Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Infinite Energy ❯ Chapter 8 Assassination ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8 Assassination
 
“You sure it's ok to just let them go off on their own for a bit?” Mu asked with a seriously doubtful expression, but Murrue was still confident in her decision. “It will be fine; Athrun was a bodyguard after all, and Lacus and Meyrin still have Kira as well. Also Brett needs to go in with Asagi; from what I know he and Asagi have been worked to the bone over the last few years. They could use some time away from battle; I still have trouble believing they are truly okay after what they experienced.”
 
“Yeah; Brett told me about what happened to him and Asagi… definitely a horrible way for both of them to spend two years of their lives. I just hope nothing happens to them… it would be a shame if anyone dies now. Especially considering how much each of us has been through.”
 
Mu was rather pleased with the break they were receiving, but Murrue understood the importance of this trip. “This trip is very important for Brett… I understand he is going to buy Asagi her engagement ring, and I have to say that it is wonderful the two of them are going to end up together.” Mu whistled and could not believe that young man's actions. “Well that's all good for him, but he is making the rest of us look bad. I mean I understand they lost two important years, but seriously he is making me look really bad to my girl.”
 
Meanwhile everyone gathered into a small shuttle; the group was fairly large, but still easily fit into the shuttle. Asagi, Meyrin, Mir, and Lacus were all very excited to be spending time shopping and frolicking with the guys that were coming to. Brett, Kira, and Athrun all had a weapon on hand and loaded; despite that this was a relaxing trip; they still had to protect the girls. Brett could not figure out why anyone would hurt him, but Asagi would not get hurt on his watch.
 
Kira looked into the monitor that was connected to the bridge of the Archangel; “okay Mrs. Murrue… we're all going now. We will be back soon as we can.” Murrue nodded a single time before responding to Kira; “alright, but just please be careful while you are all gone. I know you are all adults, but that does not give you the right to be careless…” Kira nodded; followed by Brett and Athrun; none of them were going to allow anyone to be hurt.
 
The shuttle launched away from the Archangel, and Brett returned to Asagi's side; she was so excited to be going with Brett and Mir. “So Mrs. Asagi; I hear that Brett is going to take you shopping and that he is treating you to anything you want. You certainly are lucky to have someone that cares about you that much.”
 
Lacus's gentle smile gave her words an extra compassionate tone, and Asagi was only too joyous to reply that she was indeed overwhelmed. “That's my wonderful husband to be; after all we have been through… right now it is just nice to be off that ship and having some fun with my fiancé.”
 
All the ladies were impressed with Brett, but he was a little bashful. “What else am I suppose to do with my money. Over the last two years; the only peace I have ever had was when I was with Asagi. I just want her to be happy, but I don't really have anything besides my work so I doubt I would use much of my money..”
 
Asagi was blushing, and the shuttle then touched down. The group split in two; Mir, Brett, and Asagi in one group; while Kira, Lacus, Athrun, and Meyrin went the other way. Both groups had rented a vehicle, and Kira and Brett both watched their groups enter their respective vehicles, but Kira had something to ask Brett. “Sure you'll be okay; those two girls can be a handful… wait a second, I guess I forgot who I'm talking to.”
 
“Ha ha, real nice Kira… you Kira after the war you should just be a comedian. But honestly I don't even know why people would go after us, but I will be careful. Lacus is a much bigger target then me or Asagi so you be careful…?” Kira nodded to Brett, and both Lacus and Asagi started to yell for them to get moving. Brett just shrugged to Kira, and ran over to the vehicle, and hopped into the driver seat.
 
“Don't worry about us Kira; you just worry about that princess of yours..!” Brett did up his seatbelt, and took off out into the city. Both Mirrialia and Asagi had never seen the city of Copernicus, but it was exciting for both. Brett did not understand at all what the big deal was, but it was just nice to finally be away from work. Asagi was just glad to be off a battleship, and Mir was just happy to have close friends.
 
