Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Equal In Life ❯ A Glimpse of Secrets ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: A Glimpse of Secrets

Cagalli Yula Attha awoke with only one objective in her mind: water. Groaning, she lifted herself off the bed. Next, she walked towards the light switch, but then decided against it. Most likely the corridor would be dark, so she might as well get used to it. Adjusting her eyes to the darkness, she glanced around the room for the clock, which fortunately was digital, so she saw clearly as it declared 2:30 A.M. Yawning, she opened the door. Unfortunately, nothing looked the same. Not wanting to get lost in this huge place all alone, she thought up a perfect solution…get Athrun.

After approaching what she assumed was Athrun's room, she pounded on the door, until a very startled Kira answered it. Still sleepy-eyed, he looked at Cagalli confusedly. "Huh? Cagalli, what are you doing awake so late?"

"Oh, sorry to wake you Kira." She apologized. "I was just looking for Athrun. Do you know which room he's in?"

"No, sorry." Kira apologized, scratching his head. "I went into my room before he went into his, so I don't know. He's probably in one of those three rooms though." He added, pointing that direction.

"Well then, we just have to find out, don't we?" Cagalli smiled mischievously. Before Kira could stop her, she yelled at the top of her lungs, "ATHRUN ZALA! YOU BETTER GET OUT HERE THIS SECOND!"

Sure enough, someone came out of his room, but it wasn't Athrun. "ZALA! YOU BETTER GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW AND TEND TO YOUR GIRLFRIENDS NEEDS SO THAT THE REST OF US COULD GET SOME DECENT SLEEP!" Dearka shouted, very cranky. By now, all the seven occupants of the corridor were wide-awake, and were standing into front of their respective doorways.

"Cagalli, you didn't have to be so loud…" Athrun remarked, absolutely embarrassed, both because of her behavior and Dearka's comment.

"Well Cagalli, you really outdid yourself this time." Kira commented, smiling.

"What's that suppose to mean?" She gave Kira an evil glare, which he responded to by slowly backing away. "Ugh, never mind." Grabbing Athrun's arm, she proceeded to drag him with her, completely unfazed by his bewilderment. "The rest of you can go back to sleep. I just wanted Athrun to come and help me find some water."

"We'll just come with you." Kira answered.

"Yea, besides, I could hardly fall back asleep after you woke me up." Dearka commented.

"Suit yourselves."

* * *

"Cagalli, are you sure you know where you're going?" Cagalli stayed in the lead while the others meekly followed behind her.

"Well, when we went to the dining hall from the rooms, we took a right, then a left, and a right again…"

"Um, Cagalli, we took a left first."

"…I knew that!" She defended, although the look on her face told otherwise.

"Are we lost now?" Lacus asked, clutching onto Kira.

"Don't worry! We'll find a way back." Cagalli commented cheerfully, completely ignoring Dearka's murmurs. Soon, the group came across a set of stairs.

"Cagalli, I don't remember going down any stairs…" Athrun suggested.

"Well, it might led to the kitchen, and there might be someone there to tell us how to get back, so let's go!" Realizing that now wasn't the best time to argue with Cagalli, the group followed, although that didn't mean that there weren't occasional murmurs here and there. Eventually, the stairs ended, and the group had to once again decide what to do.

"What floor are we on anyways?"

"The first floor, I think."

"Are you sure?"

"Well, we did come all the way down…"

Seeing that the conversation didn't go anywhere, Cagalli took the initiative once again, and dragged the group towards the right. After walking for a few more minutes, poking inside some rooms (which were fortunately, or unfortunately in their case, empty), they came across a metal door, much similar to those found in airships.

"Should we look in here?" Lacus asked, a bit uncertain.

"Why not? We looked in all the others here."

"Well, this one looks different. Besides, it seems to require some password."

"Actually, the lock seems to be disabled at this point…" Kira stopped himself, realizing what he just got them into.

"Well then, let's check it out!

"Cagalli, I don't think we should…" Athrun started to protest as Cagalli dragged him inside. But soon he stopped, as he took in what he saw.

"Whoa, what's all this?" Dearka commented, his mouth wide open. Even with the very dim lights, they could tell automatically, the outlines of grand bookcases, and several super computers.

"Is this some sort of data bank?" Kira pondered, as the group went down the railing to find more of such things.

"But I've never seen, or even heard about a place that came even close to this." Athrun answered, completely fascinated. "What do you suppose this is for?"

"Well, maybe if we look through one of these books or files, we could find out." Cagalli concluded as she made a grab for one.

"I don't think we should…" As soon as Cagalli attempted to pull out a file, an extremely noisy and annoying siren sound echoed through out the room. In a matter of seconds, footsteps began to sound behind them.

"Run!" Athrun yelled, as he instinctively grabbed Cagalli and started running deeper into the underground. Not thinking twice, the rest of them followed suit, occasionally stopping to catch their breaths.

"Should we turn right?"

"No, they're closing in."

"Then left!"

"Faster!"

"Now which way?"

"Left again!"

"Straight?"

"Yes, keep on running!"

Just about when they were going to give up, an exit appeared. "Hurry!" Not intending to waste another second, the group ran towards the exit, but stopped right in front of it when they saw a gigantic figure in the background. "What…what in the world?" The group stood there transfixed, staring at the figure. What was it? Some kind of machine? Some kind of artillery? Or maybe even…

"We don't have time for this right now." Athrun spoke up, after breaking out of the trance. "Let's get out of here!"

At that precise moment, the metal door slide open, revealing a figure whose flashing cobalt eyes showed signs of anger as she pointed a gun at them coldly. "You're not going anywhere."

* * *

Got to end it there! ^^

So how was this chapter?

Looks like they're in trouble now…^^ and was it just me, or did Arabella seem a bit scary there? lol…tell me what you think!