Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned ❯ Attack the Lohengrin ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: A new chapter up and no review. You guys don't love me anymore. (Pouts). Anyway, this is Chapter 13. Read and review.
Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue. R&R and no flames. Flames will extinguished by a fire extinguisher.
Chapter 13: Attack the Lohengrin

That night, before the Minerva launched their attack, Metis crawled out of the bed she shared with the younger version of her mother.
“I'm sorry mommy.” the girl whispered.
Standing beside her sleeping mother, the eight-year-old raised her brooch, containing the future Ice Crystal, and muttered, “Mercury Crisis Power!”
The sapphire orb-shaped pendent that Merci wore around her neck started to shine as the incomplete Ice Crystal reacted to the future power of Mercury.

Dream sequence One
Merci found herself in the past during the Silver Millennium and watching the events unfold in third person.
Presenting Crown Prince Endyimon of Earth!” one of the Moon soldiers announced.
Moments later, Prince Endyimon entered the court of the Moon Kingdom, his entourage following closely behind him.
I am Crown Prince Endyimon of Earth, Queen Selenity.” the Terran Prince bowed before the White Moon Queen.
This,” he introduced his retinue as a brown-haired young man stood forward. “Is the Dragon Knight of Gemini.”
Queen Selenity's eyes widened in muted shock when she saw the Gemini Knight.
This can't be! She thought in horror. He can't be alive!
Her thoughts was disrupted when Prince Endyimon continued his introduction.
This is the Dragon Knight of Andromeda.” the Earth Prince continued as a navy-blue-haired young man stepped forward and bowed.
Aside, Princess Mesuinu of Venus drooled over the dark-blue-haired Andonis, mentally swearing to make him hers.
And this,” Prince Endyimon continued as a pink-haired young woman stepped forward and bowed. “is Princess Spica of Virgo and the Sailor Senshi of her constellation; Sailor Virgo.”
After the court session, Queen Selenity quickly dismissed her court.
Alone in her bedroom now, the White Moon Queen sank onto her bed, her face paling in stunned horror.
That's not possible! She thought. He can't be alive!
Ever since the establishment of the Silver Millennium, Queen Selenity had realized that the Ginzuishou had no effect on the male Planetary royalty. Therefore, after assassinating the Planetary Kings in secret, she then placed an order on the Planetary Queens; that their heirs were only allowed to be female, and no male is to be allowed within the ranks of the Planetary royalty.
However, the Queen of Mercury had given birth to her first child, a boy and the Moon Queen had not forgotten what she had done to the boy upon receiving news of the birth. She had bribed the midwife to steal the infant from his crib and bring him before her.
When the child was presented before her, Queen Selenity muttered a spell as she raised the Moon Stick and the Ginzuishou pulsed in power, encasing the infant in its silvery white light. A split second later, it burst into full power and the child disappeared when the light died down. That done, Queen Selenity replaced the Moon stick back into the Prayer Room.
That child will undoubtedly die. Th Moon Queen mused. No one his age could survive being left for dead in the hollowing desert.
End of Dream sequence One

