Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn Phase 4: Raid of the Archs
 
Standard Disclaimer: I don't own any characters besides Kiru, Ryo, Akiko, Valkus and Captain Izumi.
 
“So, basically, I died, 5 years pass and you `resurrected' me?” asks Nicol.
 
“Yeah, that's pretty much it,” responds Kiru.
 
“Anything interesting happen during those 5 years?” asks Nicol.
 
“Let's see, the family moved to Orb after the war, I met Ryo and Akiko, the war started, due to nukes I got on the ship, and… Mom… and Dad,” says Kiru as he starts tearing up.
 
“What happened to them?”
 
“The nukes struck where we were living in Orb and they… died!” says Kiru as he starts crying.
 
“There, there, Kiru it's all right. Besides I'm here now and that's defiantly good,” soothingly says Nicol as he let's Kiru cry on him.
 
“Thanks, *sniff* Nicol,” says Kiru as he stops crying.
 
“So, I heard you pilot a Gundam, which one?” inquires Nicol, changing the subject.
 
“Come on, I'll show you!” says a very excited Kiru, starting to jog down the hallway.
 
As soon as Kiru and Nicol caught up, a big explosion happened and a boarding tube came in, preventing any air from going out, and ZAFT members came rushing in. The one in front, apparently the leader, said, “All troops move out, and capture any crew members or supplies you see,”
 
As the men went out the door two noticed Kiru and Nicol and demanded, “Put your arms up in the air!”
 
“As Kiru and Nicol did that both guards fall to the ground as Valkus stands over them.
 
“Here,” says Valkus as he hands Nicol a stun gun,” this will stun them for about twenty minutes.”
 
“Hey, how come I don't get a stun gun?” asks Kiru.
 
“Because, you're an irresponsible brat,” answers Valkus, and as soon as he turned around Kiru stuck his tongue at him.
 
Two familiar screams are heard and Kiru whispers, “Ryo, and Akiko-no, as he darts off to find the source of the screams.
“Kiru, wait!” yells Nicol, but to no avail
 
As Kiru finds the source of the screams, a soldier raises his gun and fires. Kiru skillfully evades the bullets; he runs up and hits the man in the chin, and the man become unconscious.
 
“Are you two ok?” asks Kiru, breathing hard from all the running.
 
“We're fine,” states Akiko.
 
“Kiru!” yells Nicol as he comes up, “Are you ok?”
 
“Fine, not a scratch on me,” proclaims Kiru.
 
“Good.”
 
The soldier Kiru knocked unconscious, wakes up, just in time to hear an announcement by the leader, “All forces retreat! Repeat: all forces retreat!”
 
As the soldier scurries away Kiru asks, “Why do you think they left so abruptly?”
 
“Heh, abruptly, is that you big word of the day?” teases Ryo.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“So you have enough big words to have one each day?” asks Ryo bursting with laughter.
 
As the two boys glared at each other, Nicol asks Akiko, “Do they do that a lot?”
 
“Yes, they do. Now I have to stop them from tearing each other a part,” replies Akiko.
 
“Kiru, I'm going to try and find Athrun and Dearka, ok?” asks Nicol.
 
“Ok.”
 
As Nicol turns the hallway an announcement come over the speaker system, “Will Kiru and Nicol Amarfi please come to the control room immediately?”
 
“Come on Nicol.”
 
“Ah, you're here,” says Captain Izumi as the brothers enter the room, “As you know and experienced, a ZAFT raid happened not one hour ago, so they are no longer our allies. We want to make sure neither of you would betray us.”
 
“What!” snaps Kiru, “Why the heck would either of us do it?”
 
“Well, it's mostly Nicol were worried about, we just want to make sure if he does betray us, you won't go with them,” calmly says Captain Izumi.
 
“What! If Nicol was going to betray us the most opportune moment would have been during the raid!” yells Kiru.
 
“We'll need a guard for him, just in case.”
 
“I'll do it,” volunteers Kiru.
 
“That's what we thought.”
 
“Here,” says an ensign as he hands Kiru a stun gun.
 
“What's this for” asks Kiru.
 
“To stop Nicol if he does decide to betray us.”
 
“Captain, Two Nazca class ships are approaching.”
 
“Right. All troops' level 1 battle stations!” announces Captain Izumi over the intercom.
 
As Kiru runs out he sees Valkus just standing there and asks, “Valkus, we have a battle!”
 
“Right, right.”
 
As the two pilots come into the hangar the mechanic says, ”Hey boys get into your mobile suits.
 
“Don't you mean my and ex-mine mobile suits?” says Valkus rudely.
 
“Why don't you just shut-up?” asks Kiru.
 
“GATX-117 Sonic Gundam. Launch!”
 
“Skygrasper. Launch!”
 
As the skygrasper fires its cannon at a GINN, Kiru is taking out GINNs using a sniper rifle. Valkus is hit by a GINN, causing minimum damage, and retaliate by hitting the GINN with its missiles.
 
Kiru is now using his Gundam for close range combat. He punches a GINN and the takes its arms and legs off by using the beam sword.
 
We see Nicol, watching the battle and he whispers, “Kiru, I don't want you to die.”
 
Back to Kiru, he cuts the head off of a GINN and it explodes. His arms are trapped by a GINN and is about to be stabbed when he kicks the GINN attacking him back and throws the GINN holding him onto the other GINN's sword.
“All mobile suits retreat,” says a low, dark, yet familiar voice that Kiru's Gundam picks up.
 
“Our mobile suits, return to the ships,” declares Captain Izumi.
 
As Kiru got back to the ship, he runs to try and find Nicol.
 
“I bet Nicol is in his room,” thinks Kiru out loud to himself.
 
Kiru goes to Nicol's room and finds him there.
 
“Hey, Kiru, why don't you give me a tour of his place?”
 
Another violent explosion took place as Kiru and Nicol were leaving the room and more ZAFT troops came in.
 
“Kiru, we should run in different directions, so if they catch one of us they might not catch the other,” says Nicol as the brothers back up into the two hallways and sprint through them.
 
“Kiru!” yells Akiko as Kiru runs up to them.
 
A guard comes around the corner and pulls a gun on them, while Kiru pulls out the stun gun.
 
“Woah, where the heck did you get that?” asks Ryo staring at the stun gun.
 
“Long story.”
 
Kiru fires his stun gun and hits the soldier as he prepares to fire and the soldier slumps to the ground.
 
“We should find a safe place,” suggests Akiko.
 
“Good idea.”
 
“How about the hangar?” asks Ryo.
 
“Right,” all three say in unison.
 
As the three go to the hangar, without encountering any more soldiers, Kiru thinks he sees something and, appropriately says, “Guys, I'm going to check something out.
 
“Nicol?” asks Kiru as he sees Nicol, “What are you doing here?”
 
“I'm sorry Kiru, I really am,” and with that he pulls out the stun gun.
 
Kiru gasps and says, “What are you doing Nicol?”
 
Nicol, almost crying, shoots the stun gun and runs off..
 
Before Kiru totally passes out, he manages to say, “Why? Nicol, Why?” as tears roll down his eyes freely.
 
Next Time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
Kiru, as a result of Nicol's betrayal, is barely talking. And When he meets Nicol on the battle field, what will he do?
 
Author's Notes
Well, who didn't see that coming? If I continue writing at this pace, I should be done by the end of the month. I now accept anonymous reviews.