Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned ❯ Struggle in the Indian Ocean ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


SailorStar9: A new chapter up and no review. You guys don't love me anymore. (Pouts). Anyway, this is Chapter 10. read and review.
Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue. R&R and no flames. Flames will extinguished by a fire extinguisher.
Chapter 10: Struggle in the Indian Ocean

Some time later on John Paul Jones, Neo had been informed that the Minerva was heading for Sanc by the uppers and were given orders to prevent the ZAFT battleship from entering the Sanc Kingdom.
The battleship was placed on battle alert.
John Paul Jones will set sail at 0900 hours. Level 1 Battle Alert issued. All sections should stand by at their respective stations.” one of the commanding officers announced.
“Setting the Windam to full boost already?” one of the technicians echoed.
“The Phantom Pain sure pushes it.” his companion replied.

Back on the commander's office, Neo was arguing with the commander of the Alliance's new Indian Ocean frontline base.
“You want me to launch all the Windams assigned to my battalion? And all to attack a defendless country?” the commander demanded. “What foolishness is this?”
“I think you're the fool here.” Neo told him. “We're going up against a class of Nyiragongo andthe Minerva which is currently heading for Sanc. Even then, it might be difficult to defeat them. Haven't you looked at the data from the earlier battle of the coast of Carpentaria?”
“That's not what I'm talking about!” the commander replied. “We were dispatched here to create a frontline base to battle against Carpentaria. And even though our mission hasn't been accomplished yet, you want us to hand over all of our mobile suits?”
“But isn't all of that for the purpose of defeating ZAFT?” Neo asked. “The uppers want the Sanc Princess dead. If the Minerva fights for Sanc, then killing the Sanc Princess will be more difficult. Stop talking in your sleep and launch all your units. We have to defeat the Minerva before it reaches Sanc. But to play it safe, get five Windams over to Sanc first to kill the Sanc Princess. I'll leave the Gaia at your base for defense.”
“But...!” the commanded protested.
“This is an order. Be quick about it.” Neo commanded.
After putting down the phone, he asked his vice-captain, “The status of the Chaos, Abyss and Gaia?”
“All units are ready to launch.” his vice-captain replied as the door slid open to reveal the three pilots.
“All right.” Neo nodded as the three teenagers walked in. “Don't move the Jones from its designated position.”
“Yes sir!” his subordinates saluted as Neo walked off.

“I'm envious of you two.” Stellar complained to her two companions at the docking deck. “Stellar is the only one who has to stay behind.”
“It can't be helped.” Auel told her. “The Gaia can't fly or swim.”
“Be a good girl, look at the ocean and wait.” Sting told her. “You like doing that, don't you?”
“Yeah.” Stellar nodded.
“I''m also disappointed that I won't be able to launch with you, Stellar.” Neo told her as he entered the docking deck.
“Neo!” Stellar beamed, running to him.
“But it can't be helped.” Neo added. “Although I don't think anything will happen, I'll leave the base to you.”
“Yeah.” Stellar nodded.

“X24s Chaos, standby for launch.” the launch voice over sounded.
“Sting Oakley, Chaos, Launching!” Sting declared and took off.
“Auel Neider, Abyss, I'm going.” Auel added. Turning into his underwater mode, he dived into the ocean.
The rest of the Windam units at the Indian Ocean base following soon after.
“Damn that Phantom Pain.” the base commander cursed.
The Gaia jumped from ledge to ledge, before turning into its Mobile Suit form as it stood at the shoreline.
“It's be wonderful if we could finish it here.” Neo commented as he prepared to take off as he recalled the last time he battled with Rey.
“Neo Lorrnoke, Windam. Launching!” he declared.

The Minerva was sailing quite peacefully across the ocean when the radar captain, Blue Heim detected something on the radar.
“Captain!” he turned to the Talia.
“Condition Red issued! Condition Red issued!” the warning came over the intercom. “Pilots should standby at their respective units.”
“Heat signature analyzed. They are Windams. Count: 30” Heim reported.
“30?” Talia echoed.
“Among them is the Chaos.” Heim added.
“So you mean it's that squadron?” Talia inquired. “Where in the world did they come from? Is there mother-ship nearby?”
“I can't find any.” Heim reported.
“Is it the mirage colloid again?” Arthur asked.
“On the ocean? That's impossible.” Talia told him.
“There's no point pondering over this” she noted.
“Close off the bridge.” she instructed. “Prepare for anti-mobile suit combat. Maintain an open communications channel with the Nelia Bongo.”
Then Heim gasped as he turned back to the radar.
“Captain.” he reported. “Five of the Windams have split off from the group... and they're heading for Sanc!”
“What?” Talia gasped. “Attacking Sanc when it's defendless?”