The last two years of Brett's life had been nothing but torment and work. His entire life was devoted to building weapons of war, or piloting mobile suits; all the war and suffering was all he experienced over the last two years, but then again that became all he ever knew. It was almost as if a piece of his life had been taken away; the fact that he was an Exia also weighed on his mind with what he was dragged in too. Nothing in his life was normal, but with Asagi by his side and giving him support it was actually not so bad with the beautiful smiling blond haired girl.
 
Looking back through the rear view mirror; Asagi and Mir were smiling and so happy. Asagi was now almost her old self; after the torture she had to endure because of Brett; he was never sure she would ever be what she was. It was strange to see her so happy, and Brett felt so content with how things had worked out. He felt as if he had saved her from death, and now they could live their lives together; it was wonderful, and today was about them getting away from the war and catching up on lost time.
 
Mir was in her regular clothes, and while being a tag along she was very happy to be with them. “So Brett where are we going first…?”
 
Brett continued to keep his eyes on the road; it had been a while since he had driven anywhere in any vehicle. Strangely he was still able to do it with no problems driving and conversing. “I want to finally propose to Asagi the right way; so I think we need a ring, and we should pick it together.”
 
The car slowly stopped at the Copernicus mall; it was enormous, and filled with more then enough to occupy the group for well over a day. The three entered the mall to see a multileveled mall filled to the brim with stores of every kind anyone could ever require. Brett and Asagi were in a state of bliss; there was no Gundams, no weapons, and nothing close to what lived through. They felt like a couple of teenagers again, and more importantly for the first time in years.
 
The feeling of just being normal people was astounding; it was something both wanted to do but it was strange. Asagi was happy and literally vibrating from the excitement. It was her first mall since she had left Orb back in the first war, and being here with Brett was a dream come true. No matter how Mir watched this; she could only wonder what is was like to lose two years of your life. She even had trouble grasping how you can come back from something like that, but Brett and Asagi seemed fine together and it brought a smile to Mir's face.
 
Mir had blinked only for a moment, but already Brett and Asagi were off together. Talking and laughing like nothing had ever happened; Mir almost started to cry at seeing them move on like nothing had ever passed. There they were smiling and so happy just to be together; they were more then just a couple and Mir completely understood why they were getting married.
 
“Hey Miriallia…! Come on; I cannot just trust Brett's opinion when it comes to rings!” Mir snapped out of her daze from the sound of Asagi's voice; both of them were waiting for Mir. Mir caught up with them, and they entered a large jeweler's store. The store was huge compared to what Brett would have thought. Massive display cases of rings, necklaces, and jewels were everywhere.
 
Quickly Asagi found assistance that at first had ignored the young couple, and all three were shown engagement ring after ring. Again and again Asagi turned down the larger rings; each was beautiful, but not one fit what Asagi desired. Still Asagi did not want on of these huge rings; each were too big for her, and ring after ring was shown, and Brett loved each time that ring was slid on her finger and made her happy.
 
“Wait...” Brett snapped out of his daze to look at the ring Asagi had chosen, and he was surprised. The ring was a moderate size; it was a beautiful gold color all around, and Asagi's eyes were sparkling when she saw it. It fit perfectly on her finger, and she was instantly in love with the brilliance. The diamond on it even impressed Miriallia; it was a big diamond that actually was not oversized for the ring size. Asagi looked to Brett for approval and found it seconds later causing the young girl to wrap her arms around Brett's neck and squeeze to express her happiness.
 
When Miriallia saw the price tag; she was in complete denial that Brett could afford this. Brett had asked that it was just given to him; the ring and diamond was flawless. Asagi was inseparable from Brett's arm as she watched him buy it with a single swipe of his card. Once accepted Mir was in complete shock, and started to wonder how well off Brett was financially.
 
The ring was handed over to Brett; he knew what he had to do. He dropped onto one knee and held Asagi's hand with one of his, and held the ring up with another. Their eyes were locked, and Mir found herself starting to cry upon the sight of this romantic event. Brett looked into Asagi's baby blue eyes, and found himself quivering from anticipation, but he began to speak with a confidant voice. “Asagi… I have been in love with you forever, and we have been through so much together… I know the answer, but now I can do this right… will you marry me.”
 
