Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned ❯ Return to the Battlefield ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: A new chapter up and no review. You guys don't love me anymore. (Pouts). The author's note at the end of Chapter 10 is edited. Anyway, this is Chapter 11. Read and review.
Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue. R&R and no flames. Flames will extinguished by a fire extinguisher.
Chapter 11: Return to the Battlefield

Elsewhere, the Minerva was docked at one of the smaller Scandinavia bases for repairs.
“Hey, won't the repairs of the Minerva be completed soon?” Meyrin asked as she browsed through a shop sheave.
“Well yeah.” Lunamaria replied.
“Then we don't know when we might be ordered to set sail again.” Meyrin remarked. “I should definitely stock up while I can.”
“I see...” Lunamaria nodded. “Although I don't understand why you need so much.”
“Well, I'm sorry.” Meyrin remarked.

Somewhere else, Vino and Yolant were sitting at a makeshift eatery.
“But, I mean we can return to PLANT... I mean space, right?” Vino asked his companion.
“Probably.” Yolant replied. “The Minerva is a battleship after all. To begin with, there's no point to it if it's not in lunar obit.”
“I wonder what is going on in PLANT...” Vino wondered outloud.
“What do you mean?” Yolant asked.
“I mean they have nuclear weapons fired at them.” he clarified. “I'm worried about my mom and the others.”
“And your girlfriend?” Vino teased.
“Idiot... I don't have one.” Yolant protested. “Why do you always talk about things like that?”

Elsewhere, Rey had found a piano in the eatery lounge. Sitting on the piano bench, he lifted the lid and started to play as the repairs for the Minerva went underway.

Meanwhile, Shinn was walking along the repair warehouses, taking a very good look at the new transforming mobile suit BABI. Then from afar, he spotted the Savior Gundam heading over to the Minerva and quickly rushed back to the ship.
“What is that new model? Who in the world is piloting it?” Lunamaria asked as the Savior Gundam docked.
Then, she gasped when the latch opened, revealing the new Mobile Suit's pilot.
“Athrun-san!” she gaped as the pilot removed his helmet.
“Identification number 285002. Athrun Zala, belonging to the Special Task Force, FAITH, requesting permission to come aboard.” Athrun reported.
“Hey, that thing earlier...” Shinn cut in.
“You're...” he gasped, noticing Athrun.
“What the heck is that?” he asked, walking forward. “What is the meaning of this?”
“Hey, watch your language.” Lunamaria scolded. “He belongs to FAITH.”
“Why are you...?” Shinn gasped as everyone else saluted.
“Shinn!” Lunamaria rebuked.
Athrun let out a small smile and returned the salute.
Quickly thrusting his things to Meyrin, Shinn buckled up his uniform and saluted.
“Is the Captain on the bridge?” Athrun asked.
“Yes, I believe so.” one of the mechanics replied.
“I'll conduct you... “Meyrin offered.
“I'll conduct you after checking.” Lunamaria cut in.
“Thank you.” Athrun replied.
“Have you returned to ZAFT?” Shinn asked as the two walked off.
“More or less.” Athrun replied.
“Why?” Shinn pressed.
Athrun did not reply and continued to walk off with Lunamaria.

Getting into the lift, Athrun sighed as he leaned back against the wall.
“But why did you re-enlist?” Lunamaria asked.
“Huh?” Athrun blinked.
“Is what I really want to ask you right now.” Lunamaria added. “Can I?”
“Well, it's not that I re-enlisted.” Athrun replied. “I just went to PLANT, met with the Chairman, and...”
“More importantly, what is happening in Sanc?” he asked. “I don't know anything.”
“You went to Sanc?” Lunamaria asked.
“Yeah.” Athrun replied.
“Are you alright?” Lunamaria asked. “That country is now...”
“I managed to rescue Merci before the five Windams got to her.” Athrun replied.
“Merci?” Lunamaria blinked in interest.
“No...” Athrun stammered.
“It's just...” he added, looking away.
“I think I somewhat understand why Shinn get so angry. I mean, from that battle in the Indian Ocean, we all can sense how much the Princess hopes for the war to end.” Lunamaria remarked. “But, the Earth Alliance isn't giving the Sanc Princess any breathing space ever since her declaration of total disarmament. And there are rumors about her getting almost assassinated.”
At that, Athrun dropped his suitcase in shock, “Almost assassinated?”
“Yeah. I heard about it a little while ago on the news.” Lunamaria replied, startled.
Just then, the lift arrived at the bridge.
“Um...” Lunamaria blinked as she held the door open.
Athrun composed himself, picked up his suitcase and walked out.
“But from what I understand, she's fine. Just a little scrapes here and there.” Lunamaria pacified him.
“Although, I don't quite understand it myself. I'm sorry.” she apologized.

