Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned ❯ Stella ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: A new chapter up and no review. You guys don't love me anymore. (Wails). Anyway, this is Chapter 26. Those who like Stella, weep. The girl's dying in this episode. Read and review.
Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue or I'll sink a SEED mode Kira after you. And no flames. Flames will be extinguished by a fire extinguisher or used to burn joss sticks.
Chapter 26: Stella

In Berlin, the ZAFT mobile suit forces continued their ineffective assault against the Destroy Gundam.
The refugees fled in hysterics.
“Mama!” a young boy cried as he walked through the war zone.
“Fire! Fire!” the commander ordered. “Don't falter! We have to stop it here!”
With a war cry, Stella fired her laser beams at the ZAFT forces, destroying every single mobile suit.

In his conference room, Djibril laughed.
“How is it?” he taunted. “Isn't the Destroy overwhelming?”
“That's true.” one of his associates agreed. “It incinerates the land and leaves nothing.”
“How much do you plan to burn down with this?” another associate asked.
“As much as it takes, as long as ZAFT is there.” Djibril replied. “Those who plan to be friendly with them must be taught a clear lesson that we Naturals and Coordinators are different. And that you would go to Hell if you should go against that.”

Back on the battlefield, Neo was watching Stella's progress when the Freedom's laser beam attacked from the clouds.
Stella quickly put up a deflector shield to wield off the attack.
“What?” the Extended gasped as the Freedom flew in.
“Freedom?” Neo remarked.
“Damn! It's them...!” he hissed, noticing the Archangel in front of them and flew in to intercept.
Kira tired to fly closer to attack the Destroy but was forced back by its deflector shield.
“What an enormous size this thing is...!” Kira exclaimed.
He continued attacking from above in various directions, only to be blocked by the deflector shield.
“What... are you!?” Stella demanded, firing her lasers at him.
Kira blocked the first wave, slicing his way through the rain of lasers as he closed in on the Destroy.
Neo entered the battlefield, firing his laser at the Freedom.
“Be careful, Stella!” he warned.
“Neo!” Stella called out.
“That's the Freedom. He's tough!” Neo told her.
“No matter what it is...” Stella hissed as the Freedom closed in. “I'll...”
With a war cry, she morphed the Destroy into its mobile suit form.
“This is...?” Murrue gasped after Stella's transformation was complete.
“A mobile suit!?” Arnold completed the sentence.
With a cry, Stella fired her chest lasers at Kira, who flew up to dodge the attack, causing several buildings to be hit instead.
The rest of the crew on the Archangel's bridge gasped at the destructive power the Destroy possessed.
“Damnit, why do you do such things?” Kira demanded.
“Damn, out of your sight, am I?” Sting hissed as he fired at the incoming Freedom. Kira quickly dodged the attack.
“Damn!” Neo cursed, flying in to attack, forcing Kira to dodge the attack.
On the ground, Stella positioned her finger lasers and fired.
“Cover him. Aim the Gottfried.” Murrue instructed. “Fire!”
Sting was forced to dodge the attack.
“Damn...” Neo hissed, pulling back as Stella deflected the attack.
“It was deflected...?” Arnold gasped.
“I'll go as well!” Merci turned to Murrue. “At this rate, Kira will...!”
“Peacecraft-sama! Let us go as well!” Amagi requested over the intercom.
“Captain Amagi...!” Merci gasped.
“This battle may be for Sanc, but we can't just stand by and watch!” Amagi replied.

On the battlefield, Stella screamed as she launched the Destroy's flying arms at Kira. The Freedom dodged every single attack, only to have the two arms continued their assault.

“Alright then. Let's go.” Merci instructed.
“Are you sure?” Murrue asked.
“We can't just let this go on!” Merci replied.
“But isn't the Epyon ZERO unsuitable for....” Murrue voiced out her objections.
“Never said I'll be using the Epyon ZERO.” Merci replied as she headed out.

Back on PLANT...
“It's no good. Gardena Squad isn't responding!” a soldier reported.
“The target is currently advancing through Berlin.” another reported.
“Gibraltar is demanding orders for a response to the situation.” another added.

At the Council meeting...
“What's going on!?” one of the council members demanded. “Performing such an act without declaration is...!”
“Burning down cities indiscriminately... are they insane?” another remarked.
“Stationed forces in the city are practically annihilated. Chairman, please order a temporary retreat.” another requested.
“But what will you do after retreating?” Durandal asked. “Will this problem solve by itself if we retreat? What about the Minerva? Where is it now?”
“They are heading for Berlin, as per the orders of the command center.” one of the council members replied. “But under these circumstances, they lack power, so even if they go...”
“This may be so...” Durandal agreed. “But it must be done...!”
“But...” the other members objected.
“If no one stops them, they'll get even more conceited and will keep on burning cities!” Durandal argued. “That cannot be allowed to happen!”

On the Archangel...
“Murasame, Ikeya's Unit. Please launch!” the mechanical voice sounded over the intercom.
The three Murasames took off, with Merci's Selece Masho taking the lead. (A/N: Yes, Merci's launching in her Masho in this episode. Epyon ZERO just isn't suited for snowy battles.)