Tears rolled down both girls' faces, but Asagi was smiling the hardest she could finding it hard not for her face to quiver. Nervous laughter came from her when she thought back to her past. She use to lye awake; dreaming of being with Brett and him proposing, but this was real. This is what she wanted for so long; her dream was realized. She was alive today only because of him, and there was never going to be doubt in her mind that he loved her. “Of course I will…!”
 
With those words spoken; Asagi could even see a tear in Brett's eye. He slipped on the ring that was meant for her; not to big or small just right; just like Brett and her as a couple. They were perfect for each other, and it showed. Asagi jumped into Brett's arms and put her head over his shoulder; she only could come up with gentle sobs from her happiness. Mir was drying her tears away; Mir wished that she could find someone like Brett, but sadly he was well beyond taken.
 
The small group eventually traveled out of the jeweler's store and traveled down the mall. It took awhile to settle down, but everyone in the store thought it was beyond sweet to see a young couple that would be wed. Asagi kept glancing at the ring; it was not her imagination; this was really happening. She only wished Mayura and Juri were here to share this moment. They passed an arcade and Asagi stopped dead in her tracks.
 
Memories came back when Brett and Asagi had set that high score; then it took them so long to finally get together. She knew it was wrong, but she wished she could have ignored the war, and led a normal life. She was roped in with Mayura and Juri who were her friends from prep school. Many reason's were beyond her for why she had become involved but it had brought her to Brett and it was worth it.
 
Quickly she struggled through all the training courses with her friends, and one day she found herself working along Brett. Working with him every day had been a dream of hers, and she often fantasized about him. Always she wondered if he liked her; their first meeting had left quite an impression on Asagi, and now she was getting married. Still she dreamed of a life with no war; after this war was over; she and Brett were going to do so much, and truly enjoy their lives.
 
“This is one big arcade… I promise that we will do whatever you want when we get back to Orb. We will make it back… the Archangel will not get a scratch on it; at least not while I'm fighting. This time I will not let anything injure me either…” Asagi was counting on Brett's promise, and she turned to him with a serious but playful expression. “You better not… I don't think I could live with ought you.”
 
Brett just smiled and led her off down the mall; they stopped in a large clothing store. When Brett told them that they had free range on anything both girls wanted; both lost it. Brett was pulled away into the store with a young woman pulling each arm. An hour passed with the girls grabbing the clothes they loved and trying them on. Asagi even found green tank tops like the ones she loved to wear.
 
Brett was still a little embarrassed when Asagi took him into the underwear department. She could not understand why he was so embarrassed, but Asagi thought he should have a say considering how they had already had more mature relations. Each and every time Brett tried to look away; Asagi only found herself getting a little frustrated with him. She eventually settled on something that she found sexy, and she decided not show Brett just yet, and found it exciting at what she had in store.
 
Miriallia had found enough that she enjoyed, and still felt guilty about Brett paying, but somehow she still found herself grabbing things she liked. Asagi pulled Brett into the change room area and make him wait outside; every so often she would come out with one of the outfits she had chosen. She loved her tank tops with the brown jacket and jeans, and so did Brett. Mir was really enjoying how responsive Brett was about voicing all his opinions.
 
However when Asagi decided to be daring, and modeled the underwear she had chosen; Brett's jaw nearly hit the floor. He turned away from the embarrassment, but Asagi knew she liked it. She approached him with a small giggle, and spoke in her normally cherry voice while she hugged Brett from behind. “I knew you would love it…”
 
Brett paid for all the clothes, and they the bought Asagi other things she would enjoy. The load of bought items included shampoo, candy, chocolates, small quantities of makeup, and many other items so Asagi could feel like a young normal girl. Together they all sampled music and picked from their favorites, and nothing could be ruining these moments.
 
Together they sat down in the eating area; once again Brett had been the gentleman, and the girls appreciated it. This food was so much different and better then the Archangels. It had been a long time since Asagi had had any food close to this good. Fast food was simply the best to her; though she protested that she loved many foods. The girls laughed and smiled, and Brett was enjoying his own meal; it had been a while for him as well, and military food had lost its charm so long ago.
 
