Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn Phase 2 Battle of the Mind
 
 
Standard Disclaimer: I don't own any characters besides Kiru, Ryo, Akiko, Valkus, and Captain Izumi
 
As the Archwarrior travels through space, Kiru, Ryo and Akiko are talking.
 
“So, how long do you think it will take for us to reach the Archa-, “says Ryo as Akiko stomps on his foot,” What was that for?”
 
“For starting to say the a-r-c-h-a-n-g-e-l word,” responds Akiko.
 
So, I'm going to meet up with the Archangel crew. But, what if it is a whole different crew than five years ago? Will all my troubles go to waste? And if it is them, what will I do? How will I react?” thinks Kiru as he stares off into space, while Ryo and Akiko were talking.
 
“Kiru, are you all right?” asks Ryo as he notices Kiru staring off into space.
 
“Huh? Oh, Yeah. I'm fine.” Says Kiru as he snaps back into reality.
 
“Report! All units, level 1 battle stations!” yells Captain Izumi through the intercom.
 
“Well, that's me. You two are going to the helm of the ship, right?” says Kiru.
 
“Right”
 
As Kiru runs off, Ryo and Akiko turn to each other. “Do you think he'll be alright?” asks Ryo.
 
“He'll be fine… I hope.
 
“Hello, brat,” says Valkus rudely as Kiru jogs into the hangar.
 
“Don't call me that.”
 
“Boys don't fight. Just get into your cockpits,” says the mechanic, breaking the tension.
 
“Right, right.”
 
“GATX-117, Sonic Gundam, launch!”
 
“Skygrasper, launch!”
 
As they launch, Kiru sees the leg of a rusty red, and pitch black colored Gundam, out of the corner of his eye.
 
“Valkus, I'm going to check something out,” announces Kiru.
 
No sooner had Kiru go after the mysterious Gundam, may GINNS come and surround him.
 
“Dang it!” says Kiru loudly as he starts attack the many GINNs.
 
After Kiru blasts one with his beam rifle, something comes out and blasts his thrusters, so he can barely move.
 
“Huh? My thrusters were taken out?” asks Kiru in confusion..
 
Then, the same mysterious figure come out and knees the Sonic Gundam so hard, and so fast Kiru can't even see. As he goes flying in circles, the figure takes out two ropes with grappling-hooks type things, goes up and shocks the Sonic Gundam. Kiru screams, but in space, no one can hear you scream. As Kiru falls unconscious, he sees the head of the mysterious Gundam. It has three spikes, like a crown, colored red, and one yellow eye.
 
“Captain Ramius, there is a Gundam 200 meters away, at 90 degrees,” reports a blond boy with glasses, known as Sai Argyle, about two hours after the battle that the Archwarrior was in.
 
“Get all the information on it you can on it and monitor its position,” responds a woman in a Captain's uniform and long brown hair.
 
“It's the GATX-117 Sonic Gundam, property of the Archwarrior,” responds Sai.
 
“Archwarrior? Isn't that the ship we're meeting up with?” asks a girl with short orange-brown hair, called Miriallia.
 
“Yes it is. Contact them ASAP and send Kira to retrieve it,” says Captain Ramius.
 
As Captain Izumi appeared on the monitor, Captain Ramius spoke,” Hello, I presume you are the Captain of the Archwarrior. I am Captain Murrue Ramius of the Archangel.”
 
“Yes I am. Captain Maria Izumi. I would have to think this isn't a pleasure call.”
 
“We have recently found a Gundam, apparently not moving according to our resources, that we believe is the Sonic Gundam, which is under your jurisdiction. Do you have the Sonic Gundam in your possession?”
 
“Unfortunately, no. During a battle mere hours ago, the Sonic Gundam separated from us and we haven't heard from the pilot since,” responds Captain Izumi.
 
“Captain, I found the gundam,” says a rusty voice through the communication system.
 
“Can you send us a picture?” asks Captain Murrue.
 
“Working on it… done.”
 
“Miriallia, can you show Captain Izumi the picture?”
 
“Here,” says Miriallia as she shows a picture a picture of Sonic Gundam without its phase shift armor.
 
“That is him! Recover the ship ASAP,” comments Captain Izumi.
 
“Kira, bring back the Gundam.”
 
“Right away.”
 
A few hours later Kiru suddenly sits up fast.
 
“Huh? Where the heck am I?” Kiru wonders out loud to himself.
 
“Relax kid, your on the Archangel,” says a dark-skinned, blond hair person Kiru had not noticed before.
 
“Arch...angel” whispers Kiru as he flashes back.
 
