Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned ❯ Differing Views ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: A new chapter up and no review. You guys don't love me anymore. (Pouts). Anyway, this is Chapter 18. Read and review.
Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue or I'll sink a SEED mode Kira after you. And no flames. Flames will extinguished by a fire extinguisher.
Chapter 18: Differing Views

After the battle, the Minerva had docked at the port of Tarcuius on the Sea of Marmara for repairs.
“Although they said they'll send the necessary materials over from Diocuia as soon as possible, it happened just as the Tannhauser was about to fire. There is significant damage to the bow.” Aves reported.
“ As to be expected. It'll take some time.” He added as Talia sighed.
“You're right.” Talia agreed.
“Either way, I ask that you work as quickly as possible.” She added as the body bags were being offloaded from the ship. “I'm sorry that's all I can ask of you.”
“I understand Captain.” Aves nodded.

“Well then, I'll be taking Heine Westenfluss' personal belongings.” The soldier responsible for Heine's body told the four pilots present. All four saluted as the obituary van drove off.
“It's all their fault!” Shinn hissed, snapping Athrun out of his thoughts. “If they hadn't made that weird intrusion, Heine wouldn't have…!”
“Shinn…” Athrun mumbled.
“Who the hell are they to tell us to stop fighting in the first place?” Shinn questioned harshly. “Are they really the Archangel and the Freedom? First the Princess advocates for total disarmament, now she appears on the battlefield. Just what in the world if Sanc doing? Are they stupid or what? “
Lunamaria shrugged and went off after the fuming pilot, “Shinn!”
Rey saluted Athrun and went off after the two.
Left alone now, Athrun slammed his fist on the railing.
“Damnit!” he hissed in frustration, his mind going back to the previous battles he was in.
Back in his room, Rey was copying some data from his computer. After he was done, he slid the disk out and headed out of his room.

“What? You want to find out where that ship went?” Talia asked, puzzled at Athrun's request.
“Yes.” Athrun replied. “I'm sure you're already aware of this already, Captain, but during the previous war, I fought against ZAFT alongside with that ship, the Archangel, at Jachin Due. I believe that the pilot of that mobile suit, the Freedom, along with the crew of the Archangel and Princess Peacecraft who named herself back then, are all people very familiar to me. Which is all the more reason to why I don't understand this situation. Or rather, I don't agree with it.”
“Well, that's true, and I agree with you, but…” Talia noted.
“Their objective was to stop the former ORB military forces, now allied with the Earth Alliance, from participating in that battle.” Athrun pointed out. “But I feel that if that was the case, there must've been other steps that they could've taken to avoid the casualties that were sustained. Perhaps they were unaware of something. Or perhaps they were mistaken. I'm sure that PLANT and the military headquarters will take their own steps regarding this but I believe it should be my duty to hold a dialogue with them and to find a solution.”
“Is that a decision on your part as a member of FAITH?” Talia asked.
Noting his silence, Talia sighed, “Then I don't have the authority to stop you. And I do agree with you that it was a pointless battle with pointless casualties. Although I'm not sure what would've happened if we had continued fighting with the Earth Alliance. Alright, I understand. I'll approve your leave from this vessel. But are you okay, going by yourself?”
“Yes, I'll be fine. Thank you very much.” Athrun assured her and saluted.
Moments later, Athrun took of in the Savior.
“What? What's going on?” Lunamaria inquired as she rushed to the hanger.

Back in the captain's room, the bell on her door rang.
“Yes?” Talia inquired.
“This is Rey Za Burrel. May I come in?” Rey asked.
“Come in.” Talia replied. The door slid opened and the pilot stepped in.

Meanwhile in the marketplace in Tarcuius, Miriallia was asking for directions. Athrun was already in a rent vehicle, switching on the navigator. His destination decided, he drove off. Mid-way, he spotted Miriallia and screeched to a stop.
“Miriallia!” he called out to the photographer. Miriallia stopped in her tracks.
“Miriallia Haww?” Athrun inquired.
“Athrun Zala…!” Miriallia blinked as Athrun took off his shades.

