Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn Phase 1: Into the Stars
 
Standard Disclaimer: I don't own any characters besides Kiru, Ryo, Akiko, Valkus, and Captain Izumi
 
“Hey guys, wait up,” called Nikkoru, who was called Kiru for short, to his friends, a boy and a girl. He was 5 foot and 4 inches, had green hair not long enough to be mistaken for a girl but long enough to be considered long, his eyes were an oak brown color. He was wearing blue jeans, with a long-sleeved red shirt.
 
As soon as Kiru catches up with them the girl, who has shoulder length black hair, black khakis, and an orange shirt asks, “Are you okay today, Kiru?”
 
“Why wouldn't he be okay, Akiko?” asks the boy, who has short brown hair, a smile on his face, sand colored shorts, and a matching t-shirt.
 
“Because, Ryo, today is November third, AKA the day his brother died in combat!”
 
“So, are you alright?” asked Ryo
 
“Yeah, I'm fine.”
 
Suddenly, as the three keep on walking, a loud explosion and several GINNs from the Earth Forces (purple robots with heavy sword and a machine gun) appear.
 
“Guys! We have to go to the shelters,” cries Akiko
 
“Bad idea! There headed towards the shelters, run the other way,” yells Kiru so they could hear him over all the noise.
 
While the three of them are running a giant ship appears with three big missiles on the sides of it.
 
“Hey, what's that?” asks Ryo
 
“Looks like a new type of ship,” responds Kiru and after he looks at it he turns a pale white, “And those missiles, are nuclear ones. Run faster!”
 
Turning a corner, the three kids find them selves looking at an archangel-class ship.
 
“Excuse, us but may we please get on this ship?” asks Akiko
 
“No! Authorized personal only!” yells the mechanic
 
“Listen! You see that ship right there? Well, it has nuclear missiles, so if you don't let us on were done for!” demands Kiru, who has taken a more direct approach.
 
“Captain Izumi, we're having trouble with some kids wanting to come on board,” calls the mechanic to the inside.
 
“Let them in, we don't have time to waste,” calls back a female voice, probably the captains.
 
The thrusters of the ship blasted off, sending the ship into space, and sent all three of them on top of each other.
 
“Ryo, off my leg and arm please.”
 
“I'll do that when Kiru gets off my stomach, which is on top of your leg and arm.”
 
“Ow, off my head!”
 
“Coordinator's are supposed to be able to resist pain aren't they?”
 
“Be quiet Ryo”
 
“Boys, don't fight.”
 
Minutes later, after the kids get out of their mess, they here a supersonic explosion and they rush to a window.
 
“Do you think it could be the…” asks a sad Ryo.
 
“I… I hope n-not,” says Akiko, shaking with fear.
 
As soon as they were back to their senses from fear and sadness they headed off to where the captain was probably going to be, the hangar.
 
“Mr. Mechanic?” said Akiko to get his attention.
 
“What?” said the mechanic as he turned around from working on the Gundam.
 
“Umm… where's the captain?”
 
“She's busy.”
 
While Akiko was talking to the mechanic the boys were looking at the Gundam as a 16- year old with black hair and got in it.
 
“Prepare for launch into combat.”
 
“Hey Kiru,” says Ryo in a voice that made it sound like he was hiding something.
 
“Yeah?”
 
Ryo then pushes him into the Gundam's cockpit and after a round of “Heys” from Kiru and the other boy the Gundam is launched.
 
“Listen brat, since I can't go back now, just sit behind me and shut-up.”
 
“Don't call me a brat!” responds Kiru, who is sitting behind the chair, with his arms crossed.
 
The Gundam, which has a Strike-Gundam head, has a blue chest and a red body, except for the white head, takes out a beam saber and an anti-missile shield to block the swords of a GINN.
 
“Valkus are you at least 1 kilometer away from the ship?” asks Captain Izumi appearing on screen, “How did you get in the cockpit?” she says as she notices Kiru
 
“I tripped.”
 