Dream sequence Two
Aniki!” Princess Adeline of Mercury glared at her brother.
What?” Gemini asked his sister, his eyes winkling in amusement.
This is not funny!” the younger Mercury sibling retorted, her dress already soaked. Her brother had apparently thought it was funny to play matchmaker and pushed his best friend towards his sister, his fiancée, Virgo, doing the same to Adeline, and causing the two to fall into the water fountain in the gardens.
Oh, I think it is.” Virgo grinned at the younger sister of her lover.
Not helping.” Adeline turned her glare at her best friend.
I don't see why you complain so much.” Gemini tsked.
Adeline glared harder.
You are the Senshi of Water, sis. Remember?” Gemini reminded his sister, tapping a playful finger on her forehead.
I. Hate. You.” Adeline hissed.
No, my sweet sister. You love me.” Gemini grinned.
I happen to agree with her, Gemini.” Andromeda remarked as he climbed out of the fountain, his satin garments soaking through.
This, my dear friend, has to be your worst prank yet.” he glared at his best friend.
Agreed.” Adeline nodded in concurrence.
See, now they're agreeing.” Virgo grinned in triumph. “Our plan worked.”
Sou, sou.” Gemini nodded and the two walked back to the castle, hand in hand.
Are you sure you're related to him?” Andromeda asked the drenched girl beside him.
Adeline nodded.
I swear.” she added, shaking her head as she watched the two lovebirds walk off. “I have no idea who's the older sibling, him or me.”
It's at times like this, I wonder too.” Andromeda replied.
Once Gemini and Virgo were out of earshot, Adeline giggled and asked her boyfriend, “How long do you think it'll take them to figure it out?”
Not too long, I hope.” Andromeda laughed before coming behind her and hugging her from the back.
Andy!” Adeline shrieked, slapping his hands playfully away. “Not you too!”
Why?” Andromeda teased, nuzzling his cold nose against her wet neck.
After a while, Adeline commented softly, “I think we'd better go change before we catch a cold.”
Yes.” Andromeda nodded in agreement.
And that, the two not-so-obvious lovers parted ways and headed for their respective bedrooms.
End of Dream Sequence Two

Dream Sequence Three
How long do we have to keep this up?” Andromeda whined as he laid down on Adeline's lap as she read her book.
Patience is a virtue dear.” Adeline teased as she put her book down and giving him a quick peck on the nose.
You're no fun, you know that.” Andromeda complained.
Just then, Princess Mesuinu burst into the library and Andromeda hastily got up.
Slut! Whore!” Princess Mesuinu spat at Adeline as her blue eyes blazed in sheer jealousy. “He's mine! Andromeda is mine!”
The Venus Princess's hand was raised to slap the blue-haired princess when the blonde was stunned to find herself unable to move.
Don't you dare...” Andromeda hissed, his eyes glowing a starry white, his left arm outstretched. “Don't you dare touch her!”
At the sight, Princess Mesuinu knew that Andromeda was using his telekinetic powers to stop her movements.
Andromeda-sama, please release me.” the Venus Princess pleaded.
Andromeda's glare hardened, only to soften when Adeline placed a comforting hand on his outreached arm. Sighing, he relented and released the Venus Princess from his hold.
Freed from Andromeda's psychic hold, the Venus Princess then bristled and pouted like a child, ignoring Adeline's prescience completely. “Why don't you love me?” she questioned in all innocence, genuinely not understanding how he could possibly resist her.
Gee, where to start?” Andromeda snapped sarcastically, stepping away.
Turning a disdaining look at the frowning Adeline, she cooed, “That girl is weak, Andromeda, she is unworthy of your attentions. You deserve someone stronger, someone better. Let me be that someone. She is far too naive and innocent. You deserve someone more experienced, someone who will know how to please you in every way possible.”
Andromeda's eyes had widened in appalled understanding. He frowned in utter revulsion and glared at the Venus Princess.
I would rather die a horrible and agonizing death that let you anywhere near me that way.” he hissed.
Gasping, Princess Mesuinu stepped back; He refused her?
Disbelief turned into fury. He wasn't allowed to refuse her. He had to fall in love with her. She pulled back away from him, much to the Andromeda's relief.
All the sweetness and innocence that had played upon her face were now gone, replaced by the expression worn by every woman who was ever shunned by the one she desired.
Turning to her love rival, the Venus Princess ground, “You will pay for this Adeline! Andromeda will be mine!”
With that promise, she stormed out of the library.
Well, that was eventful.” Adeline remarked.
And tiring.” Andromeda added, sinking back onto the love couch in exhaustion.
Healing spell?” Adeline offered.
Don't need.” Andromeda waved it off. “Just a couple of hours' of sleep.”
Sleep spell then.” Adeline shrugged.
Before Andromeda could object, Adeline had already pulled a pen-like device and pinned it on his collar. Andromeda fizzled for a second and settled.
Solid state spells.” Adeline supplied, noting his questioning look.
Items with a spell imbued on it. And under specific circumstances, they will activate.” she explained.
Oh...” was all Andromeda could get out before he dozed off on the couch.
Sweet dreams.” Adeline muttered as she settled her sleeping lover back on the couch.
End of Dream Sequence Three