“I see… so after the war started, you ended up returning to ZAFT and not ORB?” Miriallia inquired after the pair settled in a outdoor cafe.
“Oh wait.” She stopped herself. “It's not ORB anymore is it? It's Sanc now.”
“Well simply put, that's how it is.” Athrun admitted.
“Oh, I met Dearka there.” He added.
Miriallia raised a brow at him, causing Athrun to change the subject.
“That aside, about the Archangel…” he added. “I knew that the ship left Sanc, but what in the world are they going in a place like this? Thanks to their intrusion, a lot of… um…”
“You went through a lot of confusion?” Miriallia finished his sentence.
“I know. I was watching it all.” She added, taking out the photographs she had taken. Athrun quickly flipped through the photos.
“But what do you intend to accomplish by searching for the Archangel?” Miriallia asked.
“I want to have a talk. I want to meet them and talk to them.” Athrun replied. “With Kira, and with Merci.”
“Even though you're now a part of ZAFT again?” Miriallia questioned.
“That's…!” Athrun protested.
“Fine. It's not like I don't have a way to do it.” Miriallia replied. “I'll connect you to them. Although I don't know the details myself, since I haven't been back to Sanc in a while, nobody wants to be actually doing something like this. Not even Kira.”

Meanwhile, the Archangel laid submerged underwater.
In the Angel Bath, Kira rested on the male side of the hot springs.

In the cafeteria, Murrue posted a question, “But, what should we do…”
Andrew paused in mid-bite of his fried pork.
“From now on?” Murrue finished her question.
Merci laid half-submerged on the female side of the hot springs. The door slid open and Lacus and Kakyuu stepped in.
“Well, I think we were at least able to display our view in the other day's battle.” Andrew reasoned.
“Yeah…” Murrue muttered.
“But with that, ZAFT will now be paying attention to us as well. This makes things rather difficult.” Andrew noted.

“You're right.” Merci sighed.
Playfully, Lacus squirted water on her face.
“What are you doing, Lacus? Stop it!” Merci protested.
“She might be onto something.” Kakyuu grinned as she too sprayed water on the gloomy Peacecraft.
“It's just that you had such a brooding expression on your face.” Lacus reasoned.
“What's the matter, Queen?” Kakyuu asked.
“I was just wondering if that was the right thing to do.” Merci replied, as she recalled the battle the other day.
“First, you must decide.” Lacus remarked. “Then you must follow through.
“Yes.” Kakyuu nodded. “I believe that's the only way you can get anything accomplished.”
“Remember, you're not only Princess Peacecraft, you're also the Queen of the Colony Clusters.” She reminded.
“Lacus, Kakyuu…” Merci breathed.
“Right?” Lacus smiled.
“Yeah.” Merci nodded. “Thanks.”
Then, the Peacecraft Princess stepped out.
Before she exited, she turned.
“Kakyuu.” She spoke.
“Yes?” Kakyuu replied.
“Have Seiya, Yaten and Taiki revive it and have it transported here.” Merci requested.
Kakyuu nodded, “It is time to use that thing, right?”
Merci nodded, “Yes.”
Then, she exited. As she put on her clothes, Merci noticed Athrun's ring.
Slipping it on, she added mentally. Yes, it is time to drone Chione's Holy Cloth once more.

“An investigation mission… sir?” Shinn exclaimed as Arthur briefed both him and Rey on their new mission.
“That's right.” Arthur replied. “This is an official order from headquarters. Based on the information provided by the locals, there's apparently a mysterious research facility associated with the Earth Alliance back there. Although quiet now, it was a massive facility where vehicles, aircrafts and mobile suits used to go in and out. We'd like you two to go and investigate the facility at sunrise.”
“You're using the two of us for such a puny job… sir?” Shinn asked.
“Shinn, cut it out already.” Rey chided.
“Don't call it a puny job.” Arthur rebuked. “What are we going to do if armed militants are hiding out there? That's the nature of this mission. We're counting on you two.”
“Roger that.” Rey saluted with Shinn quickly following suit.