Later they stood in another clothing store; this store was for swimwear only, and they now planned on going to a nearby water park. Brett had already chosen a pair of black swim trunks, but Asagi and Mir had to try theirs on. They emerged form the change rooms and Brett complemented them on how slim and great they looked. Asagi was in a lovely light shade of green for her bikini's color; while Mir was in a nice dark orange one.
 
They made it into the water park, and it was relatively tranquil. The girls ran first into the water which was relatively cold, and Brett was laughing at how the girls had ganged up on him; claiming that it was unfair. Then they retaliated by pulling Brett into the water so he could experience the cold water for himself. Brett smiled but was not going to sit and not get even for him self.
 
Brett jumped up and pulled the girls deeper, from there it became a massive splash fight till they were all drenched. Together the three frolicked in the water; splashing one another and enjoying how much fun it was. This was exactly what everyone wanted and needed; a moment where the war did not exist and they were all just teenagers again. Just teenagers enjoying the world with ought a care or worrying about death.
 
Brett and Asagi slid down together down waterslide after waterslide together. The speed and turns heightened their thrill, and Asagi was happy they did it together. The large one scared Asagi, but going down with Brett gave her courage. Asagi had her hand clenched so the ring would never leave her hand. She could not bare to part with it, and she would not let it go, but that did not stop the fear from going down the fifty foot drop.
 
Brett was pulled away to the hot tubs with just Asagi, and Mir decided to leave them alone for a bit. They entered, and the feeling was beyond belief; the warmth soothed every part of their bodies, and they moved to a corner. Asagi sat across Brett's lap, and sunk into the water; her head started resting on Brett's shoulder, and her hands were around Brett's neck so the ring would not get wet.
 
The two sat there long past how long they should have been in the heated water for. They both could stay here forever like this, and Asagi would mover her body closer to Brett so they would touch. Brett mentioned how much he enjoyed it, and Asagi moved even closer. Her body was firmly pressing against Brett's; both were incredibly turned on, and fought any urges back, but still it felt so wonderful.
 
“So have you really had been in here for a full hour…? You took look so happy that I can see why you would not want to leave, but you know we have to head back Brett. I guess are day is up for now Brett…” Asagi smiled and started to get up and help Brett up; all three were saddened by the fact that the day was over. Both the girls thanked Brett after getting changed and wondered how they had ever fitted everything into their single locker.
 
Out in the parking lot; all the girls were back in their normal clothes even if they had new ones. They loaded the car up, and headed off towards the car rental to return the vehicle. Soon they arrived, and the girls carried everything back to the shuttle; while Brett returned the vehicle.
 
Brett was approaching the shuttle, and Asagi ran up to him; the moment they touched Brett's phone went off. He opened it to see that Kira and the others had been attacked. Asagi gasped in horror till she read that everyone of the crew was still ok. Mir exited the shuttle to see what was going on, and the small sound of electricity was heard.
 
Everything froze from Brett's perspective; something was wrong. Brett could sense all the energy, but he also felt a energy source that sent a chill down his spine. They were in the open, and something malicious was about to attack. Brett whipped his eyes around, and he could see just a small glimmer, and he knew it may be too late. “Asagi get down!!!”
 
Brett jumped to Asagi's other side, and quickly turned; he pushed Asagi down trying to get her to safety. Suddenly Brett felt something plunge into his back; then another hit just higher, and the last hit his collar bone and traveled upwards at lightning speed. Brett caught a glimpse of the last object; it was a thin Kunai with intricate detail, and then Brett watched helplessly as it cut into Asagi from her mid back to her coal bone.
 