In the Captain Quarters, Athrun met up with Captain Talia and Arthur and Talia was going through the Chairman's instructions.
“He's assigning you to FAITH, giving you our newest mobile suit, sending you our way, and is also assigning me to FAITH? I wonder what the Chairman is thinking. I wonder about you as well.” she remarked, opening the case that her FAITH symbol rested in.
“I apologize.” Athrun replied.
“There's nothing to apologize for.” Talia waved his concerns aside. “And are you aware of the details of this order?”
“No, I haven't been told about it.” Athrun replied.
“I see... it's rather interesting.” Talia commented. “The Minerva is to head to Gibraltar as soon as repairs are complete and is to support the forces stationed for the assault on the Suez. Looks like our visit to Sanc will have to wait.”
“We're supporting the forces stationed at Suez?” Arthur echoed.
“With the stifle in Western Eurasia, it's the most volatile area right now.” Talia told him. “While it is true that the Earth Alliance stronghold on the Suez is a problem for Gibraltar, I don't think it should be necessary for us to be sent all the way there to help.”
“You're right.” Arthur agreed. “After all, the Minerva isn't a ground vessel. So why are they?”
“What do you mean when you say 'the stifle in Western Eurasia'?” Athrun asked.
At Talia's look, he added, “I'm sorry. There is still a lot I don't understand.”
“One region of Eurasia which has always allied with the Atlantic Federation, or rather has been bossed around by them, called for separation and interdependence and started fighting. It's a very recent event, considering Princess Peacecraft's advocation for total disarmament. It's no surprise that you don't know about it.”
“It's been going on since this war started right?” Arthur asked.
“Yes.” Talia replied.
“Although there always were incendiary elements there...” Athrun interjected.
“It must have really caught fire when the war started.” Talia told him. “They're sick of being conscripted or being thrown in concentration camps. Princess Peacecraft's ideals had given them new hope for the future. That's what people are saying in the region that's resisting. The Earth Alliance, on the other hand, is trying to quell them with force and it's turned into quite a mess. He must want us to go there. Our battles are only an aggressive assertion of our right to self defense and PLANT has no ambitions of expanding its territories. However, because of that, we won't be able to enter the fighting that easily. The place we need to go to is a place like that. On top of that, we two need to go there as members of FATIH. Please remember that.”
“Yes madam!” Arthur saluted.
“Yes.” Athrun replied.
“By the way, are you aware of what happened in Sanc, Captain?” Athrun asked before he went out. “Since I'm completely unaware of it.”
“Oh yes, it's causing quite an uproar over there right now.” Talia replied. “The Archangel has been spotted leaving Sanc waters some time ago, before the Windams attacked.”
“Kira...?” Athrun gasped.
“We're the ones who want to ask what's going on.” Talia added.
“Thank you very much.” Athrun bowed and exited. As the door slid shut, Athrun heaved a sigh of relief.

“What? For real?” Vino exclaimed.
Meyrin nodded, “Yeah.”
“Did the Captain seriously become a member of FAITH as well?” Vino asked.
“Yeah, the Vice Captain was saying very happily that he'll officially announce it to the rest of the ship.” Meyrin replied.
“What?” Vino beamed.
“But the Vice Captain should have nothing to do with that.” Yolant pointed out.
“Oh really?” Vino was confused. “The Vice Captain isn't a member of FAITH? Huh? Then what about us?”
“It doesn't concern us.” Yolant replied. “You see, individuals are appointed to FAITH. Why don't you know about it? Only those recognized by the High Council and the Chairman as possessing outstanding military achievements and the appropriate character are able to join. Their authority supersedes that of the run of the military commanders and during a battle, they can even create and order their own strategies into action. ”
“Wow.” Vino breathed in awe.
“They are the top elites of ZAFT who report directly to the Council.” Yolant added. “Why would it concern you?”
“The same goes for you, Yolant.” Vino retorted.
“That's right.” Yolant agreed.
“Top elites...” Meyrin echoed.

In the mobile suit hanger, Lunamaria had followed Athrun to his mobile suit.
“Please don't ignore me.” she protested, jumping onto the elevator with him.
“Well, I don't mean to.” Athrun replied. “A lot has happened so I was just a little out of it.”
“Was Princess Peacecraft's almost assassination that shocking?” Lunamaria asked as she stood at the entrance of the cockpit. “You must be very close to her.”
“Well... um... that's...” Athrun stammered.
“I mean, you even addressed her by name, not using her official name like everyone else does.” Lunamaria commented.
“Hey, who are you and what do you want anyway?” Athrun demanded.
“Oh, I'm Lunamaria.” the female pilot saluted. “Lunamaria Hawke. I'm the pilot of a ZAKU.”
Athrun nodded in acknowledgment.
“What about this suit?” Lunamaria asked, peering over the screen. “It's a new model isn't it? I hear that it can transform.”
“Yeah.” Athrun blinked.
“Wow, it's definitely different from a ZAKU.” Lunamaria beamed. “It's like the Impulse. No, is it the same as the Chaos and the others?”
“Would you like to take a seat?” Athrun offered.
“Can I?” Lunamaria asked enthusiastically.
“Yeah sure. But don't move anything.” Athrun warned.
“I know.” Lunamaria replied as Athrun got out, allowing her to get in.
“Wow, the panel for the mode selector is different.” the ZAKU pilot was gashing over the newest mobile suit.
Athrun turned just in time to see Shinn walk by.
“Hey, is this a new plugin?” Lunamaria asked.
“Yeah...” Athrun replied, distracted.

“Tomorrow morning?” Arthur was shocked by the sudden decision.
“Yes, an order arrived at Scandinavia from Headquarters as well.” Talia replied. “Apparently, the Bozgorov Class from before is our escort.”
“Yes...?” Arthur muttered.
“That's not an appropriate response, Arthur.” Talia rebuked.
“Make an announcement to the rest of the ship. Come on, start getting ready.” she instructed.
“Yes madam!” Arthur replied.
Meanwhile, Meyrin was checking out Athrun's data on her computer.

The next day, the Minerva was setting out to sea along with the Nelia Bongo.
“The Nelia Bongo has launched.” the radar captain reported.
“Then, let's depart as well.” Talia remarked. “The Minerva is launching. Advance slowly.”

“The Minerva is launching. Advancing slowly!” the voice sounded over the intercom as Athrun entered the pilots lounge where Shinn was lying on his back, reading a book.
Shinn looked away from his book to glance at the newcomer before reverting back to the page he was on.
Walking towards the window, Athrun stopped.
If the Archangel is still near Sanc, then she should be fine. The pilot wondered.

SailorStar9: That's it for now. Next chapter, the Minerva takes a detour to Suez before heading for Sanc. And oh yeah, a slight glimpse into the future.