At that, Merci was jolted awake and she caught the young Metis before the little girl collapsed on the floor.
“Metis...” the Peacecraft Princess mused outloud as she stroked the navy-blue hair of her future daughter. “Why did you show me this?”
“Because you have to forgive daddy, mommy.” Metis replied, her bright green eyes looking at the younger self of her mother.
“You didn't have to.” Merci chided softly. “I already have.”
“But not completely mommy.” Metis pointed out.
Merci sighed, it was true.
“You had already forgiven Uncle Kira, but why not daddy?” Metis asked innocently.
Merci sighed and explained, “Metis, the love I have for your daddy is different from the love I have for your Uncle Kira.”
Metis blinked in confusion.
Merci sighed yet again.

The next day, the Minerva was joined by the land battleships Desmond and Bagley on the journey through the Gulnahan ravine
“We will soon reach Point A.” one of the soldiers reported.
“Any signal from the Echo yet?” the commander asked.
“Not yet.” the radar officer replied.

“The cargo hatch is ready, right?” Talia inquired.
“Yes madam!” Arthur replied.
“After we pass through Point A, we will switch over to Condition Red.” Talia instructed. “All pilots are to assemble in the briefing room.”
“Yes madam!'” Meyrin replied.
Meanwhile, a young girl was driving her jeep towards the Minerva. Pulling her brakes on a cliff, she took out a communicator.
As the Minerva, Desmond and Bagley drove into the valley, the girl followed suit and drove her jeep to the underside of the Minerva where she boarded via an underside hatch.