Each hit had knocked the wind out of Brett, and Asagi screamed out in pain from the razor sharp dagger. It took a second for what happened to sink into Mir's mind, and she reached for her phone to call for help, but a shrill playful female voice was heard. “I would not do that if I were you; I would hate to have to kill such a pretty little thing…”
 
A black cloaked female figure walked over to Brett and removed her hood so everyone could see her bright yellow hair. It was short with two long strands that were slicked back from with the rest of her short hair. Mir could not figure out if there was more then one person, and Brett was overtop Asagi trying to shield her still despite his own pain. Both were on the ground in pain, and Asagi was worried for Brett, but this young lady started to speak again. “No there is only one of me; I'm that fast Brett, and I know you have figured out why I'm here...”
 
Thoughts that this girl was not human had crossed Brett's mind, but the massive loss of blood was impairing his minds capabilities. Asagi was bleeding badly, and Brett instantly started taking of his shirt. He needed to buy time, and he started to quickly make a quick but effective bandage for Asagi. “Sorry but I do not know anyone who is this evil, if you want me then leave these two out of this.”
 
This yellow haired vixen laughed, and teleported to Brett's side. Brett had already finished the bandage, and decided not to move. Not for himself but for Asagi's sake; somehow more kunais appeared in this woman's hands right by Brett's neck. This female took pleasure in this and gently started rubbing against Brett's throat and jugular. “No you have not encountered me, but Theus did, and he lost everyone important to him… it was so quite amusing to watch, and now I'm going to leave that dumb blond of yours the same way!”
 
Asagi turned her head slightly; she was being held down by Brett for her own safety, but out of the corner of her eye she could see Brett. The kunais were cutting along his jugular, and Asagi had never been so afraid for him. A blood drop came from the small cut, and Asagi was starting to panic not wanting to see Brett die. Mir watched; paralyzed by the fear, and Brett knew he had to do something or this would be game over.
 
“You stupid hag; I would never die and let you leave Asagi alone! You are too slow to kill me and I will not let you take Asagi away either! You stupid old hag!!!” This yellow haired girl was instantly furious with his insolence, and her kunais went away from Brett's throat raised above her ready to slash her opponent. “You little bast…!”
 
Brett stunned her and stopped her speech when he reached up and grabbed her by the collar; this was going to end now. Brett pulled his arm down hard, and this yellow haired woman smashed against the cold hard concrete floor. Her body bounced off from the force she had hit with, and her kunais dropped from her hand. Brett swung his foot around and knocked her back through the air; he then grabbed his gun from his holster and fired multiple times.
 
The loss of blood made aiming hard, and only one shot passed through the woman's heart, and Asagi and Mir rushed to Brett's side. Brett had almost collapsed from the loss of blood at this point, but he watched the woman scrape across the cement floor from the force of the blow. Asagi's bandaged had stopped the fairly thin cut from bleeding anymore. Brett's entire back was bleeding very heavily, and had coated his back and his jeans red. Mir ran off and grabbed two towels knowing how bad things were just from the sight of the swelling wounds. One was held against his back while the other was held to Brett's neck.
 
Brett kept his eyes on the woman; even though his vision felt split in three. The woman got up like nothing had happened, and she started laughing despite how weak she appeared. “I will not forget this Brett; I will get even for this, just wait…! Remember the name Larxene… and oh by the way; that would have killed me; if only I had a heart to shoot through…”
 
The woman disappeared into a dark ball of energy, and Mir grabbed her phone. She speed dialed Kira's phone, and he answered to hear Mir incredibly panicked about the situation. Mir then helped Brett and Asagi to the shuttle, and Mir took quickly trying to get them to the Archangel where they could get the aid they need. Brett was still conscious, but every second it was harder and harder to focus. “Hey Asagi… are you… okay…?”
 
Asagi was touched with his concern, but her bleeding had stopped because of Brett. He had saved her again, and everything he had done today was her first. Brett leaned over and kissed her, and Asagi kept applying pressure to Brett's wounds. She was so afraid that he would die and leave her alone. She did not want her to lose her guy who meant so much to her.
 
The shuttle docked with the Archangel, and seconds later the door opened, and all their friends rushed in. Medics took Brett away despite Asagi's cries for them not to be separated. Asagi was next to be helped by more medics; the entire crew of the Archangel was their asking if there was anything they could do. Mir took all the stuff they had bought, and moved it to their rooms; so they could enjoy it later. Mir could not accept that either was going to die; no matter how bad Brett was.
 