“Impulse please launch.” the robotic launch voice over sounded as Shinn ran to his unit. “The Zakus will be on standby until further orders. Opening Silhouette Hanger1. Force Silhouette standby. Setting the Silhouette Flyer on the central catapult. Closing the airtight shutter. All emergency personnel please standby. Central Catapult, online. Lifting up to launch position. Core Splendor, all systems online. Requesting that you stand by for launch. Engagement of launch system, confirmed. Catapult hydraulic pressure nominal. Path clear. Core Splendor, you are clear for launch.”
“Shinn Asuka, Core Splendor. Launching!” Shinn declared.
“Chest Flyer is clear of launch.” the launch voice over sounded. Leg Flyer is clear of launch. Silhouette Flyer is clear for launch.”
In mid-air, all of the parts formed the Force Impulse Gundam.

Mere minutes later, the five Windams were at Sanc's doorstep.
The leader announced, “This is a warning to Sanc. Head over the Archangel and the Freedom Gundam immediately.”
Under the sea off the coast of Scandinavia, having left the Sanc Kingdom some time ago, the Archangel was keeping track of the situation on Sanc via video com.
“I have to get back there.” Kira remarked.
“No.” Gladys objected. “Princess Peacecraft have no intention of you fighting this battle.”
“But...” Kira protested.
“Your sister is a strong woman kid. Leave this to her.” Andrew told him.
Then Lacus gasped, “Princess Merci.”
The crew on the Archangel's bridge too gasped when they saw the current ruler of the Sanc Kingdom step out of the kingdom's perimeters.

“The enemy mobile suits have been deployed.” Heim reported. “Activating the CIWS, Tristan and Isolde. Launcher One and Two, all bays loading with the Parsifal.”
“Can you focus on Sanc, Meyrin?” Talia asked.
Meyrin nodded and turned the video screen.
Then, she gasped, “Princess Peacecraft...”
“Captain...” the redhead turned back to her captain.
“I see that.” Talia nodded at the startling scene displayed.

Staff in hand, Merci addressed the five pilots.
“Welcome to the Sanc Kingdom. I am the sovereign of Sanc, Princess Merci Peacecraft. You are in violation of our country's authority. We do not welcome people like yourself. Leave this country immediately!” Merci declared.
“What...” the leader stammered.
“Quit joking. What is this 'Country of Peace'?” one of his subordinates retorted and fired his weapon at the Princess.
Admist the chaos, Merci continued, “Put down your weapons! I will not allow you to abuse your power any longer. I am the symbol of peace: Merci Peacecraft.”
Just then, the Savior arrived on the scene.
“Merci, step back.” Athrun instructed. With one sweep of his laser sword, he destroyed all five Windams with one blow.
Merci shook her head in amusement, “Always with the dramatic entrance.”
Athrun let out a grin, knowing that she could not see him, “You know me.”
His Mobile Suit standing up, he added, “If you would excuse me, Your Highness, the Minerva is in need of my help.”
With that, he took off.
Merci simply shook her head, muttering a 'Goof.' under her breath before she focused on the task at hand. Raising her other arm, Merci rose her icy white Cosmo as Chione manifested through her.

Back on the battlefield, Shinn was battling against the 25 remaining Windams.
“All you have are numbers.” he hissed, his visor coming over his eyes as the pilot of the Impulse shot down the surrounding Windams with his laser gun.
“There's no way I'd lose to guys like these.” he added, blocking the Windams' assault with his shield.
“Hmmm, I see.” Neo mused as he flew to attack the Impulse. Shinn retaliated bu firing on Neo's Windam. Neo immediately dived into the clouds for cover.
“Damn, what's with this guy? He's fast.” Shinn cursed.
“Don't get too cocky, my young ZAFT ace.” Neo tsked as the battle continued.
As Shinn emerged from the clouds, Neo told the other fighters, “Quit dawdling around.. team up and corner him.”
The other Windams obeyed and surrounded the Impulse, firing their shots at the sea.
“Damnit.” Shinn cursed as he came under the barrage of attacks.
Neo smirked as he concentrated his attack on the Impulse.
Athrun barely managed to get on the scene on time.
“Shinn, you're too far out.” he warned. “What are you doing?”
“What is that unit?” Sting wondered as his radar indicated an unknown Mobile Suit coming into the battle.
“Is it another new one?” Neo inquired. “ZAFT sure is amazing.”
“Such a thing.” Sting snorted and he took off.
“Hey now, Sting...” Neo called out.
“Oh well.” he smiled.
“Hey show me your power, newcomer!” Sting declared as he went over the Savior, firing both his weapons at it.
Athrun dived into the clouds to take cover. Coming out of the clouds after a few seconds, the Savior turned into its flight mode. Inside, Athrun hissed in annoyance. Taking the Savior higher into the sky, Athrun rained his lasers at the Chaos.
“This guy is...” Sting hissed.
“Damn!” Athrun let out a rare curse as Sting concentrated his firepower on him.
“Anyone can complain.” Shinn retorted as he continued his attack. The Minerva supported the two Mobile Suits with its side cannons.
“Launcher One, Launcher Two, fire!” Heim instructed as the missiles from the side of the battleship fired on the two incoming Windams.