Back in his hotel room, Athrun was waiting for news from Miriallia. Unknown to him, he was being watched form the other side by Lunamaria.

Meanwhile, the Archangel received a coded message from Miriallia.
“Captain.” The radar captain called out, getting Murrue's attention.
I saw the Angel at Dardanelles. I want to see you all again. The Knight in Red is also searching for his Goddess. Please contact me. Miriallia
“Miriallia-san?” Murrue echoed.
“The Knight in Red” Lacus added.
“Athrun.” Merci concluded.
“This message was passed onto us via the terminal?” Murrue asked.
“Yes.” The radar captain replied.
“She saw theAngel at Dardanelles…” Murrue repeated. “Then Miriallia-san was there as well?”
“She is a freelance cameraman now, after all.” Ramel replied. “It wouldn't be surprising if she was there.”
“Athrun is…” Merci gasped.
Turning to her brother, she added, “Athrun is back, Kira!'
“From PLANT you mean?” Andrew noted. “Now, what shall we do, Kira? It's a rather eloquent message for a trap though.”
“But who else would even know of Miriallia?” Murrue pointed out.
“And she knew how to get in touch with this ship.” Ramel added.
“Kira?” Lacus turned to the pilot.
“Let's meet them.” Kira replied. “If Athrun has returned, then we can find out more about PLANT. But please, don't move the Archangel. I'll go alone.”
Noting Lacus' surprised looked, he added, “I'll be fine. Don't worry.”
“I'll go with you.” Merci interjected.
Kira looked at his sister.
“Ah, well, but…” Merci stammered.
“That's fine.” Kira smiled. “Then Merci and I will go.”
“Captain Murrue.” Merci turned to the captain.
“Yes, Princess?” Murrue asked.
“There should be a package arriving from Colony L6 while I'm gone.” Merci informed her.
“L6?” Murrue inquired.
Merci nodded, “There will be a signature of Mercury embedded on the parcel. Please accept it on my behalf. That thing will play a huge role in this war.”
Murrue nodded.

The next morning, after receiving a message from Miriallia, Athrun dashed out of his hotel room. Opposite him, Lunamaria took off as well in a single chopper as Athrun flew off in the Savior.
Meanwhile, Shinn and Rey were preparing to take off for their mission.
“Well, let's go.” Rey said as he flew next to the transformed Impulse.
“Roger.” Shinn replied, bored.