*Flashback*
 
Kiru is in a fancy room, where his brother, Nicol is playing the piano. Kiru comes in and we don't hear the conversation, except one sentence Nicol says, “Myself and the rest of the Le Crueset team are currently on the trail of a ship called the Archangel.”
 
“Next we see Kiru, with tears streaming down his face yelling,” Archangel is the ship that killed my brother!”
 
*End Flashback*
 
“Hey kid are you alright?” asks the person sitting in the corner.
 
“Uh, yeah.”
 
“I'm going to tell… someone you're awake,” says the person as he exits the room.
 
A little while later Kiru exits the room and starts exploring the ship.
 
“Since it's the same class as the Archwarrior, it should have the same interior, so I should know my way around,” therorizes Kiru softly.
 
As he turns the hallway he runs into the blond guy again.
 
“Hi. The captain contacted your ship, so they know you awake.”
 
“That's good, but will you tell me how the heck I got on to the ship and why I have the bandages around my head?”
 
“Well, apparently during a battle something hit you away from the ship and electrocuted your Gundam. We found you and poof- here you are.”
 
“Thanks, by the way what's your name?” asks Kiru
 
“Dearka.”
 
After exploring some more, Kiru takes off a pendant around his neck and flips it open with a sigh. Inside is a family picture of him, his older brother, and his parents.
 
As he runs his fingers over it he thinks,” So, now parents are dead. So I'm the last Amarfi? I mean my parents, Nicol, cousins, aunt and uncle-all dead. Dang it! And all because of the stupid Earth Forces!”
 
“So you're the pilot of that Gundam we found?” asks a blond girl.
 
“Oh! Yeah.” Says Kiru as he closes the pendant and puts it back around his neck.
 
“So, whatcha doing?”
 
“Just…remembering. What's your name?”
 
“Cagalli.”
 
“Well, I'm off to explore see ya,” says Kiru as he walk down the hall.
 
After turning a few corners, and walking down a couple hallways Kiru sees a group of three, which has two boys and one girl, and goes up to them.
 
“Uhh, Hiya,” says Kiru shyly.
 
“You're that kid from the gundam that was found earlier,” says Miriallia.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Didn't know kids your age did pilot gundams,” says a person with brown hair, and a blue piloting uniform, called Kira.
 
“Yeah, well, I got pushed into the gundam and happened to be better than the current pilot, so I got the job,” says Kiru embarrassed.
 
We see a teen with short black hair and a pilot's uniform talking to someone with long pink hair.
 
“So, Lacus, how are the negotiations for an improved treaty between the Earth and the Plants going?” asks the teen with black hair
 
“Okay, Athrun, but I think the people in the Earth Alliance think I'm just a pink haired, air-head, and I think the Plant's chose me because I'm a big star,” says Lacus.
 
“Well, just try to make a good case for what the treaty should be like, and they'll respect you in no time,” says Athrun.
 
“Thank you Athrun, you really helped cheer me up,” says Lacus as Athrun blushes,” I must get going, I will hopeful talk to you soon. Good-bye.”
 
About an hour later, and 15 minutes to the meeting point, Kiru hears the crew from the last war talking to Captain Izumi.
 
“So, in all, from what I've heard Kiru is acting nice to the crew,” reports Captain Ramius.
 
“Which I think is strange since-, “says Ryo until his foot stepped by Akiko,”Hey!”
 
“Strange why?” asks Kira, whose words reflect on everyone's minds.
 
“Well…” starts Akiko unsurely.
 
“I think it's fair to tell them,” comments Captain Izumi.
 
“Well, you said earlier you all took part in the previous war on this ship. Kiru's brother was killed in war by someone on the crew of the Archangel.” Says Akiko.
 
“By any chance, do you know his name?” asks Athrun.
 
“His name was Nicol and killed by the Strike Gundam,” says Ryo, and as everyone gasps he finishes,” he raves about his brother enough,” finishing the question Athrun was going to ask.
 
After letting the news sink in, Athrun says,” Dearka and I… we knew Nicol.”
 
“So do you know who did it?” asks Ryo Curiously.
 
(Music Starts Playing)
 
“I…I did,” says Kira meekly.
 
The door then opens to reveal Kiru standing there. He has a dead serious, calm, frown on his face.
 
“So, you did it. I've looking for you a long time. Don't expect me to be nice to you, because I am out for blood,” says Kiru in a monotone.
 
 
Next Time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
When ZAFT calls, the crew goes to the Plants. Here they find memories, and not all good ones. And what do clones have to do with this? Next Time: Phase 03: Plant's Memories.
 
Author's notes
 
Expect Kiru being like he was in the end some more. Yzak will appear later, around chapter 4 or 5, working for ZAFT. And in case you didn't notice it before, Kiru's brother is Nicol.