“But when they say a local supporter, do they mean the resistance?” Shinn asked Lunamaria as the two walked into the briefing room.
“Well, I figure that's what it is.” Lunamaria replied as she took her seat. “After all I hear that the city of Gulnahan is in a terrible situation right now.”
After all the pilots took their seats, Arthur and Athrun entered the briefing room, with Conille in tow. In their presence, everyone stood up in salute.
“Isn't she just a kid?” Shinn asked when he saw Conille.
“Be seated.” Arthur instructed as Conille frowned at the insult.
“Well, now it's finally time.” the Vice-Captain addressed the pilots. “I will be now explaining the details of the Gulnahan Lohengrin Gate Breaching Operation that we will be carrying out in conjunction with the Rudl Team. But as you all know our target is a tough opponent. Although the Raul Team has tried to breach it before,... well it ended in failure. Therefore this time round...”
“Athrun.” he turned to his companion. “Please take over. I'll have you talk about the rest.”
“Oh, okay.” Athrun replied.
Switching on the overhead projector, he continued, “This is the layout of the canyon near Gulnahan, known as the Lohengrin Gate.”
Using his pointer, he added, “Beyond this bluff is the city and behind it sits the ammunition plants this is the only line that we can take to approach the city. However, the enemy's positron cannon is placed on this hill, covering the entire canyon. No matter where we go, there's no place for us to hide. Even if we try to destroy the cannon or the rocks below that support it using super long range fire, they have, in addition, to mobile suits, a mobile armor equipped with a positron deflector stationed there. We don't expect to be able to deal any significant damage.
Addressing the three mobile suit pilots in front of him, Athrun added, “I hear that all you three encountered a mobile armor off the coast of Carpentaria that was equipped with the same shield?”
“Yes.” Shinn replied.
“And so, for this operation...” Athrun continued.
“So basically, all we need to do is kick that mobile armor's ass, destroy the cannon and enter Gulnahan, right?” Shinn cut off his sentence.
“That's true, but...” Athrun interjected as both Rey and Lunamaria sighed. “We're talking about how we'll be able to do that now, Shinn.”
“I can do it if I feel like it.” Shinn retorted.
“Then, will you do it?” Athrun asked when he realized Shinn had taken his bait. “All we have to do is sit back and wait, right? Will you let us know once you get through?”
“Well, that's...” Shinn was taken aback.
Lunamaria chuckled.
“With all this foolishness aside, Miss Conille,” Athrun turned to the girl beside him.
“Oh yes.” Conille looked up the the teenager.
“He's the pilot.” Athrun informed her. “So please hand over the data.”
“Huh? Him?” Conille echoed.
“That's right.” Athrun replied.
“What is it?” Shinn asked, unnerved by Conille stare.
“Isn't the success of this operation supposed to depend on the pilot?” Conille asked. “Will it be okay with a guy like him?”
“What?” Shinn retorted.
“Miss Conille...” Athrun rebuked the girl.
“Aren't you the commander?” Conille asked. “Then shouldn't you be doing it? If we fail, everyone in the town will be finished for sure this time!”
“What did you say, you brat?” Shinn retorted.
“Shinn!” Athrun rebuked. “You too, Miss Conille. Stop it, both of you.”
“Oh right, we have Athrun,” Arthur interrupted the fight. “No, it's just that I hadn't thought of that. Huh? But...”
“You too, Vice Captain? Please cut it out!” Athrun scolded mildly.
“Shinn, sit down!” he instructed.
“He can do it.” Athrun assured Conille. “There's nothing to be worried about. So please give me the data.”
Conille frowned and dug out the data she had.
“Shinn.” Athrun approached the pilot and handed the data disc to him.
“Shinn...” he pressed when the dark-haired pilot refused to take the disc.
“Why don't you do as she says and do it yourself?” Shinn retorted. “After all, she did say that it's all over if we fail. You probably think you can do a better job too, right?”
“Shinn, stop whining!” Athrun scolded. “Unfortunately, I'm not stupid enough to take into consideration your emotions and let you take on a mission that seems impossible for you. If I had thought the mission was impossible, I would have assigned it to myself in t he beginning. But I thought you could do it. That's why we're going with this plan. But after all that boasting, you're hesitating now?”
Shinn then stood up unwillingly and snatched the disc of Athrun's hands.

“We will soon reach Point B.” a soldier reported. “Distance until we re in range of the enemy's cannon: 15000.”
“What about Shinn and the others?” Talia asked. “We're nearing the operation point . And what about Arthur? What is he doing?”
“Yes...” Meyrin replied switched on the intercom.

Back in the briefing room, Arthur quickly ran out when he was informed his presence was needed on the bridge.
“What is it?” Shinn asked Conille, noting her stare. “Do you still have more to say?”
“After ZAFT attacked the cannon the last time, the town was in a mess.” Conille replied. “Everyone in town believed in Princess Peacecraft and it's that belief that triggered a resistance movement in the town. Those who went against the Earth Alliance were put through hell. Many were even killed! This time too... I have no idea what will happen if we fail. That's why... I want you to destroy that cannon for sure this time! So...! I'm counting on you!”
Athrun then led the sobbing girl out.

“As to be expected.” Lunamaria remarked as she walked past Athrun.
“Isn't Shinn hard to deal with?” she asked the puzzled pilot. “We've been together with Shinn this whole time since the Academy, but he's always like that. He's always banging heads wit his instructors and superiors. But you actually got him down to your own pace and made him listen to you.”
“It's not like that.” Athrun replied. “I'm not trying to use him.”
“Isn't he just clumsy with people?” he asked the confused Lunamaria. “He's not a bad guy.”
“Ah... yeah...” Lunamaria stammered as Athrun walked into the lift with Conille.
“I'm not that good at dealing with people either.” Athrun admitted.
“Is he taking precautions against me?” Lunamaria asked as the lift door closed.
“Who knows.” Rey replied.

