Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Making up for lost time here. This is Chapter 7. Read and review.
Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue. R&R and no flames. Flames will extinguished by a fire extinguisher.
Chapter 7: Revelations

“It is time.” Oreithyia noted, looking fondly at her reincarnated daughter.
“Indeed.” Boreas agreed.
That said, the two Gods ascended into Chione's dream in spirit form.

Dream sequence
It is...” Chione frowned, noting her snowy surroundings.
The place where you'll find and revive your Rune God.” Oreithyia replied.
Mother.” Chione turned to face her parents.
Are you really for the test?” Boreas asked.
Chione nodded.
Then transform into your battle armor.” Boreas instructed.
Chione nodded and rose her right hand, the Mercury symbol appearing on the back of her hand.
Swirls of water surround her body, encasing her in a cocoon before bursting into full.
Her transformation ended and the two Gods nodded approvingly.
Chione was decked out in a pair of blue knee-high boots, along with some very basic armor and one shoulder pad, with a glove on her right hand and a wrist protector with the sign of Mercury embedded inside on the other.
Now the map.” Oreithyia added and pointed her finger at the transformed Snow Goddess.
Tapping on her earring, Chione scanned through the details from which her mother had given her.
From this point on, you have to find Selece and revive her yourself. We'll be of no more help.” Boreas remarked and the two Gods disappeared.

Scene cut to Cagalli.
Cagalli Yula Athha screamed with all her might in the privacy of her hotel bedroom. A vase shattered against the wall, spilling water and fresh cut flowers in every which direction.
So close.
She had come so close to being rid of the Snow Goddess and reclaiming ORB when she went to Kira. She was so sure that he would help her; she was his sister after all.
But he denied her.
Another vase went crashing into a wall from Cagalli's hand. The rumors had already begun to circulate through ORB about her, rumors about the Snow Goddess, that she is to become the one and only woman to stand at Athrun's side as his wife.
Yet another vase went flying.
Her only comfort was that this news was still only an idle rumor. And rumors could be changed.
Are you to be the one to change this rumor? a disembodied voice near mocked.
She whirled around in place, frantically searching for the source of this voice. Fear rose bitterly in her throat like bile. “Who's there? Who said that?”
You have nothing to be afraid of, Cagalli, the voice soothed. I am a friend.
“How do you know my name?”
The voice seemed to chuckle. I know quite a bit about you. I know how much you hate the Snow Goddess. You want her gone.
“Yes.”
Permanently.
“Yes!”
I can help.
“Why?” she suddenly thought to ask. “Why would you want to help me?”
Because you have been rejected. I help all those who have been rejected.
“What do you get out of all this?”
The satisfaction of knowing that justice has been rendered for a wrong that was done. All you have to do is follow my instructions to the latter and everything will be perfect.
“Perfect?”
Yes. You will receive what you so justly deserve.
Cagalli had a long pause in consideration. She knew nothing about this spirit, yet it seemed to know an awful lot about her and her wants. He wanted to help her get rid of her problem, her nemesis. She began to smile. With the Peacemaker out of the way she knew for certain she could easily make Athrun forget the other girl. He would not be able to resist her charms.
“Tell me what I have to do.”
Her smile grew wider in twisted pleasure and anticipation as the ghost whispered its plan in her attentive ear.

Cut scene back to Chione's dream.
A severe snow storm was heading her way as Chione trekked the snowy fields.
A former villain from the Silver Millennium, Alcyone appeared, riding a monster.
Hello Princess.” the evil magician sneered.
Alcyone!” Chione gasped in recognition.
Good, you remember me.” Alcyone laughed. “My master has sent me to kill you.”
DIE!” she shouted, jumping off her ride and leaping sword-first at the Snow Goddess.
Chione produced her one of her twin sai from her glove and blocked Alcyone's attack.
Impressive. As always.” Alcyone replied. “But not good enough!”
Icicle Onslaught.” A storm of icicles appear behind her, and attack the armored Goddess.
Ice Dragon!” Chione quickly countered with an ice spell of her own.
The dragon of ice thundered towards the icicles, absorbing them, before crashing into Alcyone.
Not bad.” Alcyone replied, a trail of blood dripping from her mouth.
Thrusting both hands before her, Chione cast another spell.
Alcyone screamed as she was blasted away by the icy whirlpool.
The monster Alcyone left behind roared at the girl and ran towards her.
Chione calmly pulled out her second sai and both blades glowed an icy white.
Ice... Frozen... Maelstrom!”
The sky grew downcast as a very powerful whirlpool of icy waters descended from the sky, engulfing the monster and sending it flying to Alcyone's direction.
Hope there aren't any more of those.” Chione muttered.
By and by, she arrived at a frozen lake and Chione could sense her Masho inside.
The jewel of her wrist protector started to glow and she was encased in light blue air bubble before descending into the lake. Once she arrived safely at the bottom of the lake, Chione noticed a stone temple. Walking cautiously towards it, she noticed a painting of a blue dragon on the door. The said painting began to react to the gem on her wrist protector and Chione was taken inside the temple. Before her, stood the Masho of the Oceans, Selece.
A voice boomed from the statue, telling her to show her courage of the heart. The dragon showed her a seeing pool, reflecting that her aides who were escorting Lacus and her group were assaulted by the ZAFT Special Operations Forces' Asshu. The Freedom was battling the Mobile Suits, but being fearful of hitting the group, Kira hesitated in firing his eight beam rifles. Suddenly the doors disappear and told her to run away, but Chione refused. She wanted to help her brother, but she does not know how. She told the dragon, if it all meant to get it, by running away, she did not want it. She had to help her friends and rather die in the process of helping them.
The dragon nodded and turned into a robot. Selece then revealed to her that she had showed her true courage and it had acknowledged her as the Princess of Mercury and one true owner of the Sea Masho. It then turned into a ball of light and proceeded to enter Chione's armor, where it started to evolve into a full body armor.

At that, Chione woke up with a start, with the gem on her wrist protector glowing.
“It isn't a dream.” she realized.
“Oh no!” she gasped, remembering that Kira was still in danger.
Running out of the mansion and not even bothering to change, she transformed into her armor and called forth her Masho.

Meanwhile, Kira was having a sword fight with the Asshu but they proved too much for him.
“Abdonishment Gale!” came numerous frozen wind trails that stopped the Asshu.
Kira blinked in shock as the Asshu were immobilized.
“What are you doing Kira?” Merci's voice shouted from her Masho. “Finish this!”
“Right.” Kira nodded. Preparing his eight blaster cannons, he fired all eight at once, effectively destroying all of the Asshu.
“That was close.” Kira heaved a sigh of relief.
Then, he turned his attention to the new machine.
“Merci?” he echoed, not really believing his ears.
“Yes.” Merci replied.
“But how?” Kira was confused.
“Not now.” Merci stopped him. “We'll talk about this tomorrow.”
Kira nodded and the group continued their way.

SailorStar9: Merci awakens her Masho for the upcoming battles ahead. And what's with the evil being in the Galaxy Cauldron? Stay tuned to find out.