Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn Phase 3 Plant's Memories
 
Standard Disclaimer: I don't own any characters besides Kiru, Ryo, Akiko, Valkus, and Captain Izumi.
 
One day has passed since Kiru's revelation. Kiru, Ryo, and Akiko were in their Ryo and Kiru's room.
 
“So, Kiru what are you going to do about being accompanied by the Archangel?” asked Akiko
 
“Easy, I'm going to ignore them. Except Kira, I'm going to get vengeance on him,” responds Kiru with a little evil smirk.
 
In the control room of the Archwarrior, a representative, wearing a ZAFT uniform appears. “Hello. This is the Archwarrior, is it not?” he says.
 
“Yes, what is your business?” says Captain Izumi.
 
“We would like for your ship, and your companion, the Archangel, to come to the Plants to investigate a certain person, and his company.”
 
“Why couldn't you look it into this yourself?” curiously asks Izumi.
 
“We have no way of knowing what officials he paid, but reports say he paid at least half of us off.”
 
“Okay. We will talk to the Archangel and decide what to do,” announces Captain Izumi.
 
“All right,” says the orange-haired official and signed off.
 
“Get me Captain Ramius stat.”
 
“Hello Captain Izumi,” says Captain Ramius as she appears on screen.
 
“I just got a call from a ZAFT official and he asked us to investigate something.”
 
Before Murrue spoke Cagalli appeared on screen and said, “Excuse me, but I think that would be a good idea because with the Orb fleet at a minimum and us at war, I think it would be good idea to become potential allies with the Plants. They might help us out of a jam.
 
“Agreed,” Says Captain Ramius.
 
“So it's settled, we change courses to the Plants immediately.”
 
Cagalli walks around the corner and sees Dearka, and Athrun talking.
 
“Hey guys, did you hear? That we're going to the Plants?” asks Cagalli.
 
“That's bad for us…,” says Athrun.
 
“Why?”
 
“…Because we were brand as traitors to the Plants,” says Dearka, continuing the line of thought.
 
“Oh, yeah. That sucks. But, you don't have to leave the ship.”
 
“Huh?” said both boys in unison.
 
“Captain Ramius said only a select group of people were leaving the ship.”
 
At the control room of the Archangel Captain Ramius and Captain Izumi were talking about who to send to investigate.
 
“I think we should those kids aboard you're ship along with Cagalli, and someone else,” say Captain Ramius.
 
“Why?” inquires Captain Izumi.
 
“Because they're kids and kids can't be trapped on a ship. Also, one of them is the only Coordinator not having bad relations with ZAFT.”
 
“Good idea. I think we should send Valkus also because he's experienced,” states Captain Izumi.
 
“So it's settled. We send Kiru, Valkus, Ryo, Cagalli, and Akiko.”
 
“Agreed.”
 
“So, which ones are going to investigate?” asks the same orange-haired official from before.
 
“They are,” says Captaim Izumi as she points to a group of Kiru, Valkus, Ryo, Akiko, and Cagalli, Kiru wearing a frown on his face, and Valkus looking annoyed.
 
As the group starts walking to their destination, Kiru shoots glares at Cagalli.
 
“Will you stop glaring at me!” demands Cagalli
 
“Why? I know you you're Kira's brother,” says Kiru in his monotone.
 
“What! How did you find out?” screams Cagalli
 
“Word of mouth.”
 
“So tell me, why shouldn't I just hurt you right now and get my vengeance?” asks Kiru a little while later.
 
“Uh… because you'll get in trouble and Kira will get mad,” says a semi-panicked, semi-calm Cagalli.
 
“Lucky for you, I don't hurt innocents,” responds Kiru flatly.
 
At this point Valkus sighs, “How come I'm stuck with three brats and a stuck up princess?”
 
“For the millionith time I am no and I repeat not a brat!” yells Kiru.
 
“Yes you are.”
 
At this point Kiru sticks his tongue at him and while Valkus tries to catch Kiru Ryo says, “For some odd reason, I think Kiru's feeling better now,” as Akiko and Cagalli sweat drop.
 
As the antics of the group are going on Athrun is back at the Archangel, thinking, “The Plants. The last time I was here was when I tried to talk to my father and failed. After that I was brand as a traitor. If someone finds out I'm here, will I be arrested for treason?
 
Elsewhere on the ship Kira is also thinking, “Plants, I was never really here before, but I met and fought people from them. Including Kiru's brother, Nicol, was that his name? That I killed.
 
After things quiet down, the group reaches the place where there supposed to go and enter.
 
“Are you the people supposed investigate me?” says a bald professor.
 
“Yes we are,” comes from Valkus.
 
“Now will someone please tell us what we're supposed to investigate?” asks an impatient Ryo.
 
“You know, he's right. We never did learn what we're supposed to investigate,” comments Akiko.
 
