Lacus=maybe) Dearka/Miriallia (unless I kill Tolle). Note a small spoiler someone will die next chapter.