Mir sat around with everyone else waiting for any news. She had explained everything to them, and had even told them about the happier moments of their day trying to forget the bad. It was hard on everyone; Meer had died protecting Lacus, and now this with Brett and Asagi was looking to be grim. No one wanted this to ruin their happiness, but somehow it had ruined the happiness for everyone else.
 
The medics exited after a full hour; all four were exhausted, and everyone was too anxious to wait. Athrun and Mir waited for moments before getting up and demanding to know how they were and the lead medic took a deep breath before reporting. “Let me say that was very hard and tiring, but Asagi is fine, and will not even have a scar after a day with the medicine we applied. Brett however… he has lost a large amount of blood, and any longer and his jugular might have torn open and he would have died. Whoever did this was very sick, and incredibly heartless… never mind, but we will take care of changing bandages because the skin is very damaged and we cannot risk hurting it any more.”
 
Kira was tired of not getting answers, and he stood up and demanded answers. “Is he going to live!!!” The lead medic paused from shock, and the secondary one began to speak. “Sorry master Kira… we know you are concerned but it took a lot of work. He will be fine; his jugular will be the most important to watch out for, and his back will take some time, but it should be healed in a few days. You may all go see him; just not all at once…”
 
Kira, Mir, Lacus, Athrun, Meyrin, Mu, Murrue, and the leader of the Murasame pilots all left for the room. Asagi sat there watching Brett, and suddenly the same yellow haired girl appeared above him. Asagi screamed for anyone to help; for anyone to stop her. Larxene then slashed Brett's neck and Asagi watched Brett die, and this enemy of hers looked into her eyes, and spoke a few words. “I hope you enjoy this as much as I did… you have nothing left… enjoy.”
 
Asagi screamed and woke to find herself in the medics with a group of her friends watching over her. Asagi swallowed and tried to calm herself down; she was breathing franticly, and she looked over at Brett to see he was fine. Murrue put a damp cloth on her forehead, and eased her back down. Mir had an idea of what she had dreamed about, and knew how to calm her down. “It's ok Asagi… Brett and you are going to be fine you both just need some rest. Don't worry about anything, it was just a bad dream…”
 
Asagi lay back down and reached over to Brett; she wanted to see him move, and to feel his hand warm and just there. Brett had woken up after hearing Asagi; his arm moved out and grabbed Asagi's hand from the other band. She smiled, and slowly started to get up; Mir supported her; even though Asagi had most of her strength. Kira grabbed her intravenous equipment and moved it over, and slowly Asagi laid down by Brett and they both fell asleep.
 
Everyone watched for a moment before exiting the infirmary; they gathered out in the hall for a moment. Mir was not looking to good, and Meyrin noticed and led her off to get some rest; the others were still in denial about this whole situation, and Lacus was sad. “To think that poor Mrs. Asagi had to go through all that; it must have been frightening for her to watch some girl almost kill Brett… I just hope they are alright.”
 
Athrun smiled and looked to the door to the infirmary; “I think they will be okay Lacus. Did you not notice that ring; because I think neither will allow themselves to die before their wedding.” Murrue sighed at the thought of the upcoming battle; “yes but I doubt this will stop Brett from fighting, and given his injuries I do not want him to go out, or Asagi for that matter.”
 
A salute was issued by the leader of the Murasame team, and Murrue could only guess what he was bout to say. “Mrs. Ramius… the Murasame pilots will gladly protect Master Brett if he decides to enter the battle!” Mu was next to step up and volunteer; “well I think I'm starting to remember all about this kid now and how much of a handful he is… I think we all will protect him; not that he is not a great pilot or anything, but still.”
 
Kira stepped up wanting this talk to end; there was still time for him to recover, and he wanted them to have total piece and quiet. “For now I think we should not worry about it; let's just let them rest and we can worry about what Brett will do later. I think we all need some rest any way.”