Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn Phase 6: Confronting the Enemy
 
Taking off from the previous chapter, Akiko asks, “So, what does seed stand for, it is an acronym, right?”
 
“Right, and it stands for Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-Factor, of course you take off the Factor part of it, but yeah, that's what it stands for,” says Kira.
 
Kiru gets up and while walking out the door says, “Thanks,” to Kira.
 
“Hey, Kiru where are you going?” asks Ryo, as if he was suspecting something.
 
“To get some sleep,” replies Kiru coldly, with a small yawn to emphasize the point better.
 
About an hour later, while Kiru was sleeping, Ryo and Akiko were talking.
 
“You know, I'm kinda surprised Kiru was so sleepy, I mean he got a good sleep last night, and it's only…” said Ryo as he looked at his watch, “…4:00.”
 
“Fighting Nicol probably took a lot out of him, and that `seed' thingy must have been pretty tiring,” responds Akiko.
 
At the ZAFT ship, Nicol, is washing some blood of his face, probably from the fight, when he notices something on his face in the mirror.
 
“Hey, what's this?” asks Nicol to no one in particularly when he brushes his green hair aside, and sees a small electronic device stuck to his face, “Bet I could pull this off.” When he tries, he cries out in pain, because the device sent a small electrical shock through his body. “I've got to see Yzak about this,” thinks Nicol, and sets off to find Yzak.
 
“Captain Jule!” exclaims Nicol as he finds Yzak alone in his room.
 
“Hello Nicol, and just call me Yzak, I'm off duty now,” says Yzak calmly.
 
“You may be on break, but I'm here on business. Now what is this thing on the side of my head?” says Nicol, trying not to snap at Yzak, as he pushes his hair out of the way to point out the electronic piece of metal.
 
“Oh, that thing. I was wondering how long it would take you to notice that,” calmly speaks Yzak.
 
“But what is it?” asks Nicol letting a bit of his temper out, sounding a bit like Kiru being cold to someone.
 
“A behavior modifier. It will make you 100% loyal to ZAFT and make you more aggressive,” answers Yzak, Useful isn't it?”
 
“Take it off!” demands Nicol.
 
“Why? Don't you want to be in ZAFT?” says Yzak.
 
“Not really, no. Besides, I don't want to fight against my little brother!” said Nicol.
 
“Didn't know you had a little brother.”
 
“There are a lot of things you know about me, Captain Jule,” says Nicol, and he says the last part mockingly.
 
“That's it!” says Yzak angrily and takes out a device, “This will make more loyal to ZAFT,” he says as he turns a knob on the device up.
 
Nicol is on his knees due to the pain, while Yzak takes an evil smile on his face.
 
A while after Kiru woke up he rejoins Ryo and Akiko in a hallway.
 
“Feeling better, Kiru?” asks Akiko
 
“Hn,” came Kiru's natural response.
 
“All units level 1 battle stations! We are entering combat! Repeat, all units level 1 battle stations.”
 
As Kiru runs off to the hangar, Ryo asks, “When do you think he'll be come Mr. Not Depressed instead of Mr. Super Depressed?”
 
Akiko sweatdrops before murmuring, “Typical Ryo,” and finally said, “Depends, maybe soon, or maybe never. Who knows? And why are you asking me?”
 
In response Ryo just shrugs and says, “Because you're standing next to me.”
 
“GATX-117, Sonic Gundam launch!”
 
“Skygrasper, Launch!”
 
“Everyone, be careful,” warns Captain Murrue, “We fighting both ZAFT and the Eart Forces.”
 
Kiru takes the early offensive by immediately going after two GINNs with his beam sniper. He easily blasts their arms and legs off. He sees the red and black Gundam and the Blitz sparring so he goes after them. He takes out his beam rifle along with his already out beam sniper and blasts both of them head-on. The Blitz turns on its mirage cloud and while Kiru's eyes are darting back and forth, the other Gundam comes up and smashes a hammer into the Sonic Gundam's arm.
 
For a moment, Kiru ignores where the Blitz might be and concentrates on the mystery Gundam. He takes out the beam saber, puts away his other weapons, and blocks the other Gundam's hammer. The Sonic takes a step back to avoid the hammer, and when he tries to block the hammer, a beam chain comes and wraps around the beam saber, trapping the beam saber, and allowing the hammer to hit the Sonic Gundam. The other Gundam pulls, Kiru in using the beam chain, and Kiru retaliates by kicking the chest of the Gundam.
 