“We know that already.” the commander of the Nyiragongo told Talia over the intercom. “But we haven't been able to detect any submarines or even any surface ships with our sensors.”
“Then where are you saying they came from?” Talia asked. “Are you saying there's a base nearby?”
“This close to Sanc?” the commander of the Nyiragongo echoed. “I have no information about such a thing. Besides, after Princess Peacecraft's announcement, I don't think the Earth forces will have such guts to build a base this close to her Kingdom.”
“A vassal detected on the sonar. Count: One!” the radar officer reported.
“What?” the commander demanded.
“It's fast.” the radar officer added. “This is a Mobile Suit... it's the Abyss!”

“Please tell Rey and Luna to prepare for underwater combat.” Talia told Meyrin. “Launch them as soon as they are ready.”
“Yes madam!” Meyrin replied.

“Countermeasures! Launch the GOOhNs. Hurry!” the commander of the Nyiragongo ordered. Upon his order, three GOOhNs were launched.
“The beam rifle won't do.” Rey remarked. “Equip the bazooka.”
“Yes sir!” the technician replied.
“Underwater combat? Oh man!” Luna complained.

“Damn!” Athrun hissed as the Chaos rained its attack on him. Still in its flight mode, the Savior dodged each and every bullet.
“Damnit! This guy is so agile.” Sting muttered.
“Damn you!” Shinn let out a war cry as he threw himself into battle, quickly destroying the Windams around him. Pulling out his laser sword, he flew towards Neo.
“Oh no you don't.” Neo commented, dodging Shinn's outraged attack.

Underwater, the GOOhNs fired their missiles at the Abyss. Auel skillfully maneuvered out of the way. Turning into Mobile Suit mode, Auel used his weapon to slice through the GOOhNs.
“I'm sorry for being so strong.” he laughed mockingly as the ocean exploded from the implosion.

Back in the sky, Shinn was trapped in a battle of his own.
Minerva, what was that?” he demanded as he fought off Neo.
“It's the Abyss.” Meyrin reported. “It's currently engaged in a battle with the Nelia Bongo's GOOhNs.”
“But it's alone.” Talia added.

“Rey Za Burrel, Zaku. Launching.” Rey announced.
“Lunamaria Hawke, Zaku. I'm going.” Luna declared.
“We'll fight back with Rey and Luna.” Talia informed Shinn as Rey and Luna dived underwater. “That aside, have you been able to locate the enemy's origin? Can you see anything up there?”
“No, I'm unable to see anything either.” Athrun replied.
“But...” he added, his attention turned to the battle between Neo and Shinn.
“This guy... if only I can take him down.” Shinn hissed as Neo dodged every single of his attack.
The Impulse quickly dispatched the Windams on his tail.
On the ground, Stellar looked up at the sky battle.
“Neo...” she muttered in worry.
Turning into Gaia's beast mode, Stellar took off to join in the battle.

Underwater, Auel fired his missiles at the remaining GOOhNs that were sent out.
“Heh, take that.” he mocked. His attention was diverted when his senors told him that Rey and Luna were approaching him.
“Why you... getting cocky like that!” Luna hissed, firing her weapon at him.
“Heh, do you think you can get me with something like that?” Auel mocked as he dove upwards to avoid Luna's attack.
“Don't take me lightly, bastards!” he shouted, diving towards Rey and Luna who split to avoid his attack.

“Damn.” Neo hissed as another Windam was shot down by Shinn. “He's gotten much better than I expected. Now what should I do?”
“Damn that guy!” Shinn cursed as he went after Neo.
“Neo!” Stellar shouted as she came close to the battle. With a battle cry, the Gaia jumped.
“Gaia?” Shinn was stunned at the sudden appearance of the other Mobile Suit. Neo's Windam flew off as Gaia tackled the Impulse on the shore.
Neo smirked as he turned around to attack the fallen Impulse.
“Shinn!” Athrun shouted a warning.
“Damn!” he cursed. Turning into its Mobile Suit form, Athrun blasted the Chaos to give himself leeway to dive at the three Mobile Suits on the water.
“Damn! That guy's good too!” Neo realized.
Taking up to the skies, the Savior turned back to its plane form again.
“You...” Stellar hissed as the Gaia stood up. “You're always... always...”
With a scream, she jumped at the Impulse. Shinn retaliated by swinging his laser sword at her. Stellar jumped back, transforming into Gaia's Mobile Suit form.
“Sting, flank him.” Neo ordered.
Sting obeyed the command, firing his weapons at the Savior.
“Shinn, pull back! You're playing right into their hands.” Athrun warned.

