Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ He would bring Destruction ❯ Chapter 10 An eye for an eye ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10

An eye for an eye

 

 

 

 

 

At the ZAFT base of Gibraltar Raww Le Klueze was standing near the soldier who had survived the Devil Gundam's attack on the city of Banadiya who was also seated in front of metal table. Raww stood next to him as he passed him a glass of water and asked "Now tell me what happened at Banadiya again."

 

"We were returning from our failed battle with the Archangel and the lost of our commander." The solider was saying, but stopped when someone stepped into the room.

 

"Allow me to correct you soldier; Commander Waltfeld didn't lose his life." Raww said as he noticed Andy.

 

"Yeah, but I did lose an arm, leg and an eye." Andy said as he limped over to the other end of the table. Andy put the crutch he was using to move around with against the side of the wall near him. "I want to know how Banadiya was destroyed. I lost a lot of friends there so I want to know who it was that did it." Andy said firmly.

 

"Continue your story." Raww insisted.

 

"Anyway when we returned we found the whole city was destroyed. There was barely anything left of it. We were about to send a message to headquarters to inform you all of what happened, but that was when it came. We never saw anything like it before. It attacked us and destroyed our last Land battleship with a single attack. Then it started to pick us off one by one. I got in a jeep and drove off hoping to go and get some reinforcements, but after I had gotten away the mobile suit we fought had killed everyone. We had hit that mobile with everything we had and we couldn't even dent it." The soldier said as he started crying.

 

"Was this the mobile suit that destroyed Banadiya?" Raww asked as he slid a picture of the Devil Gundam taken by the spy-plane.

 

The Soldier's eyes widened in fear as his eyes were stuck on the picture. Then his eyes widened in fear then he mumbled "Oh my god that's it. That is the one. That is the same Mobile suit that attacked Banadiya!"

 

"What is that thing?" Andy asked as he looked at the mobile suit in the picture.

 

"I don't know, but I know one thing for sure. ZAFT didn't build something like that." Raww said as he signaled for another soldier to come.

 

"Yes sir." The soldier said as he saluted Raww.

 

"Send a message to Athrun and his team. Tell them to stand down for now, obverse and gather what data they can on this mobile suit. I want to know where it came from and what it can do." Raww commanded as the solider walked away to send the message.

 

Somewhere over the Indian Ocean the Devil Gundam and Strike Gundam were still fighting one another. Kira found it extremely difficult trying to get back to the Archangel. Kira was stuck on the defensive because he didn't want to risk getting too close to the Devil Gundam. Kira evaded to the left to prevent getting too close to his foe, but as he passed the Devil Gundam's crab-like claw Kira took it out by cutting it off with his beam saber.

 

The claw fell towards the ocean, but while Kira was about to make a break for the Archangel when he heard a voice in his mind saying "Look out kid!" Kira wasn't sure what the voice meant, but he realized seconds later why he was warned. From the cut stump where the claw was; a dozen mechanical tentacles shot out of it and they seized Kira. The Strike Gundam was completely immobilized because each tentacle held him so tightly that he couldn't move.

 

Kira was trapped and the Devil Gundam brought its captured prey closer to it, Nicholas had a nasty smile on his face as he watched Kira struggle. "You may have been born with genetic enhancements Kira, but you are still only mortal, and a human in the end." Nicholas said to Kira though a private communication between the two mobile suits. The Nicholas called the Archangel and demanded "Now as I asked before captain how much do you value this boy's life? I will count to twenty and if you do not agree to release my father I will kill the boy."

 

Nicholas started counting down from twenty; Murrue didn't know what to do because she was face with a very difficult decision. Moments later Murrue came to a decision and said "Alright. I'll agree to your terms, but you must also swear that you will not harm Kira or anyone on the Archangel. Once you have your father you will leave and discontinue your attack."

 

"Captain! You can't do this!" Natarle shouted to disagree with Murrue's decision.

 

"A wise decision." Nicholas said with a smile.

 

Before the two could say anything else a beam trident flew between the Devil and Strike Gundam cutting the tentacles holding Kira's mobile suit. Kira was freed, but everyone was surprised to see the Avenger Gundam flying straight for the Devil Gundam. Kira grabbed the Avenger Gundam's trident and he held on to it.

 

"Davis." Kira said as he watched the Avenger Gundam putting itself on a collision course with the Devil Gundam.

 

"Kira give me my trident now!" Davis shouted. Kira tossed the trident back to its original owner.

 

"Commander Davis how the hell did you?" Murrue was saying, but she stopped when Murdock ran onto the bridge.

 

"Captain that nutcase insisted that he wanted to go out in the Avenger Gundam. I tired to stop him, but when word about Kira's situation reached us I let him. Sorry Captain." Murdock informed Murrue.

 

Murrue didn't say a word, but she was in a way thankful that Davis decided to intervene. Meanwhile outside the Avenger Gundam was firing its vulcans at the Devil Gundam while evading the emery mobile suit's energy beam attacks, but at the same time the Devil Gundam regenerated it lost claw arm.

 

"Kira get back to the ship now damn it! That's an order!" Davis commanded.

 

"What about you?" Kira asked out of concern

 

"Forget about me you need to live. Out of all the pilots I have seen Kira I think you may be the one you can bring the Devil Gundam down." Davis informed him.

 

"But I couldn't defeat it; you saw that didn't you?" Kira argued with the commander while Davis threw the Trident at the Devil Gundam stabbing it in its shoulder. Then both mobile suits got caught in a deadlock as they both grabbed the other's hands and began to struggle.

