Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ A New Friend: Pilot of the Blackrose ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“Are you sure this is going to work, Lt. LaFlaga?”
 
Mwu shook his head. “Honestly, I think that we'll get caught real soon, but who's to know?”
 
Kira sighed. Mwu nodded briefly and said softly, “Come on, lets go.”
 
* * *
 
“So far, so good.”
 
Neither of them spoke as they walked down the corridor of the Novus. Luckily, no one had noticed them. Kira looked around.
 
“So……….which way?”
 
“Honestly Kira, I don't know.” Mwu turned to him. “They probably keep prisoners at the bottom of the ship. Once, a friend of mine was captured; that's what he said, at least.”
 
Mwu then motioned to the stairs. Kira nodded. Both headed for the staircase.
 
* * *
 
<A few minuets later>
“Lieutenant, look over here.” Kira gestured to a corridor. There where steel walls lining it. Bars covered the windows on the doors.
 
Mwu shook his head and whispered loudly, “Lets check it out.”
 
* * *
 
The cells on the first corridor were empty.
 
“Hold on Kira.” Mwu stopped his young friend and handed the teenager a small picture. Kira looked at it. There was a woman sitting down under a tree. She appeared to be about his age, maybe a little older. She was donned in an Earth Alliance uniform and her golden hair was swept up into a complex bun. Her eyes were cold and her face held no emotion.
 
“Is this her?”
 
Mwu nodded. “Taylor Ren. Capt. Ramius gave it to me right before we left.”
 
Both turned and started walking down the empty corridors. Finally, they came to a cell that held a prisoner.
Inside the cell was a young woman. Her face was cut and bruised. The flight suit she was wearing was torn in several places. The walls surrounding her were covered in blood, as was she. The teenager was indeed sitting in a pool of her own blood. Mwu forced the door open and both entered the cell. Kira bent down when he stepped on something sharp. Broken pieces of glass were scatted among the floor. He picked a large piece and held it in his hand. The edges of the glass were outlined with blood. Sickened at the sight, he dropped the glass. Kira fingered the photograph in his hand at looked at it again. The girl from the picture and the teen sitting in front of him were indeed the same person. He watched silently as Mwu gently eased the unconscious teenager into his arms.
 
“Lt. Ren?”
 
Kira nodded silently. Mwu sighed softly and exited with Kira following.