Underwater, Rey and Luna were engaged in a battle with Auel.

“You bastard! I'll get you this time.” Stellar swore as she pulled out her laser sword.
“Shinn!” Athrun called out.
“Shut up! I can do this.” Shinn retorted.

The two Mobile Suits clashed into battle.
“Hurry with the anti-air guns!” the base commander shouted down the phone.
“Damn that Lorrnoke! What's he doing?” he cursed.
Upon his order, the soldiers quickly readied their ground weapons.
The civilians who were working looked up, confused at the commotion. With the guards running off, they escaped.

Meanwhile, Shinn and Stellar had taken their fight into the forest.

“Hurry and run over here, dear!” a woman shouted at her husband.
With a gap under the fence that kept the families apart, the men ran over to the other side.

The soldiers guarding the base fired their ground weapons at the Impulse which came too close to discovering the base.
“What is it now?” Shinn inquired.
“A base? In a place like this? Is it under construction?” he gasped, his screen focusing on his newly revealed surroundings.
His attention was turned to the civilians on the ground.
“Could the civilians here be?” he realized.
Noticing the escaping workers, the solders who were not in battle fired their weapons on the defendless men.
Upon seeing that scene, Shinn's mind went back to the time when his family got killed.

“Shinn!” Athrun shouted over the com.
“What's with you anyway?” Sting demanded, firing at the Savior.

Underwater, Luna's Zaku was hit by one of Auel's missiles and she was thrown off. Rey responded by firing his weapon at Abyss.

Back in the sky, Athrun was locked in combat with Neo.
“Have we reached our limits?” Neo mused as the last of the Windams were shot down. “It seems like we picked the wrong stage to play on.”
Jones, we're retreating.” Neo instructed over the com. “Prepare to rendezvous.”
“Auel, Sting, Stellar! We're finished here!” he called over the com to the three pilots. “Retreat!”
“Why?” Auel demanded.
“Because all the allies we borrowed are now gone.” Neo replied. “They've even infiltrated our planned base.”
“Huh? What are you doing, you idiot?” Auel questioned.
“Don't be so harsh. It's not like you got any big kills either.” Neo remarked.
“Then, I'll do just that.” Auel swore and took off.
“What's he...” Luna was confused and she took off with Rey after Auel.

Meanwhile, the Minerva was cruising through the waterway when Heim reported, “An Earth Alliance carrier at 4 o'clock. It's currently approaching the Nelia Bongo.”
Both Sting and Stellar abandoned their battles upon receiving the retreat order.
“The Abyss is approaching! Distance: 200!” the radar officer reported.
Auel smirked. But as he was about to fire his missiles, he sensed a very strong aura in the water.
“What the...” the pilot of the Abyss gasped, an unusual sense of deja vu overcoming him.
“This...” Luna gasped as she stopped in her tracks. Rey followed suit.

Up top, the rest of the pilots were stunned as a very powerful aureole flooded the entire battlefield.
“This is...” Shinn gasped, recognizing the aura as the very same he had felt in space before.
“Who does this belong to?” Sting was too amazed, feeling the same sense of deja vu as Auel did.
“What is this?” Stellar muttered, her eyes turned blank as flashes of a time long forgotten came to her, a stigma of a snow owl pulsing faintly on her right wrist.
“Chione...” Athrun realized.
“Lady Chione...” Talia gasped, recognizing her power.
“Chione-sama...” the commander of the Nyiragongo gaped in recognition.
“Don't tell me...” he gasped in realization. “Princess Peacecraft and Chione-sama are one and the same person?”

Moments later, Chione's Cosmo disappeared from the battlefield, allowing everyone caught in her Cosmo to move.
Back in Sanc, Merci knelt onto the ground, panting in exhaustion, her Cosmo still radiating weakly around her. With a determined look in her eyes, she used her Staff to hoist herself up as she expanded her Cosmo once again.

“Damn!” Shinn cursed as the base's tanks fired on him and fired his chest guns at them.
With a war cry, he walked through the forest, destroying the land weapons.
“Evacuate! Evacuate!” the remaining soldiers shouted, escaping as the Impulse walked right into the uncompleted base, destroying everything on sight.
“Shinn!” Athrun gasped. “What are you doing? Stop it! They no longer have the ability to fight.”
Shinn ignored him and walked the Impulse towards the fence, forcing the civilians to clear a path for him. Then, he removed both fences that separated the families. Overjoyed, the civilians reunited in the ditch.

SailroStar9: Well, that's it for now. Next chapter, Athrun docks on the Minerva and Talia get promoted to Faith. The Minerva's visit to Sanc is temporarily put on hold when the battleship is requested to make a detour to the Suez.