“Yes I'm a kilo away.”
 
“Umm…”
 
“Start the sonic disrupter”
 
“We have a problem”
 
“What is it then?”
 
“That!” says Kiru as he points to GINN coming straight for the ship.
 
Valkus reacts, but it is too late. The Gundam thrusts back and he goes flying out of the chair and hits his head on the wall.
 
“Are you okay?” asks Kiru desperately
 
After getting no response, Kiru climbs into the pilot's chair and tries to take control of the Gundam.
 
“Let's see how well I can pilot this Gundam,” says Kiru while trying to figure out how to pilot it.
 
The Gundam evades an attack by a GINN and slices the beam saber through its legs. Another custom yellow GINN comes up and grabs the Gundam's arms, so Kiru retaliates by firing it's head vulcans. The GINN backs away and is struck with blast from the beam rifle.
 
“Valkus, are you all right?” asks Captain Izumi, then she sees Kiru, “Where is Valkus?”
 
“He was knocked out from the attack that hit us and sent us flying backwards.”
 
“How do you know so much about Gundams?”
 
“My brother was a Gundam pilot, and taught me a couple things about it. The fact I'm a Coordinator might help, too.”
 
“But Coordinator's are only born in the Plants.”
 
“So my family moved at the end of the last conflict, got to go,” says Kiru as he pushes the lever up, to evade a GINN and kicks it in the face.
 
As the GINN hurls backwards Kiru noticed they are generally staying back so he takes out a beam sniper and start firing.
 
The Archwarrior fires several air missiles and narrowly dodges a blast from the newly arrived Nazca-class battleship.
 
Back at the control room, Captain Izumi is in the head seat, random ensigns at the controls, and Akiko and Ryo watching the action unfold.
 
“Ready missile tubes one through eighteen and lock on to target-Nazca class ship. Fire!” orders Captain Izumi
 
“Captain, we have an unknown Gundam coming in fa-euh” cries the ensign as everyone crashes against the wall after the ship is thrown by a blast.
 
“Order a retreat to the Sonic Gundam, and prepare anti-depth charges as well as boosters,” says Captain Izumi as everyone recovers.
 
Later, after the escape Captain Izumi, Akiko, Kiru, Ryo, and Valkus sit in the control room having a meeting with the general about what to do.
 
“I think the best thing to do right now would be to give Kiru an ensign ranking and Akiko and Ryo a volunteer ranking. Do you except?” asks General Montgomery
 
A round of “I guess so” came from all three of them, despite the fact they sounded uncertain.
 
“Furthermore, I believe it is also a good idea to give Kiru the Sonic Gundam and demote Valkus to a skygrasper.”
 
“WHAT!” yells a furious Valkus,” Why should this little Brat get control of MY gundam?”
“Not a little brat.”
 
“Because despite never using a Gundam before he gets in the pilot's chair and safely defeats many enemies, you will still have a skygrasper, and you will still be a very good pilot. Now be quiet before I decommission you!”
 
“Yes sir.”
 
“Now, your next order of business will be to go to a rendez-vous point, currently TBD and meet with the Archangel.
 
Softly Kiru mumbles, “Arch…angel?”
 
“Kiru, are you okay?” asks Akiko
 
(Music starts playing)
 
“Archangel, that's the ship that killed my brother!” Kiru responds fiercely while everyone gasps. “I will not interact with them at all!” he says while forming a fist, “I will not!” yells Kiru as he punches the wall with his hand.
 
“I won't,” cries Kiru weakly going down to his knees with tears flowing freely.
 
Next time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
After a battle, separating Kiru from the archangel, he must resist temptation, but can he over power this strong emotion? Next Time: Battle of the Mind
 
Author's Notes
The Gundam that Kiru piloted was called the Sonic Gundam. The weapon Valkus was going to use was a 1 kilometer sonic disrupter. Kiru is a Coordinator, while Akiko and Ryo aren't. The music playing thing happens in the end of each episode, when emotions seem to be at there highest. TBD is “to be decided”.