“Well, my business is to `resurrect' or clone loved ones for a price. I allow them to choose and alterations and age,” says the professor as Kiru's eyes gleam.
 
“Well, well, well, how can I show you I am legit? Perhaps clone one for you?” asks the professor.
 
“Here's a question for ya, how do you get the DNA needed for cloning?” asks Cagalli
 
“ZAFT security rule number 59363, all returning or entering ZAFT members must give a DNA sample to confirm the given identity. In other words, all people working for ZAFT must give a DNA sample after entering or coming back for whatever reason,” answers Kiru, and after getting weird looks from everyone he continues,” What? Anyone in ZAFT must learn those and I picked a couple from my brother.”
 
“He's right, and most of my clients had their family killed in war, so we have a sample on hand. Back to proving I'm legit if you come back tomorrow with someone in mind, we will clone them, providing I have the DNA.”
 
After that the group left to report their findings to the captains.
 
“So they'll clone someone for free?” asks Captain Izumi.
 
“Yes, that's what he said,” answered Valkus.
 
We see a man shadowed saying, ”Launch the GINNs.”
 
Then a blow struck the Archwarrior and everybody grabbed onto something to stop themselves from going flying.
 
“All units, level 1 battle stations.”
 
“Brat, let's go.”
 
“Right and stop calling me `brat!” said Kiru.
 
Hurriedly, Valkus and Kiru suited up and ran to the hangar.
 
“Kids, go to your mobile suits or Gundam now!” orders the mechanic.
 
“Don't need to tell me twice,” says Kiru, “But him on the other hand probably needs to be told again.”
 
“Oh, shut-up brat,” says Valkus.
 
As Kiru and Valkus climbed in to their cockpits, thay both had a stern look on there face, Valkus to prove he was better than Kiru, and Kiru to get back to try and clone Nicol.
 
“GATX-117 Sonic Gundam. Launch!”
 
“Skygrasper. Launch!
 
Kiru took out his beam saber to deflect a GINN's sword and swung back, cutting the GINN's hand off.
 
Valkus' skygrasper dodged a missile barrage and shoots two missiles at the GINN who launched it. He then fires a cannon at GINN heading towards it.
 
Kiru was drawn into hand-to-hand combat with a strong GINN. He punches at it and after the GINN's dodge slashes it in half diagonally.
 
We see the shadowed man again as he hits something and then calmly says,” Oh, well, order a retreat. At least we will get a mole in those blasted ships.”
 
Suddenly the GINNs all started running away as fast as they could.
 
“Kiru, Valkus, return to the ship and we'll continue what we were doing,” calls Captain Ramius.
 
As peace to the ships returned, they got back to their discussion on who to bring back.
 
“I would like to bring Tolle back,” says Miriallia.
 
“What about Flay?” asks Kira.
 
“I wouldn't mind getting Mwu back,” comments Captain Ramius.
 
“Everyone! We have to be logical in this. And I hate to spoil all the fun but, they said if they have the DNA, and they won't for any naturals,” says Valkus and silence follows, everyone thinking.
 
“Well, then, could be clone Nicol?” asks Kiru quietly.
 
All eyes were on Kiru. “Well, it makes sense since he was in ZAFT and they took a DNA sample of him right after he returned, and right before he was killed,” says Kiru, shooting a glare at Kira.
 
“That makes sense… I guess,” says Athrun.
 
“And it would help the situation on Orb. Have you noticed that after the war where the heck will three thirteen year-olds go? With Nicol he has a training history and that would be useful,” finishes Kiru.
 
“So it's decided. We will clone Nicol. Kiru, since you're his brother, you're in charge of the important aspects such as age,” says Captain Ramius.
 
At the cloning place, the group and both captains are there.
 
“So, who are going to clone?” asks the professor.
 
Kiru steps forward and says,” Nicol Armarfi. Is he in there?”
 
“One moment… why yes he is in there,” says the professor as Kiru smiles at that last part. “What age would you like to have him?”
 
“15, the same age as he died,” answers Kiru.
 
“Beginning cloning process. Cloning process complete,” says a computer's voice.
 
A pod with fog and a shadow in opens and we see Nicol's face.
 
(Music Starts Playing)
 
“Nicol!” cries Kiru enthusiastically.
 
“Kir…u?” says Nicol weakly,” Is that you?”
 
“Yes,” Kiru says as tears fill is eyes, “Here, put these on and I'll explain,” he says as he hands Nicol an Orb uniform.
 
Next Time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
Nicol's back and is readjusting to things. But after a ZAFT raid where will his loyalties lie? Next Time: Phase 4: Raid of the Archs.
 
Author's Notes
Random trivia fact, code 59363 actual has to do with Nicol's name. The only way for me to move the plot forward was for me to clone/resurrect
Nicol.