“We're reaching Point B.” a soldier reported.
“Alright, we will begin the operation.” the commander declared. “Contact the Bergli and the Minerva. Prepare the mobile suits teams for. launch.”

“Close the bridge. Prepare for anti-mobile suit battle.” Talia announced. “After the Impulse launches, we will move in front of the Desmond and the Bergli.”
“Activating the CIWS, Tristan and Isolde.” the cannon operator announced. “Launcher One and Seven, Ports One through Five, load with the Parsifal.”
Back in the common room, Conille watched as Shinn took off in the Core Splendor.

“Count: One ZAFT Forces Lesseps Class battleship., one Petrie Class and... it's the Minerva!” one of the Gulnahan Lohengrin Gate base soldiers reported.
“Damn that ZAFT. They haven't learnt their lesson.” the base commander remarked. “They won't change anything , even if they bring in a new battleship. Activate the Lohengrin. Launch the Gelsgee.”

Meanwhile, Shinn was flying through the narrow passageway as he recalled Conille's words.
There's a cavern here that even most of the locals are unaware of. It's not that spacious inside, so a mobile suit wouldn't be able to pass through. But this cavern makes its way right under the gnu and even though the exit is a little blocked right now, o\you can open it up with just a little explosion
“Is that it?” Shinn questioned as the Core Splendor approached the exit, the other parts of the Impulse flying beside him.
“What is this? It's pitch black!” the pilot exclaimed a he flew into the cavern.
“Damnit, is the data really the only thing that I have to go on?” he cursed as he remembered what Athrun had said.
Even though it's impossible with a mobile suit, the Impulse can make it through. All you have to do is fly as the data says.
“But that's not really the problem here!” Shinn protested.
“Damnit!” he hissed as he made it through the waterfall, recalling what Athrun had said.
We'll draw the attention of the enemy cannon and the mobile armor from the front so you will pass through the cavern and launch a direct attack on the cannon.
“That bastard! He seriously thinks I can do this?” Shinn hollered as he flew upstream.
“He probably just didn't want to do it himself!” he added, recalling Athrun's warning.
If you're too slow, we'll get cornered. But you can't be too quick either. Otherwise, we wont' be able to pull the enemy defense away far enough. Got it?
“I'll make it happen, bastard.” Shinn ground in promise.

Back in the canyon, Athrun and Rey were launched in their mobile suits to begin their plan.
“Increase altitude. Activate the Tannhäuser.” Talia instructed. “When aiming, take into careful consideration what's behind our target. Don't blow the town away. We will lure the mobile armor out to the front.”
“Yes madam!' the engine commander replied. “Calibrating the Tannhauser. Target: the enemy mobile suit squadron.”

“Primary artillery bank, contact. Output nominal. Safety lock, canceled.” one of the soldiers of the Gulnahan Lohengrin Gate base reported. “The enemy battleship is preparing to fire its positron cannon. The mobile suit squad is being targeted.”
“Activate the deflector. Move out to the front.” the commander ordered. “We'll deflect it.”

“Fire!” Talia ordered as the Minerva's main cannon fired its shot. The enemy's deflector managed to block off the attack, the aftershock blowing the Minerva away.

“Let's go. We need to pull the enemy mobile suits away as much has possible.” Athrun instructed.
“Roger!” Lunamaria and Rey replied.

“Humph, so you're trying to use a positron cannon in an effort to attack us from the air and ground?” the commander of the Gulnahan Lohengrin Gate base scoffed. “Well, that's not a bad move. But you don't have a shield. Calibrate the Lohengrin. Target: the enemy battleship in the air.”

“The enemy cannon is targeting us!” the radar officer reported.
“Engines at maximum! Descend! Evade it!” Talia ordered.
“Yes madam!” the engine officer replied.

“Fire!” the Gulnahan Lohengrin Gate base commander ordered.
On the ground, Lunamaria and Rey fought off the Jet Dagger Ls while Athrun attacked them in the skies.