Valkus is chasing down a GINN when a blast comes close to him.
 
“Hey! Watch that!” exclaims Valkus angrily to the Freedom Gundam, where the shot came from.
 
“Sorry!” apologizes Kira.
 
Athrun takes out the Justice's beam sabers and quickly cuts two GINNs in half, while Dearka chases down two more GINNs with his cannon.
 
Kiru, still without his beam saber, has taken out a shield and a beam sniper, trying to shoot off the arm that has his beam saber, to reclaim it. Realizing his strategy isn't working, he goes up to the mystery Gundam, and punches at it. The Gundam sidesteps, and in response, tries to bash its knee into the cockpit. Kiru's hit, and goes back a little, manages to kick the gundam's arm, making the beam saber go flying. Kiru goes after it, and the other Gundam chases after Kiru. In a mist of the battle, Kiru loses the other Gundam, but right after he gets the beam saber, the Blitz appears from out of nowhere. The Blitz then latches on to the Sonic, and while Kiru struggles to break free, Nicol appears on the screen and says, “Stop trying to break free, it's no use; by the way, the Blitz will self-destruct.”
 
“What! Are you so dedicated to your cause you'll die?” exclaims Kiru angrily.
 
When trying to break free from the self-destructing Gundam, Kiru makes the Sonic hit Nicol's cockpit, giving it a violent jerk, and Nicol's head hits the head of the chair, making the behavior modifier come off.
 
Reawaking to his surroundings, Nicol says, “What happened? Where am I? Kiru what's going on?”
 
“Basically, you betrayed us, worked for ZAFT, and your machine is gonna go boom soon,” answers Kiru.
 
“What! It's self-destructing!” panics Nicol, and when he regain self-control, “I'm going to leave now,” and with that Nicol makes the Blitz detach itself from the Sonic and goes as far away as he can before it explodes.
 
“Nicol!” cries Kiru as the Blitz is destroyed. We see a seed floating, with the colors of the rainbow under it. The seed breaks and we see
Kiru's face, his eyes are now gray.
 
“Oh boo-hoo,” mocks someone as appears on screen, “So your brother died, that's nothing to be sad about.”
 
“Who are you?” asks Kiru, once again being cold.
 
“Why, I'm the pilot as of the mystery Gundam, also known as the Lunar Gundam,” says the man as he unshadowed for the first time. He turns out to be… the cloning professor.
 
“I remember you! You're the one… who cloned Nicol,” said Kiru as everything fits into place.
 
Duh! The professor cloned Nicol, and when he needed to talk to Nicol privately, and that's when he put on the metal thing. But why is he working for the Earth Forces?” thinks Kiru.
 
“I bet you're wondering why I'm working for the Earth Forces,” says the professor, “Well, I'm really a spy.”
 
“All Earth Forces retreat! All Earth Forces retreat!” comes a signal.
 
“Lucky you,” comments the professor bitterly as he leaves.
 
“All ZAFT forces retreat! All ZAFT forces retreat!” comes another signal.
 
“Well Orb forces, you should come back as well,” says Captain Ramuis once all the other troops had left.
 
“But why!” complains Kiru as he is talking to the two Captains after he's back, “Why won't you let me look for Nicol in a skygrasper?”
 
“We can't let a traitor and a spy on the ship,” answers a calm captain Izumi.
 
“I'm telling you, it was that metal device!” argues Kiru, “What if we confine him to the hospital room or something like that?”
 
“Fine, fine, but let Valkus pilot the skygrasper,” says Captain Murrue as she just sighs.
 
“Me!” complains Valkus.
 
“Yes you now get going!” says Captain Izumi.
 
“Brat, put on a space suit, and take a breathing device for your bro in case we find him,” says Valkus.
 
“Fine, but stop calling me a brat!” says Kiru as he finds the stuff he needs.
 
“Start with the debris,” orders Kiru as their both in the skygrasper.
 
As they search (but mostly Kiru), he looks through the wreckage, and murmurs, “Nicol,” over and over again.
 
“He`s not… here,” says Kiru softly as he breaks down into tears, “No…”
 
“Wait!” Kiru says as he notices something strange, “Go over there!” he orders and points to the place.
 
“It's Nicol!” cries Kiru when he sees Nicol's body floating in space, I'm going out!”
 
Kiru dives out to Nicol, and quickly puts a breathing device. Kiru picks up Nicol and rushes back to the ship.
 
