Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn Phase 5: Betrayed in the Cold
 
“Hm?” mumbles Kiru as he sits up after being unconscious, with a bandage wrapped around his head, in the Archwarrior's infirmary.
 
“Oh you're awake! Awesome!” says Ryo as Kiru notices him and Akiko sitting in the corner, “I bet your wondering how you got here, huh?” continues Ryo.
 
“You see, right after we found you, the ZAFT soldiers found us, but right after that they all got retreated,” says Akiko as we see a flashback.
 
*Flashback*
 
We see Ryo and Akiko worried, and turning a corner to find Kiru unconscious, they rush to him and Akiko takes his wrist, probably taking his pulse. Ryo visibly breathes a sigh.
 
A soldier rounds the corner and his mouth flails as he points his gun at Ryo and Akiko. We see an intercom message come over through the soldier's helmet, and he reacts angrily by punching a wall.
 
Akiko and Ryo breathe a sigh of relief as Ryo puts Kiru on his back piggy back style as they run to the infirmary.
 
*End Flashback*
 
As Kiru walks out of the infirmary, Ryo asks, “Woah, woah, woah! Are you sure you should be walking around so soon?”
 
Kiru nods his head slowly and continues out the door. Ryo and Akiko follow him. Kiru enters his and Ryo's room and slams the door right in his friend's faces.
 
“Kiru, do you mind if we come in?” asks Ryo.
 
“I'm not sure it's the best idea to disturb him, Ryo,” comments Akiko.
 
The door opens, Kiru walks into view and says, “Yes, I do,” coldly (he will talk like this for a while unless otherwise noted.)
He closes the door, and with a little smirk Akiko says, “Told you so.”
 
“That's awfully out of character of you,” responds Ryo.
 
“I blame the military, and hanging around with you and Kiru too much,” says Akiko as Ryo laughs at this.
 
“Will Kiru Amarfi please come to the control room,” says Captain Izumi's voice over the intercom.
 
Kiru walks outside, completely ignoring Ryo and Akiko, even though they were just outside his door and saying his name over and over again, in a vain attempt to make conversation.
 
Walking into the control room a few minutes later, Kiru says “Hm?”
 
“Ah, Kiru you're here,” says Captain Izumi, “We think now that Nicol's betrayed us, we need to make sure you won't betray us, too.”
 
“I won't,” responds Kiru.
 
“Ok, you may leave now,” says Captain Izumi.
 
“What! You're just letting him leave, he may be lying,” says Valkus, smirking a little at Kiru.
 
“Kiru, you can leave. Valkus, can I talk to you privately?” says Captain Izumi.
 
“Yes ma'am,” says Valkus.
 
As Kiru leaves, Valkus asks, “Why did you just trust him so easily?”
 
“I've been in the army for a while and I learned a few neat tricks. One of those is to see if their telling the truth by looking in their eyes. Besides, you could tell he was crushed just by his voice,” lectures Captain Izumi.
 
At the ZAFT base where Nicol was, he goes to meet his new commander.
 
“So, what's our captain's name?” asks Nicol curiously.
 
“His name is Captain Yzak Jule,” says another soldier.
 
“Yzak?” mumbles Nicol so softly no one can hear him.
 
“Here we are,” says the other soldier.
 
They go through the door and Nicol says, “Yzak!” at seeing Yzak in a white captain's outfit.
 
“That's Captain Jule to you now, Nicol,” corrects Yzak.
 
“Yes sir. Sorry Y-Captain Jule,” says Nicol.
 
“Artimis, you are dismissed,” says Yzak pointing to the other soldier.
 
“Yes sir,” says Artimis as he exits the room.
 
“Nicol, we're going to the hangar to show you your mobile suit,” orders Yzak.
 
As Yzak and Nicol reach the hangar Nicol gasps in shock.
 
“Yes, that is the Blitz Gundam v.2. You will be piloting it,” says Yzak answering the question, “It features the equipment as the Blitz Gundam v.1, using an upgrade of the mirage cloud, so you can use that and it's phase shift armor in unison.”
 
“Captain, we have found the Archangel and Archwarrior,” reports Artimis.
 
“Good, Nicol, get into your pilot suit and prepare to launch.”
 
 
“GATX-207, Blitz Gundam, launch!”
 