“Damn!” Shinn was still cursing as he flew through the cavern.

“Damnit! Hurry up with the power recharge.” the Gulnahan Lohengrin Gate base commander ordered. “Have the Gelsgee return. What is the Dagger Team doing?”

Back on the battlefield Athrun dodged a mobile armor's attack.
“That thing is returning! Lunamaria!” Rey shouted a warning.
His warning barely came on time when the enemy mobile suits fired at them from the sky.
The three mobile suits, along with the Minerva, attacked.

“The goal! Is this it?” Shinn beamed. “Distance: 500.”
“Go!” he cried out, firing the Core Splendor's missiles at the blocked exit.
“Shinn!” Lunamaria exclaimed as the pilot exited out of the cavern.
In mid-air, Shinn formed the Impulse, piloting it towards the Gulnahan Lohengrin Gate base .

“What is that? Countermeasures!” the commander of the Gulnahan Lohengrin Gate base ordered. “Pull back the Lohengrin!”
The machine guns then attack the Impulse.
“Damnit!” one of the the Gells-Ghes' pilots cursed. “Fire! Shoot down that mobile suit!”
Athrun suddenly entered the scene, taking out the Gells-Ghes as Shinn attacked the machine guns of the Gulnahan Lohengrin Gate base.
“Shinn!” Athrun called out.
“Damn!” the pilot hissed, dodging the rain of bullets on him, taking out one Dagger L after another. Finally, he flew up towards the entrance of the Lohengrin cannon, just as the cannon was retreating and the shutter was closing. Shinn took out the defending Dagger L, having discarded his guns for his Folding Razor Knives. Plunging his Razors into the Dagger L, he threw it over the shutting screen, firing his shoulder vulcans at it, blowing up the shutter. The destroyed Dagger L fell through the shutter, exploding right into the base, the aftereffect demolishing the base from the inside out.
“Damn it!” Athrun hissed, firing his blasters at the last remaining Gells-Ghe in front of him.

Back in the town, the citizens rejoiced as the base was taken down, the more active ones throwing pebbles into the windows of the Earth Alliance's office
“Leave, Earth Alliance!” they hollered, driving their tormentors away from the town.
“Those in the Alliance will be all killed.! Don't let a single one escape!” they cried out, letting their frustrations out on their oppressors.
As both the Impulse and the Savior landed, Shinn was greeted as a hero as the villagers commemorated on the young Corneille.
“Good job Athrun.” Talia commemorated as the navy-blue-haired pilot watched the Alliance's officers executed. “now we can let the Raul Team deal with the rest. Please return.”
“Yes.” Athrun replied.
“Arthur, please report on the status of the ship. Be quick about it.” she instructed.
“Yes madam!” Arthur replied.
“What's the matter?” Shinn asked as Athrun stepped down from his mobile suit and walked towards him. “Were you hit somewhere, despite being as good as you are?”
“Oh no.” Athrun replied.
“The operation was a success, wasn't it?” Shinn asked.
“Yeah, it was a great success.” Athrun agreed, after observing the villagers for a while. “Good job Shinn. It was all thanks to your ability.”
“Oh, it was nothing.” Shinn waved his praise aside
“But it was terrible! I honestly thought I was going to die!” he joked.
“Really?” Athrun kidded.
“You never told me that the visibility in there would be so poor.” Shinn complained.
“Really?” Athrun rebuked jokingly. “I told you you'll only have the data to work off of.”
“Well, that's true, but...” Shinn protested.
“But you pulled through, didn't you?” Athrun added. “You made it. I said it too.”
“That's true, but...” Shinn stammered.
“We're going back.” Athrun told him. “Our mission here is over.”

SailorStar9: This chapter is done. Next chapter, the Minerva finally arrives in Sanc where a Lacus concert is being held. Merci greets both Talia and Arthur once they docked, informing them that the Chairman is in the Government's building.