Back on the battlefield...
Kira hissed before firing his lasers at the Destroy. Stella quickly used her deflector beam to block the attack. Meanwhile, the Destroy's flying arms were still on Kira's tail, forcing the Freedom to dodge every attack.
“Take that!” Sting yelled, coming in to attack Kira.
“The power of a mobile suit doesn't determine its strength!” Sting retorted as he flew past the Freedom. “I will take you down!”
“Damn it!” Kira cursed as Sting turned back to attack him.
Just then, the Murasames flew in, firing at the Chaos. Sting retaliated by firing back at them.
“Kira-sama!” Amagi called over the intercom. “Leave this to us!”
It's okay Kira. came Merci's voice in his head. Leave it to us.
“I understand.” Kira nodded as Selece floated beside him, Chione's Cosmo radiating around the Masho. “I'll leave this to you.”
Then, he flew off to take on the Destroy.
“Let's go, Gou, Nishizawa!” Amagi instructed.
“Roger!” the two pilots with him chorused as they flew in to attack the Chaos, transforming into their mobile suit forms in the process.
“Damnit!” Sting cursed as he dodged the lasers.

On the Minerva...
“Distance until target: 40.” the radar officer reported as the battleship entered the battered battlefield.
“Receiving visual.” Meyrin reported. “No response from the frontline command center!”
“Situation analysis from heat signatures...” the radar officer reported. “This is... Freedom!”
Both Talia and Arthur gasped.

Back on the battlefield...
Stella was firing her massive lasers at the incoming Freedom.
Merci was using Selece's ice shield to defend some civilians from Sting's assault.
Please, get out now. Came Merci's soothing voice in the mother's head.
The mother nodded and escaped with her children.

As well as the Chaos, Windam, ORB force's Murasames, the Archangel, and an unidentified unit!” the radar officer on the Minerva's bridge added.
“What...? Why is that ship....?” Arthur exclaimed.
“Just like the archangel of justice indeed...” Talia remarked. “'If there are cries for help,' I suppose...”
“Captain...” Arthur turned to Talia.
“Issue Condition Red.. prepare for anti-mobile suit battle!” Talia instructed.
“Yes madam!” Arthur stood at attention.
“Condition Red issued.” Meyrin announced over the intercom. “Condition Red issued. Pilots, please stand by in your units. Pilots, please stand by in your units.”
“Shinn...!” Lunamaria called out before Shinn proceeded to the hanger.
“Shinn.” Talia voiced over the intercom.
“What is it?” Shinn asked.
“The situation is more chaotic than we expected.” Talia told him. “We can't make contact with allies at the front line and the enemy forces are currently engaged with the Freedom and the Archangel.”
“Kira...” Athrun blinked.
“What?” Shinn demanded. “Why are they...!?”
“I'm not sure what their intentions are, but don't get your enemies wrong.” Talia warned. “I know we lack manpower, but we must stop that thing at all costs. The command center has high expectations of you. So please...”
“Shinn!” Athrun rebuked at Shinn's cocking smirk as the younger pilot headed out.

Back on the battlefield...
Stella was going head on with Kira as she fired her finger lasers at the incoming Freedom.
Kira hissed as he dodged the rain of laser beams.
With a war cry, Stella launched her cannons.
As the missiles closed in, Kira went into 'SEED' mode, firing his laser cannons to destroy the missiles.

On the Archangel...
“Kira-kun!” Murrue gasped.
“What a monster this is...” Arnold noted. “Since we're in the middle of the city, we can't fire the Lohengrin.”

Back on the battlefield...
“Damn it, I won't let you!” Neo hissed, firing at the Freedom.
That Windam... why...? Kira wondered as he dodged the attack.
Back with Sting, the Chaos came under heavy fire by the Murasames.
Meanwhile, Kira was still under the Destroy's flying arms' pursuit. Dodging the relentless attack, Kira turned the Freedom upside down, firing at the Destroy, only to have his lasers blocked the deflector beam.
Stella gritted her teeth as she recalled Neo's words. “You need to fight again with this, Stella. Or else, scary things will come and kill us. You can do it right, Stella? You need to erase everything that's scary.”
With a furious cry, Stella leapt back into the battle.

On the Minerva...
“Shinn Asuka, Core Splendor. Launching!” Shinn declared.

On the Archangel...
“Approaching heat signatures: 4! This is... the Impulse!” Miriallia reported as the Impulse formed in mid-air. “On top of that, the Minerva's coming from behind us!”

On the Minerva...
“It would be best if we could fight together...” Talia remarked. “But I suppose that's hard to do now.”

Back on the battlefield...
Shinn fired a shot at the Destroy's leg. The Extended hissed as Neo's words repeated in her mind. Or else, scary things will come and kill us.
So promise me... that you'll definitely return her to a warm and gentle world! Shinn's words echoed in his mind.
With a cry, Shinn dodged the Destroy's lasers as he flew in, slicing the Destroy's cockpit open.

