Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn Phase 7: Confronting the enemy Part II
 
Standard Disclaimer: I don't own any characters besides Kiru, Ryo, Akiko, Valkus and Captain Izumi
 
“What… happened?” asks Nicol weakly after last chapter.
 
“Sh Nicol, save your strength,” says Kiru in a soft voice, making sure not to sound harsh.
 
“So…rry,” whispers Nicol.
 
“All units, Level 1 battle stations. Repeat: All units Level 1 battle stations,” comes a voice through the intercom.
 
“Dang,” says Kiru as he stands, “Be sure to rest, Nicol,” and he walks out the door, and when the door is closed, breaks into a run to the hangar. “Ryo and Akiko must of went to the control room since they weren't outside,” thinks Kiru.
 
“Captain Ramius!” exclaims Captain Izumi in the control room, as she contacts Murrue.
 
“I know,” says Murrue, voicing the thought on Izumi's mind, “We're going against both Earth Forces and ZAFT.”
 
“I'm not sure our pilots are really dedicated to our cause,” says a concerned Izumi, “I mean the spy's on board, and, no offense, but two pilots from ZAFT, and someone who was thrown into war.”
 
“Yes but, they're too smart to abandon us in the middle of a battle, when friends and family are on board,” reassures Murrue.
 
“GATX-117, Sonic Gundam, launch!”
 
“Skygrasper launch!”
 
As both ships launched the gundams stored in them, Kiru quickly fires a couple shots from his beam rifle off randomly.
 
“Why did you waste ammo like that?” Valkus demands to know.
 
“You'll see…” says Kiru, and as he expected, the Lunar Gundam comes out and tries to grapple the Sonic Gundam with the beam chain, but Kiru avoids it and retaliates with a shot.
 
Valkus' skygrasper avoids a GINN's saber and blasts it in half with his cannon. He then finds himself with two GINNs coming at him from opposite sides. He times the escape just right so the GINNs plant the swords into each other's head and they blow up.
 
Kiru slashes at the Lunar Gundam, it moves out of the way and tries to wrap the beam chain around the Sonic's head, but Kiru ducks under it and punches the Lunar in the chest. The Lunar flies back a little, and put his beam chain away while firing at Kiru with his beam rifle.
 
Kiru smartly avoids the blasts, but goes in front of GINNs so the shots hit them instead. The few GINNs that don't blow up from the blasts, or missed the shot, Kiru slashes in half easily. Kiru keeps avoiding in a spiral pattern, so that he'll get close to the Lunar.
 
“Nice try kid, but I see your pattern,” cackles the professor as he manages a direct hit on the Sonic's leg, but Kiru, after his shaky recovery manages to move away and fire with his beam sniper and blast the Lunar's right arm off (which was carrying the beam rifle).
 
“Darn you!” screams the professor. He, with his other arm, takes out the beam chain, and tries to wrap it around Kiru's weapons.
 
Kiru, who's focus was off the Lunar Gundam for a second, because he was firing at random GINNs who were chasing Dearka with his beam sniper, and his beam rifle, so the professor wraps the beam chain around them and shoves them away.
 
In the control room, Captain Izumi commands, “Evade to Starboard!” but it was too late as the ship was hit and Captain Izumi along with the second in command knocked unconscious.
 
“GINN approaching, impact in three seconds,” says a helmsman.
 
“What do we do?” panics Akiko
 
“Load Gottfrieds, fire!” commands Ryo, and surprisingly enough, the crew does it and they destroy the approaching GINN. As Akiko looks at him like he's turned into a tree, Ryo asks, “What? So I know a little about the ship…”
 
After a few moments of silence between the two friends, Akiko suddenly lifts her head up and says, “Got an idea!”
 
As Kiru is avoiding the Lunar's shots from a beam rifle, Akiko appears on screen, and Kiru says, “Akiko… I'm kinda busy right now.”
 
“Whatever. I've got a plan to destroy the Lunar Gundam. Can you draw it in the Archwarrior's line of fire?”
 
“Sure, whatever, busy, bye,” says Kiru hurriedly and turns his attention to the screen. Seeing the Lunar about to attack up close, Kiru avoids it and smashes it with his hands. Using this spare time, Kiru blasts of to the Archwarrior, and the professor, naturally, decides to follow.
 
Valkus is faring quite well. He blasts a GINN in half, and thrusts the sharp end into another GINN. He turns to face the Duel Gundam and tries to blasts it, but the Duel moves out the way and uses both of its beam sabers to try and slice the skygrasper in three parts.
 
“Die!” yells Yzak.
 
Luckily for Valkus, he moves out of the way in time, and blasts the Duel in the back. Yzak recovers and manages to slice the tail of the skygrasper.
 
“Darn it! I'll have to be more careful,” self-criticizes Valkus. He then evades a blast from the Duel and fires his machine guns at it. Duel evades that and uses the guns on the Duel's head to fire at it, but Valkus and the Skygrasper are long gone.
 
“Dang!” says Yzak before heading back out to battle.
 
Kiru is heading towards the Archwarrior, the professor taunts, “What can't handle a big, bad battle? Need the big ship to protect you?”
 
Kiru looks down, but slowly brings his head up and… smiles? “No, it's called strategy. Bye now.”
 
“What do you mean?” the professor demands to know. He looks confused until he looks at the Archwarrior, but it's too late to do anything.
 
“Lohengrin, fire!” yells Ryo and Akiko as the positron beam cannon fires. After the bright light from the beam disappears, Kiru looks at where the professor was, and now nothing is, and smirks. “That's what I mean.”
 
“Earth Forces Retreat!” comes a presumably commander's voice.
 
“All ZAFT Forces, after them!” comes another commanders (presumably).
 
As soon as both ZAFT and the Earth Forces were out of sight, Captain Izumi called, “All forces retreat.”
 
What should we do now?” asks Captain Izumi
 
Murrue sighs and says, “I don't know. We're in a situation no one could have predicted. Ryo and Akiko were promoted to Ensign, and Kiru's brother is still on board. But I think the war should end as soon as possible.”
 
Captain Izumi knew what that meant, “Right.”
 
Outside, Akiko, Ryo, and Kiru were waiting outside the door, listening in on the conversation.
 
(Music Starts Playing)
 
“So what do you think that means?” asks Ryo.
 
“Who knows, but if it'll end the war it must be good,” comments Akiko.
 
“I agree,” says Ryo.
 
“I hope so…” says Kiru quietly.
 
Next time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
After an intense battle, the Archangel and the Archwarrior are damaged. With this new predicament will they be sitting ducks? Next time Phase 8: Battle Lost.
 
Author's Notes
 
And I've decided my story into arcs, with this chapter finishing the second. Here's a brief overview of them
 
Arc 1, Phases 1-3, Beginning Arc, builds up all the future plots for the second arc
 
Arc 2, Phases 4-7, Nicol Arc, events centering on Nicol's betrayal, and the consequences
 
Arc 3, Phases 8-11/12, Trapped Arc
 
Arc 4, Phases 12/13-15/16 End Arc