 

"You have the skill needed to win. Kira you came closer to beating the Devil Gundam than everyone who tried to stop it, so you may be only pilot skilled enough to defeat the Devil Gundam. All you need is a better mobile suit to match against the power of the Devil Gundam." Davis said while the legs of his mobile suit got ripped off by the crab-like pinchers of the Devil Gundam. "Now go damn it!" Davis shouted as sparks began to fly around inside the cockpit.

 

"He's right you know. Don't let his sacrifice be in vain." The voice in Kira's head said to him.

 

"Kira I have done a lot of terrible things in my days and some of those things resulted in the creation of the Devil Gundam. I know I am going to hell, but at least I can help protect the future by saying you, and I may even be able to redeem myself for everything I have done. This sacrifice is not much, but don't you dare let it be in vain. Now get to that damn ship now!" Davis said as one tear fell from his eye.

 

A tear began to form in one of Kira's eyes as he replied by saying "Davis I'll never forget what you did for me. I promise I will do whatever I can to defeat the Devil Gundam." Kira then reluctantly flew back to the Archangel.

 

"How noble of you Davis. But if it is a death wish you want then I will be more than happy to accommodate you. See you in hell!" Nicholas said as the Devil Gundam's chest cannon powered up. But that wasn't all; the hands of the Devil Gundam began to glow. Causing the hands and the arms of the Avenger Gundam to melt. A second later the chest cannon fired and Davis was vaporized. What was left of the Avenger Gundam fell to the ocean bellow.

 

"Davis!" Kira shouted as the hanger doors closed.

 

"I can't believe Kira left him." Natarle said coldly.

 

"No…Kira was only obeying orders and Davis intended to sacrifice himself to protect him." Murrue said to Natarle.

 

Meanwhile inside the ship the fifteen minutes were up and Bruce was unable to locate the brig. The Mirage Colloid deactivated and he was now exposed to the naked eye. Bruce had only one option left to him. Find someone and capture him or her. A moment later a solider was seen in the hallway. He turned his head and saw Bruce. The Solider hit a button on the wall that sounded the alarm.

 

"Oh shit." Bruce complained as he pulled out a handgun and shot the soldier in the head. Bruce knew he had to work fast so he pulled two smoke discharge grenades out and he pulled the pins. Within moments the hallways filled up with smoke and Bruce was searching the hallways for a hostage. Bruce suddenly saw someone who was lost in the smoke, so he ran up to that person and punched them in the face knocking that person out cold.

 

The person fell onto one of his arms while Bruce used his other arm to pull out a large bag that was big enough to stuff a person into. Bruce loaded the person into the bag and threw that person over his shoulder and started running down the hall to the deck. He used one hand to push a button on his coat to activate a communicator. "Boss I couldn't find your dad, but I captured someone and I am on my way to the deck as planned." Bruce informed Nicholas.

 

"Alright I will head there once I see the flare ok." Nicholas replied.

 

The Devil Gundam retreated to the sky above to wait for the flare. Meanwhile inside the Archangel the crew on the bridge noticed the alarms going off. "What happened why are the alarms going off?" Murrue asked Kazui.

 

"There the report of a dead body and there is reports of someone setting off smoke grenades." Kazui informed Murrue.

 

"There is someone on board. Nicholas must have snuck someone aboard the ship to locate his father and free him." Natarle said to the captain.

 

"I want this ship searched from top to bottom for the intruder now!" Murrue commanded. Murrue had figured out Nicholas whole plan. The whole battle between him and Kira was a distraction. He probably could have killed Kira anytime, but that would have caused some people to turn their attention away which would have made Bruce easier to notice.

 

Unfortunately it was too late for Captain Murrue to do anything about the intruder because Bruce had made his way out onto the deck. As he was pulling out a flare gun to signal the Devil Gundam he heard someone behind him shouting "Hold it right there!" Bruce turned around to find Cagalli standing there with a handgun pointed at him.

 

Bruce turned around and smiled at Cagalli. He fired the Flare gun and said "Well it's been a while Cagalli."

 

Cagalli was surprised because she recognized him. Cagalli asked the DG cell infected man "Bruce? What the hell are you doing here? I thought you were still on Orb after you were discharged from the military?"

 

"Well I work for a new employer now." Bruce said as he raised his free arm and used his teeth to pull back the sleeve of his shirt to reveal his DG cells to her.

 

"Are those Devil Gundam cells? Then you work for Nicholas don't you? But why? I know you don't hate Coordinators?" Cagalli pleaded with Bruce.

 

"Do you really think that what this is all about? There is more to what Nicholas plans to use the Devil Gundam for than you think. Now if you don't mind my ride is here." Bruce said as the Devil Gundam appeared from sky right behind Bruce.

 

Bruce jump over the side and started running up one of the arms of the Devil Gundam towards the cockpit. Cagalli started shooting at him, but she missed each time. The cockpit opened up and Bruce went inside with his captured prey. The Devil Gundam's cockpit closed and it immediately flew away into the sky. Meanwhile on the Bridge of the Archangel Murrue was receiving another message from Nicholas.

 

"Captain Murrue. I now have a member of your crew as my hostage. In two days I will return. If you do not hand over my father then. I will keep your crew member. See you in forty eight hours." Nicholas informed the captain then he killed the communication link.

 

Murrue naturally wasn't very pleased about the fact that someone on board the Archangel has been kidnapped, but she was wondering who was kidnapped. "Natarle I want a head count taken. I want to know who was captured right now." Murrue commanded. Natarle sent word of the captain's latest orders throughout the ship to find out who was captured.