Back with Neo...
“Stella!” the commander exclaimed, flying back to assist her.

Back with Shinn...
“What is with this monster?” Shinn demanded, flying back to attack the Destroy.
With a loud cry, Stella begun firing wildly and destroyed many of the surrounding buildings.
“Why would you do such a thing...?” Shinn hissed. “Why do you want to kill so much!?”
Stella replied by firing her lasers at the incoming Impulse.
“Stop it kid!” Neo intervened.
“Damn it, what are you...?” Shinn demanded as Neo knocked him off course.
“The one piloting that thing... is Stella!” Neo told him.
Shinn gasped, only to have Neo's words confirmed when he focused his camera on the open cockpit, seeing Stella sitting in it.
“Neo!” Stella cried out, stepping forward to defend him.
Taking this opportunity, the Freedom fired at the open cockpit, causing a shrapnel to hit Stella.
“Stella!” Neo cried out as the Destroy went down.
“What are you trying to do? Be a sitting duck?” Kira rebuked.

On the Minerva...
“Shinn!” Athrun gasped.
“What's wrong? Did he get hit somewhere?” Lunamaria asked.

In the battered Destroy's cockpit, Stella recalled Neo's words. Or else... they'll kill all of us.
“Neo... I don't want to die... I'm scared..!” Stella wept.

Back on the battlefield...
Neo was still fighting it out with Kira.
Neo threw an exploding knife at Kira and destroyed his shield.
“Murrue-san, please take care of this.” Kira requested.
“Huh?” Murrue blinked.
Kira then sliced off the Windam's arms and Jet Striker pack.
“What?” Neo gasped as his mobile suit went down.
“Neo!” Stella cried out.
The Windam crashed into the ground, and Neo was ejected from the cockpit just before it exploded.
“Neo!” Stella screamed as the Windam exploded.
“Shinn, what's going on?” Talia asked. “What are you doing, Shinn?”

In the Destroy's cockpit, Stella recalled Neo's words. Or else... we'll be...

Back with the battle with the Chaos...
“Damn it, it is no good. I'm retreating, Bonaparte!” Sting declared.
However, his retreat was intercepted by the Murasames.
“What?” Sting gasped as the three Murasames pilots fired at him in a downward spiral.
“I won't allow let you get away!” Amagi swore as he flew in to the falling Chaos and slicing it in half and it exploded in midair.

In the Destroy's cockpit...
“No...Bad... NO!” Stella screamed as she unleashed the chest lasers of the Destroy which levelled everything else in her path.

In the air...
“Stop it, Stella! Stella!” Shinn called out to the Extended.
“Damnit, stop it already!” Kira cursed as he flew in, laser sword in hand. However, he was deflected by the deflector shield and barely dodged a laser attack.
“Stop it!” Shinn called out, flying in to intercept.
“You don't know anything...! That's... that's...!” he hissed.

On the Minerva...
“Shinn!” Lunamaria gasped when she saw him attack the Freedom.
“What is he...?” Athrun blinked.

In the air...
“Stella! Stella! It's me, Shinn!” Shinn called out to the Extended, flying in, once Kira was out of the way.

In the Destroy's cockpit...
“No! Dying is bad... no... I'm scared...!” Stella screamed, unknowingly firing her lasers.
“Stella! It's okay, Stella!” Shinn called out as he flew in between the lasers. “You won't die! I will...! I will protect you!”
“Shinn.” Stella muttered, as she lowered her laser gun.
“Stella...?” Shinn blinked.
She paused briefly, but was reminded by Neo's words when she saw the Freedom. Or else...scary things will... Stella can... kill... us...
Both Kira and Shinn gasped as the Destroy went back online.

On the Archangel...
“This is no good, Neumann!” the radar officer reported.

On the Minerva...
“Calibrate the Tristan. Target: the giant enemy mobile suit.” Talia ordered.
“Yes madam!” Arthur replied.

Back in the battlefield...
“Stella! Stella!” Shinn called out, trying to get through to her.
“Stop it Stella!” he cried out as the Destroy prepared to fire its chest lasers.
“Stop it! That's enough...!” Kira shouted, flying in.
“Stella!” Shinn screamed.
But, just as the Destroy was about to fire, Kira stabbed the cannon with his beam sabres, getting out of the way before the Destroy exploded.
As he pulled back, the Destroy Gundam was engulfed in an explosion, with its head cannon firing into the air.

On the ground, Murrue approached unconscious Neo and was shocked by what she saw underneath his mask.
“Stella... Stella...!” Shinn called out, after pulling her from the Destroy's cockpit. “Why did this...?”
“Shinn...?” Stella peered open her eyes. “You came to see me...”
“Yes...” Shinn wept, taking Stella's hand.
“Shinn... said you would... protect Stella...” Stella muttered.
“Stella!” Shinn cried.
“Shinn... I like you...” Stella confessed, before dying in his arms.
“Stella!” Shinn cried out.
He let out an agonizing scream moments later.

SailorStar9: I know, I know. I said I'll revive Stella, but in the next episode. Until then, read and review.