“Make sure to get doctors ready when we get back,” comments Kiru.
 
“Hey, Captain Izumi, the brat says to get doctors ready when we get back,” says Valkus.
 
“You do know, we will charge him with treason,” says Captain Izumi, talking to Kiru while doctors get Nicol to the medical room.
 
“No. You won't,” Kiru says harshly, and walks away to the medical room.
 
“How's he recovering?” asks Kiru to a doctor as the doctor walks out of the room.
 
“Well, he's still alive, but the lack of oxygen is bad and the explosion left a lot of burns,” answers the doctor as we see a shot of Nicol, resting on a bed, with bandages around his head, arms, and legs. He is also connected to a breathing machine.
 
“Kiru Armarfi, to the control room, now!” says a voice over the intercom.
 
“What?” asks Kiru as he walks into the Archwarrior's control room.
 
“Nicol is being charged for treason,” says Captain Izumi bluntly.
 
“No. He is not!” yells Kiru.
 
“Well like it or not, he is,” says Captain Izumi.
“I won't let you get him!” yells Kiru before he runs to the medical room.
 
After Kiru runs out, Captain Murrue sighs and asks, “What do we do now?”
 
“We could try and talk to him,” suggests Miriallia with a shrug.
 
“Good idea. On the chance that doesn't work we should get a back up plan. I'll talk to him,” says Captain Izumi as she stands up.
 
“Kiru?” says Captain Izumi softly as she sees him,” Can we talk?”
 
“Sure, but I'm not moving,” says Kiru, with his leg across the door, leaning on it, and Ryo, and Akiko standing next to him.
 
“You do realize what Nicol did was illegal, right?” says Izumi as she puts her arm on Kiru's shoulder, sympathizing him.
 
“Don't touch me,” says Kiru as he bats her hand off of his shoulder rudely and says, “And you do know it wasn't his fault, don't you?”
 
“Prove it.”
 
“The doctor was working for ZAFT. The real reason they wanted us to help them was for a mole inside Orb. They already had one working for the Earth Forces, the professor himself,” answers Kiru with a smirk.
 
“Good theory, but prove it,” says Captain Izumi after thinking for a moment.
 
“The professor is the pilot for the mystery Gundam, called the Lunar Gundam.”
 
“Now that's settled, let's get back on the topic for discussion, Nicol,” says Izumi.
 
“Hn.”
 
“We are going to get him, we will use brute force if needed,” threatens Izumi
 
“You mean beating me up? Not going to stop me,” says Kiru determinedly.
 
“Fine. I'll be going, but we will get Nicol,” says Izumi walking away from the confrontation.
 
“Kiru, will you be okay if the do try to attack you?” asks Akiko worridly.
 
“Fine, besides I still have this,” says Kiru as he pulls the stun gun from his pocket.
 
“You still have that?” exclaims Ryo surprisingly.
 
“Yes, I kept it, just in case.”
 
Back in the control room, Cagalli sighs and comments, “We better resolve this soon, it turned the ship into a mini-war zone, and were dead meat in a battle if they attack us now.”
 
“But we can't find a way so everyone's happy, Kiru will only be happy if we don't arrest Nicol, and we must follow the laws,” says Murrue.
 
“I have an idea!” announces Cagalli out of the blue and everyone's eyes instantly go to her.
 
Approaching the medical room, where Kiru was still in front of the door, Kira asked Cagalli, “Sure this will work?”
 
“He'll accept it, I'm sure.”
 
“Kiru, I have something to tell you,” says Cagalli confidently as she turns the corner.
 
“What is it?” asks Kiru curiously, but still tensely.
 
“I'll get straight to the point, because of the situation, I've given your brother a pardon from his crimes,” says Cagalli.
 
“Hm?”
 
“Basically, it means Nicol is free to go.”
 
“Thanks,” and with that, Kiru goes into the medical to room to see Nicol.
 
Kiru sits down on a chair near Nicol's bed and clasps Nicol's hand.
 
(Music Starts Playing)
 
“I'm not sure if you can here me, but everything's better now. You're back, and you'll be better.
 
“K..i…ru?” says Nicol very weakly,.
 
“Nicol…” says Kiru as he takes a deep breath.
 
Next Time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
During a battle, Kiru must defeat the Lunar Gundam once and for all. Next Time, Phase 7: Confronting the Enemy Part 2