Upon reaching the assigned place, Kira helped his sister up on the ledge.
“Kira!” Miriallia called out, running towards the sibling pair.
“Miriallia!” Kira greeted his friend.
“I really can't believe my eyes when I saw the Freedom!” she beamed. “I'd heard that the Peacecraft Princess came specially to stop the battle, but…”
“Well, that… um…” Merci stuttered.
“By the way, where's Athrun?” she asked.
“'I'm sorry. I had to be careful and not put this in my message, but he's returned to ZAFT.” Miriallia apologized.
“ZAFT?” Kira echoed.
“I know.” Merci replied softly.
Their attention was diverted when the Savior arrived.
“That unit is…” Kira blinked as the mobile suit flew past. Transforming into its battle mode, Athrun landed. The hatch opened and Athrun landed.
“Kira…” Athrun remarked as he walked towards his best friend.
“Merci…” he nodded at the Peacecraft Princess.
“Athrun…” Kira mumbled.
Slap.
Kira and Miriallia blinked hard. Athrun gasped at the girl in front of him, a red hand print forming on his cheek
“What the hell is the meaning of this, Athrun?” Merci demanded.
Both Kira and Athrun winced. Merci cursing means that she is majorly pissed.
“This whole time… do you know how worried I was this whole time?” she ranted. “I couldn't even contact you since things went the way they did, but… but why?”
Up top, Lunamaria was using a sound amplifier to listen into the conversation.
“Why did you do something like return to ZAFT?” Merci continued her tirade.
“Because, back then, I felt it was for the best.” Athrun replied. “For myself and for Sanc.”
“No way…” Merci gasped. “How could that be for Sanc? Didn't you hear what I said about total disarmament? My grand-aunt Relena…”
“Merci.” Kira placed a soothing hand on his sister's shoulder.
“Kira…” Merci sighed. Knowing what he wanted to do, Merci stepped aside.
“Is that your unit?” Kira asked, glancing at the Savior.
“Yeah.” Athrun replied.
“Then the battle the other day…” Kira prompted.
“Yeah, I was there.” Athrun answered. “I'm part of the Minerva crew at the moment.”
Both Kira and Merci gasped.
“I saw you and tried to get a hold of you.” Athrun explained. “But I couldn't get through.”
“I think Kira-nii went into `SEED' mode at that time.” Merci supplied.
“But why did you do something like that? Something so foolish…” Athrun rebuked. “Thanks to that, the battlefield became chaotic and because of you, there were unnecessary casualties.”
“Something so foolish?” Merci echoed. “What ZAFT was about to fight back then… it was the remaining military factions of ORB. Like it or not, they're still part of Sanc. We're trying to stop that!”
“Did you actually think that the remaining ORB military would quietly back just because you came onto the scene back then?” Athrun rebuked.
Merci took a step back.
“That's not what you're supposed to be doing.” Athrun added. “Before going out onto the battlefield and saying something like that, you should've never allowed the ORB forces to join that alliance.”
“That's…” Merci gasped. “Don't you think I know that? Yuna wants me out of Sanc, permanently. The Earth Alliance just gave him an opportunity he couldn't resist!”
Noticing his ring on her finger, Athrun fell silent.

“That's it.” Rey remarked as both he and Shinn arrived at their destination.

“But then…” Kira added. “If you are part of ZAFT now, what do you intend to do from now on? Why were you looking for us?”
“Kira, that's…” Merci protested.
“Because I wanted to stop you all from doing something foolish like that again.” Athrun replied. “I know there was the issue with Junius Seven but the chaos that followed is definitely the Earth Alliance's fault! Even then, the PLANT is making its best efforts to end this foolishness as soon as possible. But what you guys are doing is making the situation more chaotic!”
“Is that really so?” Kira asked. “Does PLANT really think that way?”
“That Chairman Dullindal… does he really want to end the war as soon as possible and make the world peaceful again?” Kira added.
“You've seen what the Chairman has been doing!” Athrun protested. “You've heard his words! The Chairman is really…”
“Then what about that Lacus Clyne?” Kira asked. “Just who is that Lacus who's up on PLANT right now?”
“That's…” Athrun stuttered.
“And why would the real Lacus almost get killed by Coordinators?” Kira pressed.

Back with Shinn and Rey, the two pilots were surveying the demolished facility. Entering the facility, they explored it on foot.

“Almost killed?” Athrun echoed. “What is that about?”
“We were attacked by a special ops team of Coordinators and their mobile suits in ORB.” Kira elaborated. “Merci managed to get her aides to help us escape just in time. Their target was Lacus. That's why I got back into the Freedom.”
“No way…” Athrun gasped.
“Because I didn't want to let her or anyone else die again.” Kira remarked. “Who would want her dead? And why? Until that is cleared up, I can't trust PLANT.”
“Kira!” Athrun rebuked.

Back with Shinn and Rey, the two had entered a chamber filled with bodies in giant tubes.
“What is this place?” Shinn was astounded, as Rey had a panic attack. The song `Life Goes On' sounds in the background.
“Rey!” Shinn rushed to his friend's side.
“Rey!” Shinn called out. “Rey! What's wrong Rey? Rey!”

SailorStar9: Well, that's it for now. Read and review.