“Level 1 battle stations!” yells Captain Izumi over the intercom.
 
Kiru leaves the room and Ryo and Akiko approach him. “Hey Kir-,” Ryo starts to say, but Kiru interrupts and says, “Go away,” and starts to jog to the hangar.
 
“What a jerk,” says Ryo after Kiru is out of earshot.
 
“He is still our friend,” reminds Akiko.
 
“I know but, what a jerk,” says Ryo as Akiko sweatdrops.
 
At the hangar Valkus is about to enter his skygrasper as Kiru jogs in, and Valkus says,”Hey brat, hurry up.” To this Kiru just ignores him and enters the Sonic Gundam.
 
“GATX-117, Sonic Gundam, launch!”
 
“Skygrasper launch!”
 
As the Sonic and the skygrasper launch, the Buster, Freedom, and Justice launch.
 
Kiru sees the Blitz v.2 and goes after it, ignoring all the other GINNs. When he finally catches up he says quietly, “Nicol…”
 
“Kiru, don't think I'm going to let you just say some words and convince me to go back to your side. This isn't some dumb fairy tale. This is real life. Brat,” says Nicol cruelly, and just for a second Kiru thinks he sees a computer chip.
 
“I don't expect you to come back to our side. I'm not here to talk, I'm here to fight,” says Kiru calmly.
 
“Good,” says Nicol as he turns on the Mirage Cloud.
 
Kiru scoots his eyes back and forth, trying desperately to find the hidden Gundam, suddenly flying back a little.
 
“Kiru,” says Captain Izumi as she appears on screen, “Activate the Sonic Disrupter, it will stop the Blitz from moving.”
 
“Activating 1-kilometer Sonic Disruptor,” says Kiru as the chest right below the cockpit of the Sonic opens up and a large cannon-like device comes out. It fires an invisible wave that makes the Blitz appear and stop moving.
 
“Dang it!” yells Nicol as his Gundam stops moving.
 
“Kiru behind you!” calls Dearka as a GINN has Kiru in his range. In order to move, Kiru deactivates the sonic disrupter, takes a beam saber and cuts through the GINN aiming at it.
 
“Dumb brat!” yells Nicol at Kiru.
 
This is Kiru's breaking point. He shouts, “Do you know what I've been through! My parents are dead! Not yours, you stupid clone. Then I was betrayed by someone I thought I could trust.”
 
At the control room Ryo says, “Call me an idiot, but I think he might be feeling a bit better,” as Akiko sighs and says, “Idiot.”
 
We see a seed floating, with the colors of the rainbow under it. The seed breaks and we see Kiru's face, his eyes are now gray. Sonic takes out a beam saber, and before you know it thrusts the saber through the Blitz's legs. The Blitz fires some missiles at Kiru but he takes slices through the heavy barrage of missiles.
 
Kiru than does something surprising, he takes out his shield. He avoids some vulcans and rams the shield into Blitz, heavily damaging it.
 
“All units retreat!” orders Yzak.
 
“Kiru, are you alright?” asks Akiko, in the hangar when Kiru gets out of the Gundam.
 
“Hn,” says Kiru.
 
“I think that means `I'm ok' but I don't speak jerk-coldenese,” says Ryo as Kiru glares a hole through him.
 
We see Nicol, Artimis, and someone else in a room.
“Hiya, kilt-boy” says the other guy to Artimis.
 
“A kilt is perfectly good men's clothing, besides I'm Scottish. At least not named something girly like Francis,” snaps Artimis.
 
As Nicol's focuses out Artimis' and Francis' argument, he thinks, “Darn. Oh, well, I'll get him next time. But do I really want to?” as Nicol thinks that last part he has to put his head into his hands, from the pain
 
“Kiru, why did you suddenly get so much better at piloting,” asks Ryo
 
“Hn,” says Kiru.
 
(Music Starts Playing)
 
“I can tell you,” says Kira's voice from out of nowhere, immediately glared at by Kiru,” It's called a `seed' and gives you powers at a high emotion point. Only certain Coordinator's have it.”
 
Next Time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
After a battle, Nicol is captured. What will happen to him now? Next Time: Confronting the Enemy Part 1
 
Author's Notes
 
Don't expect Artimis and Francis to come back. They were just for laughs.